Spoiler The Empress Of Ashes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    More like FL would jump to another dimension and would still end up with the ML anyhow. I don't even want to call him the ML, let's just assume he's a side character.

2. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i get the impression that the author is a misogynist who supports the traditional sexual double standard

Samsamsam11 and zoefleyl like this.
  3. Nebula25

Nebula25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering all the shit he did, this is such a minuscule request for clarification BUT in the 4th life, was he actually sleeping with all those concubines after FL cut him off or even before?

When I mlt'd the spoiler, it wasn't clear if he was or eas not sleeping with all those concubines or if he just hadn't slept with the FL in particular after the daughter was conceived. And how WAS the daughter conceived considering all the shit that went down with the son?

Ughh I cant get over the torture that is this novel - and I didn't even read it! I was already pissed reading the spoilers for the 4th timeline let alone the others! Wtf is the FL's fate that she got this kind of entanglement?

How DARE he be upset with her over the idea she might have had an affair with another man?! THE NERVE!

Funny enough, Valerie could have also easily been the FL since she also ended up with him in multiple timelines and actually held a more favourable position. Lara would've been the equivalent of a less scheming Rashta....ML in all cases remains a much more disgusting and reviled version of Soveishu.

4. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yall him marrying and sleeping with other women should not be the big 'GET THE F*** OUT OF THERE' sign. His hypocrisy earns a big F U and life of regret and loneliness, but the MURDER of his OWN CHILDREN (guilty or not) deserves a special kind of never-ending torture and suffering.
    Even if the fl for some unfathomable reason forgives ml for what he's done to her, she should keep in mind that this guy is a psycho who's killed his own children before in more than one life. Nevermind what he's done to you but don't play the holy mother role and overlook what he's done to others.

5. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    He never considered them as his children and he felt molested by Gladys and Valarie.

Valarie's family was influential and powerful, the doctors lied that Afrosa cannot become a mother again so he went to Valarie to make a heir, so that the throne firmly became his and no other could covet it as he wanted to protect Lara and their children.

He went to Gladys to keep Valarie in check.

Those children were always at his disposals and tbh I may sound bad. But the children deserved it, Valarie harmed Afrosa and Alec's child while Gladys and her children burned Loras and Afrosa alive, they were responsible for setting fire to the palace.

Alec never considered them their child. For him only Loras and Astrid were his children. He didn't even looked or take them in his arms and he has every right to, those were the children he was forced to make. Though I hate him for his selfish choices but this is the truth that what he did was because he was a cornered mouse. It's because we have never read these types of plots so we're unable to munch it down, especially the part where he hurt Lara so much under the idea of protecting her but broke her further.

He could've let her go but he was so much in love with her that he didn't. He did loved her, very much where he considered himself as a stallion and an animal in a human skin. He self harmed himself but as Lara said what he did destroyed everything, the way he loved was wrong and selfish, he never considered what Afrosa wanted or needed.

So, I don't feel bad at all where he killed them cause they all deserved it and the children had it coming too. Lara would've forgiven them but Alec would never. Though, they all got their karma but Alec didn't which is the only thing that is bothering me.

Valarie killed her child which she had with a famous actor Phillip before her marriage. His name was Cal, to shush Phillip she gave him poison and he was so in love with her that he knew it but drank it. Valarie did loved him but she loved power more. Before the regression she killed her child Cal and his aunt (Phillip's sister) to be not found as someone who had cheated the royal family or had a twisted history, in this timeline Phillip died as well but she spared her child cause she remembered the ache she had when she killed her own child. (tbh, she did worst but nvm) In this timeline she did again everything to bring down Alec and Afrosa but it didn't went her way, Alec spared her child cause of Afrosa and he too didn't wanted to kill a child who is innocent. Though Valarie thought that Cal was burned by Alec even though Afrosa pitied her but Valarie being Valarie. Also, she became the concubine, practically was sold to him by her father and also conceived his child which was killed by the Empress 1 who fed her poison. She went through everything Afrosa went through and was later sent to monastery.

Gladys's ending was that she chased Alec but got belittle. She later got engaged to a high ranking nobleman who had black hair and brown eyes like Alec, she liked him but her half sister seduced him to get even with her. Gladys's father cheated on the half sister's mother with Gladys's mother, the other plot is quite vague to me but it was like the half sister never knew that Gladys's father was her father as well, she thought he was her uncle and Gladys always found excuses to torture and belittle her though Gladys knew that she was the rightful heir as well and Gladys and the mother were the other people.
    So the half sister did exactly what Gladys's mother did, she went after Gladys's man and they both got together.

When Gladys confronted her she said exactly what the former said to her in defense of her mother's actions : Because it's love!

Not only that he even told her TO NOT TO TALK TO OTHER MEN.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2022
  6. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the side stories through MTL via images so the summary may be a bit messy as it's per my understanding.

In the side story, Lara met Lawrence and asked him to give up on her. Lawrence broken heart was completely shattered and he said in his monologue that she was harsh to him until the end.

Lara also met also met Valarie in the monastery where she was staying without Alec's permission, Valarie's hinges are loose so she's acting a little crazy, there was some sorry words from Valarie's side as her child was alive and Lara let her met him but Lara said that it will be more a reason to suffer cause she will grow up knowing that her child would never recognise her, Lara forbid her to die cause Valarie had a child from the previous king but the child was born with twisted limbs, Valarie said that raising that child Valarie will know the pain she went through when her son was poisoned. Valarie cried and Lara left.

There Alec was a little angry on her cause she went without telling or informing him to meet Valarie which he don't want.

Now here's this thing which i was unable to understand. Some convo about past life happened between them and it was revealed that Alec's son through Valarie in the fourth timeline where Lara and Loras died through fire, was infact, reincarnation of Alec himself. That was the reason he looked exactly like Alec cause a part of soul of Alec carrying the memories of other timelines was born seperately in that period so as to prevent what happened before but couldn't.
    Lara said that she felt him (the child) kissing her lips one day when she was crying (creepy) and sensed Alec through him.

Alec also conformed this that he realised that it was himself, a part of his soul whom he killed brutally as a punishment not only for Valarie but for himself.

In this timeline, the soul of Alec combined and this was the reason he remembered every timeline earlier than Lara.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2022
  7. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read all the spoilers and dang. Maybe the real tragedy is the fact that the FL and ML does end up together in the end.

Kasik, babayagu, AleksHiki and 35 others like this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I'm quite surprised by this news.

The novel wasn't really much popular among the readers when I checked last. There many negative comments and the ratings were low. I think this was an out of box concept in the sense male lead is absolutely flawed, not op and has weaknesses which were used against him. This one reminds me of Lady to Queen and Abandoned Empress. The webtoon may help this novel give a boost.

I think novel was enough for me though, I'm not looking forward to the webtoon.

10. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
  11. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Nebula25

Nebula25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw the news about the webtoon....honestly surprised!

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  13. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Elisee, Shoo and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a got a re-release of an R19 version.

BLHeadmistress and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  15. Pepefrog

Pepefrog Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She had an affair?

16. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, this spoiler was by me from my previous ID. Can you please elaborate on your query, by 'she' you mean the Female Lead so no, she didn't have an affair.

If you're talking about Alec's second wife Valarie - so she was involved with a theatre guy but that was before her marriage to Alec. She saw him as a hindrance so she finished him and her son off (before the regression that is in the fourth timeline) - after regression - that is the fifth timeline - she had already taken care of her lover, the famous theatre actor but her plans of finishing off her child was unsuccessful because Afrosa saved both him and his aunt.
    The reason for killing her lover was to suppress her scandal and the reason for killing her child (and his aunt) was to stop the Royal Family form finding about her crimes - if it was known that there is an illegitimate child sired by her, she would've been banished from the royal family and her title of Empress would've been taken away from her and there might be additional consequences for freaking the royalty.

17. Pepefrog

Pepefrog Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant the FL,your answer solves doubts I had.

18. Wangjia

Wangjia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading all the page full of spoiler. I couldn't understand the conclusion. what happened in their fifth and last timeline???? Did ML made it to the Throne without f**king anyone?? He married again after FL ?? How FL still end up without him ?? How FL resent ML ??? And the most important one Why's the title is EMPRESS OF ASHES when she never became one ? ????? What happened at the end ?????
    Someone please Spoil :blobsob::blobsob:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  19. lovepanicy

lovepanicy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the title is empress of ashes so that explained it xD
    the whole story is of an empire fell to ashes with their king being a psycho and weak and the whole political revolution here and there. she is an empress of nothing. everything is as good as a pile of ashes. their love story is so flawed and painful it is doubtful if it worth it. At least it only took them 5 regressions to reach a happy end.

babayagu, kakawow, torte1315 and 4 others like this.
  20. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw this post on Twitter “the emperor who couldn't protect and lost his wife, burned the palace and meet his tragic end. the moment he died, he returned from the past & vowed to create a new world to save his wife this time.” And thought it was gonna be a cute/sweet new manhwa but then I googled the Korean title and just utter disappointment to find out it’s this sh*t:blobawkward: anyways, manhwa is out for those of you who want to read it.
    https://m.comic.naver.com/webtoon/list?titleId=802986&no=&seq=

Samsamsam11, Rin.rinaaa and Scapezz like this.