Discussion The Empyrean Overlord Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Parth37955, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wew.... Now maybe we need to enforce that all the translation in this site need to provide/proof their RAW exists....

2. ProxyAccount

ProxyAccount Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What it comes down to is that it only matters if you think that it does... or if a court/government agency thinks that it does.

3. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    That made me laugh really hard, thank you.
    You should also say that about any Asian author who tries to write western fantasy.
    "He's trying too hard to make his setting look like medieval Europe."
    Ahahah. Come on.

4. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the allegation is true, then that's a brilliant scam. Evil and scummy, but brilliant nevertheless. The commission-for-translation brings out the worse in people (not just limited to this alleged case, see elysion, aggregators + other low effort sites).

But now I need to have a serious talk with a certain author about getting his shit hosted already >.>

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Even @Yukkuri Oniisan is kidding it could occur in future, it's natural for some people weird thing (like me:whistle:) so @Tony do something about it

6. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was a mod, being tagged every few minutes on this fucking thread "to do something" (while nothing should be done until getting in touch with concerned translator before making a conclusive decision) would piss me off badly.
    Luckily for me, I'm not a mod.

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    We need to wait the reaction of the translator first tbh
    maybe mods/admin can make "official" request to the translator to present some actual proof of the raw, if he doesn't want to disclose it to public, just send to mods/admins then mods/admins will verify the proof to be actual raw
    if translator still doesn't react even with "official" request , that means he leave the final decision to us (mods/admins of this site) or maybe translator just doesn't care much about this site anyway

but one and foremost this site is only hosting updates from translated novel, if your work doesn't have the proof that it's a translated one then, this is not a place for yours

8. expertsource

expertsource Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what we need to do is this:
    1- realization of it being not translated novel by not seeing raws
    2- measurement.
    A) If it is a shitty novel that has 30-40, 5 star rate percentage, then it is crap enough to delete by the name of the holy non-translation novel rule.
    B) But, if it is a 85-90 percentage 5 star, god-tier novel, then the rule can be soften-flexible, one eye can be closen against the novel cause the people here that says 'so i can do the same thing' can't even imagine these god-tier novels let alone writing it.

I prefer B. Rules are exist for makes things enjoyable-peaceful for humans, if rules are lack, you soften-flex it or add new rules like a and b measurement.
    I don't want this novel to be stopped because of some 'genius' people.

Azusky likes this.
  9. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    They have asked, now waiting for reply.

No one is saying stop the novel. But if its actually original work and not a translation, it doesn't belong on the index. And it should have an [EN] tag on the /r/noveltranslations subreddit.

thymee and Shio like this.
  10. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should have locked this thread way sooner.
    1. Tony has contacted the translator regarding this matter. If they were unable to prove the novel as chinese novel, all entry will be removed from NU.
    2. Regardless the popularity of the novel, there will be no exception to NU rules. NU will only listed translated Asian novel.

Lonelycity, Arcturus and CDLevit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.