LCD The Empyrean Overlord

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by VixenKiss, Mar 9, 2016.

1. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks interesting so far. Seems to have a similar plot to SOTR with the whole, 'greater being descends and takes over a useless/crippled individual' theme.
    Has a romance/harem tag, so I hope it won't disappoint. : )

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite interesting(read 3 chaps). Though the translator should raise their Donation bar, otherwise trouble come.... Good luck New Translator!

3. crazyboy1200

Reading List:
    Link

Since he was a God, he can't be afraid right?

4. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he brought his treasures with him so i'm pretty sure this story will be about MC playing around and giving "geniuses" a beatdown for fun.

also, i think his cultivation level already surpassed his clan patriarch's looking at how many BOOMs there are in chapter 4

5. crazyboy1200

Reading List:
    Link
    Up to Chapter 11 here, and it is so god damn awesome! That cliff is killing me!!!

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here XP

7. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series has advanced toward big 20 in my list...
    I have a big expectation in this one..

8. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11, and cliff kun has struck again! TT__TT

9. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12 and your neck still hanging.

10. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like it when the MC just slaughters everyone and acts like nothing happened xD

11. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    Loving this novel so far.
    Curious to see where he'll go adventuring, and whether he'll take his maid with him. She's giving off a harem candidate vibe, so idk.

12. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the latest chapter where the MC gave every family in the city one year's worth of money, there was only one thing left in my mind that made me forget everything else.

Inflation!!! Lol.

As someone who's taken economics as a minor, I can't help but think that. If xianxia followed the rules of economics then that city would soon get wrecked cos of price rises caused by inflation.

13. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    Why
    why? I mean I kind of get it... Print money and prices rise, its the same thing, but how is it wrecked pronto if its just one city? Can tou explain cause I do not study economics and though about inflation too, but do not know the process of the deterioratio. If no plot armor.

14. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Even in real life, prices differ from city to city don't they, even though we have good transportation methods? Heck, even if you go from one corner of the city to the other you could find minor price differences for certain goods.

Inflation can take place even in a city, if the wealth of the people is high, cos merchants tweak their prices depending on how much money the citizens have. Unless the authorities pass laws to keep uniform prices in various locations ofc. But I seriously doubt a place where the top dogs can get killed when someone becomes strong frame proper rules.

And the influence of the top dogs in this city is limited to the city, so they won't really be able to enforce rules on merchants who trade between cities.

Me saying that the city would get wrecked...was an exaggeration. But they will face problems. It's like giving a lottery to every person in your city. With that much money, the demand for goods will increase.

Demand increases, merchants will increase prices. As a result, there will be plenty of people who'll think it's better to buy the goods in bulk ASAP before prices increase. Also for security, cos you never know when there would be a shortage later. Youd be able to buy a LOT, if you had 1yr income in your hands. As a result, the people who did not hoard will suffer a lack of the goods. The merchants can capitalise on this by providing the goods at higher prices.

If the goods aren't essential, it wouldn't be a problem. But people tend to hoard stuff like foodgrains. The people who are lacking will have no choice but to buy it.

Easier way to understand.
    100 people having equal income live in a town. Total population is also 100. The supply of food is such that each person can buy 2 days worth of food. Their income just supports that much. But now, they get lot if money.

10 assholes decide to buy 10 days of food each. So they are each buying the share of 4 people, total share of 40 people. So 40 people suffer shortage, though they have cash. Or more, if some were able to buy one day share.

Once the merchants learn about this, they won't increase the supply if they are smart. They'll supply at the same rate, or maybe a little less. The prices will be much higher, cos they know people have cash and need the stuff.

The first 10 aasholes may not buy again, unless they plan on reselling it at a higher price. But the people who need to buy it will end up doing the same thing what those assholes did, cos they fear that someone else may do the same thing, so decide that they might as well do it themselves. Shortage continues for some people. Cycle repeats. Will continue till all the excess income gets drained completely.

The above explanation is too simplified and flawed. Doesn't take into account some factors. Plus supplies won't really be supplied every 2 days. Should be longer. But you get the general picture right?

Shance likes this.
  15. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as you said this can grow much more detailed, but I get it. Thanks for the explanation!

16. Azusky

Azusky Gazing At Moonlight | 50 Shades of Blue

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what i thought as well, but then i realized 2 things
    - It's a different world, with different laws.
    Not that inflation isnt possible there, but we cant take think of what would happen here in our world as the truth.
    - It's a Xianxia, no need to expect economical knowledge =p

17. Pluriscient

Pluriscient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE LAWS OF MONEY ARE UNIVERSAL

Just really wanted to say that

18. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    MC was a little too generous in my opinion...
    The pacing for this novel must be pretty fast, as I think someone stated it's only ~50 chapters.
    Still waiting to meet the rest of the harem members though. :/

19. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 50? That... Seems unlikely.

20. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the recent chapter. Looks like my thoughts about the city getting wrecked were correct lol. Did not think that the author deliberately did that and was sure it would end up as a plot hole.

Take that @Azusky !!! :p