Spoiler The Evil Lady Will Change (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Aug 16, 2019.

1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s entertainment. Also, I kinda like how instead of looking for vengeance MC just helps out, ignores the haters, and does her job. Then is like peace out I’m leaving. I kinda like how she and the hubby are like we will respect each other. Some Chinese manhua and novels are a bit too dramatic. This story in my eyes is a tad more chill.

2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    What I like about this MC (and meh whatever to some people) is that is she isn't being preachy or moralizing. From my read so far, she understands that her little sister doesn't get her view and she's fine with it. If little sister fails, well, hope she understands why (which I doubt because this is a webtoon and drama....)and doesn't keep her head in the clouds. I know by experience that elder siblings would often bully younger siblings into their POV which totally suck. I never liked pushy siblings (looking at certain yandere sister in one of the novels) in fiction or real life. But that sister better not be the one crying with a begging bowl in her hands. Leaning to own up and realizing one's fault is part of growing up. You make your bed, lie down with it, And no, I don't care how kind, oblivious and whatever positive traits you might have. Not the issue and will never be the issue.

3. Kuran

Kuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the story so far, what I don't like the most is how the little sister protested on the idea of attending the MC's wedding. She was so afraid that when the ML saw her, he'll bring up the matter of bride exchange.

First, why couldn't the parents attend? If she didn't want to, then so be it. But why not the parents? Of course, in this case, her parents are also not good. Second, the reason is so ridiculous. She was so sure of what she said. Like, she was so sure that when someone saw her, they'll like her more than her older sister, that it's a matter of fact that people (would) love her more than the MC. Indirectly, she clearly said that she's better than her sister.

A spoiled child. My evaluation on her just went down a few notch.

4. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand a jealous sister but a narcissistic one as well? Oh dear, looks like the little sister isn't so sweet and positive after all. I mean I do not know whether i should applaud her for confidence that she cannot recognized shame if it's thrown at her face.

And some defend this type of attitude.

If I were the MC, I would have dodged a bullet over this so-called 'family'. If they would be kind to forget me and don't magically remind me of filial obligations as they did to me, well, I am more than ready to cut loose those kind of people.

5. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
  6. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jamilove20 likes this.
  7. Akiyuki_chan

Akiyuki_chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much plot of 'sister who is white lotus' in CStories. I still don't understand the attitude of siblings who destroy each other. I mean, sure, envy and jealousy is not something impossible to appear between siblings, mostly because society or even their own families somehow always find ways to compare them to each other. I have a little brother. Tbh there are times when I envied him, and I'm sure he also the same. We fight sometimes because our opinion differs and we're both stone-headed, but that's it. We've never ever wanted anything bad happen to each other, and we'd help each other whenever needed. If there are people who badmouthed my lil bro, I would beat the crap outta them. Same goes to him; he always protected me when I'm being stalked by my ex. I guess it's back to how each parents brought up their children. Role of the parents are really important.

Lol. Forgive my ramblings. But I think I'm gonna drop this story because I hate the lil sis. She's gonna try to destroy her sister's happiness. Or 'accidentally' make problems with her, any kinds similar to that plot. ┐(´∀`)┌

8. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Till what I have read, the younger sister deserves to go to hell and the MC... She will suffer the consequences of her 'inaction'.

You have got to fight for your rights, fight to be recognised, fight to be heard and fight to win.

Her laying-low, taking all shit upon herself, ignoring the rumours etc has done nothing but hurt herself. And how will she proceed in life? Now that there is a husband, will she rely on him to clear up shitty rumours about herself? Why can't she go and do that?

Why is it, that to be a 'good', 'kind' and 'clever' heroine, authors portray girls as fucking messiahs who do all good/ charitable/ intelligent actions but tolerate being insulted and humiliated in public?

Plus, her personality is not consistent with her traits. On one hand, she is a super strong fighter, on the other, she has a inherent passive personality. On one hand, she is the one who takes care of the family estates and business, but at the same time 'suffers' silently through vitriol. Moreover, with such a character bashing, how is she even able to do business? Unless the ones who do business with her, the upper echelon of the society know about how good blah blah blah blah she is. But if they do know about her truth, then the rumours should not have spread so far and so crazily.

In the end, who is she? What does she want out of life?

And what the fuck is it with the 'don't fall in love' shit? Such lines are drawn when someone is in a 'temporary' marriage. But MC and ML are going to remain married forever and ever. So why the heck did this topic even come up? I was so blindsided that the guy who was low-key flirting with MC, who he had met legit few hours ago, is suddenly speaking about love?!!!

Atleast in Lucia, the ML was a womaniser. So him saying 'don't fall in love' is ok coz he doesn't want to deal with a jealous/ possessive/ crazy wife.

But what about this ML?

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS STORY?

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really impressed that you're dissecting and analyzing this novel like its shakespeare or ivanhoe.

Just turn off your brain when your read stuff like this. Its akin to a soap opers

10. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I know there are a minority of sibling relationships like this but the number of these you seen in every CN, and KR novels make it seem like every sibling relationship is toxic and there out to get one another.

11. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we blame the parents in this novel case?

broisha, Mystical giggles and Venice1 like this.
  12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, no kid is born bad. But they have the chance to try better when they reach a certain age.

13. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I love how they illustrated the MC's relationship with her little sister because that is exactly how that kind of dynamic typically goes. Speaking as someone who's "the responsible older brother" of his household that's exactly how my dynamic with my brother worked. My little brother was rash, emotional, well-meaning with his own way of doing things but also lacked the ability to view things in the bigger picture. Oftentimes when he'd throw a tantrum or complain about doing something enough my parents would give up and make me pick up his slack- and I really saw that with what's happened so far.

I also like how her family isn't a total waste dump. The whole arranged marriage felt more like a necessity and the fact that they couldn't just reject it from a man so powerful- I mean her parents even ask to come with her and her sister clearly loves her enough to get angry at the people badmouthing her.

14. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    We can....
    I dunno why you mentioned rights here....when it was clearly made in China and as such, it would carry the cultural norms of writing there. Since this is CN so expect the tropy Chinese tropes. Heck even some Asian tropes. Compared to other CNs it was at least the potential not to be a bore.

Scratch any Asian and you will a lot of people are passive or forced to be passive because of social things especially family. I know looking this in a Western lens and you’re thinking this was. Ames’s but for me, this is just typical Asian material.

kaedeyuuki and cmonson like this.
  15. KalyZont

KalyZont Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "Conqueror of Atlantis, post: 5176797, member: 12169"] ¿Hay alguna novela para esto? [/ CITA]

Me pregunto si tiene una novela, si sabes, ¿podrías decirme?

16. numza

numza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    english translate really slow

please tell me what happen in this novel

17. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People sure like overthink. Who knows what author do to their characters future? Better read until end instead of trying to predict future :blobexpressionless:

kaedeyuuki and Calypso Noir like this.
  18. Danxxiii

Danxxiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So from what I’ve read the MC husband’s family have power which are passed to the wife. But the ML didn’t wanna involve the MC in those problem so he didn’t give them to her at first. That is until her life was in danger. The enemy tried to kill The MC while ML wasn’t there. On the other hand Her sister had a terrible charitable event and people began to change their opinions of her. They start to notice how since the older sister left things are chaotic there. So it’s split between people who adore the little sister and people who are questioning her abilities. One day the younger sister meets her best friend who used to be on the younger sisters side and the younger sister was gifted an expensive present from a suitor. I don’t remember who it was but she is like “oh these present is too expense. I need to think of my people”
    Which pisses the friend off cause she still accepted the present and even though she is complaining she likes it.
    Then the friend mentions the charitable parties that she needs to host which the main character says “my passions are politics and sword I don’t like does social events. Anyone can go those”
    Friend “yes anyone can but it’s your responsibility to attend them.”
    But she doesn’t wanna hear it and the friend becomes pissed and says she’ll hang out with these woman at the party. And the younger sister is like “what that women is so vain. Dresses very extravagantly”
    Which the friend responds with “she is a very nice lady. You shouldn’t judge people by how they look”

19. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that from the locked chapter?

Since the chapters only free until 26 and I didn't understand chinese, can someone please explain to me why the duke told her he can't give her love but from what I see in the story he keep lowkey flirting with her?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  20. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rawdevert has raw chapters up to 56 and the constantly update.