Question The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich - When does it get better?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by scribbledoutname, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series has a lot of good reviews but it's been a struggle to just get to Chapter 10. Does the plot get (and STAY) serious anytime soon?

People keep saying it's hilarious but I don't find any of the jokes funny. The MC's backstory is interesting but so far it plays such a small part that it's not worth wading through all of the MC's unfunny thoughts / antics (like doing things that piss people off and pretending to be shocked that they're annoyed with him, even if we know he's got to do it for the points). I'm sure there must be a reason why the story has such good ratings, but so far I can't see it. Unless I'm going to get a visit from Qidian soon and be forced to change my rating to 5* because Qidian's employees have a gun pressed against my head.

Maybe it's just not for me? Or is there a big change to the story coming soon? The title of Chapter 11 sounds promising but I'm afraid of getting my hopes up. I really want to like this because High Fantasy + Game Elements is right up my alley, but I can't say this series is doing anything for me yet :blobsad:

2. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I stopped reading it ever since it went up on QI. But it definitely does. All the dryness sand confusion you nay have at the beginning gets explained later on. It took me like 5 attempts to bash through chapter 1 but I was glad for it.

The second read through was far more enjoyable as I understood where everything was coming from

scribbledoutname likes this.
  3. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't like the comedy then it's not for you.

The reason you see good ratings is because people like what you dislike, simple as that.

scribbledoutname and Diukes like this.
  4. Mai

Mai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot really starts at Chapter 25 (end of the first arc/start of the second).

5. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    well its 50% comedy 50% action , but it definitely has the better solid world building, plot and character development than your average CN novel out there. just take the story for the granted dont think to much even though sometimes the comedy seems like it feels like only a filler but later you will find that they have solid reason for those act

Shance and scribbledoutname like this.
  6. Sablecaballero

Sablecaballero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the beginning is mostly jokes and Roland's antics. Once the real "story" begins it improves a lot (though if you don't enjoy the humour maybe this novel is not for you)

I'll say the plot starts around chapter 20-30

7. sapassde

sapassde [Big Rock] [Double Clown]

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as I read it doesn’t get any better, the comedy is bad the power ups comes out of nowhere and the logic of a lot of characters is just bad

8. ballster147

ballster147 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its just a start you already said it "There's a big story coming soon" so hang in there its not that funny to me too but there's the joke plot to read and a little dramatic back story to learn although the novel likes to info dump (Lot of insert explanation happening) so its kinda boring for me but all in all its not that good but still worth reading.

9. dragonNEET2526

dragonNEET2526 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same for me when I started reading but it will be good from 11 as you can see from the title. At first I thought it's a flashback but it's different. Hope you can read a few more then you will find it interesting.

10. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks guys :) I'll give it another shot just to be sure. I'll keep going to about Chapter 30 and see if I'm hooked yet, who knows, hopefully it sucks me in ^^