LCD The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Prometheus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haaa. I was trying to imagine how it would feel like to see people you admire appear as undeads. Then I thought, if Einstein were to show up again, then undead or not, I'd ask for his autograph anyway. And that scene of one of the undeads finding a descendant was so fluffy. Doesn't it make you wonder how cool it'd be if your great-great-great ancestor whose exploits you've read in history books showed up before you? *__* Good chapters, good chapters.

Darsos is... at this point, it's really hard to stay mad at him. You see? One mustn't just senselessly kill off everybody one hates. There are much better ways to deal revenge. Like turning one's uncle into a girl and hooking one up with him. *nodnod* Congratulations Roland on outdoing 'history'.

2. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link

Now Roland needs to keep Darsos as long alive as possible.
    So Darsos can become real good friends with his new "waifu" and a short while before Darsos dies on his deathbed Roland will appear as God of law before him and confess his sins *wink wink*

Also why do I get all the time manly tears with this novel ...

3. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit rosemary and darsos... I wanna gag D;

4. Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Professor Charles Francis Xavier Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember kids.
    "It's not gay if the balls don't touch." Well in this case, it's not gay if he doesn't find out.

Mizura likes this.
  5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ELCL. The series that's rated R for all the wrong reasons. xD

Ingenuity likes this.
  6. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Say, I translated a much later chapter because I enjoy it so much. It's a chapter that mostly explains the differences between Roland and Karwenz and why they walked completely opposite paths, so it doesn't spoil future events Too much.

What do people usually do when there's a separately translated later chapter floating around? Do they send it to the current translator to see if they want it? Do they just upload it somewhere separate? Do they just keep it to themselves? I mean, it's a much later chapter, it'll be years before the translations catch up.

7. GenericName

Reading List:
    Link
    NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!
    CCCCCCCHHHHHHHAAAPPPPPPPPTTTTEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR !!!!

8. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nation-building chapters! :D

Chapters like these are the reason why I find ELCL to be among the better nation-building chapters: it actually explores the difficulties in a non-trivial matter: lack of money, food, mounts and of a mature mass-production chain. At the same time, it also explores issues that are native to that world, and not something that can be deduced by just drawing a parallel to the real world: those huge military hounds? Sorry, they're extinct because people ate them during times of famine. o,o But you can get ******* over there to seduce some wolves as replacement. Undeads wanting to teach Holy knights? .... right.

(for your information, no Roland doesn't resolve all these issues trivially, in fact some issues remain even at the end of the series)

I'm also thoroughly amused by the historical distortions that are, ironically, rather realistic (our own history certainly has its share of misinterpretations and embellishments xP ).

Prometheus and GenericName like this.
  9. GenericName

Reading List:
    Link
    This is also what I like about this story, it has a thicker plot which is not only action driven and also can make you cry cause it is just to funny but also cause it is sometimes to sad.

10. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    > The longer an alchemist lived, the more fearsome he became. With sufficient time, there were no dangerous experiments that one couldn’t do, no out-of-the-box ideas that one couldn’t try, and no poison that one couldn’t concoct.
    So it's canon: the more powerful an alchemist you are, the more explosions you cause. xD

> Of course, it wasn’t due to my unique interests of wanting to see an Undead fashion show or a zombie rabbit lady.
    Sure he isn't. For some reason, I now imagine him back when he was a Lich, but wearing a Hawaiian T-shirt.

Who else found it amusing that Olivia had discovered the principles for a portable magic engine 'by accident'? She wanted to make a fridge and revolutionized magical machinery instead. xD It really does make one think of how Penicillin and other discoveries were made by accident. That said, why'd they reject "Olivia’s Vibrating Egg"? Such a classy name. They've got no taste. Hmph hmph.

Whenever the story mentions Xiluo, it reminds me of Roland comparing a magic user casting spells above his level to a newbie who falls from his horse and gets dragged along by it: Xiluo is a good example of a runaway horse when he was starting out (that 'aw shit' moment when he realized his army was about to destroy the world xD ), and he had to lead it to a cliff to avoid it rampaging too badly. Right now, Xiluo, this horse, has multiple parties attempting to control it. I do find this quite interesting, especially in this kind of setting, since in fantasy, a side tends to be a pretty well-homogeneous top-down unit. The matter of internal schism tends to be more the domain of military/strategy series. With all that said... Omar. Ack, you'll find out later. @_@

The new class at the end of this chapter is one of the 'seeds' he spreads. :D

All that said... there certainly was a lot of stuff in this chapter. @_@

11. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm honestly curious as to what new beast races that Beifeng will create.
    It would honestly be frightening if he ever manages to become a god, I pity his enemies.

12. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    quoting Roland

At this point, I couldn’t help falling into contemplation.

“If he were to continue rising up the ranks like that, given how the Jurisdiction of Wild Beasts and the position of Beast God is still empty, if he were to really step into the realm of SemiGod, there might be nothing to stop him in the most difficult step in ascending to Godhood…. That’s too terrifying!”

I can’t help but picture what would happen if Beifeng Herault were to really become the Beast God. I feared that the world wouldn’t fare well then.

~~shivers~~

13. kaisis

kaisis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers on what happened to Roland's romance please. As for Beifeng's... ah pui, I want to sleep without nightmares.

14. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    roland naming sense is great as ever, he could totally become a god with that

15. NoxDobber

NoxDobber 『Resident Dark God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil me please.

16. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    ask him in a conversation, why not

17. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Instant switch face witch is here ~

18. no168_92

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me, how long will the nation building arc continue for? until 140? 150?

19. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking because you hope to skip it? Well... the nation-building is, strictly-speaking, an ongoing process, though it's true that it's particularly long right now. Well, a war is coming up ahead, and after that is another nation-building sequence, and then Roland leaves to get other things done. Does that answer your question somehow?

20. no168_92

Reading List:
    Link
    can you tell me which chap will the war start? not really skipping, maybe considering to stockpile chapters depending on the length...