LCD The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Prometheus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like his solution for income. Creating and selling the magic technology they are currently developing. Wondering if they can obfuscate it enough for a monopoly or if they end up having to sell the drawings as well since it is too easy to manufacture in the other country.

2. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... it seems to start at the end of chapter 146? The war itself will take a lot of chapters, if that's what you're looking forward too. It's one of those: "When one party starts, a whole bunch of other opportunitists jump in at the same time" situations.

@Sosseres : hahah, Roland wants the technology to spread. After all, he needs All of humanity to power up. That doesn't mean he can't let Mist eat a big slice of the pie first though. He's not in a hurry: the Sacred Wars aren't something that occur in just a couple of years, they're supposed to occur over a quite long period of time.

no168_92 likes this.
  3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    CH137
    Beifeng quest for making new multiple race will start here

4. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh good. The newest member is a serial killer

5. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    138: PvZ... ops, ZvP.. LOL

any chance we can get a lawsuit in? :p

qwertzuiop and rnailo like this.
  6. rnailo

rnailo Titel ?oh title, I haz none!

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to flip my table when I started reading the chap .. at first I though I had the wrong novel .. driving meh nuts these ... I dont know what else to call them but stupid antics that might even be fillers.

no168_92 likes this.
  7. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's... not a filler actually.
    Amelia deploys her newfound 'tactics' later against the Undead invasions.
    Anyway, what I find interesting about this chapter is that -Amelia- is the one who came up with all these marketing tactics. In transmigrant stories, it's usually the MC who'd come up with these. It shows that the 'locals' have their fair share of cunning.

Also, it may seem silly, but this is one of Roland's ways to reduce discrimination against Undead. It may sound stupid, but think about it... with the way modern media has been portraying say... dragons, now everybody wants one as a pet. :\

That's one of the scary parts of ELCL. A lot of things seem so absurd, including in regards to governance, but then you pause and think a bit about it, and you realize the author must have been inspired by the real world.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  8. rnailo

Reading List:
    Link
    True .. these kind of things in this novel are never really fillers .. We can be certain that all the wonky stuff Roland does will add up to some crazy master plan in the future. It's just that going from WHOOPS getting caught red handed with amelia in gentleman alliance house going straight to Zombies versus Plants facebook game is just a jump too sudden for me ...

NVM forgot there was a chapter before that .. about the hybrid kingdom .. still that shift of perspective .. I know it was on purpose but still gets me everytime

9. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, some chapters Are pure filler, for example that chapter with Roland bringing in all sorts of sports. Though, those tend to be so funny that I really don't give a damn. xD However, in this case, it does lead to something more. In fact, new military formations in general will be a big thing in the upcoming war.

Regarding the game, actually, ELCL is not the CN I saw which made use of it. The game is super popular in China, so it's also a nod to readers.

In other words, let us take a minute to appreciate the most transcendental name that is Gagalol. lol.

rnailo likes this.
  10. rnailo

Reading List:
    Link
    So that plants and zombies is named Gagalol?

11. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Gagalol is the head of the Sharal Autonomous Region. xD He's a surprising character. He's one of those ELCL characters who seem quite silly at first, until you get their true way of thinking muuuuch later and realize that there is much more to him.

12. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    This author... PVZ? Seriously?

13. no168_92

Reading List:
    Link
    any news on update? i remember the tl'er asking to be harassed the other day to push/rush him :p (I'd tag him here if I know he has a NU account)

btw, when will his 'girlfriend' (eliza? i think) reappear in the main story? what chap?

i tried searching for any other translated work by this particular author (mad squirrel) but cant seem to find any... no other work or not translated? his comedy is good i mean...

this novel need more loving, whats more, the story is completed, only need to be completely translated...

14. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows? Maybe he got a Nintendo Switch and disappeared into the black hole known as Zelda. God knows I'm tempted, and I haven't had a new console in over a decade.

Could also be one of those awesome PS4 games out at the moment.

15. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He has a sequel, it was started at the end of last year and only one chapter is translated.
    I read a bit of it and it is kinda highly based on the prequel (Well, it is still readable even if you don't read the prequel, but you won't get some jokes that way)
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-crazy-knights-age-of-the-universe/
    Eliza is gonna appear soon. Like very very soon.

GenericName likes this.
  16. no168_92

Reading List:
    Link
    140: fairy tales parodies... and don't forget that terra formars reference...

17. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the sequel full of spoilers for TELOTCL?

18. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main problem is that it spoils two major things:
    - The ending of ELCL
    - The end pairing

It actually doesn't spoil much of the details of ELCL, but the two above are already quite major.

Lithit likes this.
  19. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, conquering Hell/the demon world takes some time.
    I guess when she reappears she will be a semi god / god.
    With a huge husband complex, R.I.P Momo, lastly all the little boys of the world are safe again.

Is that some skeleton/mecha thing wearing a strangely coloured striped top hat ??? o_O
    On the sequel cover.

[​IMG]
    Here a bit better resolution image of it.

Also the sequel already has 92 chapters out :LOL:.

Also ...
    Goblin Self-destruct Study....
    Dwarf Suicide Study .....

Oh my Wumianzhe ....

Also according to 140, 141 will be summarized in :" Just as planned"

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the latest two chapters. Bahahah, it'd have been hilarious if to conform to diplomatic politeness rules, Sharal Did dig up its ancestors and attempted to have them greet Roland. Necromancy perhaps? Double the hilarity if Roland takes control of the corpses. Roland's devious take-over plan via using the authority of Sharal's ancestors: just as planned!

Kindness Faction Garden Art Academy
    > that doesn't sound fishy at all, nope. D:
    *then sees description of 'Diffindor Life Medical School'* -> *winces*
    *then sees the description of Beast Tamer Technical Academy* -> *double wince*
    Roland's underlings are so resourceful. They even used multi-level marketing for recruiting students. xD

... the prince in Cinderella is a podophile who couldn't remember Cinderella's face. That explains a lot of things..

> He directly said what he wanted. Sometimes, he would lower his head shyly in contemplation, like an amateur who had just begun his job.
    > When failing to get rid of you, one has to be careful of your vengeance and thus, no one was willing to provoke you.

Yeah okay, I would definitely not want to mess with a guy like that. D: