The fate of Qidian novels on Volarenovels, Gravitytales, Radiant

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by HunterYHunter, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeattleSounders

SeattleSounders Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @etvolare
    Is volarenovels dropping the qidian novels because of the infringement?

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignorance is bliss
    Naivety is weed

kkchaitu and Ai chan like this.
  3. revenantone

revenantone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heres my question, when Qidian was running around here on here spreading propeganda to make wuxiaworld " look bad" where were the mods? spreading propaganda on this forum is suppose to be agianst the rules and qidian has done this multiple times honestly each translator/editor/employee of qidian who comes on here is spreading even more propeganda becuase they arent honest and cant be honest due to thier contracts with qidian. my biggest question is why are the mods silent about qidian and allow them to continue harrassing these forums and taking up everyones time

4. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    It's funny how people always make posts that can cause a fandom war and then there's me .. just earning nuffies. \o/
    @Heyu

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    The next step on your black market profits business is to evolve and be the one spreading fandom war to have more benefits..

6. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    *coughs*
    Don't give me ideas.
    *coughs*

7. GregLuck

GregLuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new to these qidian and CN (mostly read japan novel), so what is the problem with qidian making contract with their translator? Anyone care to explain?

8. Aurega

Aurega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this mythical creature you're talking about? I thought we proved again and again that girls dont exist on the internet. :p

9. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren trying to negociate with korean publishers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    best joke ever xD
    You have 99.999999% of chance (exagerated but no) to not succeed unless you are a big corporate and ready to pay a big sum of money because first of all, korean publishers (not the authors but the publishers) don't give a fuck about who you are and what you want.

Q: I'd like to translate this cuz blablabla,etc
    A: No. Copyright infrigement, we'll sue you. And we're already looking with American partners about english release (this is something pretty much all publishers said)

Q: I'd like to buy the copyright
    A: blablabla and because blablabla it would be 50k$ for the copyright fee, blablabla slave contract blablabla

And most of time, even if you send them message or replies, you'll never get answers (or answers to your reply to their message) from them!
    Anybody who tried talking with them should have kept bad memories only.
    And the worst would be: raising their awareness. Making them even more aggressive...

10. NightinWolf

NightinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the Qidian way or even worse?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe not worse but then it would become harder for everyone for sure

12. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn thats what I'm predicting too :( everything happens for money and buisness :/

13. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    When asking for permission to translate and publish view a non response as an okay to do whatever you want right?

14. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    That might've be the case in the past, but it's not really anymore now.

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta love how all these new users appear after the Qidian-WW war started. And they're all talking about Qidian stuff.

16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    They did lock the threads that was deemed as propaganda though, and banning the official qidian account wouldn't really help, it is better to get false statements that can be openly disputed from an account that is verified to be from qidian rather than people going around just assuming that all the "suspected" qidian accounts actually represent the company when there is no way to know if they really are from qidian or not.
    As for the threads left open, those are mostly announcements rather than propaganda, you can stretch it to call it advertisement, but as far as I know the forum rules doesn't really say anything about the advertisement of translations other than not to advertise discord channels.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Aiiee likes this.
  17. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no need to go crazy about it either. This WW/QI situation affect every CN readers whether they are old or new members. Do you have any idea how many people visit NU, how many new members a day NU gets?

18. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, but when you get several threads talking about pretty much the same things every few days, you get pissed off. There are a lot of things to talk about. Qidian taking back all their novels isn't the end of the world, in fact, people should've expected it. I certainly warned everyone about this, which nobody listened and instead flamed me for it. I have made it clear that Qidian is only using NU for free advertisement too, but did anyone listen? No, instead I got flamed so hard it felt like I was standing in an erupting volcano.

They could've done something back then, but they didn't. So there's really no point in talking about it now. After the deed was done.

Now that it has happened, people should just shut up or do something about it instead of making new threads every few days. Novelupdates is not their battlefield. For WW announcements, just discuss it in wuxiaworld forum. For Qidian, just talk about it in Qidian. Novelupdates has nothing to do with either.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Nimroth, EienMugetsuTensho and arceus like this.
  19. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its fine they talk about it if they want to. novelupdates forums is a place to talk about novels it just so happens Qidian is a publisher of novels so I can see the reasoning for people still trying to talk about it here.

Its their decision even if they were and some are still obstinate about Qidian before. they just have to be polite about the discussion and avoid breaking forum rules. No need to get snobbish on your high horse with your posts about being the first or one of the first anti Qidian person.

20. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Snobbish? No, more like annoyed because we keep getting these kinds of threads that are pretty much carbon copies of each other. But I'll leave it here, because I've already stated my POV three times in this thread and that's more than what I usually say in a Qidian thread.

For the record, I'm not against Qidian. I personally believe they as the copyright holder have the right to do whatever the hell they want with their novels. What I'm against are people who kept bringing up Qidian and how "Oh, this will change everything! Where will I read my novels now" nonsense.

Kiki0246, Alhana and Sky Farrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.