Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when I say bury, the kid's head is still above ground, so basically MC treated him like planting and watering a vegetable. I don't think he was buried for long, but given how resourceful MC is, burying a 2-year-old as a prank is easily doable. And yes, he is.

MC is hilarious, this novel wouldn't be what it is without his personality haha~

Well, MC fell for ML before he realized that ML liked him first. He felt really guilty after he found out though, and seriously regretted a lot of his past actions.

Nope, MC never had the desire to make his own clan. Jiang Cheng's dad adopted him, and he's actually Jiang Cheng's elder martial brother (the eldest out of all the disciples when Jiang Cheng's dad was still head of the clan). He eventually ended up getting kicked out of the Jiang clan, and he was never part of another clan again.

Jiang Cheng's mother hated MC, and given how vocal she was about that hate and how she tried to separate MC and Jiang Cheng, the fact that they still grew up close as brothers does say a lot about how important MC was to Jiang Cheng. It's always the betrayal (or perceived betrayal) of those closest to you that hurt the most.

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    awwwwww <3 *melts*
    Brothers turning into (fre)enemies who still have feelings its one of my favorite tropes <3

his mom propably thought him an illigitame child of the dad....
    of course he fell for the ml !!! ...he is adorable <3 ...how did the ML react when he foun out what the Mc did for his brother?
    Also why did the Ml leave a severly injured mc to run back to his clan and recieve punishment? (since you said he learnt of the mc's death after 3 years...or did the mc run off for fear he would bring more trouble to the ML?)

Fiorisi and lazynoodles like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And now the kid doesn't remember what MC did to him back then?

nakama likes this.
  4. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that was definitely one of the rumors, but it's also partly b/c Jiang Cheng's dad treated MC a lot more leniently and tolerated MC's outrageous acts with kindness, so it came off as him loving MC more than his own son.

ML was definitely inwardly shocked, and it's also when he started to hate hearing MC say 'thank you' to him.

ML did spend 3 days straight healing MC, so MC was mostly ok by the time ML dropped him off near Luan Zang Gang (MC's homebase and where he died) and returned to his clan to receive punishment. Wandering alone back home is where MC's memory starts again.

ML was immediately punished after he got back and didn't leave his clan at all during his recuperation. He never saw MC again until MC's rebirth.

The fight that caused this left all the clans in a pretty terrible state, so they took 3 years to heal and regather their forces, then attacked MC's base. ML was only informed and let out after MC had already died. The timing was obviously on purpose, since his clan (one of the 4 major clans that led the attack) knew about ML's feelings towards MC.

When the clans attacked MC's base, everyone living with MC was killed, and the kid only survived b/c he was small and hidden away. He had a really high fever by the time ML rushed over and found him, and lost all of his memories from before ML took him in

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :confused:Now I'm so tempted to read the whole novel:(

6. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    awww *cries* his clan really did punish him T_T
    Did his people know he was missing the mc and mourning him when he died?....after the mc's identity was known did any of the senior members try to tell him something about it (we know they were dissapointed... did they tell him something like, how he put his clan in danger of being attacked/ doesnt respect them ect)
    btw if everyone on his base were killed how did that undead warrior and his sister survived?
    Also how did people recognised the mc?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely worth the read! It's so good, I'm still dying over this novel and seriously tempted to schedule a reread (despite not really having the time rip)

I'm pretty sure ML's brother knew he was mourning, but after MC's identity was exposed, there weren't any scenes like what you asked that we see. Well, ML did get dragged off by his uncle to "have a serious talk with" quite a few times, so there's that, but the specific contents aren't shown.

They had both died long before the attack happened. Or at least in Wen Ning's case, that's what everyone believed, including MC. If Wen Ning was still by MC's side at the time of the attack, MC probably would have survived. His sister is definitely gone though.

Fiorisi, Amaunett, xBubblex and 8 others like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Was his uncle the one who taught them when they were younger?
    I really want to read it, but the MTL and all the names are so confusing

Misaki Yata likes this.
  9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you might have added this while I was already replying so I missed seeing it earlier.
    MC and ML had stormed the mastermind's secret room in hopes of catching him red-handed, but instead got the tables turned on them. People surrounded and prepared to attack them, so to protect himself, MC grabbed his sword (which was kept in that secret room) and pulled it out. At that time, MC didn't know that his sword had sealed itself, but the other people did, so that became concrete proof of MC's identity.

Yes, ML's uncle is a famous teacher, and every year, many disciples from other clans would go over to ML's clan to learn from his uncle.

That's really unfortunate, though given how difficult this is to translate (imo anyways), I'm not too surprised. This novel uses a lot of idioms, both standard and original, as well as specialized terms that you wouldn't find in a dictionary. But if you ever have questions about names or who's who, please feel free to ask. I can't say I have all of them memorized myself, but I do know the major ones off the top of my head.

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. Btw, Is his sword conscious?

11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I know of? It definitely has some degree of spirituality, but it was never explained why it sealed itself, and MC was also surprised when he learned of this fact.

Fiorisi, xBubblex, Blood A and 5 others like this.
  12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all those spoilers!!!! <3<3<3

That must have been a fright :D ..Now JC can finally kill him all he wants lol ....the identity he uses is one of JC's clan member right? ....an illigitame son of the former clan head or something right?
    did anyone asked him how he came back since they did all those things to prevent it?

btw did the lan kid the ml adopted that forgot his memories did he came to remember in the end?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    xBubblex, Misaki Yata and kiara8 like this.
  13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the first time Jiang Cheng truly went after MC's life was when he led the first alliance to attack MC's base, which led to MC's death. MC was "kicked out" of the Jiang clan years before that though.

Honestly, I think MC still considers himself part of the Jiang clan somewhere in his heart. He even says that if he could return to the time before everything went to shit, he would. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your words since "identity he uses" has a connotation that MC was faking it, but MC was genuinely happy being part of the Jiang clan, even if he eventually gave that up. MC's attitude towards Jiang Cheng (and the clan in extension) has remained the same up until the end of the novel.

There were rumors about MC being an illegitimate son only b/c of how nice Jiang Cheng's dad was to him, but obviously those rumors weren't true. MC's dad was a loyal servant of Jiang Cheng's dad, and after Jiang Cheng's dad found out MC's parents had died (they had left on a journey after getting married iirc), he searched far and wide, finally finding MC and adopting him. If things had worked out, MC's relationship with Jiang Cheng would have mirrored that of their dads'.

I avoided spoiling this earlier, but this is Jiang Cheng's biggest issue with MC. MC had promised him that in the future, MC would be his loyal subordinate, always supporting him, never to betray him or the Jiang clan. Although MC didn't do anything to betray the clan, MC's various action did lead to the breaking of this promise, and that to Jiang Cheng, is a huge betrayal.

MC and Jiang Cheng's relationship is one of those things that was subtle enough that only until the end, did you truly understand just how complex and heartbreaking it was. I have a lot of to say about these two, so sorry for this being so long (and possibly spoiling you way more than you wanted to be orz)

How MC came back to life was revealed right after his identity was exposed. The mastermind knew so he told everyone.

He never remembered, but it was hinted that in the future, he'll be told.

Fiorisi, Amaunett, xBubblex and 9 others like this.
  14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    No i dont mind being spoiled! * hugs and gives cookies*

Actually i didnt mean his old identity but his current one .....the guy who gave his body to the mc was an illigitimate son of JC nefew's clans head or something right? ...i thought at first that JC and his nefew belong in the same clan but that doesnt seem to be the case? ....sorry for not being clear enough orz

Small question can you tell us a cute moment between the mc and the ml that involves the mc's fear of dogs? ( we know he hides behind the ml everytime...it would be funny if the ml took advantage of that to nake fun of him too :D

xBubblex and Misaki Yata like this.
  15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    His nephew? Jin Ling? I thought he was part of JC's clan. So Jin Ling and Jin mastermind is in the same clan?

alexfilia likes this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehm I just watch it but it's just viet sub in chinese video, so unless you're Vietnamese then it's not much difference

18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, @winter-t there's this scene where I think the mastermind got stabbed and said, "I've killed my wife, my brother, my son, etc. All the bad things I've done. But I've never thought of harming you."?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  19. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, ok, sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, MC's current body Mo XuanYu was part of the Jin clan, but he got kicked out and went crazy.

It's a patriarchal society, so children follow their father's clan. Jin Ling's dad was the legitimate son of Jin clan's previous head (so he's Mo XuanYu's older half brother), and his mom was Jiang Cheng and MC's older sister. It seems like this point was a bit confusing.

ML is very serious and doesn't tease or make jokes, so every time MC hides behind him he cooperates and helps MC as much he can. Usually in front of dogs, MC is completely paralyzed and so freaked out that he can barely think. There was one scene where he was like that, but then ML stands between him and the dog, blocking his sight, and MC immediately feels safe and returns to normal.

Yes, they're part of the same clan, but Jin Ling spends more time with Jiang Cheng than with his clan, and Jiang Cheng acts as his main guardian.

Yeah, that's during the final confrontation. The person who stabbed him is ML's brother, and they're sworn brothers. The mastermind never expected to be stabbed by ML's brother, and ML's brother stabbed him more on reflex than anything else, and hence these words. ML's brother was probably the only person he never tried to harm.

20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, OK. I thought there was some BL going on behind the scene. Was Jin Ling's father the fiancee that MC's sister has when they were young? I remember the fiancee said that he doesn't want to marry her. And in some of the videos, there's this firl who said that she's going to get marry, is that the sister? Did the mastermind die in the end?