Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird things :blobjoy: oh gosh how true this is. I mean haha I've read some where things got crazy so uhh best do your research. If you don't mind me asking, do you post any of your writings? I'm quite interested :blobsweat:

Just a few? Ohh this makes me realize how sullied I am ahha I-I well :blob_blush: (that innocence...hold on to it)

You sure it wasn't them thinking of him as really OOC? :blobwoah: I would get if they said Lan Zhan's a tsundere but a yandere... I'd like to ask them how and why. :hmm: Ai, must say, some fans are really something.

I'm confused. If you hadn't posted this, I'd have no idea. Are they dissing the fact that on WangXian didn't use lube on the first time or they should've used it even when they have done it everyday... ?? It's like they stated this to protect Wei Ying's ass but in a disdain manner idk I've read stories with much unpleasantry yet there wouldn't be such responses. Anyhow, me being simple-minded, just full-heartedly enjoyed the whole chapter 111 and couldn't help giggle to myself throughout dinner that day. :blobicecreamlove:

2. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have a couple things posted on the links in my signature. And some Wangxian fanfic on AO3. The rest of my stuff isn't online anymore.

setsuna3025 and AI Xin like this.
  3. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting discourse. In terms of smut, I think the only problem is that the conventions of Chinese smut writing are different from that of English smut—I've definitely seen the ant metaphor thing in many places other than GDC. Also, the next incense burner (the proofreading of which will be finished this Sunday I think) kind of involves a certain someone's self-lubricating ass, which is seen really really often in Chinese smut despite it being extremely anatomically incorrect........... I don't think it's a good idea to get too caught up on anatomy when reading a xianxia novel where people, you know, fly and can survive not eating for a really long time, but personally I think I was also taken a bit "out of it" when I first read it? It's definitely not common in Chinese smut to stack lube and preparation and foreplay all on top of each other to "create atmosphere". A bit too gentle, I assume. Chinese smut is more.,. rapey and naturally BDSM-ish/omegaverse-ish even without it identifying as a BDSM/omegaverse fic. Interesting note: in fact, Chinese readers and writers have often mentioned that proper preparation breaks the rhythm and makes it "less hot". Prep+lube in Chinese smut used to be a HUGE pet peeve of mine until I decided that fuck it, danmei isn't real and nobody really gives a shit about what I thought was so important.

4. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    @K.san I think that's the norm in yaoi, too. I've read lot of yaoi manga where guys just naturally have self-lubricating arses.

I think they're changing over a little in the last few years, though.

While English authors being yelled at: "that's not right! You need lube, you need prep, guys don't do that or this. Even if it's fantasy, you have to make the smut look realistic!" :facepalm:

To be honest, if written right, the lube+prep scene can be super hot. It doesn't have to take a reader out of the moment. :sweating_profusely:

setsuna3025, AI Xin and K.san like this.
  5. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, from what I've seen, the smut in MDZS and a lot of other danmei novels with explicit scenes are different because of a different cultural background and/or writing conventions in Chinese BL circles. The actual intercourse hurting for the bottom character usually is very pronounced, to the point where I think it's really a popular fetish more than anything. I guess that's just the way it is and you either like it or not (or learn to ignore it/not take it too seriously).
    It's like the "pulling your pigtails means he likes you" relationship trope that's super popular in a lot of danmei novels - it's just a different background. It's not like that's something that "western" fandoms have gotten over either. And it's not necessarily a bad thing - different people prefer different tropes.

6. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like people just shit on ch 111, or actually MXTX smut in general, and LWJ just because of the no lube thing. The fixation on lube and preparation is really getting out of hand. But yeah. Having sex everyday, there is no way WWX's ass won't get loose. It's not going to magically revert back to the original state unless he drinks some kind of concoction or pill or whatever that can restore a body's state to a certain time.

None of us are saying that lube is bad, but the fact that some people are using lube as an excuse to shit on LWJ as a character and saying how MXTX should never write smut again, that they are fucking glad that MXTX did not "spoil" HOB with her smut. It really makes me mad. Like really? You'd be surprised when you see some people out there arguing that LWJ has no self-control and is forcing WWX to have sex with him everyday.

Anyway. Some people deem LWJ obsessive, therefore he's a yandere which I fail to see in any of his actions. LBH indeed is closest to a yandere, but that's only when he's under the influence of Xin Mo or when he's the original LBH/Bing-ge. LBH in a clear state of mind will never do anything to SQQ that will be considered yandere. He'll just whine and complain and SQQ caves in simply because he's weak to LBH. Now that we're talking about LBH, the poor boy gets shit on a lot too and gets generalized into a typical yandere.

More like they don't understand LWJ as a character. I actually see LWJ as a kuudere instead of a tsundere. He was just a disaster in his teenage years when it came to WWX.

There are mixed reactions honestly. They dissed LWJ for not being patient enough and just slammed it into WWX with no lube. There are usually "jokes" that WWX's ass needs proper preparation? Idk, but maybe I'm just being oversensitive and making a big deal out of this. But I'm honestly tired of seeing such comments/jokes. Just like you, with all my heart, I enjoyed the chapter and all smut in MDZS. ;)

But the reason I brought this topic up is because recently, the MXTX MLs are being compared and all are called "obsessive" and can't function on their own without MCs. Which I do not agree at all because LBH has been shown to be a decent, effective ruler/leader, easily doing his work without trouble. LBH was even willing to wait for who knows how long for SQQ. LWJ mourned, but he still traveled around the world to wherever the chaos is to help people. He raised LSZ, taught classes in the Lan sect, rebuilt the trust the Lan sect has towards him. He functioned just fine. HC, this poor 800 year old virgin waited for XL, became a Supreme on his own, made a shit ton of money and makes sure that the ghosts under him don't suddenly go berserk.

OMG THIS. I've seen this kind of comment too and I'm just questioning the commenters in my heart like: "are you a guy? do you have experience with his kind of content? or are you just saying this because majority of people believe in the same thing?"

K.san, setsuna3025, AI Xin and 2 others like this.
  7. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link

You know honestly, those type of people really makes me mad, annoy me so much. I tend to steer clear away from them. I often want to ask themselves (when I happen to see those type of replies…), “why the hell are you even reading this novel, which is tagged clearly as BL in the first place??” If they don’t like the ship? Fine! But DON’T ruin it for fans who do...!

I feel like sometimes those type of people just use their own logic to hate a character, that, they will hate it for illogical reasons and start seeing things that isn’t even real or how the character really is. Like how they label Lan Zhan as a Yandere being one thing, I still cannot understand how they can even think Lan Zhan is a Yandere (lol), no offense, to people who actually loves Yandere, I don’t personally hate them otherwise, I wouldn’t have gone and label Luo Binghe (SV) is close to being a yandere to me, but honestly, when a character doesn’t give those traits as a ‘yandere’, than don’t label them into that category, or label them into that category as a reason to shit on said character…

I always see that the fact that HOB doesn’t have smut is actually a ‘sad thing’, because I wanted to see how Hua Cheng and Xie Lian is like when they’re in bed. I mean, just once would be enough, and I think it’s sad that MXTX is forced to restrict her writing to ‘censored’ because of all the shit that is going on in the fandom, i.e. “It’s not a healthy read”, or “people is too homophobic”, which leads me to question again, WHY do they even tread into MXTX domain/work in the first place? It’s not like it’s falsely tagged… Do people just report for the sake of making the writer feel bad? If I don’t like something, then I won’t read it, I wouldn’t go spread rumours/my opinions about how crap a story is… >.<

Sometimes I really feel like we are reading different stories to be honest. Lan Zhan ISN’T forcing Wei Ying to have sex with him, it IS consensual, and I have to say that it is always Wei Ying that started it first, like take the extra where Wei Ying was tired from a whole day out with the Gusu Juniors up in the mountain, and when he came back he was tired, he actually slept, and Lan Zhan DID NOT force Wei Ying to have sex with him, Wei Ying started the mood first, so it’s consensual. Really, Lan Zhan isn’t the type to ‘force’ sex on Wei Ying, while it’s true and famous that ‘Every Day is Every Day’, if Wei Ying isn’t up for it, or if he’s too tired, than Lan Zhan won’t force it because he really does and genuinely cares for Wei Ying well-being. I won’t deny that Lan Zhan can be rough while they’re doing it, but it’s just how most BL are, in most stories… MXTX is really tamed compared to the other hardcore BL that I’ve read, so really I don’t have anything negative to say about Wangxian on my end, not at all. This is why I cannot relate to the part of this fandom who just trash for the sake of trashing on this beautiful pairing imo. For me, I actually love how both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan is consensual and I can see them switching roles, what I mean here is the ‘equal give/take’ for each other. That’s what I love most about it on my end.

I also see Lan Zhan as a Kuudere over a Tsundere. To be honest, Lan Zhan never strikes me as a tsundere. Jiang Cheng on the other hand, fits the tsundere category.

And for those who doesn’t know what a Kuudere is, I’ll quote from google (lol):

^^ This is so Lan Zhan to me :blobicecreamlove:

True, LBH is the closest to a yandere (when he’s under the influence of Xin Mo or when he’s the original LBH/Bing-Ge, the LBH we came to love (Bing-Mei) wouldn’t do anything to harm SQQ when looking at the negative aspects of a Yandere. When I was referencing the yandere part for LBH, I was merely focusing on the positive side here. To be honest, LBH does give off that feeling that, LBH wouldn’t care anyone else except for his Shizun, or if the world is destroy, but so long as his Shizun is alive than that's all that matters to LBH. That’s just the extent of LBH loves for SQQ, but I know LBH(Bing-mei) would never do anything to harm SQQ, even when he’s under the influence of Xin-Mo. I really do love LBH, and the later chapters I’ve read, really makes me feel for LBH so much, this poor boy really deserves a hug, and reassurances from his Shizun :blob_teary:

As for the whole Lube thing… I agree with K-San reply above… And honestly, this is a Wuxia setting…. No offense, but do people really use Lube back in those days…. :hmm:I am not all that put off (as those who complain) with the idea that they didn’t use Lube but it probably does vary between different people, on my end I'm fine as it is for MXTX since like I said, it’s pretty tamed compared to the other hardcore BL I’ve read…. Honestly, after reading MDZS and loving Wangxian, it even topped this BL (sorry Takano x Ritsu) that I have loved as no.1 for many years...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    alexfilia, K.san, setsuna3025 and 2 others like this.
  8. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the lube: I mean... I get it, to a certain extent, why people want danmei characters to use lube a bit more. It's not that difficult either, especially in Xianxia settings where they have all those tons of different magic pills and remedies. But for some reason, lube is too complicated of an idea? Especially when there's often a lot of attention paid and detail put into to describing in how much pain the penetrated character is during sex - and repeatedly, too, if there are several smut scenes? So from the POV of someone who is used to lube being applied in fics, I can understand why the complete refusal to ever use it in plenty of danmei novels can get irritating. Like "the shou is obviously and repeatedly in pain, all sorts of remedies and medicines exist in that universe but they never use any, are those characters idiots?". Which is why I'm pretty sure it's more of a fetish than anything else.

About the whole criticism of the MLs as obsessive: Sure, different things appeal to different people, and everyone's free to criticise stuff. But most of the criticism I've seen is heavily influenced by the current "purity brigade" kind of thinking, where it's some sort of scandal whenever a ship isn't 100% wholesome toothrotting cotton candy fluff, any age difference, even between adults, is pedophilia and characters even slightly disagreeing on something gets labelled as abuse. So I mostly ignore it.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    setsuna3025, AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  9. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relate and agree to what has been said there. I would hope they'd refrain themselves from causing anymore drama to the fandom and author, people in general:blobpensive:

On a positive note, I'm excited for MXTX's 4th novel (死神没有休息日) :aww:Hoping she'd write the way she did back with SV and MDZS. I still appreciate HOB even without the car scene but I feel bad and sad about what happened.

Sauling and CawCawBird like this.
  10. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said, I hope so too! :blobpensive:

I heard that it's going to be in a modern setting, so it will be different genre(setting) to her previous 3 works. On my end, I'm not going to worry about the main pairing, because I know that, while there's going to be many pain and it will be a tearful journey, it will be a happy ending for the main pairing, that's always one of the things I love about MXTX on my end, I don't mind the angst to bring out a 'touching/heart-wrenching' feeling, as long as it's a happy (conclusive) ending <3

But, I only hope that if there's going to be a bromance, brother-kind of relationship, it will NOT end badly... :blob_teary: Because, I'm still not over (and will never be over) my brotp in HOB - He Xuan and Shi Qingxuan :blobsob:MXTX really have a way of giving tragic endings for brotherly love :blobconfounded:

Do I need to give a list? Those who read her works know who those 'brothers' are :(

SV is getting really interesting where the story is headed (imo).

HOB, I still love/appreciate it just as much (even when there's no smut, though I still think it's sad that for what happened for all said.... :( ). Which reminds me, I need to resume reading HOB, I've been putting that on hold for a while now because I was re-reading MDZS again xD

AI Xin likes this.
  11. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    oh didnt get to see the comments but oh well. those hu don love tat chp is stupid and do not appreciate it at all -.- i love tat chp so much its just so awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and yay smuttttttttttttttttttttttt ahhahahahahahhaha.

wattttt lan zhan a yandere???????????!!! WTF TAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    they hav alot of pills and some other stuffs they can use ba hjahahha or use soap? or don even use it and just get on wif it ahahhahah.

side note: those tat stated those comments r just fkin bored to death and wan to create a drama for ppl and themselves to enjoy. if not y would they wan to go and destroy the fun for fans hu love it when they don and wan to smash the author? they seriously hav nth better to do in their life :blobtongue::blobcheeky:

and about the lube thing lolol i did not knw about tat ahhahahhaha. read something interesting again today thx u peeps :blobgift::blobgift::blobgift::blobtongue::blob_sunglasses: my ex like to just do it without lube all the time hahahahahahahahaha :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobtongue::blobtongue::blobtongue::blobtongue:

Sauling and AI Xin like this.
  12. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you. I'm tryin to refrain myself from falling too hard but I have a tendency to fall for side pairings so MXTX's brotp, they've become the death of mine. No need list i'm still not over them yet *hugs* here'some hot cocoa, blankets and tissues. In the time being, fanfic is healer :blob_patpat:

this ad your singlish give life to me :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  13. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I wonder if this latest round of censorship will affect the upcoming seasons of MDZS donghua and audio drama:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...-website-told-stop-publishing-obscene-content

I don't think it would affect the donghua since they've already tweaked the story to make it more a bromance. But with 3rd season of the audio drama could be affected.

I hear this latest wave of censorship doesn't just affect Jinjiang Literature, but Bilibili is also caught up in it so I assume it's several websites and a crackdown everywhere.

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  14. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

Sometimes I really don't understand why they would choose a "BL Story" to adapt into anime/donghua and live action, which they, by the way know it's "BL" but they still tweaked the story to not follow through in the adaptation...

The original source (in MDZS case, it's the novel) is what got it popular and famous and they used this popularity to decide with these adaptations but what annoys me the most is, they would not follow through with the canon genre to the story. I don't like these kind of decisions, I always want to question the people who decide on these... "Why do you choose a BL story in canon but not follow through in these adaptations?":blobunamused:

But...Oh well....I'll live with it so long as they do not break up the canon Wangxian by pairing them away in the donghua......As long as they left it implied or ambiguous for Wangxian in the donghua, as long as they don't turn canon BL into heteronormative, I'll live with it...

This is why I personally prefer the novel best because at least in the real canon material, Wangxian is Canon.

So, this is me " :facepalm: " at those homophobes ...:blobunamused:

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    AI Xin, setsuna3025 and Soulfill like this.
  16. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    yup my same reaction to those tat r homophobes:blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::blobdevil::blobunamused:

17. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for the writers and creators :blobsad: though topics like this lead controversy, I think some are just ridiculous. I've had friends whose works got reported and/or removed, although all were age restricted, I find it infuriating. And idk, those "18 and over" warnings and age confirmations, one could simply lie about it so why?

Mmm, the audio drama mostly follows the novel so far. It could be affected but I think the donghua and live-action wouldn't be too guarded with all the major tweaks on our canon :hmm:

Honestly conflicted with the adaptions like I'd rather just have it read as a novel rather than having it torn apart and pieced together completely off to what it's based on, but happy it was recognised enough to be adapted even if you know it'll be a mess :sweating_profusely: like book/comic to movie/animation adaptations, they either can stick to it or mess it up due to censorship and timing.

Agree. I can't relate with them :blobexpressionless:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Sauling likes this.
  18. monwie

monwie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone know if the mdzs cornetto only available in china or is it also available in taiwan?

19. Shimizu Yuki

Shimizu Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For fans of mdzs, this is a very very very good song from LZ's point of view. I don't know who sing it but his voice is very cool. A perfect voice for cool and cold LZ. :blobmelt::blobmelt:
    I like both anime and cd LZ's voices but I also like this one too. :blobrofl:

I HOPE SOMEONE TRANSLATE THIS SONG IN ENGLISH. PLEASE GIRLS AND GUYS, PLEASEEEEE.........I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS SONG. :blob_teary::blob_teary:
    I'm sure the meaning will be very romantic because, it is LZ here we are talking about, you know that, right? :blobokhand:
    And the art is very beautiful too. :blobReach:
    btw, i'm listening it again and again like wangxian song. :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  20. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it's not available in Taiwan but please prove me wrong. Even within Mainland China, availability highly depends on the city or the specific shop/market.