Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe so. I don't mind paying but like, the process of it is quite troublesome for non-IOS user. And if they know (I don't think they expected) there's more international viewers and readers than what they initially thought, could they add on different methods to excess? And because I no longer have a phone, I may want to break my loyalty to Samsung for buying Apple to make it easier haha :blobsweat_2::sweating_profusely: not to sound mean or unappreciative but yeah...

2. Sofieeee

Sofieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    setsuna3025 likes this.
  3. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think you need to be VIP to watch the live action....I just download the Tencent app and watched it there. I didn’t sign up for VIP at all even though I was frying my brain trying to but you need a QQ account or wechat account to pay for VIP...maybe first few episodes are free?

So far the live action is good in my opinion...some scenes are cringe worthy though...for such a high budget drama I was expecting better but it’s still good. However, if you read the novel, listen to the audio drama and watched the Donghua...you basically don’t need subs cause you know what is happening...what they might be talking about and know what will happen next. Even though they didn’t make it BL....they didn’t disappoint either :aww::blobnosebleed:

5. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    damn hope can watch it on youtube wif subs or kissasian.
    ahhahahah break down the wall of china? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    lol the headband so different and they all look alike lol
    wasnt it suppose to be yellow or gold colthes? or its the sun tat makin the color look like white to me

6. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too my god like to the nice, good fans who know our pain :blobReach:

:blobcheeky: yesu yesh, break the wall, the internet wall!! :blobspearpeek:

was expecting better but it was okay. good. Mmm, what happened tho? Haha like is it the lighting that's making the clan's color off or .... And what the hell happened to Mo XuanYu :blobsleepless: Why the mask? :blobsweat::blobsweat: it's like they add in this take out that. idk as long as they do WangXian justice, I be okay :blob_teary:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  7. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahah i seeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lol IKR y the mask sia lol look even weirder. i think its the lightin or the clothes is not the correct one :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobrofl:

8. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!
    I said I wouldn't watch this, but ofc I had to take a peek :blob_sunglasses:

So... I think dubbing makes LWJ better, more mature somehow so that's a plus. Instead of headbands, those look like tiaras to me :hmm:

Yeah, what's with the mask?! Like we in masquerade or something? I was actually looking forward to some wild make up but nah.. JL's get up could def use the crest. Looks too similar to Gusu Lan's attire. Also I hope it's just the scene playing out here but WWX appears almost too cold and distant. I hope he gets more playful and mischievous. :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  9. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Lycieratia

Lycieratia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayee. So two episodes will be out every Thursday and Friday. With VIP, you can watch more than that. But if you don't want to pay for VIP, then that's fine.

Anyway, I've only watched the first three episodes. I'll watch more after I sleep. But honestly, this is way higher than my expectations. The story changes are a bit weird, but it's not so bad. It's like... a good kind of canon divergence? For example, JYL coming to Gusu with our Yunmeng bros. So there will be more Yunmeng siblings moments which is perfect. Something we will all need.

For anyone worried about WangXian being heteronormatized, don't worry. The drama team really tried their best to bring out WangXian. The drama really made WangXian obvious to the point where you don't even need a confession. You can't even say "no homo" with them in this drama. In my opinion, drama outdid the donghua when it comes to this. If donghua is too subtle, then drama is in your face. Like... During his time in the Mo village, WWX saw glimpses of the GusuLan Sect robes and is reminded of LWJ. And even played on a leaf whistle, thinking about him and whispering his damn name. That is romantic and has a very strong sense of longing.

And when LWJ heard WWX play WangXian on his flute to calm WN, the hand grabbing was executed pretty nicely. A particular detail that I enjoyed from this scene is when WWX actually drops his flute to grab LWJ's hand back. This is quite different from the donghua and the novel. In the donghua and novel, LWJ tightened his grip around WWX's wrist which made him drop the flute and stop playing. In the drama however, LWJ doesn't exhibit a tightening of his grip. Instead, he allows WWX to continue playing for WN to escape before turning his body a little to make it seem like he is about to chase after WN. And this is where WWX simply just lets go of his flute and grabs LWJ's other hand and form a criss-cross of their hands. And the music is super romantic (slightly sad, but yeah.)

Oh yeah. LWJ's face here is great in the flashbacks. Because he looks completely done with WWX. :)

11. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    In the drama their making it so that WWX and MYY looks the same, so he wears a mask after rebirth. Cause they can't have a different actor play him halfway.

setsuna3025 and HeRhea like this.
  12. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 1 Raw

13. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys. Because episodes are going to be released every thursday and friday, you can simply watch them directly on the tencent site. Here's the link:

If you're region-blocked, then I understand that you have to resort to the reposts of the drama since VPNs may not work for you. But if you're not region-blocked, please try to watch the free episodes on tencent instead. It'll increase the views and show that there's interest in the show. It'll help more than watching reposts. Furthermore, reposts often cut out the opening and ending which is very unfortunate as the drama has great music.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, so I apologize. But please try to watch the free episodes on Tencent. If you're impatient to watch more episodes, then you can purchase VIP for a mere $2. You can buy VIP easily with an iOS device. It is very cheap. Just like the audio drama. Or if you're really unable to buy the VIP, then you can look for the reposts of the later episodes. Or find a friend who is willing to purchase VIP and watch the series with them. It'll be more fun to watch with a friend as well.

K.san, alsalunar, AI Xin and 2 others like this.
  14. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, well, I'm glad Wangxian won't be heteronormatized in the live action drama:aww:. I'll probably watch like a few episodes to see what it's like, even when I said initially I won't be watching it, but hard to avoid since I see this everywhere, on Facebook and Tumblr (lol), but, in my heart, I will still prefer the novel/donghua over the live-action :blobsweat:.

I have seen screenshots on facebook, someone did a comparison between the donghua and the drama, I don't really understand why Wei Ying (as MXY) needed to wear a mask, so that was really weird/awkward looking at the drama change to this:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the link, since that's where I just watched the first two episodes!

And I'm not sure how I feel about the change at the beginning to Wei Ying's death, I mean.... They sure did changed this, first, Lan Zhan wasn't supposed to be at the scene when Wei Ying died, and second Wei Ying died from a back-fire, not falling down the cliff, but nevertheless, it does show how powerful that scene was when he hold onto Wei Ying and didn't want to let him fall (and I liked that), but to be honest, if Lan Zhan was at the scene, when Wei Ying fell down, from my understanding of Lan Zhan's character, I would see him jump down with Wei Ying and tried his best to not let him go and protect him no matter what.

But that all aside, I do like some additional scenes, well changes in the drama, that is pro-wangxian, e.g. when Wei Ying was thinking about Lan Zhan and the scene where he was playing the leaf whistle, which I assume it's the 'Wangxian' song? And did LSZ said it sounded familiar? Because I don't think Lan Zhan would play this song for anyone aside for Wei Ying, so it most probably is Wei Ying who played this for A-Yuan when he was smaller (if so, hey!! Then at least in this alternate universe, it's canon :aww:)

Added on with how Wei Ying reminisce about Lan Zhan when he was playing the leaf-whistle etc etc, and I do like the added scene where, when Lan Zhan sensed there was a shadow figure that just passed by and when he went after it, he was thinking about Wei Ying and said "Wei Ying, is that you"? [because it really brings out that sense of 'in your face', that he's really searching for Wei Ying all this time:aww:]

Well, that's what I got out of this all, and supposedly, night hunts should be at night time, not day time xD But well, I'll live with it, so long as Wangxian remain inseparable and it's not heteronormative in this drama.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  15. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched them on Tencent, too. :blobpopcorn: Yeah, the beginning part was hella weird. LWJ would have def jumped after WWX. His expression was great when holding to WWX, though. Despite of the changes and the obvious cringe on some scenes (like 70 % of ep 2 was pretty cringey for me) I still found them enjoyable. There were some really neat alterations, too, like WWX seeing his siblings reflected on water, and A-Yan giving Little Apple its name. :blobReach::blobReach:

WangXian looks really promising so far! Like, they are not hiding it and their actions and thoughts speak for themselves :bloblove:

Btw, I’m seeing people saying there’s going to be 2 ep on every Thursday and Friday for non vip members, so 4 in total but I on Tencent it says that there’s going to be 2 on every Friday only..? :hmm::hmm:

Also, does anyone know how many episodes there’s going to be in total?

alexfilia, Sofieeee and Sauling like this.
  16. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Tencent says 50 eps total

18. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Must have missed that... but holy shit that’s a lot :blobparty::blobparty:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  19. Sofieeee

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a 120 chapter book

20. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard about the rare pair ship of JC/WQ would be shown in the tv drama. Someone also complained about Wen Qing having more screen time compared to Lan Wangji. Opinions about Jiang Cheng and Wen Qing romance happening?

Does this count as a spoiler?

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.