Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I thought I was over thinking that scene because from the beginning when Wei Ying finally awaken, and Yanli told him how they were all worried about him especially Lan Zhan and how Lan Zhan have helped him in getting better, the way Yanli said it and the way how she exit the scene to give them some alone time really felt like she knows about them(like to give some alone time between two lovers or something :blobmelt:). And that scene when Yanli was in a way indirectly teasing Wei Ying about him having someone he likes, it's like she's teasing him and Lan Zhan(or maybe I am over thinking here lol) but really, that scene when LQR in his own way confined Lan Zhan in going out really reminds me to that scene in the novel where before Wangxian elope (after the JGY died); he said he's going to abduct Lan Zhan and bring him back to Gusu with him and forced those rules onto him again, lol (Well just remembering this on top of my head) but that scene in today's episode where LQR is making Lan Zhan read those is like indirectly reminding me to that scene.

But honestly I really don't know whether to laugh or cry because I do feel sorry for Lan Zhan have to receive that from his uncle but at the same time I guess it's something positive because even LQR senses something is going on between them :blobmelt:
    To be honest I do welcome any pro wangxian moments and I love how in the live action they seem much closer during these times :bloblove:

I am really hoping at the end of all this they will get their happy ending together ~

AI Xin and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  2. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    LQR is always being a spoil sport of wangxian. lan zhan wans to save some one important to him but his dumb stupid thick headed uncle won let like wat is his problem. LQR always preach tat they should see the gd in ppl and giv them a chance but did he and LXC giv wei ying a chance? they didnt and even blamed him for causin lan zhan to go against his own sect haizzzzzzzzzzzzzz. so much for "righteousnees" for the lan clan.

but of course doesnt stop lan zhan from wantin to help his wifi and love him, though i would love tat lan zhan just stays wif wei ying aft he went against his own sect to protect him in cannon.

hjahha ikr the video of xiao zhan and wang yibo is so funny

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  3. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    btw where do u guys watch the raws

4. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotcha, thanks!

That exchange between Shijie and wwx was so good! Thank you cql for giving these tiny treats. :blobmelt::blobmelt:

Very good point.
    Their dynamics is def different from the novel, and will inevitably change some of their dynamics in the future. Because their feelings are mutual already, or at least both of them feel deeply attached to one another, we will miss some great exchanges in the future episodes. I’m still hoping for witnessing an exasperated lxc telling wwx about lwj’s feelings, but given that wwx already knows lwj cares for him, it wouldn’t be exactly news to him. Unless… ”it’s that kind of like” but I don’t see the show going that far. (I hope I’m wrong!) :cookie:

As wonderful as it is to see them so close, it really makes me anxious as to how they are going to handle their dynamic in present time. It’s gotten to a point where they are eyeing each other in every scene they’re shown together. There’s really no need for that every time. It also adds on expectations. After 16 years of waiting, the first reasonable thing they should do is to find a room and make out intensely. But knowing the show won’t let them go physical (let them hug at least!), I’m afraid of their dynamics becoming stale. Will it just be checking each other out all over again? That would be frustrating. That is why I assume present time wwx will be more moody, to avoid any situation where they both would be ready to devour one another on a spot.

I’m starting to sound whiny again, but I feel I needed to voice this regardless. The writing has been very good, minus some unnecessary repetition with some dialogue/ scenes, and I really wanna believe it stays strong in future episodes. Guess we will wait and see.:hmm::hmm::blobawkward:

And, speaking of their mutual feelings
    I really wished they would have altered the scene in the forest more. Now, it was basically a punch in the gut. To know what it could have been, but instead having lwj and wwx just stand there staring at each other so intently they're basically fucking each other with their eyes. The whole staring contest is becoming a bit unnatural and weird. But was really was a nail to the coffin for me was the "friend card." Them asking who am I to you? How about leaving it hanging for a future reference but no, let's use the friend card here. Pfff, no one is buying that, not even you. Idk what I was expecting, but this solution really didn't work for me. It didn't offer anything new to their dynamics, either. Just a desperate reminder how they are at a stalemate, not able to advance from there.

Before I stop, I should remind I'm not desperate for them becoming physical, but rather am frustrated how they just keep skirting around the issue. Please, let there be an improvement in the future.
    Now I'll shut up.:blob_zipper_mouth:

Edit: Okay, apparently the term they used refers to close/intimate friend but my argument still stands. Guess I'm just fuming too much at the moment. I'll probably end up liking it, when given the full context and all but.. I'm good tomorrow, I promise :blobReach:

After today's episodes, I'm just waiting for ep 29 to air. I need some domestic wangxian! :blobnom::blobnom:

Vip on qq tencent. Shit, my membership is about to expire :blobdizzy:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Sauling likes this.
  5. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I CRIED!! I CRIED!!! AH'NING!!! OUR SWEET WEN NIGH!!:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    The production team deserve a big award for this scene!! it was so f-king sad!!! I watched this at work and had to completely stop for 15 minutes watching this and cried ruining my perfect make up!!! it completely made me forgot about the disappointing scene at phoenix mountain where there wasn't no grand parade of each sect...no flower throwing and no blind fold into the forest...but having LWJ being the person who tried to protect and calm WWX down was good and I also like the fact that even though WWX decided not to call out to him, he still saw WWX and approached him without hesitation

But lets get back to the heart wrenching scene...It made me feel Wen Qing's sadness and WWX's anger, they did a great job portraying this heart breaking scene:blobsob::blobsob: When they stabbed Wen Ning with that flag...my heart almost stopped!! how could you be so evil to our sweet man!! he did nothing wrong...just wanted to help people...this is unjust and even sadder then the novel...haven't seen the donghua version of this but I feel like it will be equally as sad...I'm still crying over the lost of Ah Ning!

Even the parting scene at the end between WangXian is heart breaking.....damn it! this whole episodes only makes you cry!!

I need episode 29 and 30 already to ease my breaking heart!!

TaffyGirl13 and Sauling like this.
  6. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a lot of international fans sad about the tree scene, but the Chinese fans are so shocked the “I want to bring a person back to the cloud recesses” line managed to be kept in its entirety that they’re flooding the director with gratitude and the line is shooting up to 3rd on weibo’s hot search. the little victories

but now they’re worried it’s trending too high and attracting unnecessary attention lol. and that’s the reality of the situation...I’ll take this stalemate over nothing at all

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually very surprise they kept that line too :aww:like you stated, I too will take this over nothing...we also got the line during the tree scene where WWX stated he see LWJ as his soul mate haha

https://iseeyoursmileinmydreams.tumblr.com/post/186360897199/ohsehuns-the-untamed-soulmate

8. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess for me, instead of saying disappointed, I would say, I expected we won't be getting it. I knew that they won't go physical, and this is sad because if it weren't for censorship, I believe they would have gave us this :blobpensive: . Also, the moment Wei Ying took off his blindfold I knew for a fact we won't be getting it :blob_teary: but what they said to each other in that moment, the way they look at each other really felt like something special is confirmed to the point that 'its implied' already.
    And what Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan, that term can also be referred to as soulmates, like a very deep and intimate bond between two people that understand each other and I think it's a safe card they use to show that scene since it can be regarded as platonic as well, ofcourse we know it is meant otherwise (romantic, since it's wangxian) :aww:
    So it's not all bad (for me at least), they really do feel mutual to be honest (I'll take this over nothing) :blobicecreamlove:

Honestly it was really heart breaking because I didn't think they would give us the details of Wen Ning's death, I was like...:blob_teary:

I love the moment where, when JGY said that Wei Ying shouldn't have caused a ruckus blah blah blah but Lan Zhan spoke up for Wei Ying and said that "What he said, is it not true?"; And I'm like: "Yes, go Lan Zhan!" :blobicecreamlove:

Ofcourse I love how they kept that line in when Lan Zhan said he wanted to bring someone back to Cloud Recesses. :blobicecreamlove:

In the past Wangxian had already bonded so much to that point so I'm also curious how the present time line will go. I also feel their mutual feelings, for each other so I'm hoping in the present time line it won't go stale.. In any case I've come to love Wangxian so much, so I know I keep repeating myself here (and I hate myself for repeating this because I'm scared...)
    but please, please, just let Wangxian stay together in the end and NOT separate!!!:blobsob:

And I finally got my thunderstorm scene but why does it have to end like that because I want to see more...

I don't know what LXC will tell Wei Ying in the present time, I hope we will get that scene in the future, but if I'm going to guess, it's probably LXC will still worry about Lan Zhan and asked Wei Ying if things are going well between them etc. And while Wei Ying knew (Like in the novel); how he already felt but LXC will reveal the truth about how much (and the extent Lan Zhan went to), to save him, and how Lan Zhan came to got the discipline whips? Wei Ying wouldn't know and it will probably bring out the feels, so I can only hope. But that is a major scene that lead to Wei Ying realizing Lan Zhan's feelings so I'm not sure if they will fully go that route. Whatever it is, I guess getting these implications would be better than getting nothing.

2 things I worry for on my end and it is really killing me...:cry:
    (1) The ending for Wangxian
    (2) And the drama stop airing...because of catching unnecessary attention.. I still wish fans will keep this low profile on the main site etc..

Honestly I want Wangxian to go further but not at the price of the drama being cancelled :blobsob:

Can I not enjoy this show without worrying about these two points? I know I won't feel at ease until the ending is out, but it's already eating me on the inside..

Yeah LQR is really a spoil sport for Wangxian but despite this, despite his dislike for Wei Ying, he still in the end accepted Wei Ying as Lan Zhan's cultivation partner (they're married) so this on its own already shows that he does love Lan Zhan as a parent figure.

From LQR POV, he is bias because it feels like he doesn't have an open mind when it comes to Wei Ying (I like to think one day this will change for him) and in his eyes, he sees that Wei Ying is what tainted his most beloved nephew (student); since Lan Zhan breaks all the rules for Wei Ying but honestly, to me, I do love that change in Lan Zhan, what LQR dislike about this all is what I love so we are totally on different views on this lol. Wei Ying being able to change Lan Zhan is what makes him a better person to me so yaaayy for Wangxian!! :bloblove:

I always find that his hatred for Wei Ying is hilarious lol but I still didn't like how he added that additional rule to the Gusu Lan Sect but then again it's not like anyone follows it lol :blobjoy:

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  9. Vibrantzest

Vibrantzest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is There anyone that knows of a English translation for this video? It looks interesting and curious to know what’s the song about lol xD

10. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    No one can convince me that this scene isn't emotional, I can feel how desperate Lan Zhan is in wanting to stop Wei Ying because he didn't want him to be 'a traitor' to the cultivation world.

Maybe Lan Zhan's regret is that he didn't go with Wei Ying and stayed with him, so.....Anyhow.... I just love this scene, like honestly, they both aren't wrong in their own way, and I know Lan Zhan understood why Wei Ying wanted to help save the Wen's because he carry that same heart in helping others, but Lan Zhan... his eyes really express so much emotion in that scene :blob_teary:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And don't talk about the promise they made, because this only hurts more *ouch* :blob_teary:

11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a lot might be disappointed that there is no kiss scene like in canon, but I just saw someone made a post about this, so I thought I'll share in here with you, which I actually do agree on my end:

upload_2019-7-18_21-5-54.png
    upload_2019-7-18_21-7-11.png
    upload_2019-7-18_21-7-54.png
    upload_2019-7-18_21-8-40.png
    upload_2019-7-18_21-10-44.png
    upload_2019-7-18_21-12-24.png

Actually the word they used "知己" can have a double-meaning when looking at the context. I think it was really clever of them to use this word:"知己" to be on the safe side, because, that word, on the surface can be considered as two people who share the deepest bond (friends), but, when you look deeper into that word (and looking at the context of their relationship in canon, which cannot be made public in the live action, sadly), it can also sometimes mean soulmates. It is on the safe side because 'Soulmates' doesn't necessarily have to be romantic, it can be platonic as well (So you take your pick here when it comes to Wangxian, where they are referred to as soulmates). I mean, it can be a positive, because they try to play the safe card, yet, Wei Ying didn't say they are "好兄弟" (brothers) or something, so I guess we should respect this scene, even them not being able to kiss like in canon, but what happened in this scene, I think just the way they look at each other, and how the conversation flows really gives off a strong feeling between the two, which imo, is emotional in a deeper level (subtly). So yeah, 知己, context wise, can also be referred to as soulmates. Let's just be happy that Wei Ying didn't say they are 好兄弟 (lol).

Yeah, I'm sharing this in spoiler, so let's just savor this moment and keep this low profile (lol)

Attached Files:

AI Xin, Yaoilover-89, shuwei and 2 others like this.
  12. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you have no idea how relieved I’m that they didn’t use 兄弟. omg that word...when it was used in Guardian’s adaption, I swear it just extinguishes every ounce of passion in me. 知己 is the best word possible that they could have chosen and it should be use in future BL adaptations too. please retire 兄弟, scriptwriters :sweating_profusely:

also I have watched the scene like 10x and thought the acting for WWX was fantastic. from the happiness when he first saw LWJ, then to the apprehension recalling the convo with LXC, to the resignation as he turns away, then again the relief when LWJ approaches him. he starts out with a joking tone to make it seem normal, then when pressed by LWJ he immediately put distance between them by using the the name “Lan Wangji”. then the mixture of surprise and joy and worry when LWJ affirms their relationship. it legit looked like he was steeling himself and muster up the determination to just tell LWJ the truth and run off to Gusu together. I was so feeling the suspense. (but ofc they got interrupted and then all that humiliating BS went down with the Jins and now its the point of no return sigh.)

on a general note I see a lot of fans are starting to feel uncomfortable with the changes and calling it OOC, which I agree with, but somehow I’m absolutely RIVETED with this version of them lol. I think their dynamic in the drama have taken a life of its own these past few eps and I cannot tear my eyes away even if it’s not really the Wangxian that I know and am used to

13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    You know we all have different ways of loving Wangxian and while I absolutely adore Wangxian dynamics in the novel but I do actually fell in love with this take on Wangxian as well in the live action. I mean I love how Wei Ying and Lan Zhan share a very strong bond with each other to the point that I am actually happy since I didn't expect I'll be getting this in the live action. In the novel, after Wei Ying came back as the Yiling Patriarch, it really does feel that he is distant from Lan Zhan (compared to before) and he didn't really appreciate Lan Zhan's help but in the live action, we can see that Lan Zhan helping Wei Ying is something Wei Ying appreciates and when Lan Zhan said to Wei Ying he wanted to help him, he was actually happy, like genuinely happy (the part when they were at the rooftop talking to each other), in other words, he is not closing him out at a distance and I love that (change)

Personally for me I do really love this kind of change/take to their relationship in the live action because I can really see how Wei Ying cares how Lan Zhan sees him, and Lan Zhan's trusts really means a lot to him so when Lan Zhan shows he trusts Wei Ying when Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan (on the roof top) if he trusts him and Lan Zhan nodded, Wei Ying was happy.
    It's like I can feel that their love for each other is already there and it's mutual.

All of these are very precious moments to me and I actually love them even when it's actually different to the novel, but the novel has over 100 chapters to build on their relationship whereas the live action is only 50, so when it comes to the Wangxian side of things, to me, so far I am really loving it, I'll take this over not getting anything at all. I'll appreciate any pro wangxian moments on my end.

and while that scene does not have any kiss, but it's still a very powerful scene showing how they really feel about each other, sometimes if a moment or scene is done right, which IMO this scene has, than they don't really need to go physical, but that's how I see it. I expected there's not going to be any kiss but the conversation between them already show how they feel about each other (yes I interpret 知己 as soulmate on my end <3

And yes, 兄弟 should definitely retire when referring to a BL genre lol :blobjoy:

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and HeRhea like this.
  14. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After a goodnight sleep and some re-watching/re-thinking I’ve come to accept the scene in the forest. It’s still not 100 % satisfying for me, but I’ll live with it. It is true that the they use can be interpreted in many ways, and in wangxian’s case, I think it’s pretty clear what kind of implications they want to convey. LWJ's’s earnest look, and WWX’s insecurity really came through in that scene. :blobokhand: :blobokhand:

That scene took the cake for me. It was brilliant and I like the little changes they made. LXC knows and I really appreciate how consistent his support/sympathy for his little brother, and to an extent WWX is. :blobReach:

Another cake for me. Kind of bummed it got cut short, but I am already crying. For me, he was good to begin with, but I'm really impressed how Wang Yibo has perfected his LWJ over these past episodes. :blobokhand::blobokhand:

Really great dissection of that scene. The way WWX lit up after LWJ started approaching him really screamed his feelings. Overall, he came off as someone desperately in love, not knowing what to do or how to express himself. I had a hard time figuring out why he looks so disheartened after LWJ reaffirming their bond. Was it worry over LWJ's safety? That he, WWX, is not who he used to be? Or was he maybe hoping a different kind of response? :blobwoah::blobwoah: I really don't know, but after the whole "why ppl like other ppl" exchange earlier no one can convince me WWX isn't romantically interested in LWJ. :blobwhistle::blob_sunglasses:

This is actually something I'm fine with, too. Even riveted, as you put it. :blobsmile: As long as CQL stays true to its own narrative, and progression, I'm good.

15. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    LWr nvr has an open mind to being wif lol, i like it when wei ying always prank him and makes him vomit blood HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH like hahah serves u right karma is a bitchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. for all the hate he has for wei ying it kinda backfires when lan zhan just don giv a shit about wat LQR says and marry his wifi. which i veri much like ahhahahah :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blob_pompom::bloblove:. and brings him bak to gusu and LQR went crazy and faint and vomit blood LOL i like seeing wei ying makin LQR faint and vomit blood :blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:. ya i oso don like hw lqr added so damn mani rules, but true oso no on oso follows it HAHAHAHAHAH :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    How I interpret that scene is remember how Wei Ying once said to Xiao Xingchen that he hoped that one day he and Lan Zhan can be like them where they go night hunts together, but Lan Zhan back then was like "...." Didn't respond to what Wei Ying said and in episode 25 when Lan Zhan asked Wei Ying "What do you see me as?" When Wei Ying gave Lan Zhan that response, and when Lan Zhan reaffirmed him of that bond, saying that they still are, and implying nothing has changed, I think Wei Ying have like a mixture of feelings here because (1) he probably wasn't expecting Lan Zhan to reaffirmed him because back then when he made a comment how he wish to go on night hunts with him, he didn't respond which Wei Ying took that Lan Zhan probably think he's talking nonsense again and (2) things have changed now because Wei Ying isn't used to be who he was where he cultivated the "right path" in the eyes of everyone, so can Wei Ying still think they can be like before? (This is probably what he's thinking in his mind when he was looking at ChenQing)

I think what disheartened Wei Ying is not the response Lan Zhan gave but more of how he is reminded of what he used to have, a golden core where he can cultivate to the top on the "right path", and what he wished before where they can both cultivate to the top together and go night hunts together, when he said that to Xiao Xingchen how he admired their bond and relationship, but this all changed now since he 'cultivated the crooked path' (in the eyes of others); this is why he was looking at Chen Qing (his flute) with that dishearten look expressing his feelings, because it felt as if "everything is too late, things have changed etc etc (he can't be the same like before because he doesn't have a GC to cultivate the right way to the top, but this is not something he will tell anyone about I.e. the truth to his loss of GC)"

To add on what that bastard Jin Zixun (the cousin?) said to Wei Ying about how he used "improper means" how he "walks this crooked path"; it's like no matter what he does, which is his own way of cultivating, using his own skills, it is still seen as "improper" "crooked path"; so it is a sad thought when you want to still be treated the same as everyone else, but you won't be because "you walk the crooked path".... And yeah, it is a salt to the wound just right after both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan scene too.. a glimmer of hope might become hopeless again with that reminder by that bastard.
    (Jin Zixun, I seriously felt like jumping into the screen and slap him so badly...)

But on a brighter note:
    Night hunts together = Cultivation partners (and I don't think I need to explain what Cultivation partners is, right? :blobwink:)

And to top this off, this is how Wei Ying feel back then, and I believe he still feel this way, but it feels more like the cultivation world who sees him walk the crooked path, etc etc, is why he think things have changed because if he still dare to think they can be like before, then it's like bringing HanGuang Jun down with him (and I do think this adds to what disheartens Wei Ying).

So yeah to me that scene was romantic with a lot of subtext which I love but feels sad at the same time seeing how Wei Ying is feeling when Lan Zhan reaffirmed him that they still are (nothing has changed); but it has when you look at the path he's on now, what he once dreamed of for both of them to share one day isn't the same anymore because Wei Ying lost what he once had. :blob_teary: I just hope that in the present time they can build on this point even if it's a subtle one and give Wangxian a happy ending where they can stay together!

17. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my interpretation is mostly the same as @Sauling but just to add to the discussion:

the drama added two very significant changes to WWX's struggles
    1. they have added a lot of scenes that to emphasize that within the right path, there's no place for someone without a golden core. from people constantly questioning WWX about his sword, to him falling down when JC pushes him lightly and JC saying "how can you expect to lead my troops like that", to basically every interaction between him and the Jins
    2. despite of his insistence to LWJ that everything is going to fine, dark cultivation is genuinely affecting his temper and health (fainting after using the Tiger Seal, Chenqing exuding massive dark energy all the time when he starts to get upset). he also has difficulty controlling Wen Ning from the get go (that mouthful of blood at the end of ep 28, yikes). I don't think any of this was in the novel, correct me with I'm wrong

his 3rd struggle is the same as the novel which is of course wanting to take the secret of JC's golden core with him to the grave; it's the one thing won't tell anyone on his own volition, not even LWJ.

so imo WWX's main conflict after the siblings recovered Lotus Pier not knowing if whether there is a place in the right path for him without a golden core, even if LWJ tries to pull him back or tries to help him. LWJ's destiny is to be on the right path, he's literally the symbol of it in the cultivation world, so WWX doesn't think there's a way for their lives to intersect. that was his state of mind when he questioned LWJ with "what am I to you". BUT! I actually think LWJ's unexpected response shook WWX's resolve. I didn't interpreted his expression as being "disheartened", what I saw is him looking down at Chenqing like "ok I have gotten to this point, and have given up many things" but when looked back up at LWJ there's some hope there as if internally he's like "but maybe there's a solution to this, maybe I should tell him..."

of course then that POS Jin Zixun shows up and crapped all over it

18. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for clearing the scene for me, I think both of you make a lot of sense :blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy: I have read the novel only once (minus the extrasn gonna save those for later), and can't really remember all the details and changes they've made in the drama. :blobwoah:

Maybe we should just start thinking about coping mechanisms...?
    I know this will sadden you even more, and I apologize, but I know you want to be prepared, too.
    So I saw this tweet this morning and... it is just disheartening.

https://twitter.com/MoDaoVSZuShi/status/1151951821583335424

Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe anymore. The production hinting the ending to go like this seems very legit, but then again, there are ppl on weibo who have apparently read the scrip, saying the ending is fine/stop worrying. Now, it might be that they regard the ending fine due to a promise wangxian makes at the very end, but it def won't be enough for 90 % of the fans, I bet!

Now it also seems very likely, that their last lines go like in the WuJi MV, wwx telling lwj to tell the name of the song NEXT time they meet. (Why can't you just say it here and now.. :blobdizzy::blobdizzy:) Really pointless way of adding the feels!

I can't think of any valid reason as to why they would need to separate in the first place, esp after 16 years of longing for each other. QCL, don't do this, please... You're gonna receive a lot of crap for that, if you do... :blobconfounded::blobconfounded:

In any case, I will tread very carefully for the last few episodes of the drama. I won't watch the last episodes until I've been spoiled, and if they start hinting about the separation, I won't watch them at all. :blobsneeze::blobsneeze:

19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have something I was planning to say, but after seeing @HeRhea post, I already got a mind blank and forgot some of the things I want to say, so I'll just sum this up and say,
    I agree with what you said here, and you made good points to further emphasize how I feel on my end.

To be honest, I actually feel hurt for Wei Ying when JC pushes him lightly and Wei Ying fell, not to mention what JC said afterwards when he fell :( But well, at least JC, in his own way apologize to Wei Ying afterwards.

In the novel, Wei Ying have better control of his powers, he didn't faint after using the tiger seal, and he didn't have difficulty controlling Wen Ning when he was first brought back where he ordered Wen Ning to kill the ones who killed him. So this was changed in the drama.

This is very true here, but there's still hope because (1) Wei Ying was reborn into MXY body, so there's a possibility that he can obtain a GC again, and I'm sure Lan Zhan will help him (as per head-canon, and what MXTX said in her interview) and (2) Lan Zhan will show him that there is a possibility for their lives/paths to intersect again. I'm excited to see what we will get in the present time, since they already got so much develops in their past already!

Me @ Jin Zixun! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

You should definitely read the Extras since it's really good :bloblove:

Oh dear...
    Why do you do this to me? :blob_teary: I rather you bring good news, instead of sad ones, but, I understand the need to 'let it out/share'... :blobconfounded:

Did the production team hinted the ending will go like this because the scene where they're standing next to each other gave me hope that they won't really separate in the end (if that makes sense)

But to be honest here, I don't see how any fans, who actually read the script would say: "It's alright, there's no need to worry" or reassured us by saying: they can now watch the Live-Action happily now (when they read the script ending), because NO realistic fans will actually want Wangxian to walk separate paths!!!!

So I came to the conclusion, that yes, Wangxian might separate (I wish they didn't...), but it's only a temporary separation, because their paths will interlinked/crossed again, they will meet each other again, somewhere along the way, and there might possibly be a time-skip or something, so Wei Ying saying "Next time we meet, you should tell me the song name", is probably said before they walk their separate paths, but they will meet again.

I really don't understand canonly, their characters by that time wouldn't want to walk separate paths, so the least the production team could give us is Wangxian travelling together, we're not asking them to get marry or kiss in the live-action, so really, I like to stay hopeful that the real ending is the scene in the opening where they are looking at each other smiling, and standing on the waterfall, where the scene is zoomed out.

Wangxian separating is a killer for me, and I don't want to support this, so I am really, REALLY hoping they won't separate at the end, temporary separation, if it have to be done, then fine, but they better meet again at the end!!! (and is implied they will be traveling together).

I come to love this live action so much so I will be very sad, dishearten (I already am when I saw this post/link) if they walk their separate paths, but let's try to stay hopeful to the end. Having Wangxian walking separate paths will really killed it for me, even If I'm being honest, I'm still worried about the ending, but I want to stay hopeful that when fans said there's no need to worry about the ending, and they're happy with it, is actually an ending that we all agree on, where Wangxian can travel together, and not walk separate paths. :blobokhand:

Even the official ending of the Wuji MV have that scene where they're standing next to each smiling at each other, so I really hoping this is hinting to the real ending of the drama

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  20. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, really. I feel like I've been just a killjoy, lately :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Ohh I will! I'll probably save them for after the drama (u know, something healing to return to, regardless how the drama will play out. I will miss it either way.) :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

Wait, it's been hinted that there is a chance for wwx to obtain GC again? :blobok::blobok:

I'm gonna grasp your words temporary separation like my life depends on it :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:
    If they are going to separate, then, yes, it is going to be a temporary separation, with a promise to meet again. I'm spewing some possibilities again, so bear with me, but now that you mentioned there's a chance for wwx to regain GC, what if this is the real reason for separation? Like, for some reason wwx needs to do it alone, maybe A: find real BSSR, who will help him obtain the GC or B: to meditate/ restore his spiritual powers, eventually gaining GC in seclusion?

I haven't seen the official MV, but hearing that it ends with wangxian standing together at the waterfall is really reassuring thought!
    What if the ending plays out like this:
    Wwx and Lwj separate, with a promise to meet again
    End credits start rolling, and wangxian playing
    (Based on the promo art/sneak peeks) We get a brief scene of Lwj sitting beside the waterfall with his qugin, playing wangxian. He hears a flute joining and sees Wwx at the other side of the lake, who will then fly to Lwj (a confirmation of a regained GC) then, they just smile at each other and watch to the distance. No words needed. -the end-

Haha, see how I went from total depression to hopeful again in a span of two hours :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: Thank you, Sauling! Let's hope for the best!

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.