Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. JinseihaBangumi

JinseihaBangumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if not already happened, watch the donghua for Di Wang Gong lue (however as always they kept out all BL moments) the novel is currently being translated here: https://pucari.dreamwidth.org/2561.html
    and there is a spoiler thread here at Novel updates as well, so you can find out about the whole story.

Sandu and Yaoilover-89 like this.
  2. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! :bloblove:

I had already heard about this donghua but I haven't looked at it yet. Glad to hear that the novel is being translated! :blobcatblush:

PS: Oh! Someone's translating the audio drama, apparently. Even if it's just the first episode for now...

JinseihaBangumi likes this.
  3. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Admittedly, I spent the last couple of days binging on another BL drama series, called "Addiction". That completes my 'big 3' for now - Guardian 2018, The Untamed 2019, and Addiction which I read had tons of controversial reviews and was banned.

For me The Untamed still tops, in terms of production quality, story and casting. Though, if I can name a few things where the others series performed better...

From the Guardian:
    • Dixing glowing eyes by Zhao Yunlan's "father" - If only Wei Wuxian's eyes could glow red similarly... it really doesn't take much CG skills, right? :hmm:
    • micro-facial and eye expressions by Shen Wei - if only Lan Wangji can show more of this... :blobnosebleed:
    • main couple chemistry - at times I feel Untamed focused too much on wrist/shoulder grabs just to remind us that the main CP is indeed a couple. Guardian had a bit more variety of nice couple chemistry, both physical and non-physical aspects. The way the couple talk to each other, the way they exchanged looks or glares, how their body movements sync to one another, etc.:blobokhand:
    • better face mask - Untamed's Mo Xuanyu mask is dead ugly compared to Black Robe Envoy's...:facepalm:

From Addicted:
    • sex scenes, rapey scenes, and dirty flirty moments. I can't say much more than that... :blobnosebleed:
    • it doesn't have to be rapey, but I appreciate the physical contact shown in the series. More hugs from the front, back, side, etc. Teenagers hugging and cuddling while sleeping. Why can't we get the same for teenage Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji during the 16 years ago-flashback?:blobsob:
    • domestic fluff. There's hardly any in The Untamed and probably no opportunity due to the original storyline. But just getting to watch one of them cook for the other, or having meals together at home, dealing with laundry and household chores... ahhhhHHHHhhhh,,,,:blob_teary:

readerz likes this.
  4. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me I also want to watch what to duck I heard quite good reviews about it....

AND TODAY IM STARTING THE ANIME YAY MY EXAMS FINISHED AND IM GONNA SPAM MY OPINIONS HAH :blobReach:

5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Thanks for mentioning this! I really appreciate any recommendations by anyone.. there's so little info about chinese bl donghua in english internet :blobconfounded:. The other ones that I know are:
    • Spirit Pact
    • Beryl & Sapphire
    • Wei Kanjian Erduo la! (japanese anime version/dub available)
    • Mo Ri Shu Guang... not sure about this, I just spotted it in youtube and plan to download it soon...
    • There's a short arc in "Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai" (Please Take My Brother Away, it's a donghua but japanese anime version/dub available) that has funny bl moments too...
    ...and now I'm going off to download this Di Wang Gong Lue... :blobokhand:

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
  6. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei Kanjian Erduo la! sounds really interesting! :blobcatblush: Where can I look it, please?

7. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Look up for the japanese title "Hora, Mimi ga Mieteru yo!" in various anime streaming sites. Personally I like gogoanime coz it's easier to use (for me, at least).

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
  8. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be an explosion of Untamed and MDZS fanarts / fanstuff in twitter tonight :blobdizzy:S t a h p.. I can't catch up with downloading them all... :blobrofl:

One tweet I saw caught my interest.
    Wangxian
    Wuji
    Xianyun

It basically says Wei Wu Xian !! :blobrofl::blobrofl:

And since Wuji and Xianyun came out around these few weeks... could the song names have been smartly orchestrated to make things so much more meaningful? :blobnosebleed:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Chibi WangXian likes this.
  9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the article, thanks for sharing :blobokhand:
    It seems to be some kind of PR or press release statement from a media company, but I guess every bit that hypes up the series will help. I still couldn't find much in google news, so I'm guessing news/info about MDZS donghua is still pretty much confined to forums, social media and other non-official media outlets.

I just saw a tweet that fans sponsored(?!) visuals of Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan in NYC. Amazing...! :blob_pompom:
    I was actually hoping that the admiration/hope theme would be further explored in the Untamed series, such as having the story end by Lan Zhan and Wei Ying emulating XXC/Song Lan's lifestyle of traveling as 'rogue'/independent cultivators and going for night hunts together... alas, this didn't come true.

Perhaps somewhere in the unwritten pages of the Untamed story, Lan Zhan eventually relinquishes his Chief Cultivator role and then finally gets to travel the world with his soulmate :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Chibi WangXian likes this.
  10. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    kyaaaaaaaa!!!!! just dropping this here.....

[​IMG]

11. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    What does it say?? English translation, please? :blob_grin:

A-Yao looks so cute there. There are several other clips of him munching and eating, coz "he eats a lot but doesn't grow fat". :blobicecreamlove:

12. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Throwing out another general polling question, related to The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling)...
    • When did you first hear about or see this live-action adaptation of MDZS? What was the most vivid or unforgettable memory / feelings from that time? How did you feel, what were your initial thoughts, worries and hopes?

• During the airing of the drama series, were there any turning points and what changed for you? Did you see or notice something in the show, or read / heard something (e.g. critiques, praises, etc.), that changed your view or feelings for the drama series?

• By the final episode, what do you think about the differences of how you felt then (before/during the airing of the drama series) versus now (episode 50, even post-ending)? Do you have any personal insights or comments to share with everyone else here in the forum?

• Lastly, how would you compare the novel or even other adaptations of the story (audio drama, manhua, donghua) versus the drama series - what differences or observations stood out the most for you?

13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I'll try to post a pic that I found recently... hope it works...

In an AU world, there's a headline in the Yiling Times newspaper:
    "Infamous and much-feared rogue cultivator, Lan Wangji formerly of the Gusu Lan sect, now known as Yiling Laozu - kidnaps one of his ex-classmates, for unknown reasons. Clan leaders are still investigating, no ransom note found."

"Sworn brothers-in-arms demands his release immediately!
    Jiang Wanyin: Lan Wangji, let my shixiong go! If not... ni qu shi ba !!!
    Nie Huaisang: I don't know, I really don't know, wo zhen de bu zhi dao! But please let him go?"

"Cultivators rally to support Jiang family's cause after emotional outpouring from their eldest
    Jiang Yanli: Please let our shidi go! A-Xian is an innocent orphan, and he's such a gentle and kind person... he's never harmed anyone!"

sorry if I messed up honorifics and names, my chinese is not so good :blobjoy:
    Edit: calling him A-Xian instead of Wei Ying, coz it sounds so much cuter..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  14. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys please can you recommend Wanxian (non AU) fanfic or your favorite fanfic author?:)

15. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that
    WangXian = Wangji + WuXian
    Wuji = Wei WuXian + Lan Wangji

But Xianyun stand for ..? Wei WuXian + ??

Yes, unwritten pages..missing episode :sneaky:

16. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, if anyone can understand Chinese please help us out loool
    people commented that Liu Hai Kuan said something like zhu Zanjin is very lively, likes to move around a lot, is always very happy, whereas he himself doesn't smile or move a lot. But I#m not sure about the context. for me they are a really good match lool and the soup-feeding bts sealed it for me! Do you usually feed your friends with soup in China?

Also i've heard rumours that when fans find anything online about the actors (even things they do or post themselves) which suggests BL, it will be removed completely. Fans are often fast in copying, downloading reposting however.

17. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    haha.. the way you describe makes Zhu Zanjin look like a hungry hamster :blobowoevil: I saw somewhere that he had professional? training as a dancer, so maybe that's why he's so agile and sometimes looking rather restless.

Can you share the clip about the soup-feeding bts? I saw the noodle-feeding, but not soup... :blobnom:
    I have limited knowledge on China culture, but I think people don't usually feed each other with soup - mainly only parents do this to young children. Everyone gets a bowl, a spoon and his/her own portion, so there's usually no need to share. Maybe taking a curious bite or a taste can be an acceptable reason (especially among very close siblings and friends). But still, the moment one shares his/her spoon with another, all those "indirect kiss" rumours will start.... :blobrofl: Look what happened with Xiao Zhan shared a bottle of his green tea with Yibo... :blobrofl::blobrofl:

I kinda agree with you that posts are retracted the moment something is 'wrong'. I guess it's to safeguard the actor's interest and image, and also avoid futher fanning the controversial fire and attract unwanted attention from the authorities. There's hardly anything BL left on the internet, and the few that are, are mostly orchestrated to look safe and generate enough fan attention (and dollars).

I remember Xiao Zhan posted the pic from the "Lan Zhan was here" and "Wei Wuxian was also here" scene / filming set location, saying that it's wrong to write graffiti - nice save, as a disguise for a socially-responsible message :blobthinkingsmirk: Yibo replied the post briefly and agreed. The exchange is in essence very politically correct and doesn't have any other connotations, but it drove fans wild and generated thousands if not millions of clicks :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Hmm.. I was actually looking at Wuji (羁) and Xianyun (云) to make up the latter part of Wei Wu Xian's name (魏无羡)

The "ji" in Wuji is different from LWJ's name but yes you have a valid point, the same pronunciation is still there.
    Wuji = 无
    Lan Wang Ji = 蓝忘

For English or Latin-alphabet users, Wangxian + Wuji + Xianyun = if you take the 1st letter from each song's name, it makes up WWX :blob_grin:

18. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm soo sorry to dissappoint you, there was only the cup noodle scene, i wish there was a soup-one as well hahahah. But all the people around them turned around grinning when ZZJ stuffed the noodles in LHK's mouth lol, Ive heard that LHk said something along the lines of, that they wouldnt taste good, or maybe Zanjin said it and wanted Lhk to have a bite, oooohhh mmmoooo I wish I had studied Chinese. Wanted to see more of those too, but now that the series is over, there will probably be other "hetero" projects for them waiting, the life action made them quite popular :) And yes, ZZJ majured in dancing, he's extremely agile. Yeah, I also remember the teabottle exchange ^^ .... lmao.... however, imo feeding someone is still one level up looool. There is even a visual somewhere, i'll try to find it....mom

[​IMG]

And here is the longer version of the clip: i think he is saying something like he likes to eat chicken more.... but i can only interpret....

https://twitter.com/minorujoeling/status/1156043039929847809

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  19. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha.. ok, thanks for clarifying. It would be awesome if there were more bts scenes of cast members feeding each other :blobxd: Hopefully something yummy will happen in the upcoming fan-meetings or concerts. I was actually surprised how casual and family-like ZZJ just offered and gave LHK a bite of his noodles, even adjusting the portion size coz he knows LHK eats bigger bites. It almost feels like they've been together off-screen and know each other well enough to act so familiarly with one another. This is in contrast to XZ/WYB dynamics in the bts scenes, where I can sometimes feel like they're force-acting in front of the camera to give viewers a nice "meal", and there's that subtle and invisible tension / awkwardness / shyness / juvenile teasing between the two like they're close, but not that close. (it's hard to explain... sorry...)

My chinese isn't good enough either so I rely on other people's translations of the bts clips. Anyway thanks for sharing, and I really love Minoru Joeling's art. Her art was one of the first really good ones that I came across, and got me hooked to the MDZS fandom :blobparty: She seems to focus on XiYao relationship lately, earlier there were more Wangxian works.

I read that next year's Summer BL is a series called "Flying Phoenix". I've no idea what is the story about, but I'm really hoping it will be as good or better than The Untamed and Guardian (2018). I will miss these boys, especially Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo... we'll probably not see them in any bromance or BL-related shows after this, since their fame will net them with plenty of acting opportunities in other (hetero and "safer") series/movies.

Xiao Zhan has been the perfect Wei Wuxian for me, his face will forever be plastered on my mental image of Wei Ying :blob_grin: I think I can still look around for the perfect Lan Zhan appearance; we still need someone who is taller, bigger built, and with stronger arms to finally complete the bridal-carry mission that all fans are missing now!! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

20. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, MDZS is my first BL

and now i started Di ang gong lue anime today..

And, I am disappointed..because retrospectively, I realize that MDZS didn't actually do something mind blowing - the world building, the "powers" , the character traits.. general flow of story.. is fairly the same format as other famous works..
    So, yeah.. maybe MDZS is not so original (and the whole flute thing , owning ghosts.. ah.. cna't believe other novels already have that concept - what founder then :O )