Spoiler The Frost Flower Knight / 얼음꽃 기사

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Donaa

Donaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa is good if you treat it like light reading. Art is Lovely. Any more spoilers?
    Will Cyan be King?
    Will blonde girl do more mean things? In the last chapter FL taught her a lesson.

2. Tsukasa55

Tsukasa55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers about love plot please

3. Novelhellsing

Novelhellsing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happens to the blonde girl later on? Does ginger kick her ass lol

Honeydew Summer likes this.
  4. rsixheart

rsixheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol am i the only one who thinks there’s something more about cyan? since we are reading in mc’s POV we have no idea about cyan’s POV/thoughts. when she first met cyan, he said was in a hurry and left mc to ‘die’. because of her trauma, mc thought that cyan left her because of her looks. but when cyan and mc reunite, cyan didn’t comment on her looks. so its probably all just a misunderstanding.

i bet if it wasnt mc who was abt to die from the ogres and it was just some random dude, cyan would still do the same thing; which is to leave them to die. but it still makes him selfish cause he cares more about himself than others in danger.

this is just an assumption because as mentioned, we have no idea about cyan’s thoughts so MC’s thoughts might be true. I just hope that in the later chapters they would talk about it and become friends. (enemies to friends basically)

im so sorry but i really want cyan to be ml, i like variety and his personality is unique compared to other manhwa mls. plus he would empathize with MC more cause they were both bullied by the nobility.

mitch_97 and komo komo like this.
  5. IrisBay

IrisBay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, based in the story flow.. Black hair was good to be ML for the FL than cyan. Well, 1st impression last long so, when Cyan leave MC need for help.., its was a totally no no.. Not gentleman at all., I think there's no reason for us to connect the 1st MC to the new MC. The past MC was all about CP..., so the ML was automatically rejected. I think the MC turn back time was all about the witches.

Actually there was alot of novel/manwha that the FL lead married the non rich, powerful or royalty ML and not black, silver or blonde hair guy.

For me, Let's just respect the idea of the author for the ML hair color. The flow of the story was important than hair color.

mitch_97, torte1315 and Eloisane like this.
  6. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone said they are tired of black hair MLs = the thread, but none say they are tired of blonde or silver/white hair MLs, might need some explanations for this, I will be waiting until I die for some explanations about this.
    -UserX : Ah but... they are not that popular, it's not true what you are saying
    -Me: False, you have many, many, many and I repeat, many stories about blonde or white/silver hair MLs, just look at them.
    You already have blonde/yellow and silver/white.
    Like because you mentioned the 3 main colors, instead of focusing only on black.
    Do you have a list?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  7. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers about the plot, please!!!

NubeBlack and luliibunny like this.
  8. ilikechips

ilikechips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes about cyan he said he was in a hurry and couldn’t help the fl. In the chapter 38 of the manhwa he explained the misunderstanding to the fl and he also explained that his father is roaming in the outsides of the empire. And the fl also confided in him and also explained her thoughts and her family curse how she feels after she broke the curse.
    So maybe he was trying to find his father ?

9. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes,we get a lot of opinions,but no spoilers!
    I want to know how fl overtrowns the imperial family.

mitch_97 and kimbabiskidding like this.
  10. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the webtoon the blonde girl has two friends what happened to them? or what happened to all the villains?

11. TheSkyIsFalling

TheSkyIsFalling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well tbf black haired ml has the personality of wet cardboard. Sian/cyan actually shows emotions (in the manhwa at least) and his teasing banter with mc is super fun. Plus her dad already loves him. I'm also dropping bc of bland stereotypical concrete block ml lol. He's not mysterious he's just boring imo

Not true. it's canon that sian/cyan saw her in the forest before her transformation but left because he was in a rush to see his father who would be murdered by the king if anyone knew he was alive so cyan would have left anyone there. He never has prejudice against her because of her looks. Sigh they have SO MUCH chemistry what a waste~

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Bella94, Xenareads and evanesco99211 like this.
  12. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Colorism and the obsession of having Flawless Fair White Skin is still sadly prevalent & epidemic in capitalistic societies + colonized countries.
    Exploiting our insecurities and forcing unhealthy toxic impossible beauty standards on us to sell products/gain power over the masses.....

Also Never liked the concept of tall muscular androgynous strong women getting reincarnated as petite fragile cute girls whose physical power is now weaker/inferior than the privileged effortless superior ML.

Examples:
    • This Girl Is a Little Wild/칼과 드레스
    • God Bless You/갓 블레스 유
    • Hey, Little Duke, Just Trust in Sister!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  13. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit this one is hard to read. It's like the only way she would ever be good enough is by some crazy magic that literally changed everything about her. Then when that was done and she had worked hard because nothing about herself was good enough, her reward was the most boring man ever. Like here you go, that's all you deserve. Everyone else is more. More interesting, more emotionally invested more everything. She couldn't have that tho- is like the author is saying once ugly, she was never worth anything and being beautiful was worth any and every effort even tho- pretty was all she would ever be.

I've meet so may people who have wreck their health, relationships, and life to look a little better. Not even a lot better. Just 3 or 5 lbs. and half the time they gain that back and more. They feel lousy, they look the same just unhealthy, and they are still obsessed. This is like saying that has a happy ending. Just try to change even more to make society accept you. And you'll get a happy ending. Not a real happy ending tho-. Only the leftovers that no one else wanted, because you were once ugly so no real happy ending would ever want you.

maybe I've been to harsh. I tried to tell myself it would get better. But it was the same. Every interaction, every additional character, was like oh so your pretty now so you think that makes you all that. Or oh your pretty now is ok if you hang out with us if you keep your mouth shut. I really hated it and for me that's saying something.

I've tried to delete this comment three times now. I want it to go away so no one has to think badly about this book because of me. Yet, I just can't delete it. It think about all the books where the Mc was considered ugly but made the most of it. Where they lost weight (and you get to see every painful moment), tired waxing, makeup or something. They Jump started whole industries in a new world so they could use what they had. Then called that good enough. And the people around them loved them for who they were and what they could accomplish. Not for some arbitrary beauty standard.

So if you are reading this book and enjoying it please disregard me. But maybe some of you are like me. And it hurts you heart that every woman in this world is called either ugly or a slut. A white lotus or a green tea. That only by giving others what they want can we ever be accepted. And even then we're just needy or door mat.
    The only good enough that matters must come from within. But it's so hard. because right from day 1 we've had those voices pounded into our brains until, even in our own heads, it's the only voice left.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Fostofina and Reack like this.
  14. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I 1000000% agree with you. I just wanted to add that while colonization may have played a part in the current east asian beauty standard, blemish-free fair skin, a wiry body and soft straight hair were always a part of that particular standard waaaaay before colonization ever happened. (The same cannot be said for some other countries where colonization and colorism really messed up their ideas of beauty)

I actually found your comment really insightful, please keep it up <3

15. MonoJu

MonoJu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's Asian aesthetics, but having her skin change colour to white when her skin was perfectly fine before just rubs me the wrong way. I almost wish the curse was broken in a Penelope-esque way (if you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it) or even pulled a Shrek. Where the ML falls in love with her in her cursed form and she learns to love herself. That would be the catalyst in perfecting her Sword style which would break the curse.

Instead, she's ugly, muscular and dark skinned, hated herself for it, breaks the curse and becomes OP, petite and white. Again, I know it's Asian aesthetics, but..... I mean, with the amount of time she's outside training, she should be a bit tanned. Lol.

It also feels weird that one of her main antagonists in the story hates her due to her looks. It comes off like women will hate you if you're ugly or if you're pretty, because women are shallow petty beetches. They just want men to love them and take care of them unlike our MC who doesn't everything herself. I do read historical wuxia stories where it happens there too, but I can ignore it more due to the patriarchal society they live in where a woman's only purpose is to marry and get kids. Here, they're both soliders so it's harder to overlook.

I did read till about chapter 15 before I looked up spoilers, so I was hoping something here would get me to keep reading but nothing pushed me to keep going forward. Hopefully it gets better. I might check back on it later to see how it goes.

Reack and tk_10 like this.
  16. Tornister12311

Tornister12311 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, this have more than 40 ch and i don't remember what was in 15 ch but story in general is good, now we have s2 so we have some new arcs will be more intresting after last ch where
    mother of prince gave him love potion for mc and mc need to remove what ppl say about her loveing prince
    so yea we have have somethink new beside her figthing etc

ohh and it would be nice if someone be good to give us some spoilers from novel

Reack likes this.
  17. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

is the prince the villain?

18. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the last manhwa chaper (49), are here anyone who knows what going to be happen in the novel after that? Who saving FL from the 2nd prince (I'm hoping somebody save her :cry:)? What's going to happen with the second prince?

19. iluminaty

iluminaty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    look, I don't know Korean and I didn't understand it well, but I'll narrate what I think happened (I "read" the chapter) :blobowoevil:

well, it starts with the second prince's maids using a younger maid (child/adolescent) to pour wine on Ml so that he takes time . He goes to try to help the girl, because she was crying a lot, but is interrupted when a loud bang comes and a bunch of snowflakes appear. He runs out to the noise and sees that everything is frozen, he breaks down the door and finds Julia passed out on the sofa and the prince unconscious on the floor. He takes Julia and leaves the second prince's trash there, to die of cold (I wish it was true, but he doesn't die, right?! :blobconfuso:). Then he takes her outside to try to warm her up. The Archduke's daughter goes to talk to Cyan and he notices that something has happened in the garden, as it has started to snow. THE Cyan goes to see and runs into Ml they try to warm up Fl, he helps to light the fire and also the flames of jealousy since Ml is like "yeah, yeah, yeah... Now that the fire is lit and Julia is warmer, go away. She's my girlfriend and you don't have to worry" :blob_catflip:. And the cap ends with ml holding fl in his arms and Cyan going after.
    PareceIt seems like the winter power that saved her instinctively, because she had already passed out before the mana explosion that caused the blizzard. Even when the ml found her, she had "daggers" of ice protecting her. Anyway, the "she's mine, go away" part bothered me, because he should be worrying about her health and not marking his territory :facepalm:
    But, we understand, because Julia talks so much about Cyan that Kyrant must feel uncomfortable and jealous. Let's let this pass :blobcheeky:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ninjakitteh

ninjakitteh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The crown prince having to be rendered sterile in order to save his life from the magical aftermath of drugging the FL in an attempted rape is poetic justice writ large. I cannot wait to see that douchetard's reaction once he wakes up... :ROFLMAO:

Boopbup likes this.