Question the-gate-of-good-fortune

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by gunmim, Jan 10, 2017.

1. gunmim

gunmim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just started reading this and i was wondering if there would be more info eventually on what happened in his original world ?

2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Excluding modern day cultivation novel, I've never seen a Xianxia where the MC manages to go back to his original world.

We're probably not going to get any info. If we do, it will probably be at the end of the novel.

keklel likes this.
  3. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you actually reading that massive infestation of NTR? I commend you, but as for the question to your answer, Idk. I think I read somewhere that it did touch upon his past, I just don't know how in-depth it went.

4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe later in the late chapter

5. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    what ntr there no suck thing !!!

6. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    More like "A Gate of Good For Nothing" =.=..... that novel is made for masochists... personally I don't recommend this novel. But hey, people likes different things so who am I say what you should or shouldn't read...

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What NTR?
    It more or less follows the same pattern as most other cultivation stories. Something terrible happened to the MC! Oh, but he manages to greatly benefit from it so it's all good. Not much to be masochistic about since you know all the bad luck will end up in his favor.

8. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link

MC has meet 5 girls and each and every one got separated and then the girls get owned like this:

girl 1 was a fkng idiot that believed the MC to be a bad guy and broke up the relationship with him leading to his death (first chapter).

girl 2 was forcefuly separated from MC and then sold as an slave.

girl 3 was forcully separated from MC to attend a sect academy no info about her situation.

girl 4 was NTR and has sex with another dude that meet mc and were forcefully separated, cant save her.

girl 5 a prostitute that was later bought as an slave to save her by MC and was forcefully separated again.

And this is only counting the girls situation and not the fu***ked up things that happens to MC. Basically each city, village, country that the MC, someone is coming to kill him and he can only escape.

If it truly doesn't have any NTR, I apologize. These are basically the only things I have heard about the novel. BTW: This was taken from a review, I couldn't remember everything that happened, so I just took the review in the spoiler.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen the review and it didn't make sense to me then either. The problem here is that the reviewer seems to consider any random girl the MC meets a romantic interest. I can't even recognize some of the girls on the list so they're probably minor side characters.

1. Sure betrayal is at the start. Her betrayal isn't all that related to his death though because he got hit by a meteor.
    2. Don't know of any girl sold as a slave. Maybe he's talking about some two line side character.
    3. This could be the fiance or nun. At any rate he's met the fiance again.
    4. I believe this is a side character. MC is nice to a girl who has a rep for sleeping around and gets a bad rep himself. Since he's nice to her she helps him out. He gives her resources as thanks and they part ways on good terms. MC had no feeling for her.
    5. MC decides on a whim to free a prostitute while saving a friend's prostitute lover. After killing the young master chasing them MC couldn't find his friend. They were planning to separate from the girls anyway and the MC had no feelings for her.

This MC makes a lot of female friends and has purely platonic relationships with them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Blcktron likes this.
  10. Blcktron

Blcktron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't actually read it don't inject it with hearsay... I have read it and can tell outside of the first girl (ex-gf) and the 3rd girl (super pure girl) he takes care of all of the others making sure they are safe. And eventually falls in love with the wifey he wakes up to when he crosses over.... Now other women outside of MC group in the series are up for grabs

11. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, here's an idea: Don't mean about it. I wasn't "injecting" it with "hearsay." I straight up apologized if I got my information wrong. And I never said that I was right or wrong, I was ignorant on the subject but felt like saying something; mainly because I was bored.

Maybe you're just trying to be helpful? If you can call it that, but really, wow.

12. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said: I apologize if I got my information wrong. But personally I never had any desire to read it either; so of course I'm not gonna be completely accurate.

I mean, I get that there are people that purposely dislike novels, but when the majority says it's bad and a lot of the reviews are similar, it's kinda hard not to think that's what happened.

Anyway, just blame it on me being ignorant on the matter.

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason the majority say it's bad is because the MC is unlucky not because the story is actually bad. He is unlucky but it's MC unlucky. Someone chases him somewhere trying to kill him and he ends up finding a treasure. I actually like the chaotic feel of it because it seems like that's how living in a cultivation world actually would be. You don't get to neatly settle all accounts before moving on to the next area. Plans fail and you barely hang on to your life. At any rate it's one of the stories where the MC is a reasonable person.