The Gemstone Chronicles

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lord Luc, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Gemstone Chronicles is an xianxia type series that I find is a very good read. The most enjoyable thing for me is the fact that the MC doesn't suddenly get power-ups but has one of the best "weak to strong" story lines I've read so far. Give it a chance!

The reason I'm posting this in a forum is because novelupdates.com doesn't have it on their list of novels yet and I want to share its greatness with all of you :D

http://novelsnao.com/category/tgc/

2. SnackRobber

SnackRobber Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it a couple weeks ago myself and I like it as well, also a brightside is there isn't a randomly needless bad harem in it.....well for now. Hopefully it stays that way. I'm looking forward to the author to start updating again, he was finishing finals and I imagine he his taking time to enjoy his Christmas.

3. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Aigberth

Aigberth Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup +1
    Its good and enjoyable. But, the bad point is the the MC opness is too much ;D. Dual elements (plus both of them are rare type), titan power (plus ancestral memories & second personality), dragon power, one winged angel (sephirot?) power, WILL power. O God I love to dance to leveling my opness lol. Overall its a good read if you like some op op fruit

5. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried it but couldn't get past the second chapter. The emotions the parents displayed didn't seem all that real, it was lacking something, or maybe it was just me. I also didn't like his name, so. . .
    A stupid reason, I know. Obviously it wasn't just that but I felt it would be the typical xianxia story. Somehow it just didn't appeal to me.

But, well, since you think it is so great, I will give it another go. But, does it have rape? I'm bad with that stuff so if it has it I would need to mentally prepare myself.

ArgosYesu and CDLevit like this.
  6. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am aware of that.. It is not having on their list of novels "yet".. Tony only take novels that are translated, not self-written novels.. Maybe one day we will see magnificent self written novels on novelupdates..
    I am currently like reading I FELL AND THUS I MUST RISE AGAIN http://novelsnao.com/category/ifatimra/

7. tact

tact the master mind AND The Communicator #1

Reading List:
    Link
    i tryed to add it but maybe it is not asia (not by asia authore) and so cant be uploaded here (maybe)
    and it is in my to be read list

8. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, great story. There is only one thing I don't like in it-mess with abilities of MC somewhere in the middle after that disaster thing. I couldnt understand what happened with his inner seas. He lived, he fought in one way and then BANG... But still, story is great, a lot of potential.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  9. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    I thinks i have reads thus before at RoyalRoadL.
    looks like NovelUpdates just post updates for TRANSLATED Novels. so to introduce original novels you must do it at forum

CDLevit likes this.
  10. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like people who say this story is good, lack or don't understand English. Cause holy ball sack the writing, grammar, sentence structure is horrid. Add on the fact that the plot and pace make no sense I would barely even give it a average 5/10.

The most obvious flaw is how from one paragraph to the next there is no connection, just info dumps of random info, with ZERO character insight or building.

If you compared this to say Beyond? or Forgotten Conqueror, it would be considered pretty bad.

And that's not even the worse part, no the worse part is he blatantly takes ideas from OFFICIAL works, and doesn't even add any originality to it. Heck even the premise of his story is ripping of Heavenly Jewels, with TDG elements.

11. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also it really hurts to read some of how his characters have "conversations". No one talks like that... in any era or part of the world.

Shio likes this.
  12. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    you're right. My English is not so good as I wish. That's why I don't care about grammatical thing. What I pay my attention to is a story itself. Plot is stolen-so what, most of Xianxia in general is pretty much the same. But I like that world. I'm not stating that it's perfect, it's lacking in some areas, but yet again, I don't care as far as I like it. With a little bit of imagination and without paying attention to mishaps you'll enjoy it too. Or not :p

13. krysiss

krysiss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm tired about people bashing about copying work and you know why, because in reallity we humans we always copy from others and learn and expand from that expierence. even freaking starwars has taken idea's from other shows . aka the title design, yes it's ripp of from flash gordon show lol lol..

In the end everything is remix

14. Skool

Skool Sword Immortal Heavenbreaker

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read until the test affinity stuff, and dropped it, i don't know why but when you read a lot of novel in royalroadl, these stuff is common, i'm not saying it's bad ,
    it's just.. it lack something, which make people want to read more, especially those with a high quality novel taste bud,
    there actually is a lot of original novel on royalroadl, which i say was good and some are really good, and i enjoy it, but gemstone chronicle isn't one of it
    nothing personal, it just isn't good compared to say forgotten conqueror
    but hey to each his own..

http://royalroadl.com/fictions/best-rated/

edit:i did like apocalypse now by the same author

15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have the motivation to continue reading more than 5 chapters, give or take 2 chapters. The writing style/story telling whatever its called just doesn't draw me in.

16. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your info !

I REALLY LIKE OPNESS !!!

ALL HAIL OPNESS

17. apprentice

apprentice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't survive past a couple of paragraphs. Also someone mentioned names.....ughhhh

18. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    The title reminds me of that tower defense game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.