Spoiler The Girl and the Beast/She and The Beast/The Lady and the Beast

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. AileenOwO

AileenOwO Queen of Headaches

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know if i should like Isis or not :blobconfused:

Evilnature likes this.
  2. Evilnature

Evilnature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same
    Sorry ladies, there were some complications with the travelling, this pandemic is making trips way more torturous than they usually are, the airline change my flight then shove me into a packed tiny plane then the local aluthority subjected me to 14 days quarantine so I struggled a bit to get to editing, but I'm back and next edit (in less than 10hr) will be longer to compensate all the waiting

3. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no please take care of your health first >< stay safe and healthyyyy :blobokhand:

4. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    nah Im okay, its a protocoll thing

C15P5

As their alliance is still new, Isis had a lot to tell Ancelyn. Ancelyn took a serious look at the new master's plan. Isis was indeed an eloquent speaker. There was something about her, the proper accent, hand gestures, and facial expressions they all grasp at the opponent's soul.

Ancelyn's expression was pure admiration when Isis finished her explanation. Her sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks were like that of a boy who was excited about a new dream.

Astina couldn't bear to reveal the truth to Isis, who gave her a look of respect. Was it like this when the she blackmailed the Grand Duke in Belua? The thought of joining the scam has sent a jolt up the back of her head.. Astina suddenly missed Theriod. She'll feel better if you see his smile.

After dinner, it was dark out, so Astina, who returned home, headed straight to the bedroom. Her hands felt heavy when she reached for the door handle. But Astina soon had to suspect that she had come to the wrong room. This is because there was a very unfamiliar scene in the bedroom. Astina stopped when she found Theriod drinking.

She asked, unable to hide her surprised voice.

"Suddenly…… why are you drinking?”

Theriod's eyes glanced back to Astina. Theriod didn't answer and picked up the bottle again. Somehow, there was a rebellious atmosphere. At that moment, Astina's previous memory passed through her head. She recalled another rebellious man who was making a fuss asking for attention.

Astina quickly checked her behavior.

Where’s the problem?’

There was enough physical affection. Everywhere she went, she even reported her destination. She has never slept out and she has never been stubborn. Astina took a step back first because she could not understand the man. Shee quietly took Theriod glass and sat across from him.

"Shall I join you for a drink?"

Theriod remained silent. Astina tipped the bottle and poured alcohol into the glass. She was craving a drink to ease the shame of deceiving Marquis Ancelyn. Theriod, who was staring at Astina, suddenly asked.

"Did you enjoy going out?"

Astina's hand holding a bottle of wine paused. The drunkness was clear due to his twisted pronunciation, but the intention behind his question was clear.

Was that the problem?

Come to think of it, She’s often stayed out lately, leaving Teriod behind. She tried not to shake the bed just in case, but everytime it didn’t seem like he woke up. In particular, for the past two weeks or so, she was very busy dealing with the affairs between Marquis Ancelyn and Isis. Astina replied, avoiding Theriod's gaze.

"It's a pleasure. It's just a complicated story. It's late, so should we stop drinking and go to bed?”

"Yeah, it's really late...….”

The answer pushed Astina into a corner. Astina calmly swallowed her saliva with the look of "If it's so late, but what have you been doing so far?"

"Well, the days seem to be getting shorter. Winter must be getting closer."

"Yes, my heart feels a little cold thanks to you."

Astina eventually put the glass down. She decided to protest.

"Grand Duke, didn't you also come home late last time?"

"How many times in a month did that make?”

"……one."

"What about you, my wife?"

“…….”

She can’t count it on her fingers. Astina felt a cold sweat dripping down her back. Even when dealing with the emperor, she was never embarrassed, but the fight with the handsome man before her makes Astina nervous. If he’s drunk, he'll get over it. Why can he be so logical?

Astina answered, lifting her eyebrows.

"It was part of the job."

"And Marquis Ancelyn's drunken visit?"

"That's something I can’t control..."

"Yes, of course you can’t."

Theriod answered sourly. There was sarcasm everywhere in his voice.

Astina looked up and slowly inhaled. It's true that she’s been neglecting him lately, but that doesn't mean she’s been playing around. Helping Isis was also for Atalenta's future glory. It was an opportunity to raise the status of the Great Duchy, which had always been hampered by their distance from social circle due to genetic diseases in the family.

She was already tired, but when she got home, she knew that it was late, and Astina was a little annoyed that he stayed a person. Astina rose from her seat with a rather chilly attitude.

"That's enough. You seem to have a lot of complaints, so let’s talk again when you're sober."

Theriod raised his head suddenly. He wrapped his arm around Astina who was in front of him. Astina, who was caught at her position, glanced back at Theriod. Theriod is sporting a mistreated look on his face.

Astina squinted and said.
    "Do you have anything else to say?"

"……keep…… I've been waiting."

"What?"

"You keep leaving me...….”

Theriod suddenly stopped talking. Biting his lips as if it was hurting his pride, he turned his head away from her. He said, letting go of the hand that held Astina.

"That's enough, I'm just offended."

His answer sounds a hit broken. It is doubtful whether he is crying or simply cracking his voice because he has turned his face to the other side. Astina asked back in a perplexed voice.

"……Are you crying?"

"Who's crying….”

Theriod stopped talking and inhaled deeply. Then, he roughly swept across his eyes. A strong bitter sense filled his mouth
    "Who cries? That's how I drink."

If it’s a habit, the Grand Duke certainly looked very drunk. His redden body and unclear pronunciation belonged to a drunken man.

Astina's shoulders are weak. What kind of war of nerves was he fighting against a drunken man? Last time, he made a scandal, so this time, it seems that my side should accept the grand Duke's drunkenness. Astina sat down on the road and said soothingly.

"The Marquis and I are friends."

"Who spends more time with her friends than with her husbands?”

"……I have to point out, the Marquis is all woman."

"That's not a problem!"

All the complaints he held up inside were shouted out loudly. Astina raised her hands as if she had lost.

"Okay, be frank and tell me what you want. And would you give me a summary?”

"……If I tell you, will you listen?"

Theriod, who started looking around, sneaked out a pen and paper. It used to be on the desk, but she didn't know why it was on the table. Astina was embarrassed to. Theriod spoke as if he were making excuses.

"Normally, couples write premarital contracts."

It is impossible for two other people to live together and have no complaints at all. Since it was right to avoid each other's hateful behavior as much as possible after they became lovers, Astina humbly decided to accept the time to adjust their opinions.

"Well, this is a post-marital contract that we can actually agree together."

"I think it would be good to write down three things each of us wants. We'll then give each other priority over the items listed here."

It was clear that he had thought about it in advance. Astina still felt swindled, but she quickly fell for the cute trick. Astina said, raising her chin toward Theriod.

"Go ahead."

But Theriod hesitated to answer. By the time Astina gave a curious look, Theriod avoided looking and wrote down item 1.

"Give me a kiss a day. No, whatever it is to express affection, that's fine."

"Hmm. And?"

"Putting your spouse first."

"……...Of course, but you haven't been expressed your need very well. All right. And?"

Teriod rubbed his jaw as if he were grappling with it. After a moment's consideration, he said the last requirement.

"Meeting with Marquis Ancelyn...… less than now."

Astina closed her eyes and bit her lips to hold back her laughter.

Instead of diligently writing down Theriod's jotted things in crooked handwriting, he raised his head. Astina desperately tried to control the rising corners of her mouth, but her strangely distorted face was even more telling. Theriod's eyes wide open. He asked provocatively.

"Does my wife have anything to add?"

"Well…."

To be honest, there wasn't anything. Theriod was a sincere lover except for the clingy moment. He always gave Astina enough love.

Astina put her hands on her face and thought for a while, and then pulled up the corners of her mouth. This is because the sadism side of her has slowly arise.

"When I’m back from work, can you not whine?"

Teriod opened his mouth with a shocked face.

Astina pushed Theriod with the rolled-up corners of her mouth covered with her hand.

"What are you doing not answering?"

"……I won't agree to it."

"What's wrong with you all of a sudden?"

"That's enough."

Finally, Theriod threw his pen down on the table. Astina teased him more.

"What's wrong with you? I was going to listen to everything you write."

"Stop teasing me."

"Don't you want to know what I was going to write next?"

Theriod stared at Astina. It was quite a full-fledged hostility. He mumbled a cheek sound while keeping his eyes fixed on Astina.

"You're so mean."

Astina tapped her finger on the table. She said, looking languidly over Theriod.

"I think you're saying everything you've always wanted to say since you're drunk...….”

"Yes, you're very mean."

Theriod said again.

If she tease him more, it will be impossible for him to recover. Astina slowly rose from her seat and stood in front of Theriod.

Theriod tried to avoid Astina's hand covering his cheek. But Astina was faster than him. The fragrant smell of grapes landed on Theriod's lips. Theriod closed his eyes reflexively and slowly lean back. The woman who stole his lips was looking down at him with a smile.

C15P6
    Theriod turned his head away belatedly to avoid Astina.

"If you think I’m gonna let this go..."

Astina persistently swallowed his lips again. The shallow suction eventually became deep entertwine. It was not until a long time later that Astina backed away. She said, sweeping Theriod's lips with a thumb.

"That's enough for the condition to kiss you once a day...….”

“…….”

"Well, you said it's all about expressing affection, but I'm not very talented in that. But I'll do my best in the future."

Theriod looked completely unconscious. Astina said, playingfully pressing Theriod's nose with her index finger.

"And again, Marquis Anthony is just a friend."

“…….”

"Are you all done?"

"No."

Theriod answered in a subdued voice. Even before Astina showed a strange look, Teriod, who stood up from his seat, trap her lips again. Perhaps because of his drunkenness, Theriod's hand on her cheek was very hot. Astina closed her eyes quietly.

A series of actions that swept from his teeth to his mouth gradually filled with enthusiasm. Theriod's hand, which was wrapped around Astina's waist, climbed up to the neck. The buttons on her back were opened one by one. Astina was pushed back slowly by Theriod. The last step was the bed.

Teriod wrap onto Astina's slippery lips. Only then did the lips that had been sticking persistently on hers fall off. Astina opened her eyes and looked up at Theriod in front of the ceiling. It was very natural in the process of getting themselves into bed.

Astina raised her eyebrows crookedly.

"That's natural."

"What's my score?"

"Well, I'll give you nine points."

"Of course it's a perfect 10, right?”

"It's a perfect score, so perfect I don't like how good you are."

Theriod laugh faintly. Then he pushed his cheek argainst Astina and lowered his lips again. There was affection flowing all over the slow movement. Astina also smirked and swallowed Theriod's lips.

Her forehead suddenly frown.

"The smell of alcohol...".”

Theriod jumped up before Astina finished talking. It was a drastic change in the atmosphere until a while ago that it was even similar to an illusion. He hurried down on the floor and said.

"I'll go wash up."

"No, wait--"

Before Astina could grab him by the arm, Theriod shot to the bathroom that connected with the room. Astina couldn't even move her arms up to cover her and made an absurd expression. She was just bothered by the smell of wine, but it wasn't that bad. She’s kissing someone who's drunk, and it's not a big deal that he smells like alcohol.

While her body was all bothered, the muscle pain was worse. As soon as the bathroom door closed, Astina collapsed on the bed with a sigh. She had to wait for Theriod to come out. It was a ridiculous situation, but it was be cute to think about what he was up to.

Astina suddenly raised her hand and touched it on her lips. The sweet taste of the wine was in her mouth.

That's why I’m dating.’

It's a stupid idea. Astina smirked and turned half way around.

When she wrote the marriage vows without her husband, she thought about this kind of relationship. Astina had never expected to live with him like a "real couple." And it didn't feel as bad as I thought. The fact that someone who loves her is waiting for her when she comes back home.

Astina blinked slowly. Her eyelashes are getting heavier. Soon her eyes slowly closed.

"-Wife?"

She didn't know how many minutes had passed. She was belatedly awakened by the sound of someone calling her. Astina kept her eyes closed because she didn't feel like answering back.

His hand, which was shaking my shoulders carefully, soon fell off. Nearby, she heard a sigh as if it were ridiculous. Astina didn't think the Grand Duke was in a position to show that attitude even in her sleep. It was Theriod who broke her calm.

Instead of waking Astina up, Theriod lay carefully next to her. As he patted Astina's arm, he raised half his body up and looked down at her face. A smile hung around his mouth. Theriod kissed Astina's sleeping cheek briefly.

"I love you, my love."

What nonsense is he saying?

Astina, whose drowsiness has faded away, slowly looked up. Turning around, Theriod lay in place and closed his eyes. Astina returned to her original position, careful not to show signs of movement.

No wonder her skin is itchy.

Astina raised her hand and patted the cheek that he kissed. She laughed and muttered in a way that would not be heard by Theriod.

"How cute."

Then she really fell asleep.

The plan for an exchange tour between Tristan and the Knights of Atalenta went smoothly and they eventually set the day. Atalenta selected several knights and elite members. It would not be too much trouble to explain that it was ranked by ability, but in fact - in Astina's view - the most prejudiced people were called out. Perhaps they will be deeply confused as they encounter female drivers or trainees who are spread out in Tristan.

The grievances of those left behind were not happy either. The members were very embarrassed by the new order: to socialize with Tristan's knights, who they used to get into a quarrel. Their eyes were filled with desire for battle, thinking that they should not be seen lightly. Even Astina was not sure whether the tour would end well without any trouble. She still have a long way to go.

As if to predict the future, the Grand Duchess has been clamoring in Henry's mind since the morning. Henry had been training like hell till the morning before he left, but not only that. The disturbance outside the wall create most of the noise.

Astina looked out the noisy window and sipped a warm tea. Theriod, who was preparing to go out, approached Astina.

"What are you looking at so intensely?"

Astina look put without saying a word. Theriod turned to the direction Astina pointed. Their capital private residence was located relatively high in the area, so you could look down at the city from windows in the bedroom.

On the road right in front of the mansion, people dressed in investigative clothes were singing the anthem in procession. She couldn't see the faces of the priests, but the subtle ringing of the song sounded quite faithful.

"It looks like they're going through a purification ceremony before the big day."

If the harvest festival was an event of the whole nation, the big celebration, which lasted about two months, was an eventfor believers. When the holiday approached, dark energy appeared in the temple - exactly what is claimed to happen- and a purification ceremony was held.

The problem is that it was not usually a group of priests that circulates the entire capital. Theriod also pointed that out.
    raw:mad:trombonerose
    :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  5. Isatoni

Isatoni Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!
    Good luck with the quarantine! A friend of mine also had to do it while moving to England... it was a bit dull, but not that bad ;)

Evilnature likes this.
  6. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    Omooo Theo being a whiny grown adult is soo cutee. I wonder when Astina will accept his love. How many chapters are there left again?

Mugi10 likes this.
  7. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you be so cute our Theriod? You can't blame Astina for teasing you for that tho :blobowoevil_horns: Thank you for the spoilers!

Isatoni likes this.
  8. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw @Trombonerose
    "I don't think I've ever seen any ceremony this big before."

"It's about time the temple showed some effort. The number of believers is decreasing.”

The Carabella State, which is a state religion and carries the name of the country, was not very popular. Active evangelism activities and religious life can only be supported by money.

Several items that Matina squeezed into Carabella's doctrine at the time of its opening pushed priests into a life of integrity. They also taught the believers self-control and patience as a major virtue, naturally they were shunned by the aristocracy who loved luxury. Their budget was always tight as the rich ruling class did not flock to the church that returned to donations. It was the current situation of the temple of Carabella that there was no room to exercise authority.

Theriod spoke in a skeptical manner.

"That's not a very good way to gather believers. It seems like you're resentful that they wake you up early in the morning.”

Just in time, the song stopped and prayer began. Each person's prayer, which is recited differently, sounded more like a spell summoning the devil than a word dedicated to God.

Theriod kicked his tongue out of confusion.

"And what's the point of making prayer so noisy?”

Astina answered casually, keeping her eyes fixed outside the window.

"It's not a prayer to God."

Then a clear knock came from outside the room. A maid who carefully opened the door announced the arrival of visitors from the Tristan family. Astina turned her head and looked at Theriod. Except for the loose knot of the tie, it looked perfect. Astina said, pulling the ends of the tie to tidy up his appearance.
    "Shall we leave now?"

A smile came to Theriod's mouth as he looked down at the collar Astina had arranged. Theriod and Astina naturally left the room holding hands. It was different from the intimacy that Theriod fakedd to show others not long after he returned to human form. Even if the relationship between the Grand Dukes couple didn’t change, there were many other changes in the Duchy. This is especially true as Tristan's knights looking at the Atalenta mansion with awkward eyes.

The Grand Duke and Duchess personally greeted the knights from Tristan and left words of encouragement. It would be uncomfortable for a while because it was an unfamiliar house, but the main point was to stay comfortable at home. Sir Knicks, the head of the Tristan Knights, showed considerable relief as the Grand Duke and Duchess are more friendly than he has expected. After having a proper chat with Lord Nyx, Astina turned around.

The full-scale joint training was to start from tomorrow, but the luggage was brought first to the accommodation. Watching them unpack their bags is unnecessary. But before she stepped outside, Astina was forced to stop. It was because she found a familiar face in the crowd.

Astina called up a man without hiding her surprise.

"Adolph?"

He was not supposed to see here.

Adolf looked pleased to see Astina. Adolf was the first applicant to raise his hand when they recruited knights to go to the Atalenta Order. Because he knew her as a friend and also as a teacher who married the Grand Duke.

"Surprised, huh?”

Adolf asked back with excitement. However, the joy of meeting a friend of the academy disappeared in less than a minute. This is because Astina stroked her chin as if it were strange to see him.

"You managed to graduate."

She remembered that she had received a notice, saying that he lacked credits to graduate early this year. Of course, he wouldn't graduate on time and she thought he will do in the fall semester, but seeing that he came to Tristan, he must somehow got a diploma.

Adolf pretended to be nauseous as if he was vomiting just by imagining what she was thinking.

"What about it? I almost die during the final exam. Anyway, it's been a while.”

"It's been a while since we've last seen each other."

"Things have changed a lot. It feels strange that you're getting married, should I use honorifics?"

"I'm glad you haven’t changed much, Adolf Vandela is talking about formalities. Just be careful in public."

Theriod, who had added words of encouragement to the knights from afar, approached Astina. This is because it was strange for her to talk to a person who was not the leader of Tristan order for such a long time.

Astina, who noticed Theriod, stepped aside as if to give him space. Then she introduced Adolf to him.

"Your Highness, this is a friend I knew when I was at the Academy. Say hello."

"I’m Adolf Vandela."

Theriod looked at Adolf as if he were wary of him, holding his hands together. The introduction of Adolf as a close friend did not reassure him. The people around Astina, whom Theriod dislikes, were all named her friends.

However, for a moment, Adolf said that he was in the same class as Benjamin, Theriod soon calmed down. Adolf looked too naive to be considered his rivals.

"You are, as it is said, a great handsome man."

Adolf, who had been praising as if he were possessed, belatedly came to his senses and corrected his words.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I was being rude."

"No, you are a peach.”

Theriod accepted the apology in an akward way. Adolf nodded his head as if he were saying, "Beautiful men are also generous." Then he raised his thumb toward Astina.

"I didn't expect you to marry such a great man. I thought you'd live alone for the rest of my life."

"Opportunity is something you have to seize."

Astina blinked lightly as she were replying. Adolf looked back at Theriod's awkward smile and nodded again. Atalenta was definitely a great family, so it was not strange for this conversation to come out, but somehow he did not seem to refer to the family alone.

Ive been flying back and forth so it's a drag cause I dont even have enough supply

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry today update is a bit short, I can't believe we got through 3 books together, hopefully 4 and 5 arent too bleak
    @Trombonerose Raw
    "Anyway, congratulations on your wedding. It's nice to see you like this.”

Adolf didn't have to say the other thing about the Grand Duke' It was not only rude to bring up such a topic in front of the Grand Duke, but he also didn't want to say anything negative in front of his close friend he hadn't seen in a long time. Astina's mouth, when she noticed the fact, had a light smile. Because she sensed the consideration in his change of topic.

Considering Adolf's past, it is also surprising that he entered the Tristani. Tristan was definitely a great family, but they were not very popular among the squire because of Ancelyn decision to accept women. Astina remembered his old self, who was eager to throw the girl with the sword out of her arms.

Astina raised her eyebrows as if she was teasing Adolf.

"But Tristan? That's an unexpected choice."

"The Marquis wanted to recruit me. The conditions were better than anywhere else."

As the graduation period neared, Bellace Academy was crowded with visitors. There was no better place than the academy to look around for highly educated talent. In particular, the martial arts of the swordsman student have more people as families look for new squire. Winning the most outstanding graduates was like getting a trophy. Ancelyn was one of those visitors.

Ancelyn recruited knights by a slightly different standard, which was to spar them herself. It was acceptable because she was the matriarch of the family.

However, it was not a battle to determine their sword skills. What Ancelyn was most interested in was whether her opponent has a problem with her gender. A student who wielded a sword in moderation, calling her a woman, was excluded without mercy. Tristan didn't need anyone who saw a colleague as a woman instead of a swordsman. And by Anthony's standards, Adolf was the most extraordinary graduate of all.

"As You know, I was beaten by a woman while I was in school."

Adolf, who was talking, shrugged his shoulders and made excuses.

Adolf's cautious of Ancelyn’s every moment seemed to be "a little too much" for others. Anyway, for that reason, Ancelyn was very pleased and offered Adolf a high salary. Adolph accepted the offer, obviously delighted. In a way, he got a good job thanks to Astina.

Adolf snapped his fingers as if he had just remembered.

"Oh, I got paid yesterday. Should I buy you a drink?”

"That's ok."

Astina smiled and shook her head. Then she glanced over Adolf's head. The wet hair that has been swept back has been bothering her for a while. Why is he looking like a drowned mouse stranded alone outside when it's not even raining?

"But why are you so wet? Did you get hit by a flood or something?”

"Oh, this?"

Adolf put his hand on his head. The hair strands sticking out forward waver around like antennae. Adolf made an unpleasant voice as he swept it back.

"Oh, Carabella's congregation is crazy. People were passing by and they poured out that expensive holy water or whatever?"

"Oh, same here!"

The squire passing by suddenly intervened in the conversation. He wasn't the only victim. In an instant, testimonies began to pour out from all sides, saying, "You too? Me too."

In general, the story was similar. As they passed the street, the believers burst into anger and poured holy water on them. When baptized, you usually have to feel refreshed, but getting hit by cold water on the road only caused anger. When they complained, the believers went crazy as they said that they had removed the evil spirits from their shoulders. They couldn’t continue to show discomfort in most cases due to the uncomfortable tone of the word "evil".

Adolf complained as if he was full of energy.

"Are you trying to make me to believe in God or dissuade m e? I think the temple is impatient as they are losing believers.”

At Adolf's snort, Astina replied in a insignificant voice.

"Well, I guess it's the latter."

Continued in Volume 4

10. tericoy

tericoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers @Evilnature!:blobsmilehappy:
    This is seriously one of my fav manhwa!

Evilnature likes this.
  11. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    mine too

Sorry ladies can't update today cause I have a meeting in 5hrs and havent prepped yet, hopefully I can up after the meeting but no promises

12. MLisMyHubby

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! Good luck with your meeting! :blob_pompom:

13. Denny

Denny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious, what is your job?

14. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically being a slave to client, boss and another zillions people, Im in export sales. But the meetings was for something personal and closer to my heart,
    As Astina predicted, the situation changed rapidly in one day. A group of priests who were wandering around the square and the nearby roadsides arrested a criminal out of nowhere.

As Carabella's priests caught a passerby based on "evil energy," people sympathized with him, calling them bad guys. Surprisingly, however, the situation took a new turn when the man was found to have been wanted for interrogation. A young chief priest named Dennis, who caught criminals, quickly became a celebrity because of this incident.

After a couple of similar incidents were repeated, even those who said it was a coincidence could not help but lowered their head. And the residents, which is closely related to the "evil energy" of courtesy, was frightened. The crime rate in the capital city fell dramatically, and as a natural result, the popularity of the temple soared. Complaints that had been spreading among people were quickly resolved from that point in time. It was because everyone hold their tongue so as not to be titled heresy.

The emperor decided to make full use of all these changes. Seeing this is also the time when Primo was given the Cup of Successors again, he invited the Pope to the palace. The meeting happens when it was still widespread that his losing the cup was a sign. The emperor decided to washing this incident by a baptismal ceremony. The presence of the Pope and his priests would wipe out the sinister spirit.

Astina was also invited to play the leading role as she had found successor's cup. The cup-giving ceremony was held in the chapel in the palace. It was not a very large space, so relatively few people were invited.

Astina and Theriod entered the chapel dressed in plain white. After the main figures roughly greeted each other, the ceremony began in a timely manner. Astina was the first person to step on the podium.

Nominally, it was also a ceremony to thank the Grand Duchess for visiting the Cup. Astina went through the ceremony of receiving the emperor's tribute in front of everyone. As Astina bent her knees, the emperor recited a long speech he had prepared. He had already rewarded Astina with Waldo's diary, but the emperor also added additional rewards.

The emperor ended with a warm smile.

"On behalf of the Imperial Palace, I give you infinite gratitude."

"It's a great honor, Your Majesty."

Astina, who finished greeting again in a formal manner, stepped back. Now it was time for the Pope to present the cup to Prince Primo.

Astina came down the platform and sat in the chapel. At the other end, the Pope was seen standing up in the front seat. While focusing on the movement, someone came next to Astina and settled down.

"You look divine.”

Astina looked to her left when she heard her voice right next to her. Isis. Theriod also turned to Isis to see if he heard the voice. When Isis nodded at him, Theriod also nodded in respond. Astina looked out on the platform and asked back.

"You mean the ceremony?"

"No, your outfit. White suits you very well. Did the Pope rush you to the top cause of it.

"This color selection is more practical than…….”

"-Oh, Carabella. Forgive us for our sins!"

Astina stopped trying to explain and shut her mouth. It was because the Pope suddenly cried out loud for God. The disturbance around the chapel stopped and a deep silence came. It was fortunate for Astina. She couldn't even sharethe fact that she wanted to match Theriod beast form.
    As he got everyone’s attention, the pope continued in an exasperated tone.

"We have reached the age of heresy. As the days go by, those who believe in God disappear and there is a dark energy all over the capital. That's why our temple is taking action. It has been held every year ahead of the celebration, but this year the situation was even worse. Priests are working both physically and mentally to capture the wicked, but that's not enough."

A deep voice echoed through the chapel. The pope spoke of the unbelievers' sins as if he were heartbroken.

"It's time for all of us to trust. You can no longer stand by the distrust surrounding the capital. In our temple, we will continue to pray and pray to find out the evil who blurs faith."

The Pope ended the long speech and took a long breath. In time, a female voice from the back broke the silence.

"You've got the enough in the temple. What else do you think have that kind of fund just to keep things pretty ?”

"Wouldn't it be a little funny to call people heretical for not making a donation?”

"You'll see. I don't know how things will go. If everyone comes forward and starts making donations, He might not forsake us.”

It was a very secular conversation to build a statue depicting God. Considering the fact that the workers of the castle fought a war to renovate the chapel, it’s not too much to say that the imperial palace opened this place. Even people who were not enthusiastic about their religious life were those who were pushed to the monastery by order.

"I'm here to give God's blessing to the next heir to this country. Every day of the Empire with God’s blessing will surely be in full glory."

After finishing his speech, the Pope turned and stood in front of Primo.

The baptismal ceremony was not as solemn as he thought. The pope poured holy water into the successor's glass and spilled it over Primo's head. All the procedures ended by handing an empty glass to Primo and holding his wet head in a short prayer. There was a blissful look on the faces of those who mimicked the frugality that didn't even fit their appearance. The ladies stood up gracefully, stretching their stiff shoulders. It was time to have a luxurious dinner prepared by the palace.

Isis quietly rose from her seat and stood close to the entrance. She entered the chapel a little late because Isis was the organizer of the event. Because of that, she didn't have time to chat with the nobles before the ceremony began.

Isis, who was greeting a visitor, soon found someone which gave her a happy face.

"Nadia Abelar, the wanderer."

The woman, whose name was called, approached shyly with her head down.

"How have you been, Empress Isis?”

"As far as I know, you're still in the middle of the semester, have you walked all the way here? You didn't quit the academy, did you?

Nadia covered her mouth and laughed at Isis' joke.

"Should I not be present at the honorable place where Your Grace Primo receives his successor's cup? My mother gave me a consent note on my absence.”

"Belache's not flexible enough to do that. But I'm glad you made a timely visit."

Isis, who said so, looked inside the chapel. Primo left the cup with his servant and was seen walking out.

"You’re just in time that my brother's coming out. "You're an unmarried woman, so why don't you go to the table with my brother?"

Nadia's cheeks turned red at Isis's suggestion. It was obvious that she agrees. Isis called Primo in a sweet voice.

"Brother, can I ask you to escort LadyNadia?"

Primo's eyes showed signs of annoyance when he found Nadia standing next to Isis. However, Primo, instead of making hateful noises, quietly reached out to Nadia.

"Long time no see, Lady Nadia."

"Yes, Your Highness, I haven't seen you in a long time."

Nadia carefully placed her hand inside Primo's arm. The two slowly moved away along side each other as they talked. Nadia talk a lot more and Primo answered roughly, but anyway, it was a very pleasant sight for the emperor and empress.

Nadia was scheduled to marry Primo shortly after graduating from Bellache Academy. Nadia, the eldest daughter of Count Abelar, appears to be somewhat lacking in status, but she had a firm position in politics as daughter of the Queen's cousin.

The empress was originally a meritorious retainer who helped the emperor rise to his present position by marrying to the family of Duke Jasperreo. There was this reason why the emperor, who looks down on women, firmly kept the position of the empress while having several women, and pushed Primo, her eldest son, to succeed him.

Count Abelar, who is cousin to the empress, was also a family that gave both financial and manpower to bring the emperor to his present position. Therefore, when Isis mentioned Nadia as Primo's wife, both the emperor and the empress were very satisfied with the decision. As the princess, she had no choice but to welcome Nadia, who had a close relationship with her parents, who could support her, and the emperor was also happy to have his son marries loyal ally. Nadia was welcomed by the entire imperial family and was chosen as Primo's queen. It was a picture-like political marriage without anyone's opposition.

Primo, who is unruly, also accepted his marriage with Nadia. Although he consolidated his position as the closest prince to succession, Primo's real power was far inferior to that of the empress and emperor. Primo was well aware of his limitations. His marriage was set to be decided by his parents.

Of course, it’s not possible to asak him to show enthusiasm for appearance sake. For Primo, having fun with a woman other than Nadia in his bedroom was a completely different matter. Even the Empress couldn't interfere with her son's nighttime. If he didn't insist on pushing Nadia away and using another woman as his bedmate, Primo could continue her debauchery life.

Primo treated Nadia as a suitable shield to keep his parents from nagging. Inside, there was no one who should be detested more than him, but since he was a good looking man, naive Nadia seemed to have taken a liking to her new marriage.

Isis stared at the back of the man and woman who were moving away with cold eyes. Then a short kick of the tongue caught her ears.

"You still have a great talent for ruining the lives of those women who are greedy."

Isis, who naturally looked at that direction, turned surprised. This is because an unexpected person was standing there.

"Belita?"

"Long time no see, sister."

A woman called Belita answered with an enticing smile with her eyes folded.

Belita was Isis's half-sister, who was married the year before last. Belita's younger brother was one of the ambitious men who had been aiming for the throne, but after he died a shitty death, Belita had two options left. Married to a man of low statys, or volunteer to go to a monastery.

Both were horrible, but Belit a chose the former. It's because the Marquis of Bollen has proposed to her. A man 30 years older than her, who offered her a job. Belita noted that Marquis Bollen was a key figure in the capital, although he doesn’t care for it. If she could stay in the capital, she could find another opportunity.

However, Isis rejected the marriage proposal and married Belita to the Selen. The decision was obviously a retaliation that gave a princess to a low rank noble. It was better than going to the convent anyway because she could live outside, but there was no difference in the misery they bring
    In particular, the Selen estate was in a mine area two weeks' horse-riding away from the capital. For Belita, the marriage was an exile. Therefore, Belita must be gritting her teeth at Primo and Isis. How can she fathom participate in the ceremony of awarding the Cup of Successors, even going a long journey to the capital?

Isis did not hide her surprise. Naturally, it was intended to be ironic.

"I didn't expect you."

"Oh, I'm shocked. You're the one who invited me, aren't you?

"Yes, all the other brothers and sisters were absent with all due respect."

Isis hold Belita's shoulder with an affectionate touch and said. She said in a small voice that would not be heard by others. Belita's eyes were shaking. Isis has smile all over her face and said out loud.

"You've had a hard time coming all the way here. I'll invite you to my place. We'll have time to have a cup of tea before you go back hom, right?

It was a reminder that Isis is still in the palace, and Bellita was kicked out to a faraway place. Belita jerked up and answered in a cold manner.

"It would be an honor."

She passed on her heel. Turning her back from Isis, Belita bit her lips with an angry face. The frown between the eyebrows grew deeper and deeper.

You don't think I know who killed my brother? If that cheeky girl wasn't there, Primo would have been...….’

Belita, who was moving fast, stopped when she found Primo ahead. The thought of finding a good prey twisted her mouth. Belita glanced behind to see Isis talking to others. She didn't seem to have time to pay attention to her half-brother who left.

Belita quickly softened her expression. With a beautiful smile around her mouth, she approached Primo without hesitation.

"Long time no see, brother. I'm glad you finally took your successor's cup. Congratulations."

Primo made an obvious impression at Bellita's greeting. Until a few years ago, she was trying to find a way to kill him with his eyes open. Of course, it can't be a pleasure to see him . However, there were many eyes who see his half-sister, who had visited him for the first time in a long time. Primo looked back at Nadia, who had her arms crossed, and said.

"I'll talk to you for a while, so go ahead."

Nadia looked around and left first. Primo, who confirmed that Nadia entered the banquet hall, turned to Belita again.

"So, what's going on?"

"What's the matter? I'm just here to congratulate you."

"I certainly don't have a talent for secretly kill other people with a smile like Isis. But my sister is always careful what she says in front of me, do you know why?"

In other words, Primo slowly placed his hand on the sword caught in his waist. He swept up the search smoothly and continued.

"I'm better at killing in person."

Belita breathed in slowly. It was her obsession that decide to mix words with this vicious man. Belita was more suited to the elegant war of words with Isis.

However, she could not back down without getting anything. Belita decided to become a little more demureto calm Primo. She asked back provocatively without losing her relaxed attitude.

"Well, I don't know if Isis is really careful about what she says in front of her brother, or is she making a mockery of you?"

"You'd better watch your mouth. It was Isis's faithfulness that drove you out of the palace.”

"Of course Isis had to oust me. That way she can offer her brother the throne. No, would it be to herself?”

"There's no limit to your cheekiness once you leave it alone. Are you finally crazy after living in the countryside?"

"Oh, my God. Does my brother really think Isis will only stay as an advisor?”
    Belita gave a big laugh as if it was funny. The eyes of those who were passing by them naturally were focused on them. Belita took one step closer to Primo. She whispered in a small voice that would not be heard by anyone else.

"You'll see. Isis will wield her brother to fulfill all her wishes."

She lowered her gaze and looked at Primo's waist. It was where his sword hung.

"Even if Isis causes trouble, will you be able to pull out the sword in time?"”

Primo shot Belita with eyes filled with pure hostility. But Belita did not show signs of abating. She spotted of a deep smile as I lifted her eyelashes.

"Let me make a prediction. When you get an empire, it will not belong to you."

Because it was a story that should not leak, the gap between the two was narrow and the voice was infinitely secretive. Belita's eyes glistened like a mirror reflecting the truth.

Primo looked into Bellita's eyes for a moment. He was able to read her intentions without difficulty. This is a kind of temptation. Belita was playing tricks on the rare jewel he was holding, calling her a fake.

Primo just burst out laughing. Primo and Belita were brothers and sisters, but they never shared any affection for each other. Even Isis, a blood sister, was only his pawn. Belita, who fought over the throne, was treated even worse.

Is there anything more absurd than being caught up in the words of the enemy and abandoning a faithful follower?

It is a vicious curse of those who bow down after losing the fight. They weren’t worth reconsidering. Primo's mouth was full of laughter.

"It's a joke…""If you thought there would be such a thing as betrayal, you would be wrong."

Belita's fingertips wriggled nervously. She narrowed her eyes as if she were calm.

"You don't seem to believe me.

"If I'm swayed by what you say, shouldn't I doubt my own wit? If that day comes, you'll have a chance to get the throne, too.

"I'm out of resource now. Is there anything else I can do to overthrow you with your brother's cup of succession in hand? I only know that when there are other forces wielding the king, the nation becomes dizzy."

Belita raised her chin proudly. Her height was definitely inferior than that of Primo, but her self-esteem was not smaller than anyon. Belita formed a mask with a relaxed smile.

"I only wanted the best for the country. Think about it."

Belita knew when to hit and leave. There had been enough clues left to shake Primo. Adding more words will only have adverse effects. Belita stepped out of the room before Primo was left with a dazed face. She had no doubt that Primo would move at her will. A shallow crack created by Belita will widen the gap between the two whenever a small suspicion arises.

What Belita overlooked was the fact that she no longer lived in the imperial palace, and that she had only minimal power compared to before. Primo's hideous gaze reached her neck. Primo recited in a dreary tone.

"That cheeky thing...… she got married , and she still thinks she’s a high-powered woman."

It wasn't because Primo was particularly merciful that when Belita's brother she wasn’t taken care of too. It's just that she wasn't worth killing.

The out-of-towner standing behind Belita was Jasper, and now he was barely maintaining his reputation. It has been a fight so long it is annoying to step on and kill bugs. However, what he didn't remember just shows up and remind him of the leftover jobs.

"Felix."

Primo called his own knight with an eerie pitch. There was a thick restraint in the low voice so that no one else could hear it. The man standing behind him bowed his head as if to be honored.

"Yes, Your Grace."

"When Belita leaves the capital, put a man behind her. Her carriage should not reach Selen's estate."

The emperor inviting the Pope to the imperial palace event also caused a stir among the residents. The temple has always stepped back from royal fights. The imperial palace had always ruled out priests as supporters, fearing that God's authority would exceed the imperial family. However, this time, the Pope will play an important role in handing over the cup of successor to the prince. This was a sacred story in the eyes of the general public, but it became an indicator of power fluctuation for the aristocracy.

Before Martina unified the continent, the temples that were spread throughout the country had a powerful influence in each town. The nobles did not work, so they had plenty of time to learn about the past. They remembered the dull history of burning people under the pretext of religion. Everyone was nervous about the prediction that the forgotten appearance of God may change the game of politics.

If the imperial palace and the temple planned to unite, what they had to do in the future was clear. It was to play a faithful believer. This change was not just among the ruling class. The Pope's "justice" was not unbiased. There was room for different interpretations .

The number of people attending the service increased day by day whenever the church caught someone, saying they were suspicious, and the palace condoned the fact. The pouring donations were incomparable to the past. In such untimely boom, the believers would scream of joy, but their joy would not have been comparable to the inner cries of the nobles who were forced to appear in boring services.

"There should be no people here...….”

Astina looked out the window of the carriage and murmured to herself. Theriod completely removed the black curtain covering the window. This is because the gap between two fingers could not tell him what she was looking at.

Outside, priests who were treated as VIPs were praying. Theriod asked back with curious eyes at the scene that was no different from usual.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think there are priests everywhere. As expected..."

"That they made a stupid choice?”

Astina burst into laughter at the joke that Theriod suddenly gave. She lifted her eyebrows with a playfulness around her mouth.

"What’s with that statement, blasphemy?"

"For my wife, it's not a big deal even to say it on the street."

"Don't say weird things in that outfit. It's oddly realistic."

Astina raised her finger and pointed out his appearance.

Theriod looked quite different from usual. The pretty silver hair was not completely covered with a hood, and Grand Duke, who chose a large ensemble, looked like he borrowed other people's clothes. The old shoes were about to fall off the soles. They were obviosly of poor quality. No matter how well a person look, it was hard to act like an aristocrat in that.

Theriod looked down at his clothes and asked back with a awkward face.

"Doesn't it suit me?”

Astina responded seriously, covering her chin with her right hand.

"It's a bit of a shame because it's like covering the beauty of the Grand Duke."

"My wife is beautiful regardless of her clothes."

Despite Astina's harsh evaluation, Theriod smiled positively. His eyes were overflowing with affection. Astina slipped away from Theriod's grasp. It wasn't that she hated his praise, but it wasn't a good comeback to her mocking.

The carriage slowed down just in time. The sound of the horse's feet slowly muted, followed by the horseman's arrival. Theriod and Astina quickly separated their lips.

The arrival was a two-story, ordinary building. The size of the place was even more ridiculous up close. They stand by the window that was full of junk such as plates and old pendant.

Astina and Theriod stepped on the chin that led to the building. As they pushed the handle in, a refreshing doorbell rang. The sound raised the head of the woman who was wiping the teacup with a dry towel inside. She entertained in a friendly manner.

"Hello, ma'am. Is there anything you're looking for?"

There were surprisingly many people inside. In the corner, a child holding his mother's hand was clamoring for a horse toy made of wood. Astina passed them like a stream to the front of the counter. Astina asked with a smooth smile.

"Can you show me the Whipple that Mrs. Cowell made popular?”

"Oh, my God. You mean secondhand goods, right?”

"Yes, because vintage products have different looks."

"You've come to the right place. Clothes are stored upstairs, so can you follow him? Please take her to the second floor.”

As soon as she was wondered why there were no stairs in the store, the clerk guided the two to the door in the corner. As soon as they entered it, they saw stairs leading to the upper floor and underground. The clerk closed the door so that it was invisible to other customers, and pointed out the palm of his hand downstairs. Hee made a very secretive voice, unlike in the store.

"You can go down this way."

Astina followed her down the stairs to the basement. Following Astina's back, Theriod asked as if he was curious.

"How did you know of this place?”

"Oliver tipped me off.”

"Are you saying he's been in and out of all these places?"

Theriod laughed as if he were dumbfounded. It is a black market introduced by a hard-faced butler who does not allow any misdemeanor. Theriod could not imagine Oliver reciting a secret code to the clerk.

Astina straightened her back and answered.

"Our competent butler says that if you don't know the marketplace of darkness, you'll never be able to manage the aristocracy.”

"A kind of necessary evil?”

"It's something that would have happened anyway, so it's easier to just gather information and fix when it's already happened."

The constructor seemed to have dug quite deep underground considering the purpose of the building. Finally, the long stairs ended and a solid iron door was in vision. The clerk opened the door with a key on his waist and stepped back. When they stepped inside, the atmosphere changed in an instant. Unlike the plainly decorated ground floor, the basement was covered with colorful wallpaper and was much larger.

Astina slowly looked around the valuable things piled up inside with her lazy eyes. In front of her, a man dressed in a nice suit stepped up. He bowed his back and gave an exaggerated example.

"You've arrived safely. What are you here to save? A rare treasure? Portrait of an ancient king, or a vessel used in the royal family of the past? Whatever you're looking for--"

"I should taalk. If I let you talk in vain, you won’t stop."

Astina's cold words slowly hardened the mouth of the man who was smiling. Astina spoke as if she were giving notice.

"Get everything from Atalenta's warehouse."

It was time to retrieve Atalenta's treasures, which were sold by the deities when Theriod was absent.

The items from Atalenta's treasury had been circulating among vendors and reaching the black market in the capital. What they visited today was the largest store that deals with such stolen goods. Even if the items were sold out on the way or acquired from other businesses, most would have flocked here anyway.

"Yes…?"

The man who didn't understand Astina asked back with a dazed face. Astina walked to the center waving her hand. In the middle of the room, there was a table to serve guests. Astina and Theriod sat down naturally.

When Astina clapped her chin, Theriod casually took off the hood. Exactly as intended, Theriod's silver hair poured out like waves. The man gulped in his breath.

Silver hair is never common. And as long as he had been dealing with the nobles, he could easily get this and that rumor. For example, how beautiful Grand Duke is and how shiny his silvery hair is.

A silver-haired man, a woman of strength, and the treasure of the Grand Duchy they seek. What the facts said was clear. Their humble apparel was only carmouflage

The man came running and stood in front of the Grand Duke and Duchess. He began to gibberish, sweating.

"We're, uh...….”

"Handling stolen goods from the treasury of a great family. That's a lot of courage, owner."

Astina's snorting made the man's face whiter. He have already heard that Atalenta's familiars, who committed corruption, were destroyed. The man had been trying to wiping his mind all this time, even though he was afraid that the fierce hand of the Grand Dukes would fly all the way here.

But he can't believe it's become a reality. If they treated aristocratic familiars so harshly, how much more viciously would the commoner himself be treated?

Of course, the man ran a black market and was protected by various nobles. However, of course, they were not a match for Atalenta. If they starts a fight with the Grand Duchy, they will deny their involvement. And it went without saying that the responsibility would fall onto him who runs the business himself.

It was wrong to think that there would be no harm in saying that the Grand Duke became an animal. Usually, he would not take out one or two points without reselling them, but what he took over was almost all the storage he had. This is not easy to let go of. The image of himself, who took over the goods with joy and joy at the thought of being able to sell them back at a high price, came to mind like a flashlight. The man felt like he wanted to go back and punch himself in the face.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  15. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Made some minor changes to the edit of c16p1, the last 2 paragraphs

Denny likes this.
  16. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to make these spoilers a bit longer cause I'm having chaos this week and might not update as regularly
    rraw: @Trombonerose
    He fell to his knees immediately with a pale face.

Because he didn’t expect this situation, the merchant could hardly come up with a plausible response. Astina clarified their purpose to him.

"His Highness and I want to be clear. Getting back everything our household gods stole. Instead, we'll return all the money you've paid them."

The man sighed inwardly at the reasonable request. The Grand Duchess seemed to have a weak temper, and there was no intention of seeing blood. As soon as he was guaranteed safety, the man began to roll his eyes quickly. If the Grand Duchess does not intend to use force, he might have some advantage.
    Naturally, the man had to get more than what he had paid the familiars to acquire the goods. It was natural for merchants to spend a lot of money to transport them to the capital, and it also helped to raise the value of the product. Not to mention the time spent preparing for the sale. He didn't pay money only when he got the goods. Can they tell if he adds more?

"Your Highness the Great...….”

It was when the man opened his mouth carefully with such calculations that the Grand Duke cut in with an annoyed look.

"My wife is too merciful. I wanted to slaughter these petty thieves right away. No, but I don't think it's going to be enough."

The man quickly shut his mouth. His back began to drench with cold sweat again. He lowered his head near the floor again. Astina turned to Theriod.

Astina frowned, as if begging Theriod.

"Your Grace, for my sake, please find mercy in your heart. What are they even guilty of?"

Of course, the number of sins committed was too high. But Astina's tongue rolled smoothly, regardless of the truth. Astina said with a gentle voice.

"It’s enough to get the family’s treasure back. With the Grand Duke back in shape, I can’t ask for more"

Theriod stared at Astina, looking moved. Then he nodded admirably.

"As expected, my wife is kind-hearted."

Theriod, who said so, turned straight to the merchant. A cold voice came toward the merchant, which was different from the one directed at his wife.

"Did you hear that? I want to cut you down and hang you on the street right now, but this time, I'm going to let it go for her sake."

"Yes, oh, I know! I don't know what I..."

"I don't have much patience. I won’t hold the stupid act of stealing against you. Of course, if you want to see three generations of your family executed, you may try something similarly stupid.”

Theriod pulled up the corners of his mouth in a crooked manner. The man glanced up at the Grand Duke, and immediately turned his eyes back on the floor. The merchant's hands were shaking before he knew it.

Although Atalenta's Masters are famous for their gentle nature, but he is also an aristocratic man. And men also knew how cruel the aristocrats could be. With a hint of complete subduedness, Theriod nodded as if he was annoyed.

"Okay, then bring them out."

It was a great finish. Perhaps because he had already worked together once, his acting was much more natural than before. The man jumped out of his seat and ran into the warehouse without delay. Astina watched the scene with a satisfied face.

It was a bit of a shame to buy back what they originally owned, but she couldn't leave the empty warehouse alone. It was good to be as merciful as possible to get everything back.

There was no limit to the number of treasures sneaked out of the warehouse. If they severely reprimand this merchant, they may get the goods back without spending right now, but it will be harder to find other artifacts. Merchants would hide the goods even more to avoid bankruptcy.

"That's all."

The man used all the manpower in the store to pull out all Atalenta's belongings. The Grand Duke and Duchess, who did not know exactly what and how much they had stolen, were shocked of the volume. Besides, this isn't even everything.

Theriod felt deep anger from the bottom of his heart. Even before the disease was revealed, he was surrounded by traitors who would rob his family blind. Theriod muttered uncharacteristically and brutally.

"I should have ripped them all up...….”

"………that’s a bit much."
    Astina, who tried to punish them as lightly as possible because she didn't want to overwork, replied with a stiff face.

Astina got up from her seat and carefully check the tower of stolen goods. Then, they picked the ones that were not in good storage conditions among the pile

"Put these in the wagon we've been on. It's not in good condition, so I'd like to transfer it myself.”

The merchant who was worried that he might be arrested saying that the damage was caused by storage at the store opened his eyes wide. He shook his head in great embarrassment. Then he shouted with an eager face.

"Huh? No, we can deliver it to you. We'll do our best to make sure they don't get any scratches!"

It was a struggle of small citizens who did not want to be slaughtered by the Grand DUchy. But Astina squinted as if she were unsatisfied.

" I just said I would be moving it myself."

"Oh...! Yeah! What are you doing standing there like a fool? Hurry up and load it in the carriage!

The merchant realized he was being tactless. At his beckoning, workers hurriedly began to transport goods. Astina nodded with a satisfied look.

"Take the rest of the goods to the Grand Duchy in Atalenta."

"Oh, then the shipping cost...….”

"What shipping cost?"

Theriod, who was still sitting cross-legged in the back, asked back with a surprised voice. The man immediately smiled as loud as he could get a twitch in his face.

"Of course it's on us.”

"Okay, then I'll trust you.”

The man swallowed his tears and saw off the Grand Duke and his wife. Instead of opening the door through the stairs, he opened his eyes wide. It was because he thought he couldn't die alone like this. If he were a loyal man, he wouldn't have survived in the line of work in the first place. The man did not hesitate to tell on his colleagues.

"Well, if there's anything else you're looking for, I'll put in a list of other vendors. I know a shop that handles paintings, and I heard that they have some portraits of the Atalenta family."

"Okay, I'll visit them”.

Astina nodded with a satisfied look. Then she added, wrinking her nose.

"But you'll have to keep it a secret to those who don't. As you know, it's not very pleasant for the family to wander outside. No, it's rather a great insult."

"Of course I will."

The man vowed never to spread the rumor even if his mouth was torn.

Theriod and Astina left the store leisurely and boarded the wagon they had parked next to the building. Unlike when they arrived here, the horses were walking more slowly. The trip up the couple morale.
    Astina looked admiringly over to Theriod. She felt it in Belua, but her husband was quite talented in acting. While Hisen's clumsy steps were still noticeable, didn't the Grand Duke show a plausible upstanding man performance then? Now that they’ve grown closer, it was clear to be an act

"Your acting is getting better."

"I think it's thanks to a great teacher...….”

Theriod replied with a slight sense of shame. It was a very efficient way, but he couldn't help but feel strange on my way back. Thanks to the performance, they have recovered the items without much trouble, so should he says it's a relief?

Theriod rest his arm to the window and put his chin on it. His wife, who looked younger than him, has unfortunately an stern expression. Maybe that's why hes often forget her age. Looking at the dark green eyes filled with experience, he felt like he was falling into them.

Theriod grinned at Astina's age.

"I think you could have been an actor."

"People do all sorts of acting in their lives."

Astina answered casually. People often imitate emotions and different reactions. She didn't think it was that special.

"Yes, that's exactly what you would say."

At Theriod's remark, Astina looked up and looked at him.

But the carriage stopped before she opened her mouth. Although it was not very exciting because it was just a passerby, it was a rather sudden stop. Given that the surrounding area is not noisy, why did the carriage stop when it seems that the block was insignificant?

The answer was soon readily apparent.

"Why don't you listen to God for a moment?"

"There's no time to lose on the road."

"Uh, where else do you have to go that is more important than getting God's message?"

"No, these people......even if it’s the end of the month!"

The sound of the priests scuffling with the horseman was clearly heard over the body. Astina rolled up the curtains and looked out the window. Despite the coach's repeated refusal, the priests surrounded the wagon. Among them, the man who seemed to have the highest status approached the door. Astina brought her face close to the window.

Strange green eyes and met through the small gap.

But the man turned away as if he had seen nothing and left a knock. Astina left the curtain and looked back at the Theriod. When she gave him a small nod, Theriod wrapped his head and face in the long hood. Astina also covered her face and pulled the doorknob.

Astina calmly opened the door and asked.

"What's the matter?"

"Hello, my name is Dennis Jordan, the head priest."

The man who introduced his name gave a gentle smile. His appearance seemed very much a faithful subordinate to God.

"You're priest Denise."

Astina replied in a surprised voice. Dennis Jordan was a name that became very famous in the capital for capturing criminals with his divine power. He lowered his head as if he was ashamed of being human.

"Do you know me?"

"Amen. Why did the priests stop us here?"

"I felt an ominous energy in this carriage, so I was worried and disturbed my way out. May I take a look at this carriage for a moment?"

Astina stared at Dennis the Divine Spirit. She replied in a different way than just now.

"There’s no problem, but we're busy on our way. I'll visit the temple later."

"But I feel something very unusual...… is there any reason why I shouldn't look at it?"

Dennis asked back, raising his voice as if to show his regretfulness. His eyes reached Theriod inside the carriage then fell off.

Astina turned her eyes and looked at the front and back of the carriage. The priests who surrounded them were not likely to move at all. The search could not be avoided while the road was completely blocked. Even though their tone was friendly, everyone knew that it was a command, not a suggestion.

Astina squinted and left a short permission.

"Hurry up, please."

A satisfactory smile came to Dennis's lips. He left instructions for the priests to examine the load on the wagon. The priests quickly climb up as if they had waited. Old items from the black market were showing up one after another.

Astina got off the carriage because she couldn't see it. She crossed her arms and asked.

"Is there a problem?"

"I don't know what the problem is yet, but...… you seem to be out of sorts."

Denise replied with a serious expression. He didn't miss Astina's raising eyebrows. Denise asked, twisting the corners of his mouth.

"Where did you buy these items?"

It is certainly a disgrace that the family's treasure, which is supposed to be at the Grand Duke's residence, is wandering outside.

"………It's so old that I've been asked to dispose of it."

As Astina avoided eye contact, Dennis Shingwan's smile deepened. He got close to the open objects and began to look closely. He pointed to himself as the oldest and dirtiest of all.

"This is probably the source of the dark energy."

"I only see ordinary pottery.”

Astina replied with a curt voice. Dennis Shingwan cleared his throat once and pretended to be calm.

"If you don't have the divine power, you may not know. But it's true that it's a very dangerous item. If it's something you're going to dispose of anyway, can I get it delivered to the church? I think we'd better destroy it because they are in bad shape."

Astina's eyebrows wiggled. But she soon gave her permission as if it were nothing.

"You’re a great man who can distinguish the wicked, so you’re probably right. Go ahead."

"Yes, you can go now."

Dennis the Divine Officer asked again as if he had just remembered.

"Oh, what's your name and residence?"

"……This is Rosé Anderson. He lives near the square."

"Yes, Mrs. Anderson. I'll come back to you if there's a problem later. Then God's speed!"

Priest Dennis makes the sign of the cross and left with a cheerful goodbye. Astina didn't answer back and got on the wagon. Just as Dennis grazed her, she had a very stiff face.

The carriage moved away from the priests as if nothing had happened. But something really happened.

Dennis looked at the stuffs he took over. He then muttered in a mocking tone.

"Mrs.Anderson, what lie...….”

Then the apprentice priest, who was watching from the side, intervened.

"Do you really feel the sinister spirit here, priest?"

"How dare you doubt my divine power?"

Dennis immediately gave a grim look. Surprised by the fierce response, the apprentice priest was bitten. The same fact that he was also in the church doesn’t change the difference between Dennis’ status and his. It's hard to get the title of chief priest at such a young age as Dennis did.

Dennis' quick promotion was very unusual. Dennis was a great man who was rumored to have divine power in the temple. In ancient times, the power of God may actually exist in the world, but it has long been a rumour of the past that cannot be found in the present. In a generation where even the pope, who becomes the leader, has no power to create miracles, Dennis was ceremonially blessed by God.

Whether it was just a false rumor, Dennis would soon match people's praise. Considering his ability, he felt that he deserved the status of a chief priest.

Dennis also had a knack for politics, so he was able to achieve an early achievement that was rare in a situation where it was difficult to shine with his ability alone. Most of the superiors liked Dennis, who was very friendly. Naturally, Dennis had a great presence in the church. Although he was a prodigy, and though he had not yet risen to the rank of vicar, most of the congregation thought of Dennis as the next pope.

However, contrary to the popular belief that he was a faithful believer, it was his ambition, not God's will, that moves Denise. If he truly believed in God, he wouldn't have set up this stage to frame the Grand Duke and Duchess.

'I don't know what's so powerful about this pottery.'

Denise laughed and handed over the object to the person next to him. The apprentice priest, who suddenly accepted it, faltered back.

Denise's standing on this road today was staged. The beginning of his doubt was that Princess Isis picked up the area and said, "You don't have to look here." Denise, who was suspicious of this, immediately changed his schedule and changed the venue for the purification ceremony.

From the morning, he kept an eye on the city all along under a facade of searching for witchcraft. At that time, a black carriage that secretly escaped from the mansion today arrived here. Dennis, who secretly posted surveillance, was briefed on the destination of the Grand Duke and his wife and then called for a good news.

Dennis was also good at entertaining his superiors, so of course he knew the location of many black markets. No matter what purpose the Grand Duke and Duchess walked to the black market and bought expensive stolen goods, the behavior would not be interpreted very well in public.

Dennis' first capture of a criminal was nothing more than a fabricated incident. If he fabricates that this antique contains the power of a vicious curse, who will refute it?

Dennis suddenly felt troubled as he stroked his chin.

"But why would Princess Isis want to cover up the scandal of the Grand Duke and Duchess?’

Dennis was on the same side as Isis in that he was a member of Primo's force, but their intentions were clearly different. Isis was a troublesome opponent for Dennis, who wanted to achieve a lot by manipulating the idiot prince.

Her command often interfered with what Dennis was trying to do. Denise's representation was in the interests of the temple, and Isis wasn't. But Primo, the source of power, trusted his sister the most, and Dennis was furious.

For a long time, Dennis had been fiercely looking to find fault with Isis. She's got an extraordinary mind, but he doesn’t like Isis.

In fact, Isis's order was definitely suspicious. Primo apparently said he wanted to undermine the Grand Duchess. However, the princess was blindsiding them so that Dennis could miss the opportunity to get evidence. The capture of Atalenta's disgrace in the place where the Princess told him not to go proved her change of heart.

Denise smiled sharply at the thought that he might have found a great clue.

17. MLisMyHubby

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate this Dennis guy! :blobangery:Die! :blobhero:

18. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    The source of evil come fron the holiest place :blobconfused:

19. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    raw:trombonerose
    The next day, Dennis visited the palace early in the morning. There was no reason to delay making a move when the game is already set. Thinking that he would get credit for finding Isis weakness, Dennis stepped into the prince's room gleefully. Sure enough, Primo was very happy to hear that he had a new discovery.

Political conflict is not an area where words such as "same sides" have meaning. If there was a clue that could undermine any opponent, you had to make use of it. Even when it’s not true. Once rumours are spread to ruin one’s reputation, no matter how plausible their explanation was, they will lose. What a strange antique I found on the black market. There would be no better opening than that.
    In addition, Dennis didn’t only see the Grand Duchess. The man who hid behind the Grand Duchess and did not come out all that time is Theriod van Atalenta. The characteristic silver hair and the entire body were covered, but his beautiful blue eyes could not be hidden.

Although he is known to be a devoted husband, he is more precious than his wife. His support is also important after the Grand Duchess cured his illness. It would be a satisfactory ending for both sides if the temple strengthened its solidarity with the royal family and the royal family cut ties with the Grand Duchy
    After finishing the story, Dennis carefully brought up another story, looking at Primo's eyes.

"But how is she doing, Your Grace, Isis?”

Primo held a glass of liquor and shook his head.

He’s been drinking hard whiskey since the morning. A strong smell of alcohol came out nearby, but Dennis didn't show it.

As he has diligently empty the glass ever since Dennis started talking, Primo's eyes toward Denise were drenched with drunkenness. Primo asked back as if he was bothered.

"Why are you asking that?"

"……Your Highness doesn't like to waste time, so I'll get to the point. I think you should be a little cautious toward Isis. I'm suspicious of her behavior."

"What?"

Primo only then began to focus on the story. It wasn't long after Bellita badmouthed Isis and left a warning to Primo. Belita's words are not worth hearing. But things are different when it comes from his right hand man

Primo raised his chin and demanded an explanation.

"Tell me."

"It’s about What I've obtained in a residential area near the square. And His Highness Isis told me the previous day not to go near the area. Do you understand what I mean?”

"You're saying Isis might be planning something else without me knowing?"

"Yes, Your Grace Isis was plotting to turn the Grand Duchess into a witch, but she was blocking me from getting any possible evidence."

Dennis thought it was Isis cheating on her rival, him, to take the credit, but she didn't even tell Primo about it.

As he thought, the truthfulness of an accusation is not important. Even if Isis said not to go to the area by coincidence, it had nothing to do with Dennis.

"Do you have any idea why her Highness Isis gave such orders?”

"How do I know what's in her head? Even the mother who carried her for ten months doesn't know."

Primo replied as if he were displeased. Dennis didn't panic and got to the point.

"Yes, that's what worries me the most. No matter what her Highness Isis thinks, we don't know. Isn’t Isis always tie up her political opponents without them knowing? What happens if she changes her target? I don't think that's a very shield to keep."

“…….”

"Her Highness, Isis, is not trustworthy. You should know that the two of you have different ways of thinking”

Denise's serious voice was cut off by the rustling sound. Denise looked up sharply instead of talking.

"……Is there someone else here?"

Primo casually turned his eyes and looked over the bed. Agata, who was in bed with Primo last night, seemed to have just woken up.

Primo shrugged as if it were nothing.

"She doesn’t know anything."

Dennis's face darkened.

Certainly, a woman who only tries to gain favors from the prince can’t make trouble, but it was better to have as few people know as possible to maintain confidentiality. He didn't like the fact that an important story leaked out.

However, Dennis could not blame Primo. Dennis sighed and rose from his seat.

"Think carefully about my story, Your Grace. Isis knows too much."

"Okay."

Primo replied with an annoyed attitude. Was it not enough to create suspicions about Isis, his sister? Denise did not add anything more, as it would not make any difference. He bowed politely to the prince and left the room.

Dennis left, and silence came to the room. Primo took off his robe and went back to bed. When he remove the blanket, he immediately saw an attractive nude woman. Primo naturally wrap his hand around Agatha's hip.

But his move was soon stopped. It was because Agata turned back and hit Primo's hand in the back. Primo asked with a smile on his face to face.

"Have you heard?”

Agatha gets up. She glared at Primo with a long face. Her voice got sharp.

"I don't know anything?”

"You weren't sleeping."

"Yes, thanks to you."

Agata didn't remove her blunt attitude as if she didn't like the sound of "a girl who knows nothing." She sarcastically looked offended.

"If I didn't know anything, I wouldn't have understood what you two were saying. But what should I do? I understand everything."

It was a cheeky attitude, but Primo was not very displeased. Agatha was a mistress lies underneath him, and she was able to complain to him in a cute way. No matter how angry she was, Agatha had to tremble at every move he makes. Therefore, Primo only raised the corners of his mouth at her chieekiness
    "So, what did you think of what Dennis said? What am I supposed to do with Isis."

Agatha was lost in thought for a moment. It was so cute to see her rolling her head. Primo lay down on the bed and stared at Agatha. She made a serious voice while touching her temple.

"Your Grace, do you really want to deal with Isis?”

"What? You're saying that, too?"

Primo laughed as if he were dumbfounded. However, it was true that he was shaken when everyone he met poured out bad words about Isis. Primo listened to Agatha without revealing his agitation.

"Yes, I think it's better to do what the priest says."

"Tell me why. Why?"

"Your Highness Isis is a great woman, but...… I think it's like a double-edged sword. To tell you the truth, isn't it more common for those who follow you to have a private relationship with the Empress? They can report to you immediately, but they will eventually go through Isis."

The words touched Primo's pride. Primo frowned as if he were displeased. Agatha reached out her hand and relaxed his wrinkled forehead.

"This is very insulting. If you ascend to the throne, you will look like Isis's regent.”

"Sweetie, that's not fair..."

"Your Highness, don't be angry and think objectively. "Isn't this palace yours right now?"

Agatha quickly blocked the sudden increase in the voice of the prince. Primo stopped talking. Then he soon became lost in deep thought.

Agatha's words were not wrong. Isis was the main host of important events in the imperial palace, and isis was in charge of eliminating targets. It was Isis's decision to find the marriage with Nadia so that Primo could gain the favor of the Emperor couple, and even the clothes Primo wore went through his younger sister’s check. Primo only made the final decision as the head of the group.

Primo suddenly realized that the situation was very wrong.

"Your Highness, if It goes on like this, her Highness Isis will be in charge of the palace even when it is yours."

Recognizing his hesitation, Agata made a cry as if she were whining. Primo swept Agatha's hair still. Apart from his friendly behavior, his heads were calculating.

'Something trivial, are you saying she will be sitting in my seat?’

Primo had never thought of keeping Agatha. If he became an emperor, she could only be kept as a bedmaid, but Primo himself could not confirm whether he would still be interested in her till that moment.

For Primo, Agatha was just a toy to enjoy. You can't abandon your family for a stupid woman whose face and body are everything she has, can you?

Although Nadia was not a woman of great pleasure for Primo, the imperial marriage was not decided by personal feeling. However, Agatha seemed to think that she might be the future empress because of all the favor she is receiving now. It was a silly idea, so Primo thought she was cute.

Primo mumbled proudly.

"Hmm, Isis, I think that girl keeps looking down at her brother. Cheeky.”

The eyes of Isis, who looked at him as pathetic when he talked about a scheme to frame the Grand Duchess as a witch last time, could not be forgotten. Isis had already handled all the support that could keep Primo in power. After killing Atalenta's power with this incident, Isis was sure to turn into a troublesome nag.

What Belita said last time was just a wedge, but objectively, it was true that Isis is the most threatening opponentto Primo now. As everyone said, whatever strategy she were planning in her small heads, Primo had no way of knowing.

Primo was lost in thought.

"Atalenta and Isis...I think we can combine the two and make an interesting edition...….”

In time, Agata stepped in with her eyes sparkling.

"Your Grace, if you're going to handle the Grand Duchess anyway, why don't you use Isis power as you said?”

"How can we do that?"

"Let’s poison her Highness Isis."

"Poison?"

Primo showed some reluctance to the idea. Because he tried to kill Isis's friends, but he never meant to kill her. No matter what, she was his only sister, and there were too many things he had to trample without mercy.

But Agatha snorted.

"What else can we do to deal with Isis? If you don't want to be overturned by the usurper, you have to be sure. Do you think Isis will leave you alone and lose your position?"

It made sense. Isis had a keen sense of strategy, enough to harm himself. It is said that it is necessary to kill the dog after the hunt. Anyone can beetray.

Primo has been familiar with how Isis remove their opponents in silence. He doesn't know how, but he didn't think his sister would deal with the traitor in a very pleasant way.

"That's true. I don't have enough wits to go against Isis."

"Don't be afraid to weed out a bud of trouble. And isn't the trick of framing the Grand Duchess as a witch actually a blank shot? It sounds ominous, but there's no direct harm done to anyone. We can some gossip about Atalenta, but that's it.

"That's not what Isis should do. Isis doesn’t do anything just because. She probably has everything calculated in mind."

Public opinion can be bad, but it was difficult to push the Duchy alone. It was a terrible headache to calculate all the variables and manipulate the situation delicately in a situation where the opponent's power is toogreat. It will only be possible to deal with it clearly if you put a lot of effort into it.

But, Primo did not know exactly what Isis calculated and planned. This is because never even ask for an explanation because he thought his sister would take care of it. Primo, who had only given approval without cheking all along, was very annoyed by this situation where he had to come up with a plan on his own.

Isis was capable, and Primo had given her all his troubles. He has slowly eroded into the convenience Isis has offered over the past few years. It was also true that it was a little overwhelming to think that everything should be handled alone in the future.

When Primo didn't look like he will be convinced easily, Agata grabbed his arm and shook it.

"C’mon, Your Grace. Why do you think you can't do what her Highness Isis can do? That's the real bad influence of Isis on you. You're reducing yourself. Why are you so insecure?"

"Me? Insecure?"

Primo asked again as if his pride was hurt. Agatha also pouted her lips. Then an enticing smile came to Agata's mouth.

"Or show me your grandeur. Besides, when did I tell you to shake up public opinion? There's a much easier way."

"What the hell am I supposed to do?"

"As I said before, feed His Majesty Isis a poisoned cup. And it would be simple if you frame it as the Grand Duchess’ doing."

Agatha whispered a trick secretly. Primo's eyes got goosebumps without realizing it, but he dismissed it as a simple feeling. This is because he didn't want to admit that he was shocked by the woman's words.

"If that rumour is spread, there's no going backt, isn't there? No one would doubt that the real culprit isn’t the Grand Duchess."

Primo soon recalls the memory of a small woman he had decided to get rid of. Belita would be very happy to follow the instructions to remove Isis. Rather than planning a chariot rollover accident and getting rid of it, it would not be bad to use her as a throwaway card.

After a little silence, Primo eventually nodded.

"As expected, you are wonderful."

A bright smile came to Agata's face. Between the attractive white teeth, the shape of the exposed fangs was particularly sharp.

20. MLisMyHubby

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't agatha a subordinate of Isis?