Spoiler The Goal is to Become a Gold Spoon so I Need to be Completely Invulnerable

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Ltbeast

Ltbeast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah considering when ML was injured by her brother he had 0 idea about who he was to MC so he can't be realy blamed on that part, but considering that the only time MC brother helped her and trusted her is after all the dangerous trips and after she collected the evidence from all over the place is quite sad when in the story was talked how MC brother always cared for MC and etc.

Rin.rinaaa, ARTEMI5 and AnimeHuntress like this.
  2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the previous chapter MC's brother has almost won in the one on one battle with the Demon Prince and asked what is his relationship with his sister because the brooch she was wearing had the same energy as him. Demon Prince haven't answered and his aide has appeared just in time and helped him to escape with the help of magic.
    At the same time MC has came to the 2nd ML's guild (2nd ML is the Marquess who runs an intelligence guild) and asks him to find the Demon Prince. The 2nd ML is surprised and says that there's already the same request from the royal family. MC says she'll pay better because she'll provide valuable information that no one knows.
    She explains to the 2nd ML that in this world there is a magic catalyst is a legacy of an ancient magical empire. It's effect is calming down and pacifies demonic beasts. When the effect weakens the catalyst transforms into magic stones (or the magic stones just appear there additionally, there wasn't much detail on the exact process). Anyways the demonic beasts are attracted to the places that have a lot of magic stones because the magic catalyst's calming effect is weaker there. The King knows about this but still tries to get the catalyst (again it wasn't explained if he wants to set up a personal magic stones fabric or if he needs the catalyst to calm the beasts, but I assume it's the former otherwise he could have just left the magic catalyst where it was left by the ancient mages).
    Demon race is trying to prevent the King's actions. They have been secretly keeping the demonic beasts under control as much as they could, but to the humans it looked the opposite, like they are using the demonic beasts to attack human lands and people.
    In the original novel Lamona has found out about this scheme later in the story, after the Demon Prince was killed. MC wants to prevent his death now.
    2nd ML asks MC why is she going to such lengths to save the Demon Prince and while she's trying to find an excuse he stops her from saying anything. By the look on her face he understands why and that he's basically been rejected even before he got a chance to confess. 2nd ML is thinking to himself whether everything could have turned out better if he had confessed earlier during the ball without having an internal excuse of not wanting to scare off the MC with his feelings. But he accepts that it probably wouldn't have been the case, he's just a coward and now he's lost.
    When MC leaves 2nd ML's aide is asking him if he's believing her story, because it's very unrealistic and she could turn out to be a demon's spy. 2nd ML calls him a fool and orders to start searching for the Demon Prince. Now he's going to find the Demon Prince to see what exactly is so good about him that he's won MC's heart.

3. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    They really changed things up in the manhwa. It was the second prince who helped MC save ML’s life. I had really like that part because by now MC and second prince were like besties. It felt like she had a buddy to confide in and it was just nice how he handled the situation with keeping her secret just like she kept his secret.

I do wonder how they will handle the first prince because he’s so different from the novel. I think the change that I like the most is the friendship between MC and her brother’s fiancée.

Rin.rinaaa, its0k and rock.doll like this.
  4. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with that. I don't think he should be seen as he cared for his sister the whole time. My thing is just when it came to the early wartime events. He had to act for the benefit of the people. I'm not condoning his other dumbass actions

layyu and Ltbeast like this.
  5. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    What I felt disappointed in is the way he believed the rumors about his sister instead of believing her. Ramona and second prince believed in MC.

R04951, LichtAnn, Rin.rinaaa and 7 others like this.
  6. 81ganzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I 100% agree with you on that, but that's not what I'm talking about. Yes he gets alot of douche bag points in that respect but I was talking about him in respect of wartime.

layyu and Ltbeast like this.
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They also make the 1st prince look like a total psycho in the manhwa. In one of the previous chapters he was checking some intelligence papers on MC and probably found out about her connection with the Demon Prince. He had this ugly smirk on his face and was mumbling something like “With this I’ll make you submit to me” meaning MC’s brother. So he totally wants to shamelessly control his friend using MC even though he’s already pledged to support him during the hunting competition.

And unless it’s a wrong translation I think they have also changed the fact that ML’s sister is still alive, because the hill where ML and MC have met a few chapters ago has a grave stone and it was heavily implied that it’s his sister’s grave.

I really hope it’s all done only to keep readers more invested before they start to reveal who are the real villains, because I like the novel plot that you have summarized way better.

8. Ltbeast

Ltbeast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yeah in the manhwa he looks like a villain no mather how you look at it, I wonder how they will try to make him look like a good guy latter on.

2. There was a grave but he himself said that there was nothing in there but (if I remember right) he said that he never found her body after all the time he looked (I think)

3. Yeah now you can't even know who is a villan who is an ally

I agree to that too. He has a duty to protect his people and the emperor and his people all telling lies that demon's are bad and etc. So he can't be blamed for hurting ML.

That's the most disappointing thing in the novel I think, in the early novel phase it's mentioned several times how good their relationship is and how she did everything to protect their house for him and she believed in him. Her brother after some rumors discarded that she is smart, cautious and how she sacrificed herself for him and believed that she was brainwashed (too easily if i say so)

9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter starts with MC returning late in the evening from somewhere and meeting her brother. He asks where she's been and she says she needed to have some fresh air. The brother says it's dangerous and asks her to bring guards with her next time.
    Then the brother asks if she still has the brooch and MC says yes. The brother tells her to wear it all the time because it might be useful.
    The brother is leaving and thinking how he couldn't ask his MC where she's gotten the brooch. Then he's working and can't focus. Ramona sees him and asks what's wrong. She says he's been distracted all the time and even allowed the Demon Prince to run away.
    The brother asks if it was so obvious. Ramona says she knows him too well, so it was obvious for her. She asks why he's done this.
    The brother explains that he's thinking about MC's brooch and that it had the same mana as the Demon Prince, and that the magic is supposed to save her life once. He knows that these kinds of presents are usually given to lovers or spouses.
    Ramona is shocked that MC's lover might be the Demon Prince.
    The brother continues to ponder about how he said he'll keep his sister safe and hasn't done anything yet. Moreover he has almost killed her lover. He finally understands that while he was having fun at the Academy his sister was tortured by the step-mother and her daughter. And that when he came back he didn't really try to understand his sister, but instead went on to support the rumors about her wedding with the Crown Prince. The brother is crying.
    Ramona says that the royal family won't allow MC's and the Demon Prince's relationship, moreover now that there is a war. She continues that MC will be executed for treason and that the family name will be ruined too.
    She finished with a phrase "Theo, you know what you should do, right?". The brother is making a face full of resolve and nodding "I know". (Here I get really conflicted and angry even though I don't know what their decision is. I still hope that it's all a cliffhanger for more angst and that the brother with his girlfriend won't try to ruin MC's relationship, because then what was the point in him reflecting about past actions for a half of the chapter if they still will do everything according to their own wishes and decide for MC just to basically save their a$$es by pretending it's to save the family and their name).
    The scene is cut to a small hut in the forest where the unconscious Demon Prince is being treated with magic by his aide. MC comes at night and brings some herbs that help his wounds. MC is thinking that the 2nd ML was very quick to find the Demon Prince with his aide and even has prepared a safe place to hide him. She was taking care of the Demon Prince for a while and visited him secretly when Ramona and the Brother couldn't see, because the Brother has received royal orders to find and eliminate the Demon Prince.
    The 2nd ML comes in with a human healer - an old granny who can perform surgery and can do a bit of healing by holy powers. The aide doesn't have enough powers to heal the Demon Prince anymore, because he's been using his powers for a long time without much rest. He is reluctant to trust the granny, but the granny says that when she was young the relationship between humans and demons was completely different and she has experience treating both humans and demons. They all agree to start.

10. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I despise the MC's older brother. He always seemed so casual about leaving his sister to fend off against the step mother and step sister but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and I thought that maybe it was an imperial order forcing him to leave her, maybe he left security personnel for her but they got disposed of by the step shitheads etc.
    However, recent events in the manhwa prove that he is an indelicate ignorant insensitive fool.

When his sister was being attacked and conspired against at the ball, his priority was to get the girl he likes out of there so she saves face rather than stick up for his sister. Speaking of the girl he likes, she is definitely a breath of fresh air and has a delightful personality. But going back to him, it feels like if the situation the crown prince spoke of (if he can only save the girl he loves or his sister) he would definitely not save his sister. I get that it's an impossible situation but the dude left her where she nearly got killed and now he is trying to be curious towards the woman who is a strong knight and can easily protect herself and yet he leaves his weak sister alone...what in the world? At worst, he is a cruel person unworthy of the sacrifices his sister made to preserve their household in his absence, at best, he is an insensitive idiot who is likely to lose everyone he loves because of his ignorance and nonchalance.

11. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was her I will take the house and be the Duchess fxck him ಠ_ಠ

its0k and layyu like this.
  12. 81ganzy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good idea, but if she did that then she wouldn't be able to marry the ml.

nihal eleonor and layyu like this.
  13. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I just looked through chapter 85 and I can't read korean for jack. But from what I can understand, she basically cuts ties with her brother and calls him out on his bull. To cement this she leaves behind her precious pink bunny. The last scenes in the chapter are her walking with the demon prince and his aid. Can anyone who understands korean explain what is happening?

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    If the manhwa follows the novel on this point, she’s most likely going to stay in the Demon realm. ML will let her stay at his mother’s apartment and she’ll start working at a fashion shop for a bit. I suppose this is where the relationship between FL and ML will change as they spend more time together.

rock.doll, layyu and its0k like this.
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though I understand that leaving is actually MC’s only choice right now I feel really bad for her. She’s spent so much time and effort to save her family property and title, was basically killed and now when she is supposed to enjoy her life she has to leave home because her brother is basically powerless despite having a Crown Prince as his “friend”.
    I really hope her leaving wasn’t because her brother betrayed her and told to cut the ties with the Demon Prince. It would have been so unfair if the brother had turned his back on MC when he himself was dating a commoner girl which is frown upon by society and tarnishes the family name.

16. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I used Papago this morning to read the chapter and her brother said he’s the owner of the house and he should know when anyone is coming or leaving. This is when MC lays into him and tells him about everything she had to endure to protect his inheritance. It looks like he fired her maid too and she told him that when she was locked up and alone in the room, Leah is the only one who was kind to her and brought her food. She said Leah would also talk to her to keep her company for a bit. She tells him that not once did he visit her even while he was spending time with his friends. She said she had to struggle to survive on her own. She said she didn’t resent him but she’s tired and she wants to be happy. She said she’ll leave the house.

Hmmm. I’m not sure if I forgot anything else but I like how she basically tells him that he knows nothing of what she endured. Not to mention she protected his inheritance. I just find it presumptuous of him to say he’s the owner and he should know what’s going on in his house as though MC wasn’t the one who preserved it for him.

17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I couldn’t wait for the translation in my native language and tried to MTL the chapter in Google Translate and was sooo angry when the brother said that he’s the owner. MC was not even surprised and said something like “you got used to it too quickly”.
    In the MTL I got MC also mentioned how she was locked alone in the room with no one to even talk, she could only look at the wall, and how she was going crazy because of loneliness until she snapped out of it and tried to contact her brother, who didn’t make any effort to contact her in turn. And how he was making friends while she was trying to survive and measured her possible “friends” according to the way they can help her to stay alive.
    From the last frames it looked like she came to say goodbye and has decided to leave in previous chapter, so I’ll try to MTL and summarize those chapters tomorrow.

18. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The old lady healer is making some progress with ML while MC is taking to his aide. He's very thankful that she's helped them both and says that he didn't trust her before. MC feels guilty that she couldn't stop the war or asked her brother to keep ML safe. The aide says the war is not her fault.
    After the healer gave instructions about medications and left with the 2nd ML (he said he'll return but it might take some time because there might be surveillance) MC says to the aide that she'll take care of ML and that he should go have some rest, because his powers are low when he's so tired.
    MC is taking care of ML and says that she feels like she's the one who's always making him get wounds.
    There's a flashback where she is shocked after her brother tells her that the Demon Prince was critically wounded but escaped.
    MC says she's always wanted him to survive and couldn't think about anything else. She says to the unconscious ML that she's always wanted to meet him more because it's very nice being around him. She didn't know at that time what was the feeling, but now she's sure that she likes him. She takes his had and asks him to open his eyes, she's crying asking him not to die and saying his name.
    At that moment his voice asks "You don't call me mister anymore?". He says it's a pleasant feeling to see her when he opens his eyes.
    MC is panicking saying she didn't think he'll hear her calling him by his name, but ML says he likes it and to call him by his name from now on.
    MC is blushing and panicking again, she's going to go wake the aide to tell him good news, but ML stops her saying he won't be able to stand it if the next time he opens the eyes she's not around. MC takes his had and says she'll stay with him until he's conscious again.
    Fast forward to a few days, the healer is saying that ML is getting healed quickly, probably because his critical organs haven't been affected. He flinches realizing this.
    When the healer leaves MC keeps taking care of ML, he's getting up and she says it's too early for him. ML asks what's her relationship with the 2nd ML.
    ML asks if they are lovers.
    MC explains that they have employer-employee relationship because she's hired him to find ML.
    ML says it should have been a risky and expensive job, she says not to worry, it's been paid. MC then proceeds to read the book for ML, but he says he'll better listen to her story, about her childhood and about what she likes and dislikes.
    MC says that her childhood was very lonely, because her mother died early, the step-mother hated her, father was always away until his death and brother was studying abroad. She knew that there was nothing in the house that belonged to her. She only had the pink rabbit that her brother gave her before leaving to study, and even though it's weird to keep it at her age, it's the only thing that she actually owns.
    ML feels bad for MC and says if only he could have know her earlier, he would have showed her so much. And we see happy fantasy images of him and MC on a date, eating something and smiling at each other.
    MC says it's not too late to start now.
    Then it turns to a more gloomy mood, because ML's face is all overt he country on those wanted posters and MC might be in danger because she's helping him. MC thinks about how her brothers and Lamona might be affected by her choices and this is how she makes a decision that she should leave.
    At that time the brother goes to talk to MC but notices that the maid is behaving strangely. She says that MC is not feeling well and is sleeping, brother barges into her room and discovers that MC is not there, he's angry at the maid.
    At the end of the chapter MC is returning home and meets her brother who's waiting for her in the dark.

Summary of chapter 85 (manhwa) was added in the previous post by @Celebrianna, the only thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that

at the end of the chapter MC is leaving the pink rabbit behind and leaves the house. Lamona was listening to the talk between siblings and she runs to the brother as soon as MC leaves to comfort him. I know it's love but it's kinda unfair to MC, who's the one in need of comfort and understanding.
    MC meets with ML and his aide who were waiting for her. They ask if she' gotten everything she needs, but she's emptyhanded. ML is asking MC if she regrets leaving her home, and she says that she's not. ML says he'll take care of her and she's happily agrees, it all sounds almost like a proposal with "I'll take care for you for the rest of your life". There are flowers and happy mood around the couple, while the aide is wondering if they really don't realize how their words sound lol

Yume-sama, Keylas, Assassel and 9 others like this.
  19. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he really pisses me off a lot too if he was my brother i would have slapped him across the face before his 2 favourite friends

20. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoiler the actual conversation in ch 85 please? I saw the chapter but it was in Korean so...

Keylas likes this.