Spoiler The Goal is to Become a Gold Spoon so I Need to be Completely Invulnerable

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 15, 2019.

1. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry, I also don’t know Korean, I just pointed the translation app on the phone at my monitor and this is how I MTLed the dialogues to grasp the situation.
    A quick tip for those who want to try doing the same MTL using Google translate camera option: if you use Instant translation feature the result might be a bit weird for longer sentences, but if you screenshot images and import them or use Scan option and highlight dialogues with your finger one by one you’ll get a pretty decent translation.

luco and princessbelle like this.
  2. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 86 of the manha is out can someone tell me what happens in it please

3. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brother is crushed by guilt, he says to Lamona that he wanted to be a good brother and give MC everything, but it was too late. He has received title and wealth, but didn't know MC's heart and was behaving pathetically, while the Demon Prince was the one who's been helping MC all the time in his stead. Lamona says that MC has left to save the family name. The brother is surprised by this sudden realization and gets up with a determined face saying he knows what to do.
    Cut to the 2nd ML. This part wasn't very clear in MTL, so I might be wrong. He's a bit anxious because the Crown prince has came to him out of nowhere. The Crown Prince is arrogantly implying that 2nd ML has committed treason, while he says that it's not true. The Crown Prince says it'll be investigated and his guards take the 2nd ML away. He's thinking about MC and hoping she's managed to escape and is safe.
    Cut to MC with the Demon Prince and his aide. They are looking around some dark alley, MC is wondering why no one is there, because the 2nd ML told them there will be some transportation waiting for them.
    They are noticed by a guard and he's asking what are they doing. MC says her mother is sick so she was on her way back home. The guard says the two men should take off their hoods. MC says they are her sick relatives and it might be contagious, so it's better not to get close. He still demands for them to take off their hoods, because they are looking for a wanted demon who was spotted in that place and he has instructions. The aide is ready to attack, but the Demon Prince stops him because MC might get hurt. MC is wondering what has happened to the 2nd ML if the information has spread this soon. the Demon Prince thinks to himself that whatever happens, MC should be saved.
    Cut to the 2nd ML in the dungeon. He's protesting for a harsh treatment because he hasn't done anything wrong. The Crown Prince on the other side of the prison bar is arrogantly saying that he will be released as soon as he says where is MC and the Demon Prince. 2nd ML is saying he knows nothing. The Crown Prince orders to cut his hand to speed up the process. The brother comes in and says he'll interrogate the 2nd ML, because the demons kidnapped his sister and the 2nd ML was helping, so he has the right to interrogate him. The Crown Prince is happy, he orders to check all city exits and says that it's good the brother has realized that his sister was blocking his way. The brother is clenching his fists but says that he was wrong and now he's reflecting. The Crown Prince says again it's good that he's got out of delusion and that he shouldn't let the Crown prince down anymore. He says that the brother should torture the 2nd ML but shouldn't kill him, because the guy is a noble and it'll be problematic if he dies.

Echichichi, Keylas, Assassel and 6 others like this.
  4. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m totally don’t get where this story is going. I find it hard to believe that the information guild owner could just be arrested like that. I got the impression in the novel that he has more clout. He was actually competing against the king’s secretly backed guild. And how does the crown prince know that MC left home? And is the king or crown prince the villain now? All these are changes that I wonder how the artist will bring to a conclusion or will they not use the novel ending. Hmmm.

Kezi and its0k like this.
  5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr! And if the Crown prince is so powerful in gathering information why would the royal family need to request to find the Demon Prince's location from another guilt? Let's assume that the Crown Prince doesn't know that 2nd ML is the guilt leader and is arresting him just as a noble helping MC. It still looks strange, because the manhwa is making him look arrogant, sociopathic and dumb because he's ready to torture one of the higher nobles without any evidence at a crucial moment when he needs to make connections with powerful families. Additionally, can a person with such a cynical attitude not realize that if his family is crappy and he's ready to physically get rid of his siblings it doesn't mean that everyone else is the same, and that by cornering his only friend using his one and only sister he's making an enemy instead of a loyal servant?
    I can still actually see a way for the Crown Princes character growth, like if he learns about the Royal family sins, gets disgusted and realizes how his behavior is the same, and how the power of friendship will also make him a better person. But honestly at this point he's so unpleasant to see that I really don't want him to succeed. Most of the comments from the readers were about making the 2nd Prince an emperor and getting rid of this disgraceful Crown Prince.

6. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed people can change course but I think the manhwa writer changed the crown prince’s attitude too much. I think he’s even supposed to be partly sympathetic because the second prince’s mother wronged him in some way. I can’t remember that part of the story now. Anyway, he did want to politically marry MC but he did try to woo her respectfully. He seemed more open minded than he’s portrayed in the manhwa. He was willing to see another perspective. That’s one of the reasons why he worked together with the demon prince and MC even before he confronted his father. Right now it’s kind of difficult to see such an arrogant person open his mind. He’s not even doing it with his only friend and supporter. I wonder what will it take to change his character close to likable again. Some of the commenters on Newtxxxx are saying he doesn’t deserve to be the next ruler and that the second prince should be the next ruler. It’s a bit sad because his character wasn’t like this.

Kezi, cjburaira, augacutan and 4 others like this.
  8. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the crown prince acting like a typical tyrant? And kind of betrayed his 2 comrade? I got so confused.

AnimeHuntress likes this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, the Crown prince is officially a human trash in the manhwa
    The brother reveals to the 2nd ML that he wants to save his sister and is against the Crown prince now.
    MC and her party are saved by 2nd ML’s aide (or bodyguard) and he reveals that his master was taken to the dungeon by the Crown Prince and that it was MC’s brother who’s sent him here and prepared a new carriage for them to escape. MC is happy that her brother did this despite all her harsh words. The Demon prince thinks how her brother is better than himself because he believed in his sister.
    Cut to the dungeon, where the brother is half-conscious after the beating and is being interrogated by the Crown prince about his sister’s whereabouts. Apparently the 2nd ML has also escaped.
    The brother doesn’t say anything and the Crown prince is continuing his tirade about how MC is useless and is dragging her brother down and how all their family is now in danger. He sincerely doesn’t get why the brother has helped MC to escape.
    The brother says it’s obviously because they are a family. The Crown prince is sneering saying he can’t relate, because his mother’s relatives tried to make him a marionette to gain power, his step mother tried to kill him to put her son on the throne and during all this struggle the King only straighten his position. So blood relations are nothing to him.
    The Crown Prince says he has warned that the brother will need to make a choice, and after that Lamona with her hands tied and mouth gagged is brought into the cell by the guards.

10. Sata_chan300

Sata_chan300 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what I feared the most will happen this trash prince will force the brother theo to choose between saving his lover which will he do or betraye his sister aka the fl and expose her whereabouts then the prince will go to fl and say u shouldn't trust ur bro I really don't want this to happen :blob_teary::blob_teary:

11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if I like where the story is going in the manhwa, feels a bit far-fetched, but anyways it's the end of Season 2, so there will be a few months hiatus that will allow the author to re-think some plot twists before it's too late.

The Crown prince brings Lamona into the cell with the brother and tells him to select either Lamona or his sister. He says if he choses Lamona he'll be free. He says he hopes his friend will make the right choice.
    Cut to MC, she's arrived at the Dark city and they see the 2nd ML there. MC is happy that he's alive. He says it's all thanks to MC's brother. The 2nd ML leads them into a secret tunnel used by his guild for smuggling things and making secret deals with demons. Demon Prince is surprised he didn't know about this and promises to close his eyes on this. MC is saying she doesn't know how to pay the 2nd ML for his help and he halts for a moment and then switches to his happy image and says she can make a secret passage directly into the demon King's palace. ML says he doesn't mind. Anyways MC says she wants to pay him somehow and he wants to get her pink rabbit. She says when she gets a chance to retrieve it, she'll give to the 2nd ML. They are leaving and the 2nd ML is staying with his aide talking about how they need to leave the country. The aide reproaches the 2nd ML because he didn't confess his feelings. And he wonders if he wants to steal the bride during her wedding. The 2nd ML is yelling that his aide is reading too many romance novels.
    Cut to the brother, Lamona is waking him up in the cell and is happy that the elixir has worked and his wounds are healed. She yells at the brother that he could have left any time and didn't need to suffer the torture and he says that he wanted to properly talk to the Crown Prince but it didn't work. Lamona says that actually he didn't harm her, her hands were loosely tied and he didn't even take away her healing potion. The brother is worried that Lamona is angry at him for not choosing between her and his sister.
    Lamona is laughing and says he's dumb. She says it would have been stupid to select anyone at that moment, because it was just the Crown Prince's trick to hide his real intentions. She says she likes the fact that the brother didn't betray any of the sides (her and MC). Somehow she knows that the 2nd ML has left the country and no one could find MC's traces (suspicious, they are still located in the prison in the same cell actually), so she's probably safely arrived to the Demon realm. Lamona says it's time for the to leave.
    The brother says he can't leave without talking to the Crown Prince (facepalm, he just told that he tried and it didn't work), because during their academy days he was a completely different person and that he's become cold only when he has returned to the palace. The poor Crown Prince was constantly in danger during his childhood and he couldn't trust even his family, so he can only be a cold person without any flaws when he's in the palace. But the brother thinks that his real personality is what they've seen during their academy times and he wants to get back the person the Crown Prince was at that time. Lamona says she thinks the same, that the Crown Prince didn't plan to kill them from the beginning. The guards are missing, doors are open like he basically told them to run away. She thinks that the Crown Prince needs time to calm down, so does the brother, this is why they should talk later and now have to leave.
    Cut to the MC's family mansion where her little brother can't sleep because he's worried about his siblings. There are a lot of rumors about his sister and brother, that the sister was kidnapped by demons and that the family has betrayed the royal family. The maid thinks to herself that she doesn't really care, she only believes in MC, so she'll be faithfully waiting for her return. She brings the little brother to his bed and the boy resolutely says that he'll be protecting the house until his older siblings return home.
    Cut to MC with the Demon Prince. They arrive to the Demon realm and MC is admiring the sky that has a sunset view all the time. They are being greeted by some demon knights who are happy that ML has returned. They say they'll give MC a reward and want to take her away. ML says that she's coming with him to the palace and that she's his guest. The lady knight is unhappy about this saying a human can't enter the Demon palace. ML says that whoever is not polite to MC is insulting him, so the knight lady retreats and ML is taking MC's hand and they are walking away.

12. cjburaira

cjburaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read upto chapter 79 of the manhwa. So far I really love Count Ram... (2nd ML's) characterization. I like the the FL. So far she is a very realistic character. Leah is so loyal.
    I absolutely despise the first prince. He is obnoxious

13. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion
    With the official translations reaching ch.83, while I acknowledge the fact Theo and Ramona have been at war but it still pisses me off we get the "you know what you gotta do" dialogue. They have an opportunity to an actual diplomatic relation with a high ranking member of the opposing nation. I'd understand it if they are wary MC is being used but Theo acknowledged her necklace had HIGH RANKING defensive magic able to save her life once and cost considerable amounts of money/magic. I know this is probably foolish of me to say given that it IS war of some sort and its a different era so I'm not sure if diplomacy is on the table (and I can acknowledge like Ramona said, their house might be affected if it were found out the leads' relationship) but I guess its modern thinking that no, you HAVE other options. You have proof a high ranking member ISN'T completely hostile. Rian has tackled domestic violence head on and while different from war where they did risk their lives, Rian didn't have cheats and had to rely on her wits and connections to survive. Her fight was different and other than acknowledge on 83 where Theo is aware he had fun outside his home and has done nothing to his sister, I WISH he and Ramona actually think of alternatives. While he pledged loyalty to the first prince, it still doesn't change the fact Theo has actual power to hold off the Imperial family, a POTENTIAL diplomacy is possible afterall for cripes sake (although with first prince being like that and the novel's antagonist being the emperor I guess this is just me being narrow minded)

cjburaira and SpringDay17 like this.
  14. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the comments cursing Theo wherever I read this is very satisfying...

in the OG, Theo is the ML and Romana is the FL? Why couldn't he have saved his sister like he became friends with the prince in the academy, didn't he... instead he was busy having fun and dating with Ramona while his sister died. Doesn't sound very brotherly to me.

15. Assassel

Assassel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now the waiting for season 3 begins. I guess season 3 will be about MC trying to adjust and win the demons to her side so she could stay with ML. It could also be about the revelation that the imperial family has been causing the monsters and the demons are the protectors instead. 2nd ML might begin his research on the information about the catalyst and will help in explaining the situation. I just hope the the youngest brother, Rudolph, will remain unharmed. I doubt that the imperial family should stay as leaders given that they had been greedy for the catalyst. Theo might have to sit on the throne instead. Rudolph can be the duke. He said he’ll protect the family while his elders are away. Perhaps that’s a clue?

Echichichi likes this.
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 85 manhwa discussion/series discussion
    I honestly expected the argument to be much more intense but MC was in the higher ground at the entire convo so barely any complaints from me but the summary on 85 gave me the impression that should've made this chapter feel more intense or it was just me. MC just said she was going insane, nearly die but not outright die, and choosing something precious if not something she'll regret later on. Honestly though, that declaration that Theo could've visited her at any time had he wanted to hits stronger than Rian's resolve for me (maybe because I was REALLY pumped on the argument that inevitable Theo bashing was what I was looking forward to the most) or even when she left that bunny (but this was strong for me as well)

cjburaira likes this.
  17. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted Rian to be more a little more angry at Theo. She really controlled herself, baby girl was aware all this while he could have saved her if he truly wanted to, and Theo couldn't even refute it. Theo and his gf can have fun with the duchy Rian secured for them I guess.

I wonder what demon prince parents would think of Rian, do they accept her or make things hard for her?

Kezi and cjburaira like this.
  18. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil what happens with the youngest brother? I really appreciated how Rian did her best to keep him from being exposed to what his mother and sister did as well as making sure her older brother didn't judge him for their actions. I'd like to know what happens with him at the end, and or how he deals with everything.

princessbelle likes this.
  19. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion
    Every update I question why was this direction allowed? Was the plot twist of the emperor being the big bad a negative reaction from novel readers? That he was a bg afterthought character that they needed to make a somewhat misunderstood character in the novel be an outright villain in the adaptation? Was Leon's character development that good that they removed his potential crush with Ramona, beauty exchanging friendship with MC just to showcase he was potentially the better leader?

Kezi likes this.
  20. lostxrain

lostxrain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New cover and season 3 was published today with one episode.
    [​IMG]