Novel The Goddess Games

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by hitori kanoko, Jul 6, 2021.

1. hitori kanoko

hitori kanoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis

Summoned to another world to help humanity when a competition made by three goddess. Hikimono Nakimo must face the odds when his weak stats prove to be too much for him to overcome, alone with the truth about the world that puts him at odds with those who summoned him.

Genre : Action, Adventure, Revenge, Fantasy, Harem, Adult, Mature, Romance, Betrayal, Royal, Noble, War, Magic, Sword, Queens, Kings, Emperor, Empress, Demon King, Hero, Elf, Reincarnation, Isekai, Slave. R18+

Chapters

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  2. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

Now I know where you think this is going but there is no demon lord on the rampage.

This is the world or Athena.

A place where the three goddesses gathered the 4 races. Human, Demon, Elf, and Dwarf.

"You are the creation of our mother and we have been tasked to watch over you. You must entertain us, your goddess. We will bless you with skills and magic. Use it to show us your valor. This is our will, let it be so"

###

"Welcome brave Heroes to the human continent of Atropine. We have summoned you here because we require your strength."(???)

Her voice was soft and sweet. She had golden hair. Her light green eyes shined like silver. Her pink lips looked like freshly blossomed flowers. While I could hardly tell, I would like to believe that beneath that red and white rob was a curvy body with big boobs. She looked like she was two years older than me.

[Wait…did she just say hero and summoned? Is this an Isekai?](me)

I looked around for any telling sign I was in another world. But everything looked like what you might find in a great cathedral.

There was on giant glass painting with what appeared to be depictions of two divine beings.

For some reason, I could read the words that were written underneath the two

[Goddess?](me)

I looked at the ground beneath my feet and there was a magic circle there. I have only seen them in anime and manga but there it was, right there staring me smack in the face.

"This can't be real!"(me)

"Tch… why is the nerd here too"(???)

I looked behind me and there they stood. Taiku and Soshiro, my classmates

It must have been Taiku who asked that question.

They were the two most popular guys at school. Every girl wanted to date them and every guy wanted to be them.

Taiku stood there with his brown eyes, blond hair, and dashing smile. He had excellent grades, only second to mine. Was it for that reason he despised me?

Next to him was Soshiro. Uncharacteristic of Japanese people he had natural white hair and silver eyes. Most likely a result of his mother is Russian. He was very athletic and it could be easily seen in his physical appearance. He ran for student council president but lost to me.

While he may be popular with students, he is also known as unreliable unlike me. A Japanese person would never vote for someone like that even if they liked them.

As for me?

I Hikimono Nakimo am your typical 18-year-old Japanese third-year high school student.

I have no physical presence to speak of. My looks are average at best. Black hair, black eyes, and average height.

“Heroes from another world, I am Susan Von Helena. An arc priest of the faith of the two goddesses. I greet you once again and welcome you to our world.”

Susan spoke in a soft calm voice. It could only be described by any male person as sexy and seductive.

All three heroes were now focused on her.

“I know you have a lot of questions but let me first answer the common questions that are asked. First, there is no demon lord on the loss. You have been summoned to participate in the great games hosted by the goddess every 6-month cycle as humanities representatives.” (Susan Von Helena)

“I knew my video game training would come in handy one day.” (Honda Soshiro)

[I don't think that's the type of game she is referring to idiot] (Hikimono Nakimo)

“That is not that type of game I am referring to hero-sama. According to our understanding, the closest reference in your world would be gladiator games of the roman empire.” (Susan Von Helena)

“Either way I am fine” (Honda Soshiro)

“Wish I could say the same. I am not that athletic” (Hokama Taiku)

“That won't be a problem. Like I have said you have all been blessed by two goddesses. Your physical and magical powers are far above that of normal people but if you don’t believe me then perhaps you should check your status here.” (Susan Von Helena)

She pointed at a book that was on top of a stone podium. It had a dim gold like glow to it, as it rested there

“For the first time, you are required to place your hand here and say ‘status’ after which your status will be displayed can be called forth anytime afterward.” (Susan Von Helena)

“Sounds simple enough. I will try it first” (Taiku)

Name: Hokama Taiku

Level: 66/100

Title: Hero

Class: Arc-Mage

Attributes: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Light, Lighting, Healing

HP: 40000/40000

MP: 100000/100000

Skills: Chant-less Magic, Quick Magic, HP Recovery, MP Transfer

Unique Skill: Double Attack [Enables the next attack to double in power. Limit One use a Day], Multi-cast [Enables the casting of three or more elemental magic at the same time]

Devine Protection: Goddess Selma

The place went nosy with excitement. As nuns whispered to one another. Nakimo couldn’t hear what they were saying but couldn’t shake the feeling that Tsiku’s stats were impressive

“Let me have a goal at it” (Honda Soshiro)

Name: Honda Soshiro

Level: 65/100

Class: Swords Master

Attributes: Fire, Wind

HP: 60000/60000

MP: 40000/40000

Skills: Double Sword, Over-power, Quick Movement, Brave Heart, HP Recovery, Hero Force, MP Transfer

Unique Skill: Strikes of Heaven [A thousand blades will attack an opponent. Three uses a day], Beast Fist[Powerful Punch]

Devine Protection: Goddess Rania

Again the crowd was full of whispers but they seem calmer than before.

[Were his stats not that good? When you think of video games a swords master would be more important than a mage and his level is slightly higher. Am I missing something?] (Hikimono Nakimo)

As Nakimo was deep in thought Susan called out to him

“Excuse me hero. Can you please place your hand on the book?” (Susan Von Helena)

Nakimo blushed. He never had such a beautiful girl call out to him

“Ah yes. Right away.” (Hikimono Nakimo)

Name: Hikimono Nakimo

Level: 12/100

Class: None

Attributes: None

HP: 10000/10000

MP: 200/200

Skills: None

Unique Skill: Poison Resistance [immune to all poisons.], Convert [convert something into something else. 5 uses a day {Living creatures cannot be converted}]

Devine Protection: Goddess Delphi

[Weak…Weak no matter how I look at it, it's too weak. Goddesses' blessing. What blessing? This just too weak](Nakimo)

Hand_Number_37 likes this.
  3. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

I was shocked by what I saw. There was no other way to describe what I was looking at but weak stats.
    [What the hell! Are these really the stats of a hero?] (Hikimono Nakimo)

“Oi Oi Oi… There is a limit to how lame you can be.” (Honda Soshiro)

“Pathetic in our original world, pathetic in this one too.” (Hokama Taiku)

“What did you say!?” (Hikimono Nakimo)

“Enough! Hero-sama’s you were not brought to this world to fight amongst yourselves, please keep that in mind.”

The two smirked and turned their heads when Susan spoke.

I couldn’t do anything but grind my teeth in anguish.

Something just wasn’t right. I could feel it but couldn’t put my finger on what was out of place.

“They may enter.” (Susan Von Helena)

The doors behind us opened and three beautiful girls entered. There was no mistaking who they were.

Those fancy dresses.

That expensive jewelry

That elegance

Princesses have appeared.

“These are the three princesses of the three kingdoms that have been assigned the duty of looking after the heroes. (Susan Von Helena)

“Pretty” (Honda Soshiro)

“Cute” (Hikimono Nakimo)

“Not bad” (Hokama Taiku)

“Hero Soshiro. You have been placed under the guardianship of the kingdom of Heartland.”

“Greetings Hero Soshiro. I am the first princess, Aria Mallard Heartland. On behalf of my country, I welcome you.” She said with a curtsy

“Sure thing.”

“Hero Taiku. You have been placed under the guardianship of the kingdom of Capricorn.”

“Greetings hero Taiku. I am the first princess, Emerald Capricorn. On behalf of my kingdom, I welcome you.” She also says with a curtsy.

“These princesses will take care of your daily needs and will explain to you what is required of you. Rest assured, you are in good hands. Have a safe journey.” (Susan Von Helena)

[Oi Oi Oi…what about me?] (Hikimono Nakimo)
    “Eto…What about me?” (Hikimono Nakimo)

“You and I will travel with my little sister over there to my home kingdom of Helena.” (Susan Von Helena)

“Eh…?”(Hikimono Nakimo)

“Hey, what’s the big idea? Why does that useless guy get to travel with two hot girls?” (Honda Soshiro)
    “Tch…how annoying.” (Hokama Taiku)

Nakimo couldn’t help but smirk at them.

“Why you…” (Honda Soshiro)

“There is no need to be worked up heroes. It cannot be helped. I am the first princess of the kingdom of Helena and an arc priest. This time around, the summoning ceremony was the responsibility of my kingdom, that’s why I am here right now. With the ceremony completed, I am to travel back to my kingdom.” (Susan Von Helena)

“But still…” (Honda Soshiro)

“Now then heroes, please start on your journeys to win the goddess games.”

“Goddess Games!?” (Honda Soshiro) (Hikimono Nakimo) (Hokama Taiku)

Being told that this wasn’t their typical isekai adventure, the three couldn’t help but repeat what Susan had uttered.

As Nakimo traveled in a carriage to the kingdom of Helena. He couldn’t help but be nervous.
    Susan was a beauty but her sister who had introduced herself as Sofia Von Helena was also another beauty.

Long blue hair. Shining green eyes and a curvy body with big boobs. She was without doubt a very similar to her sister and the same age as Nakimo.

[So this is another world…it does look fantasy like some aspects but…]

As they passed from town to town Nakimo couldn’t help but see the gloomy faces of people.
    He could hardly see any joyous face anywhere.

When he asked Susan about it, she replied, “I am sorry… I am too tired after the hero summoning. I will explain everything once I have recovered fully.”

“It is alright, if you’re too tired then please rest up, I could always…”

“My sister has a shy personality, please do not bother her. I will explain everything later on.”

“I understand.”

And just like that they quietly traveled to the Helena kingdom.

The Helena kingdom was a place ruled by the Helena royal family. The kingdom and the royal family practiced a matrilineal line of succession. Meaning that male heirs had no rights to the throne or the leadership of households.

It was a kingdom that prioritized women above all else.

Because of that, many women from kingdoms that treated them poorly moved to the kingdom making a ratio of 24 to 1 in their favor.

This ratio wasn’t just a result of women moving in but men moving out as well. Those that did remain found themselves being treated harshly by the women.

Naturally, resentment of the men spread to Helena's neighbors, and many male-dominated kingdoms that surrounded the kingdom had their eyes on the kingdom. Ready to strike should the opportunity ever present itself.

But such a situation could never come to be as the current ruler of the kingdom was a cunning fox and the faith of the two goddesses would never allow such a thing.

This was the first thing Nakimo was taught as they arrived in a town outside the castle city of Helena.
    Helena was not a place where a man could act as he pleased. As a hero, he may have some leeway but if he crossed the line, it would put the royal family in a difficult position.

“I will be sure to watch myself.” (Hikimono Nakimo)

“I am glad to hear that. Now then…” Susan spoke as she poured alcohol into a cup and presented it to Nakimo. “Let me tell you the truth of this world.”

The two of them were in an inn room all alone. This made Nakimo very nervous. Perhaps he wouldn’t have been, had he known that three sets of eyes were watching them at this very moment.

The ones spying on the duo were the three goddesses who watched over the world.

“Ho my… Looks like it's starting.” The one who spoke first had long red flowing hair. Her eyes shined with a pink color. She was seated in a sexy pose that exposed much of her sexy long legs. She was the goddess Rania.

“Have they already summoned another set of heroes? This will be interesting.” The next person who spoke was a short green-haired beauty with golden eyes. The white dress she wore hardly held the two melons on her chest. The jiggled with the slightest movement, much to the annoyance of Rania. She was the goddess Selma.

“…” The third goddess uttered nothing and looked on. She had long blue hair and blue eyes. She had a slender body with modest boobs and wore a long dark blue dress with sparkling gems that would remind someone of twinkling stars. She was the goddess Delphi.

“What is matter Delphi, don’t you have anything to say?” (Rania)

Rania’s tease struck a nerve with Delphi

“Are you ever going to stop teasing Delphi?” (Selma)

“Someday maybe. In any case Selma, are you willing to do our usual bet?” (Rania)

“The one about how long it will take the hero to curse Delphi? Hmm… I think I will skip this time around.” (Selma)

“Boo, you are no fun.” (Rania)

As the two bickered with each other Delphi glanced at Nakimo.

“Sorry” she softly spoke.

4. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3
    “Let me tell you the truth of this world.” (Susan Von Helena)

Her expression was calm but serious. Nakimo drunk a bit of the alcohol before paying attention to her words.

“First, what do you think is the most valuable here in Atropine?”

Her question confused Nakimo.

[She didn’t say Helena the kingdom but rather the whole human continent of Atropine.]
    “Gold…”
    “No.”
    “Rare Metals.”
    “Not even close.”
    “Then?”
    “Mana.”
    “Mana!?”

“Yes. It is my understanding that your world doesn’t have magic, but you have an idea of what magic is and what its source was, am I correct?”

Anyone who has read a fantasy light novel, manga, or watched anime knows what magic is. In these fantasy worlds, one needs mana to use magic. That was basic knowledge.

Nakimo nodded to show his understanding.

“Unlike the three other contents of the demons, elves, and dwarfs mana no longer flows freely here. If you want mana, you have to either buy it from the temple or the crown of a kingdom.”

[By crown, she must mean royalty.] (Hikimono Nakimo)

“Why is that?”

It was at this point that Susan began to tell the history of the world.

No one knows what sparked the flames of war between the races but once they did, endless rivers of blood flowed.

At that time, the most powerful of the four races, the humans conquered most of the united content.
    They ruled with an iron fist and oppressed the other three races, or at least that was what the other races were told, but in reality, the human’s kings and queens of that time only suppressed those who wished for the superiority of their races rather than the unification of all the races.

The humans, who were the only ones capable of interbreeding with the other three races wished for all races to join hands as one.

However, this type of history was never told on the other continents nor was it believed by the other races on the rarer occasion that they did hear it.

“You remember what happened at the inn in the Moorlands Kingdom?”

Before arriving in the Helena kingdom, they had once stopped at a border town in the Moorlands Kingdom.

What having an evening meal, Nakimo noticed what seemed to be an elf man harassing another elf waitress.

“A filthy half-blood dares give me attitude.” The male elf screamed

“I am sorry but this isn’t that type of establishment, please go somewhere else.”

“You dare talk like that to me you filth.”

Nakimo couldn’t understand why everyone was not doing anything. When he stood up Susan spoke in a harsh voice.

“Sit down,”

“But…”

“What are planning to do with your level and skills…”

“That’s…”

“Look carefully, he is a trained adventure. You will just get yourself killed.”

“But aren’t I a hero?”

“Even more reason to stay out of it. Don’t worry, they will sort it out in the end. That girl is playing hard to get…”

“But why would she…” As Nakimo looked back, he notices the male Elf whisper something to the half-elf girl. She nodded and his hand that had firmly held on to her glowed a golden color. Afterward, she proceeded to take him upstairs.

“What just happened?” he asked but Susan shrugged her shoulders and said, “I will explain later…”

“I remember…”

“Like I said earlier mana is the most valuable thing in Atropine. That golden light you saw was activation of the MP transfer skill. Everyone in this world has one.”

Thinking back to when his and the other heroes' skills were on full display, Nakimo remembered the skill being present with one exception.

“Wait a minute, I don’t have that skill.”

“Yes you don’t but there is a reason for that.”

Susan began to continue her story.

Mana was the most valuable thing in Atropine and those who had it would often use it to get their way in society. The other races often came to Atropine and used their abundant mana as a means to bully the locals.

They often slept with women, using their mana as payment. This often resulted in the birth of mixed-race children like the elf girl. The continent was full of them.

Nakimo was paying close attention to every word Susan uttered. He wasn’t much of a gamer but knew the importance of sulking as much information as possible to finish a fantasy quest.

After letting now of the current circumstance, Susan began to tell the history of the world.

The human kingdoms that were pushing for unification were strong enough to destroy the other races' armies with ease but they couldn’t stop the attacks that were carried out by lone groups.

Magic explosions in the middle of the streets. Dead human bodies that had been skinned were thrown onto the streets.

These acts of terrorism struck fear in humans who in turn began their uncharacteristic act of aggression against the other races.

The situation became so bad that the goddess had to directly intervene.

They split the continent into 4 and created a fifth content in the middle where they would hold the goddess games and live.

The war and blood were replaced by a game held once every 6 months, and the prize for the winner of the game was mana.

So far Nakimo was impressed by the action of the goddess. They stopped the bloody war and replaced it with the game. The only thing that bothered him was, if humanity was the dominant force long ago, what happened it.

When he posed this question to Susan she gave a wry smile before simply saying, “We were betrayed”
    “There it is….” Rania said with excitement, “I always like it when they get to this part."

“I must admit I am too wondering what type of face the human will make when he hears the story.” (Selma)

“Maybe he will go, ‘NO WAY’ or ‘OH SHIT’ like the ones before.”

“In any case, it will be an amusing sight to behold.”

“What do you think Delphi?”

“…”

“You know ignoring this is not going to change anything right?”

“Let her be, more importantly, it is starting. Let’s us watch and see how the human will react to the truth.”

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  5. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4

“Betrayed? By Whom?” Nakimo asked

Susan put on a wry smile before speaking the rest of the story.

After the goddess descended to the world and made the fifth continent their new divine realm. They summoned a representative from the four races to their new divine realm.

First to be summoned was the ruler of the elves.

The elf king spent three days and nights on their land, receiving instructions from the goddess one after another.

On his last day, he returned with three golden orbs. One from each goddess. These orbs contained divine blessings.

He was to return to his people and share these blessings among them.

The next to be summoned was the Dwarf king. He too spent 3 days and 3 nights on the land and returned to his land with three orbs of divine blessings.

The third was the demon king. Just like the ones before him, he too spent 3 days and nights before returning with 3 divine orbs.

Lastly, it was the human's turn. Unlike the other three races, we humans began to hate one another after the continent was split.

The only unifying factor was our faith in the goddess and so the task of representing us fell to the pope of the temple.

Like those before him, he spent three days and nights, however when he returned he had only two orbs.

“Don’t tell me that he stole one for himself,” Nakimo asked.

Susan's wry smile got even wrier, “He returned with a message from the goddess.”

“Message!?”

“Humans; in you is potential like no other. Believe in yourself and you will find the golden divine orb within.”

“That sounds like a lot of bull to me.”

“At the time humanity was coming from the hype of having been the most powerful race, so we believed it. Over time, however, that changed. Defeat after defeat. We were simply no match for the other races, but we held on to the words that were given to us. ‘Next time’ we said like some compulsive gambler. It was, however, about 100 years later that we learned the truth. One of our competitors, after having lost to a demon shouted the words he held dear, ‘Next time, we will surely win’ the demon laughed at those words. She laughed and laughed until she could laugh no more. Then she revealed the truth to us.”

“What did she say?”

“You foolish humans, do you still believe that? Are you that dumb?”

“What are you saying?”

“I am saying that it is a load of crap that you have been believing in. The golden orb that was supposed to be given to you was instead given to our demon king.”

“What are you saying? What blasphemy is this?”

“It’s not blasphemy. The goddess must have seen that we demons were worthy of another golden orb, so it was given to us.”

“Lies, Lies”

“Why don't you go and ask yourself. Filthy human. We demons, after centuries of living in your shadow now stand on top of this world.

“Wow,” Nakimo said in amazement. He never expected such a plot twist. “What happened after that?”

“The pope at that time, risking divine retribution traveled to the land of the goddess and demanded an answer. Two of the goddess confirmed that the third had bestowed two of her divine blessings on the demons.”

“But why did she do that?”

“It seems even a goddess couldn’t resist the temptation of a demon.”

“Eh… You mean her and the demon king?”

Susan simply nodded at Nakimo’ accusations

“The pope pleaded with the two goddess to provide humanity with another golden divine orb but they said it was impossible. Each of them could only produce four and they couldn’t be retrieved once given. Not without killing the race that held them.”

“Talk about receiving the short end of the stick.”

“The two goddess uggested we revive the old practice of hero summoning instead.”

“Summoning Heroes?”

“Yes. In the past heroes were summoned to fight for humanity's sake. It was these heroes who eventually married into royal households that pushed for the unity of all the races, however, two problems emerged when we began to summon heroes again.”

“Problems?”

“The heroes that came before the goddess descended were truly powerful people who could do wonders, but those heroes came from a faraway world, and with the mana we possessed at the time we could not summon anyone from that world. After a long search, we found another world from which we could easily summon heroes.”

“You mean my world.”

“Yes. However, your world’s potential was very weak, as a result when the heroes were summoned they were affected by this world.”

“How were they affected… ah… umm?”

“Is something the matter?”

“Ah no… I just got a headache… it must be from me trying to process everything I have heard.

“It’s not… I am pretty sure it’s from the sleep drug I put in your drink.”

“Eh? Why would you…”

“You haven’t figured it out yet?”

“…”

“The effects are that the heroes will display the characteristic was this world. Past heroes could recover their MP naturally even in areas devolved of mana but that is no longer case. Past heroes would also unlock a vast range of skills but that is now limited to the skills they obtain from the goddess. It is only the unique skills that are truly their own. The reason for this is the divine protection the gain from the goddess.”

“The divine protection?”

“It works in conjunction with the divine blessings that were given to us.”

Nakimo finally realized where Susan was heading.

She served a temple that worshiped two goddesses, but three existed.

The skills they possessed were granted by the goddess and only their unique skills were their own. The other heroes had skills but he didn’t.

Why was that?

The answer was simple.

The divine protection he had was from a goddess who hadn’t given humanity her divine blessing. This prevented him from gaining skills and it might also be the reason his level and stats were so low.

Nakimo fell to the ground. His breathing quickened. He could feel his heartbeat beat faster and faster.

Susan stood over his body, “I wasn’t sure if that was going to work with your unique skill against poison but I guess it does.”

“The goddess who never gave her orb to humanity and bestowed it on the demons… don’t tell me it was…”

“Yes… the same goddess who gave you her divine protection… the enemy of humanity. Delphi.”
    With those last words, Nakimo passed out on the floor.

“Yahoo! that was entertaining don’t you think? He looked like a fish out of the water at the end...hahaha” Rania shouted

“Indeed it was. I wonder what will happen next.” (Selma)

“What’s there to wonder? This happens every time someone is summoned with Delphi’s protection.”

“But it can’t be helped, without our protection, those humans will be unable to live in this world. They would either die or get forcefully pulled back to their original world and die there.”

“True, true. And what of the star of the hour. Delphi, any comments.”

“…”

“Still a stick in the mud. It’s not our fault you got corned by that demon into giving humanity's divine blessing.”

Delphi glared at Rania

“Oi Oi Oi, don’t tell me you still believe in that demon.”

Delphi didn’t answer and proceeded to look on as Nakimo was stripped naked and dragged out of the inn into a metal cage.

6. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5

Nakimo woke up from the shaking of the cage he was in. He felt cold. Probably because he was naked on a chilly morning.

As he looked around, he saw Susan walking beside the cage.

“Oi… What the hell,” he shouted

“You have woken up? I was hoping that wont happen until we entered the castle town.”

“What’s going to happen to me?”

“The usual I guess.”

“Which is?”

“Execution…”

Nakimo went pale.

I am going to die? He thought to himself

“Why do I have to die? I didn’t do anything. You’re the ones who summoned me here.”

“That doesn’t matter.”

“Doesn’t matter? What is wrong with you people?”

“Are blind? Didn’t you see how our world looks like?” She yelled at him. “In a world where mana is everything we have basically have nothing in Atropine. It doesn’t matter which kingdom you go to, it is all the same. People are barely holding on to life. Our slums are no different from gravesites.”

“That has nothing to do with me.”

“True, but as long as you have Delphi’s protection, people will not just let you live in peace.”

I am not getting through to her. If I don’t do something then I am going to die. There must be some skill I can use…

“Ahhhh” Nakimo screamed in pain.

“Don’t try anything otherwise the slave choker will shock you. It is a waste of MP but we can’t have you do undesirable things.”

“Shit…”

Susan sighed. She fully understood that Nakimo was not at fault. If anything she felt guilty as the person who summoned him. The reason she was walking beside the cage and not ridding the carriage was as a result of that guilt.

The world of humans was on its knees. Looked down upon by the other races; poverty in every kingdom and town.

For the sake of stability, a villain was needed. The paintings and symbols of the goddess Delphi were all destroyed but that was not enough. Humanity couldn’t do anything against the goddess directly but someone who possessed her divine blessing was another matter.

The first five summoned heroes who had the goddess Delphi’s divine protection were not welcomed, but at the same time, they were not mistreated. Humanity at that point in time still had a bit of sanity left, but defeat after defeat changed all that.

The once most powerful human race was now crawling on its knees.

From that point onward, heroes from the goddess Delphi were seen as evil and used by nobles and royalties to relieve the people of their stress.

Execution by hanging.

Execution by stoning.

Execution by beheading.

The number of ways to end the life of the evil hero was countless.

Susan sighed again as Nakimo still struggled in vain to remove the slave choker.

“Enough. Even if you free yourself, your stats are too low to defeat anyone here. Furthermore, even if you managed to escape, there is no place to flee to. You are the symbol of humanity's greatest hatred; there is no one who will give you shelter.”

“Then…Then I will…”

“Runaway to another continent? The dwarfs would reject you and the elves would probably use you for magic practice.”

“Then I will go to the demons. I am sure they would treat me well.”

“No, they won't. They will kill you on the spot.”

“Why!? Am I not the hero of the goddess who gave them two orbs? They must at least have no hatred for me. You are lying to me, aren’t you bitch? …Ahhhhhhh”

Nakimo was stabbed in the back by a spear from a female knight that was walking with the carriage.

In fact, all the knights drew their weapons and pointed them at the cage where Nakimo was screaming in pain.

“Stand down.”

“But he!”

“Stand down…I will not repeat myself!”

“As you command.” The knight answered before standing down. Soon, all the other knights did the same.

“Is something wrong?” Her sister Sofia who had now left the carriage to check on the commotion asked.

“No, its fine… return to the carriage. We will continue.”

“You should return with me sister.” She pleaded

“No… I will walk along with the cage. Don’t worry about me.” She replied before patting her little sister’s head.

“If you insist.” She timidly said before returning to the carriage.

“Skill <<heal>>”

“Lady Susan. Wasting MP on that bastard is…”

“Oh... And how will you explain him dying before we reach the castle town?”

“uh… I understand. Forgive my foolishness.”

“Let us continue.”

“As you command.”

They continued towards the castle town.

Despite being healed, Nakimo was breathing heavily. The healing skill could heal the wound but it did nothing for the pain.

Susan couldn’t help but pity Nakimo as he laid there. However, there was nothing she could do for him.

As the first princess, she was destined to be the next Queen, however, when her aunt died years ago, she by tradition had to take up the position of arc priest of the faith of the two goddesses.

Normally a priest would be sent from the Holy land but with all of them being male the royal family of Helena objected and demanded a woman be sent.

This started a tug of war between the two until it was agreed that a member of the royal family would take up the position.

To ensure the integrity of the temple was not looked down on by the other kingdoms, the member must be a direct relation to the current Queen.

Susan’s mother was lucky enough to avoid that fate by becoming Queenjust two months before her aunt died. As a result, her younger sister took the position.

Had she still been alive, Susan would have been first in line to the throne. Now that position fell to her timid younger sister. A great concern to her and her mother.

As the castle town came into view Susan once again spoke to Nakimo who had since calmed down.

“Listen Nakimo, Helena is a female dominant kingdom. Refrain from speaking anything that might seem offensive to women.”

“…” his eyes were dead. That stab in the back shook him to the call. He was clearly afraid and shocked at the realization he was going to die.

“Saying things like bitch, whore, or slut will get you in serious trouble. Also, make sure you obey anything a noblewoman says as well.”

“What is the point? I will be killed anyway. I die now… I die later… In the end I will still be dead.”

“I will try my best to make sure that doesn’t happen. Trust me and try not to do anything that will hinder that.”

In those words, a bit of hope came into his eyes.

“You will try to get me extradited to the demon continent?”

He is still holding on to that delusion?

“Listen Nakimo, I wasn’t lying earlier.”

“Eh…”

“In the era that humanity wanted to unite the races, there was opposition from the other races. The dwarfs had the smallest resistance towards it. They did look down on the smiting talents of half dwarfs but they simply were not that keen on fighting. The next were the elves. They who like perfection viewed all other races as ugly and a larger number of them opposed such a unity. However, there were some who viewed it as their next evolution and strongly welcomed it. In the end, those who opposed it went underground and started their own fascist group that now rules the elven race. Last and most importantly were the demons. Rather than say a group opposed it; It would be more accurate to say their entire race opposed it. Every male, female, and child demon hated humanity’s attempt to unify the races as a result they suffered the full wrath of our once-mighty army, led by the heroes of old. Demonic kingdoms, towns, and villages were burnt to the ground one after another. The demons were driven to such a state that the entire race went into hiding – popping up every now and again to do suicide attacks in human settlements. The heroes and armies were effective against other armies and warriors but were helpless against terror attacks and soon enough the whole world was up in flames until the goddess intervened.”

As he heard her story, Nakimo understood what she was trying to tell him.

“You mean the fact I am human is more than enough for them to kill me?”

“250 years ago, a hero escaped to the demon continent. He was killed on arrival and his body eaten. They even had one of their champion warriors wear his skull as a trophy to the goddess game.”

Nakimo couldn’t help but throw up when he heard that. Susan didn’t seem to be lying to him, in his opinion and she truly wasn’t, which meant.

I am all alone in this world… A world where everyone is an enemy….

“Did something like that happen 250 years ago?” (Selma)

“Sure did… It was really funny when the hero finally realized he was going to get killed. ‘Don’t kill me, don’t kill me’ he cried, only for the demons to say, ‘we are not going to kill you. We are going to eat you' hahaha, that made my century.” (Rania)

“Ah… I remember now. Wasn’t your beloved demon lord the one who had the first bite of the hero’s flesh, Delphi?” (Selma)

“He sure was. I remember it perfectly. You would think he would spare the hero of his beloved Delphi.” (Rania)

“How long are you going to taunt me Rania?” (Delphi)

“Ah… She speaks. I guess it to be expected. You were never one to overlook people badmouthing him. Even if it was the truth.” (Rania)

“Tch…” (Delphi)

“Now-now, we are not mortals. Let us not fight amongst ourselves. Look, Rania, they have finally arrived at the castle town. Let us see what fate awaits the hero.” (Selma)

7. Hand_Number_37

Hand_Number_37 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first chapter itself shows how much effort it had been put into the story. I can't imagine how you manage two or even three novels at a time. Keep it up :)

8. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6

As they entered the castle town Nakimo could feel the cold stares he got. No. They weren’t just cold stares, there was also a killing aura mixed in.

Many of the citizens had lined up on the street when they heard that the hero of the goddess Delphi had finally arrived.

In most novels that Nakimo had read. A hero was greeted with cheers and flowers thrown at him, but all he saw in the hands of the citizens were stones and rotten fruit.

He was scared. His life was virtually on a knife's edge. The only reason they weren't throwing those things at him was probably because she walking along side him.

Susan, had promised to do everything to prevent his death, but even if she succeeded. What type of life could he expect to live?

“Don’t make eye contact,” Susan warned him. Her voice was the only comfort he had. Without clothing, he sat there exposed to the chilly wind.

He lowered his gaze to the floor of the cage. His heart rate never stopped beating fast. The only thing he could do at this point in time was trust that Susan would provide him with a miracle.

“Prepare a blanket for him to wear.”

They had finally arrived inside the castle where Nakimo was to be presented to the royal court.

“My lady thats..."

“Do you plan to present a naked man to nobility?”

At those words, the knight couldn’t object any longer.

“Sister?” Sofia timidly uttered beside her.

“There is no need to worry. You just need to say you brought the hero as your duty demands. I will handle the rest.” She assured her before patting her on the head.

Nakimo admired the fantasy castle as they walked through the corridors. Despite his current predicament, he was still a little curious about the world he was in. Plus, the blanket Susan had secured for him made him have some hope that all would end well.

“Welcome back my daughters.”

Sitting high on a throne was a man with a crown on his head. He looked like he was in his late forties. He had white hair and a white beard. Because he called Susan and Sofia daughters, Nakimo assumed he was the king.

To left and right of a red carpet that led to the throne were women who looked like nobles.

I see. So the kingdom of Helena is indeed a kingdom where women hold power.

Most of the people who lined up the street were women. The few men that were there were all behind.
    Men in Helena were treated as second-class citizens. They could not inherit their parents or in this case mother's properties or hand down their own to a male heir but had to choose a daughter to inherit.

If you had to describe the kingdom. It would be the opposite of the most male-dominated kingdom one would know.

The only difference is that men still married multiple women. Not because they were popular or anything but rather because they were so few of them in the first place.

Some had fled the kingdom. Taking residence in neighboring kingdoms where their hatred for Helena grew. Others committed suicide and others simply didn’t want anything to do with women in the first place. Choosing to spend the rest of their lives as bachelors.

However, no matter how female-dominated Helena was it was still a civil place. Most of the men who chose those fates were men who simply couldn’t bring themselves to lower their heads to a woman.

The proof could be the peaceful life bachelor men as they are known, lived.

As long they follow the rules and watch their language, they are more or less left alone.

Of course, this had no bearing on Nakimo. The moment he received that goddess protection, his fate was sealed.

“I have brought the hero as my duty deemed, your majesty,” Sofia said

Susan and her sister as well as Nakimo, who was behind them were now kneeling towards the king who was acting as a ruler while his wife was away.

This made Susan very uncomfortable.

She was constantly looking around but she could not find the person she was looking for.

“Something the matter Susan? Your eyes seem to be darting off in every direction.”

Susan paused and thought for a bit. While she was royalty of the kingdom she was also the arc priest of the temple of the two goddesses.

She needs to decide how she will answer as it will determine what her position here was.
    She had two choices. Answer as royalty of Helena or as an arc priest. No, in reality she only had one. As the temple could not so easily meddle in the affairs of foreign kingdoms.

“I am sorry father I was looking for Duchess Alexandra Wilcox.”

Before the Queen left, she appointed Alexandra Wilcox as prime minister and left her in charge. Her father was meant to be nothing more than a figurehead.

“Hmm… I was informed that she had fallen ill and would not be able to full fill her duties so I appointed a new prime minister to replace her.”

“What did you say!?” Susan shouted.

“Eeeep” her sister cried in fright. She really was timid

Nakimo couldn’t also shake the feeling that things had taken a turn for the worse.

“Please calm yourself Susan Von Helena and remember where you are right now. You stand before the king of Helena and the royal court. Please act properly.”

The person who just spoke was a handsome-looking man with blond hair, blue eyes, and a dashing smile. You could mistake him for prince charming.
    [​IMG]
    “You… What are you doing here?”

“I am the new prime minister, as per the king’s command.”

When she heard this Susan glared at him before glaring at her father who turned his head. She also glared at the noblewomen on either side of her but they two turned their heads.

Never in the history of Helena had a man led the kingdom. The Queen or either the highest-ranked duchess would lead in her absence. This situation of a king and a male prime minister was unnatural.

“Now then, shall we begin the hero’s trial?” he asked

“Yes… Let us proceed Prime Minister Randall Capricorn.” The king said

“You there… hero of the accursed goddess Delphi. You know the reason why you are here?”

Nakimo didn’t answer. Susan had told him to keep his mouth shut and rely on her to speak on his behalf, in the hopes of changing his predestined execution, but he couldn’t help wonder: She seems to be on bad terms with this guy. Can she save my life? Maybe I should try and defend myself? But…

“He does. I Susan Von Helena have taken it upon myself to represent him.”

There was chatter in the court after she has said that.

“You… What are you saying Susan?” the king asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“He does not know our laws and customs. It is only proper that he be represented by someone who does.”

“And you volunteer yourself?” Randall asked

“As the one who summoned him, it is the least I can do.”

“Sounds like you have taken a liking to this hero.” He provoked

“Randall! Did you dare slander my daughter in my presence?”

“My apologies your majesty. I withdraw my remark.”

“Hump… As long as you understand. Susan. I know you have a kind soul like your sister Sofia but this is not the place to show it. We all know here that the hero is to put to death to appease the people.”

“I am sorry father but I cannot blindly follow that thinking. He has done nothing wrong himself. The only reason he stands before us is because he was summoned here by us. We simply cannot just have him executed because of our own circumstances.”

“But the people demand it. As royalty and nobility, we have a duty to perform.”

“Even if that duty requires us to dirty our hands with innocent blood?”

The king sighed when he heard this. Royalty and nobility would often dirty their hands if it would yield results. Her way of thinking was what most would consider unnatural for someone born in the royal household, but that the kind of thinking she was raised to believe in by her now a dead aunt.
    Only the Queen who was close with her dead sister understood the beliefs of Susan and encouraged them. Only leaving her one warning: “Morals are nothing more than emotions if you luck the power to make them a reality.”

Now that she was no longer crown princess, she indeed lucked any power to uphold her morals. Had Duchess Alexandra Wilcox been here, it may have been possible for the two of them to come up with a way to save Nakimo but she could no hope for that now.

Her father was the only one that could save his life but that seemed unlikely. First of all, his marriage to her mother was an arranged one and neither one liking the other.

They were in a constant battle for influence, with her mother coming out on top in every turn. Her father had been very docile in recent years.

Now that her mother was gone, this was his chance to gain more influence before she returned.

Pardoning Nakimo was not going to achieve that, if anything his standing would fall.

Sorry, Nakimo. I don’t think I will be able to save you

Just as she thought that Randall spoke.

“Then why not make him a royal slave instead.”

“Eh…” Nakimo said.

“A royal slave? Puhahaha… What a turn in events. Humans never stop to amaze me.” (Rania)

“Indeed. To think after all this time there would be someone to stand up for one of Delphi’s heroes. Is she aiming to be a saint or something?” (Selma)

“Who knows what that girl's deal is, but did you notice it?”

“You mean those two who are scheming. Of course, I saw it. Nothing escapes my eyes but I wonder if our saint will notice it before it’s too late?”

“Who knows, there is also the possibility of her mother returning early and putting a stop to their plans.”

“I doubt it. As one of the human representatives to the demon kingdom, I doubt she will be able to return quickly. The demon king seems to be giving them the runaround.”

“Hey Delphi, why not send your dear devil a divine oracle to help the humans out.”

“…”

9. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7

A slave huh?

Nakimo was remembering what had transpired just a few hours ago from a jail cell in the castle.

“A royal slave you say?”

“Yes, your majesty. Let’s allow the people the chance to hire the hero for odd jobs in town. That way he can be spared execution and the people can have their appeasement.”

“That’s...” Susan began to speak but stopped

“This is the only way to save his life. You understand that, right?” Randall declared to Susan

She had an unhappy expression on her face but she didn’t argue back. This was indeed the one way to save his life. What concerned her were the request people who hired him might ask.

“Very well, however, I have a few conditions.” She said

“If his majesty will allow, I will be happy to negotiate terms with you.”

She frowned her eyebrows when she heard that. The only reason he would say that is if he foresaw her attempt to protect the hero. In which case she had something he wanted.

“I will allow it.” Her father declared.

As Nakimo remembered this, he heard footsteps coming down the stone stairs. They weren’t heavy so he concluded that they didn’t belong to the metal armored knights.

Those steps belonged to Susan who had a low-spirited expression on her face.

“How did it go?”

“Hmm… Well, I guess.” She said before pausing. She sighed before explaining the situation to him.

He would be under the care of the temple but would report to the castle every morning for 3 months to do daily work that would be assigned to him. She managed to arrange some guards to follow him in situations where he left the castle for work in the town.

If guards were not present, there was a likelihood of him being killed.

“Hmm… that sounds alright to me but that gloomy expression you have suggestions you got the short end of the stick.”

“By being you caretaker, we are responsible for the slave choker around your neck. In other words, its MP consumption is coming from us.”

In a world where mana was the most important thing. Spending it on a slave was just a waste. Because of this slavery was virtually none existent. Of course, they were people out there who would work like slaves but the fact remained that it was cheaper to pay them with mana than put a salve choker around their necks.

“Sorry, because of me you are having troubles,” Nakimo said.

His words made her feel shame: Compared to his troubles mine are nothing to frown over.

“I am the one who put you in this situation. Had I not summoned you, you would still be in your original world.”

“True, but if you didn’t summon me, someone else would have, right?”

“There is no guarantee that the same people can be summoned by two different arc priests.”

“… I see… Well, what is done is done. I am still grateful for what you have done for me.”

She couldn’t say anything. The negotiation went well but they were limited to saving his life from execution. There was no telling what would happen to him in the future.

She felt guilty. He clearly had his hopes up but that was only because he clearly didn’t understand the hatred humans had for the goddess.

“What will happen to me after the three months?”

“You are to be freed, is what we agreed upon. From there I will do my best to find you a place to live peacefully. Sorry, but you may end up living on a small farm somewhere.”

“No problem. I did some farm work in my past life so I am pretty confident in my ability to farm.” He said cheerfully. “But I must admit. Not being able to have a harem of cat-eared girls kind of hurts… hmm. Princess, you said that humans mate with the other three races right? Doesn’t mean their children are some sort of fifth race?”

“No. They are human. Some call themselves demi-humans or halfies, but they are considered human. They look like humans with small differences. A demi-elf will have long pointy ears but those ears will be shorter than a real elf. Demi-dwarfs will be taller than real dwarfs but shorter than your average human. Demi-demons areas you can understand are the most rarely seen and you can spot them from their light brown skin and blue hair.”

“I will try to remember that.”

“…”

There was a brief moment of silence. Neither one knew what to say to the other.

“I will be leaving now. I know it is uncomfortable, but please try and rest. Starting tomorrow, you will be put to work.”

“Understood.”

“You looking down in the dumps sister.”

“You are not looking so good either Sofia.”

Susan was walking the castle halls when she ran into her younger sister.

“I had to announce in the town square that the hero had been made into a royal slave and won’t be executed. The people started to shout and complain, it was really scary. Why couldn’t the prime minister do this?”

“Sorry about that. This kind of announcement could only be done by royalty, and as acting ruler, their father could not be tasked with such a thing.”

“Still… It was scary… I never want to do that kind of thing again.”

Susan sighed when she heard her sister's complaints. As a future ruler, she needed to get used to such things. Being ruler wasn’t all fun and games. If anything it was a heavy burden that only people with thick skins could handle.

Her timid sister was far from ideal in that regard.

“Why don’t we eat something sweet together? It will take your mind off it.”

“Really? You’re the best sister…”

As she patted the head of her little sister. Susan prayed in her heart that her mother would return quickly.

Her father was making plans and Prime Minister Randall Capricorn seemed to be supporting him. Her father wasn’t much of a threat on his own. If anything, while he didn’t love her mother he didn’t hate her either. He simply didn’t like the fact that he was beneath her.

His marriage to her was a result of his duke household in a neighboring kingdom virtually kicking him out by arranging the marriage with the then ruler of Helena.

They paid a large sum of money and mana but by arranging the marriage they could legally disown him as heir to the household.

He vowed revenge on the dukedom and worked to achieve that by being the most powerful person in Helena.

A foolish dream. Not only would a man not have much influence in a female-dominated kingdom, his bride even at the youthful age of seventeen was well known for her cunning ways.

Nicknamed the witch of foxhound. Her ability to play with her opponents was well known. She could have easily blocked the marriage if she wanted to but the bribe her royal family was offered could not be ignored.

In the end, she married him and had two daughters by him. He constantly tried to undermine her authority by failed at every turn.

He was indeed not a threat but Prime Minister Randall Capricorn was a different matter.
    Susan had deemed him too dangerous to be left alone for long, but her mother was in the demon kingdom and facing problems of her own.

“Boring” (Rania)

“Well… It can’t be all drama, you know…” (Selma)

“But there has been nothing happening… Ha…”

“Why don’t we turn our attention to the demon kingdom then?”

“Why… Aren’t the humans and demons just playing tag over there?”

“True, but there is nothing happening with the hero at the moment. We will switch back after we take a peek at the other side.”

“Okay…”

“Who knows, maybe the witch of foxhound will seduce the demon king.”

“…”(Delphi)

10. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8

In the demon kingdom.

Humans were gathered in a large room. Around a table sat the representatives who came to negotiate with the demons on the possibility of them selling their mana for goods.

The dwarfs who were master crafters had no need for them and the elves who loved to live among the forests of their lands didn't need them either.

What the elves required, were nature loving products. This was something that city-living humans couldn’t understand. It was therefore impossible to sell to them, large amounts of goods as they would reject such an offer on the grounds of not wanting to pollute their natural lands.

This left the demons as the last resort. Humans still surpassed demons in the creation of goods and dwarfs had no need to trade their crafts for mana or vice versa.

In order to hold these negotiations, they needed to talk to the demon king. The demons and the elves were both united under one ruler.

The demon king for the demons and the elven empress for the elves.

The dwarfs were ruled by the council to thirteen, while the humans were divided into kingdoms, dukedoms, and city-states. Their only uniting factor being the faith of the two goddesses.

As they waited they talked amongst themselves.

“Are they going to make us wait again? Not that I am complaining or anything.”

The first to speak was King Alex Von Capricorn. He was a man in his earlier fifties.

“Why are you always in a rush to do things…?” The one who spoke to him next was King Columbia Hon Heartland

“They have been making us run around in circles for weeks now. Just what are they thinking?”

“They are probably just trying to show their power. Every day we are bombarded with their finest food, music, and magic shows. Tch… They have so much mana they can even afford to use it for entertainment.”

“Hmm… It was entertaining but it makes me uneasy. If war between…”

“Such a thing would never happen. Remember the goddess forbade the war or actions that could lead to war. It is for that very reason we royalties of the race that all demons despise can be here on their home kingdom without fear.”

“You are right. They have been treating us nicely. Now that I think about it, perhaps they are delaying the negotiations as a means to insult us because they have no other way?”

Keeping royalty waiting was a huge insult but that was not the reason for their actions.

“Probably…”

“Haaa… I wish my citizens could feel this. Mana everywhere. Every time I use it without fear of the cost make me feel like I am going to cry.”

“I know how you feel. Ha... You have been quiet today… What do you think of all this? Witch of Foxhound?”

Upon being called out. The third person placed her teacup down and spoke. She was in her early forties but looked like she was in her late twenties. She had long blond hair, amazing blue eyes. Red lips and white soft skin.

She was the mother of Sofia and Susan.

Queen Helen M. Helena.

“There is no need for us to push the issue. The demon king will meet us after or during the next games.”

“Tsk…” King Columbia uttered

“So, they are going to negotiate when we are down in the gutter.”

“That does seem to be their plan. After the next game, our mana reserves will be beyond critical.”

Demons had the highest amount of mana. With 140 billion worth of MP. With so much mana at their disposal rather than rely on mana orbs to store, transfer and sell mana like humans. They let it flow naturally around their kingdom.

This was also true for elves. With 87 billion worth of MP. They could afford to let it also flow naturally through their lands.

In the past, some humans would sneak into their lands in the hopes of replenishing their mana.

In the demon kingdom, they were killed on sight.

In the elven kingdom, the men were killed while the women were made into prostitutes until they were pregnant then shipped back to the human domain.

Dwarfs had 45 billion worth of mana but they too used mana orbs. Dwarfs only need mana when they made magical artifacts. These artifacts like swords, bows, and armor were what the dwarfs used to fight and could store a large volume of mana when fully charged. For this reason, there was no need to have mana flow freely.

Last were the humans with 400 million MP.

If the whole world were one city, the human district would be the slums.

Humanity was on its last legs. The heroes they had summoned were the last ones they could afford.

Some questioned as to whether it was worth the effort but the pope had no other choice. The higher-ups of the faith pushed for it. Like compulsive gamblers, they believed that this time they would win. They would find that one diamond in the rough hero who would save humanity.

“They are going to wait until we are crawling on our feet then make us lick their boots.” Queen Helen said coldly.

“Including the demon king, there are many who were alive when humanity tried to unite the races. I am sure they would like nothing more than to see humanity dead or enslaved.” King Alex added

“True. I personally don't have faith in the heroes but if the demons are planning on making us walk in circles then we should use that to our advantage. How are things on your end?”

“Our heroes are training with top-rank adventures. In the past we would have restricted them on the use of their mana but as you have suggested, we will have them go all out and once their mana is depleted they will sail on a ship to here where they will replenish it.” King Columbia answered

“As expected of the Witch of foxhound. Only you could have thought of such a thing. By registering the heroes as part of the delegation beforehand they will be able to live and enter the demon kingdom as long as we are here.”

“There is no need to praise me. I simply wanted us to use the situation to our advantage; that being said, you remember what we agreed on?”

“If anyone our hero wins the next goddess game we are hand over one-third of our mana to Helena. That is what we agreed on, right?”

The odds of a hero wining a game were virtually 0, but the queen was not taking any chance. If anyone of them managed to win she wanted a share of the spoils.

Should a human hero win. The faith would receive the mana and distribute it to the other kingdoms, dukedoms and city-states. There was one exception to this. The wining hero's host kingdom would automatically receive one third of the reward, which was a huge amount of mana for any one kingdom.

“Yes. I, in return, will lend you my strength in these negotiations and take the hero of the goddess Delphi under my care.”

Originally Capricorn was supposed to take Nakimo and Heartland was supposed to lead the delegation. Not feeling up to the task, they both went to Helen to make this deal.

“Don’t worry… We will honor our arrangement.”

Hmm… The demon king is playing for time but I wonder if that is all he is planning, Queen Helen thought to herself as she continued to drink her tea.

Meanwhile, in another part of the castle, the demon king welcomed one of his aides into his office.

“How are the human’s doing?” he asked.

He had white hair with a dash of silver. He had clear brown eyes. He was clearly physically fit and his face was handsome, to say the least.

If Nakimo had met him he would call him an ikemen.

“They play us for fools. They think that we don’t know that they are using this chance to have their heroes fill their mana here. It is disgusting how they look down on us even in this situation.”

“You’re wrong. I seriously doubt that they are looking down on us nor are they trying to hide anything. They are simply using the situation to their advantage. It must be the work of that woman.”

“You mean the Queen of Helena? I guess she really is a cunning one.”

“Don’t underestimate her…”

“Don’t worry once our puppet is in…”

Before his aide could speak another word, the demon king slammed her into the wall.

Her face went pale. She could feel the killing intent he was giving. She was scared, very scared.

“How many times have I told you to watch that mouth of yours?”

“So-Sorry.”

“Ever since you foolishly blabbed to the humans as to why they only received two golden orbs I told you that I would end your life if you talked carelessly again.”

“But we are alone…”

“What difference does that make? Never utter what unnecessary things again…”

“Understood… big brother.”

In the goddess realm, one goddess looked at what was transpiring with suspicion...

11. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9

“Suspicious” (Selma)

“Very suspicious… What was suspicious again?” (Rania)

“Why was he preventing that young demon girl from speaking? It was almost as if he sensed us spying on him.”

“Come on, that is not possible. First of all our power is divine. There is no opposing it or detecting it.”

“Even if you say that… It was still weird. I wonder what he was hiding.”

The goddesses were not all-knowing beings. If they didn’t see it with their own eyes then they had no record of it. That being said, one could not lie to a goddess. If they needed to find out what happened before they need only ask someone who was there.

“Hmm… Maybe he has a lover he doesn’t want Delphi to know about.”

“Be serious. I can’t shake the feeling that he is hiding something important.”

“You’re just imagining it. However, if you think that is the case, we could always summon him here and ask him directly.”

“Hmm… Delphi… What do you think about this?”

“I don’t know what you want me to say…”

“Tsk…” Selma uttered

“This is boring… I think I will take a quick bath.” Rania said

“I think I will join you. There is nothing to see here.”

Selma paused and looked at Delphi before leaving the room. Delphi stared on as the demon king's sister left his office. Now alone she closed her eyes and reached out to him.

Before he could sit down the demon king felt a familiar presence. It was one that he felt often, but he could never mistake it.

“Delphi?” His eyes open wide when she appeared before him.

“It has been a while, yes?”

“Yes, it has.” He said before taking a knee before her. “Welcome back my goddess.”

She smiled when she heard those words, and reached her hands out to him.

“There is not much time. May I have a word with you?”

“I will always hear your words, my goddess. Have a seat here.”

They held hands as they sat on the couch. They gazed into each other’s eyes like long-lost lovers who had reunited.

“Is there something you wanted to discuss?”

“It is about the negotiations with the humans. What are you planning exactly?”

He closed his eyes for a moment before speaking again. “The elder demons are waiting until the humans lose the next game to negotiate the selling of one of their kingdoms to us demons.”

He couldn't lie before a goddess and said the truth.

It was now her turn to open her eyes wide, “What are you saying? My sisters will never allow such a thing.”

“And why will it not be allowed? It is not like we are attacking the humans. We are asking for a trade. Land for mana.”

It pained her to admit it but what he was saying was truthful. Nothing was preventing one race from selling land to another.

However, should such a deal be put forward and accepted, humanity that already sees her as evil incarnated will absolutely hate her even more than they do now.

She wasn’t really concerned about how they viewed her, but…

That human hero will surely suffer a backlash from it. That princess has secured a chance for him to survive but this kind of deal will absolutely result in his death one way or another.

“Is something the matter Delphi? You look troubled by something else.”

“The humans have summoned heroes. I am sure you have heard about it.”

“I have. Some of those heroes travel here as delegates after all.”

“Then you must realize that there is one that has my divine protection…”

“You wish for me to offer him shelter?”

“Is it possible?”

"The hatred of humans by demons hasn’t wavered over the centuries. I know that it pains you see the fate of your heroes; especially the one who fled here…”

“You didn’t have a choice at that time… the elder demons had cornered you into a tight spot.. I told you, that you don’t need to bring that up again.”

“Even if you say that. Because I am weak, you have to suffer the pain of having your heroes curse your name. I don’t like it. I want it to stop but…”

The room went quiet.

“I know you are doing your best. I have faith in you.”

“Delphi!?”

“Look at those eyes. They haven’t changed since that time I first met you.”

“There you go, teasing me again.” He said before blushing.

“My sisters will be back soon, so I must take my leave.”

“Already?”

“Yes…” she replied as she stood up and walked to the center of the room. She paused and thought for a moment before turning back to face him.

“What were you talking about with your sister earlier…”

“You saw that?”

She nodded at his question.

“It seemed like you didn’t want her to say something.”

“I guess I can’t hide anything from you.” His words made her uneasy. “I wanted it to be a surprise but I am working on a way to have the demons accept the goods for mana. To achieve that, I am working with a human in a human kingdom.”

“What…!?”

“Furthermore, I am helping your hero.”

“Are you the reason the human princess is protecting him?”

“Princess? …umm no …I have no dealing with a princess, or at least I don’t think so. My contact is male”

“Do you know his name?”

“umm... Randall Capricorn”

“Ah…”

“You know of him?”

“Yes, he supported the princess's idea of turning the hero into a slave rather than killing him.”

“That is my contact. I am keeping this hash-hash as you can understand. I wanted to surprise you so.”

“I understand and thank you. It is a wonderful surprise even if I have ruined it.”

“All I want to see is your lovely smile Delphi.”

With those words, the goddess vanished like fog while blushing. She returned to the divine realm and changed the screen to Nakimo.

She smiled when she saw him and thought,

Just hold on a little longer. Unlike before, this time there is hope. Even if you still hate me, as long as you survive and live a happy long life, i will be happy.

As he felt the goddess gaze leave the room the demon king summoned his status screen.

Name: ###### ######

Level: 350/400

Title: Demon King

Class: Berserker

Attributes: Wind, Earth, Dark, Lighting

HP: 4 million/4 million

MP: 1 billion/1 billion

Skills: Chant-less Magic, Quick Magic, HP Recovery, MP Transfer, Slash King, Rage Fighter, Power up, Counter-Strike, Berserker Mode, Demon Eyes, Demon Claws, Rapid Dash, Kings Grip, Shadow Clone, Teleportation

Unique Skill: Mao [Gives one command over demons and the power to rebel against the goddess]

“I am sorry Delphi, but I can’t forgive the humans or your sisters. When my plan is over, both of them will be gone, and you and I will rule over the rest as god and goddess.

12. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10

I take it back. This is hell.

“Oi bastard. Be sure the signboard is super clean.”

The person who just uttered those words was the employer for the day. She was the owner of a bar and I was hired to be a waitress.

I am currently standing on a ladder cleaning the sign while wearing the bar uniform.

It is a short one-piece maid skirt.

There is a crowd watching as I do work. From time to time some throw rotten vegetables in my direction and other times.

“Ahhhhhh”

“Watch were you standing bastard”

I fell down for the 5th time already. The guards who are supposed to protect me snicker and laugh every time someone makes me fall down from the ladder.

“Oi… I am not paying you to lay there.” The owner said before throwing cold water on me. These people clearly had hatred for me.

Am I going to survive three months of this?

My jobs became worse and worse.

Carrying heaving building materials.

Cleaning public toilets.

And being the punching bag for some noble’s son.

The worst of them was the weapon shops owner who hired me to test out her whips.

As the weeks turned into months, I began to lose my sanity. I could hear the faint voice of Susan from time to time but it was fading as my treatment worsen.

I was scared. I thought I would survive this, but I think I will not. I feel like I am carrying a heavy burden on my shoulders.

“Oi you piece of shit, get into your cell,” a knight said as she kicked the collapsed Nakimo.

He made no sound and simply rolled into his cell. His eyes were lifeless. He had endured countless beatings and humiliations over the past two months.

He became a lifeless doll.

“I can’t believe I was stuck with watching over this piece of shit.” The other knight uttered before stomping on him. “Why don’t you just die already, your no good for nothing hero of that bitch goddess.”

“What do you think you are doing!?” a voice shouted at them.

“Lady Susan!”

“Is this how you are supposed to treat him?”

“But…”

“No excuses. The royal family and the faith of the two goddesses have already determined his fate. Are you going against the royal family and the faith?” she asked with a glare.

“No princess, we would never?”

“Please forgive us.” They both pleaded

“Leave. I never repeat this transaction again.”

““Yes””

Susan approached the motionless Nakimo with a painful expression on her face. The cheerful Nakimo who used to thank her for standing by his side was nowhere to be seen. What lay before her was an empty shell.

She sat him upright and began to ten to his wounds. She could no longer afford to use the healing skill and resorted to using medicine.

Because of this, Nakimo’s body was now plagued with scars. She would glance at Nakimo’s face as she applied the medicine to the scars. This should have been painful for Nakimo but he made no movement or sound.

She then feeds him a small portion of porridge.

“Open wide. There you go. I couldn’t bring any clean water today. I will try tomorrow. I found a farm deep in the countryside thanks to the temple. You can live peacefully there. There is only one month remaining before you are set free, so just hold on. The other heroes are beginning a tour of the human continent soon. They were part of the delegation that went to the demon kingdom, but they are touring the kingdoms to boost morale. They will arrive here next month, but I guess you don’t need to know that.” she said with a wry smile.

After feeding him, she wiped his mouth with a cloth before saying her goodbyes.

“I will come again soon. Until then, take care.”

“Thank… you…” he said softly.

Susan didn’t turn around but she clearly heard his whispered words of gratitude. She left the with a pale look on her face.

“You look, ill sister. Is something bothering you?”

Susan was walking the halls of the castle when a voice called out to her.

“Sofia… It's nothing.”

“You can’t fool me. It was about that hero, wasn’t it? The whole castle is talking about it you know. They say you have fallen in love with him.”

She sighed when she heard that.

“Even you have heard that rumor I see.”

“You should keep your distance from that hero sister, otherwise people will say bad things about you.”

“Let them talk. As long as my conscience is clear I don’t care what they say.”

“You are so strong-minded sister. I wish I could be the same.”

“You will be Sofia. Have faith in yourself.” She said as she patted her head. “Are those flowers for aunt’s grave?”

“Yes. Why don’t we go together?”

“I can’t. I have to go to the temple.”

“Has something happened?”

“I need to return the staff of kroon back to the holy land soon.”

The staff of kroon was a magical tool made a long time ago to help in the summoning of heroes.

It used to magnify the magical power of people who wielded it to allow them to summon heroes but these days it allowed one to connect to all the mana orbs on the humans continent and draw out the amount of mana needed for the ceremony.

It was the only magical tool of its kind in the whole world. The holy land usually required the priest to return the staff after the summoning was done but an exception was made for Susan.

This was meant to be the last summoning of heroes, to begin with, there was no reason to value the staff highly as they had done before. For this reason they allowed Susan to to take the staff back to her home kingdom.

“Eh… When will you be taking it back?”

“Hmm… I may have to leave by next week.”

“You can’t!”

“Eh… Why not?”

“That’s because… The heroes will be coming here next month. What is if something goes wrong? Father and the prime minister don’t tell me anything, even though I am the next heir. What if they are planning on hurting mother? I… I…”

“Okay-okay… claim down Sofia. I am sure that father means no harm towards mother. This is just his usual political rebellion. Mother will crush it when she returns. As for the prime minister, I was concerned about him before but he hasn’t done anything to catch my attention. I was probably overthinking it. Leave the heroes to him and everything will be fine.”

“But… but…” she said with teary eyes while clinging to her with one hand. “Can’t you just stay until the heroes arrive?”

“Alright. I will tell the temple of my intention to stay until the heroes arrive.”

“Thank you, sister.” She said before hugging her closely.

13. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11

Sofia was in the Levine graveyard for the royal family. This was the place where close members of the royal family were buried.

The royal family had three graveyards. Levine, Florence, and Escobar.

Florence housed the graves of the former Queens and Escobar the former consorts of the Queens.

In the Levine graveyard, she placed her flowers on the grave and began to pray.

“Paying your respect to the dead, your highness?” a voice called out to her.

“Prime Minister Randall! Don’t scare me like that.”

“My apologies your highness. I meant no harm by it.”

“Just don’t do it again. You scared me.” She timidly replied

“I will do my best.”

“Is there something you needed?” she asked

They stopped and stared at one another for a while.

“Forgive the intrusions.” spoke a man dressed in black as he appeared out of the shadows of the trees nearby.

“Are we being watched?” Randall asked

“No your grace. There are no spies form the queen around.”

“Good. Stand guard.”

“Understood he uttered before disappearing behind the trees.”

“Finally… I am sick and tired of acting all timidly all the time.” In a display that would shock Susan, Sofia changed her personality.

She glared at the grave of her dead aunt before smirking. “There was no way I was going to follow in your footsteps aunt.”

“If you keep talking like that, she might come back and hunt you.”

“Shut it. If she has the guts to return then I will just kill her again. Stupid bitch.”

“Oh, my princess… please watch your language.”

“Humph… How are things going on your end? My sister wanted to leave for the holy land with the staff by next week you know.”

“Did you stop her?”

“Of course I did. My plans require me to have that staff.”

“As expected of my beautiful princess. You did wonderfully.”

“Your praises are not what I looking for. Where is the gem you promised me?”

“I am making the final adjustments. Once it is done we only need to swap it with the one in the on the staff and wait for two to three months for it to activate.”

“Hmm… keeping my sister here after the heroes arrive will be the problem.”

“Not at all… I have thought of a plan on how to keep both her and the staff here.”

“Ho… I guess you have your uses as well.”

“I live to serve my princess.”

“Is that so?” she said before sitting on her aunt's black ceramic grave. “Prove it” she teased before pulling her dress upwards and lifting her foot. “Lick it”

“As you command.”

He got on one knee and began to lick the feet of the princess before gently caressing her thighs.

“hmmm”

“Does that please you?”

“Yes… More… More”

Before long the two were having sex on top of the grave. Their clothes were scatted everywhere as they threw caution to the wind.

The princess moaned with pleasure as their intercourse heated up.

As she drowned herself in pleasure she recalled her past self….

I was always second to my sister. In looks, intelligence, and everything else. Because of that everyone treated me like a ghost.

My only purpose was to take over my aunt’s role as a priest someday. For that reason, I spent more time with her than I did with my own mother.

She was always cheerful and would always try to cheer me up.

“You need to smile more Sofia. Your pretty smile will brighten this gloomy world.”

Over time I came to love my aunt as if she was my real mother.

We spent every day together. In her, I found my happiness, or at least that was how it was supposed to be.

“It is a pity you won’t be the next priest Susan. It would have put my mind at ease if it was you.”

I overheard her say those words to my sister one day. My mind went blank. I lost all sense of feeling. I wanted the world to burn.

Over the next few months, I began to make plans and found a puppet in Randall. His family was of lower nobility but his intellect could not be overlooked. It was for that reason my mother allowed him to work for the royal court.

His was oozing with ambition.

It didn’t take long for me to ensnare him into my plans and before long.

“Why are you doing this Sofia?”

“Why, you ask? Because I am sick and tired of being second to my perfect older sister. Because I am all alone in this world!”

“What are you saying? Haven’t I always been by your side?”

“You were only there because your duty demanded it. You loved my sister more than me. That is why you wanted her to be a priest instead of me.”

“You’re wrong… I wanted her to be a priest because I didn’t want you to suffer the burden it holds. You were always so scared of the responsibility that would be placed on your shoulders… I wanted a better life for you… I wanted you to choose your own destiny…”

“Well, I have chosen… I will rule over everyone and everything on this continent… No one will ever look down on me again.”

“I never looked down on you. I love you Sofia…”

“Shut up!...”

“I love you Sofia… Please… please… take care of yourself…”

Even to the very end, she spat lies at me. Foolish woman. When everything is said and done. I will rule over everything.

14. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 12

“Announcing the arrival of the heroes.” A voice cried out

The heroes, who were now released from their delegation duties were now in the kingdom of Helena.

Hero Soshiro, accompanied by Princess Aria Mallard Heartland entered the hall along with Hero Taiku, who was accompanied by Princess Emerald Capricorn.

Loud applause greeted their arrival. Helena was to act as the last base for the heroes before the goddess games.

This was arranged by the Queen of Helena.

“Welcome heroes to Helena.” The king uttered to them

“Thank you, your majesty.” All four replied in unison

“If you need anything, please tell Prime Minister Randall over there.”

“We are most grateful for your generosity.” Princess Emerald replied

“No problem. You had a long journey, it is the least we can do for you.”

“You took kind, your majesty.” Princess Aria replied before presenting a letter, “We come bearing a letter from Queen Helen, to is majesty.”

“Uhh” The king uttered as he felt a chill down his spine

The king and queen didn’t love one another but they weren’t enemies per se. The king wanted more power but not to the extent that he would rule over Helena. While the queen wanted the status quo to remain. Not only did she think that a two-system rule would only cause problems, but her husband also wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shade.

Easy to control and manipulate. She could never allow such a fool to have power.

“I will read it in my chambers.” He replied as a maid took the letter from the princess.

The king let out a cough to calm his nerves before declaring, “Let the banquet for the heroes begin.”

All the nobles raised a voice of cheer along with their cups as the banquet officially began.

“Princess Sofia and Lady Susan. It is an honor to see you once again.”

Princess Emerald greeted the two as she and Princess Aria allowed the noble to associate with the heroes.

They had in recent months become the heroes’ fiancés.

Sofia hid behind Susan when the two arrived.

“Still as timid as ever, Sofia.” Princess Aria uttered

“I don’t want to hear that that from you two bullies.” She replied before puffing her cheeks

“Ho my… we don’t bully you on purpose you know? You are just so adorable when you are teased.”

“Stop teasing me already. I am a future queen.”

“A future queen wouldn’t be hiding behind her sister.”

“Humph…” Sofia replied, much to the amusement of Princess Emerald and Princess Aria.

“Enough, teasing of my sister,” Susan spoke. “How are the negotiations going?”

“They haven’t even begun.” Princess Emerald

“What!” Susan uttered in shock

“It seems the demon king is buying for time. Queen Helen believes he will only enter negotiations after or during the next goddess games.” Princess Aria clarified

“Hmm… That does make sense. If the demons want to corner us in negotiations, waiting until the games will be their best option. What of the heroes? How is their training going?”

“Well. We gathered all the best adventures in the land to teach them various skills and magic. Thanks to your mother coming up with the idea of using the demons' tactics against them. The heroes were able to refill their mana in the demon continent, every time they ran out.”

“As expected of Queen Helen. She foresaw the demons' tactics and used them against them.” Princess Emerald praised

“Thank you for the compliments. I am sure my mother will be honored in hearing about them. Now then, I heard you got engaged to the heroes. How is that going?”

As they talked on, Sofia began to think to herself.

Humph… they make fun of me but treat her with respect. I will remember this humiliation. When my plans finally come together, I will make you all regret treating me like this. I swear it.

It was while she was thinking that when the sound of a crashing tray was heard.

“Oi… Is that you Nakimo? How dare bump into me.”

The person who just shouted was none other than Hero Soshiro. He glared at the lifeless doll that was Nakimo.

“I am talking to you bastard” he shouted before kicking Nakimo as he attempted to pick up the tray he had dropped.
    The kick was strong enough to have Nakimo bump into Hero Taiku.

“Get away from me worm. A small air blast spell he cast, sent Nakimo flying into the air before slamming on the floor, face first.

“Oi… I heard that the reason the human race is in this pitiful state is because of your worthless goddess.” Hero Soshiro uttered as he approached Nakimo

“Oi… I am talking to you.” He shouted before stomping on his back. “Don’t you think, you owe these people an apology? Because of your worthless goddess, people are suffering. Have you no shame as a Japanese? Come on, apologies.”

A crowd of cheering nobles gathered around them.

“Come on bastard. Apologize”

“Hero Soshiro! Stop this behavior at once.” Susan cried as she made her way through the crowd.

“Ha! But he is just some ugly bastard. Why do you care what happens to him.”

“I am responsible for him. Now get off him.”

“Nope!”

“Hero Soshiro!”

“If you really want me to let him go, then beg me to.”

“Eh?”

“You heard me. Get on your knees and beg me.”

15. hitori kanoko

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13

“Get on your knees and beg me.”

Those were the words Soshiro had spoken.

Helena was a female dominate kingdom that greatly frowned on actions that seemed demeaning to women.

If the doggy style, sex position was looked down on.

Even if he was a hero, his request was beyond rude.

“Soshiro-sama, what are you doing?”

“Eeee… Princess Emerald… I was just, teaching this bastard a lesson.” He uttered while pointing at Nakimo.

“How naive do you think I am?”

“Eto…”

“It seems you haven’t learned your lesion hero-sama. Should I take this moment to remind you of your responsibilities?” she was smiling when she uttered those words, but she was far from being happy.

“No… not another lecture!”

“Come with me… Sorry, Susan… It looks like my hero’s education is still lacking. I will go and see to it at once.”

“There is no need to apologize Princess Emerald. This will be treated as a misunderstanding.”

“Thank you for your understanding.”

Soshiro was dragged of by princess Emerald. Nakimo was taken back to his cell, on Susan's orders.

"It won't be long now. Soon you will be free"

Those were the parting words she left Nakimo as she left him there.

It was a few days after the incident. With his 3 months of slavery over, Nakimo was to be set free as prearranged.

He was locked in a cage, much to the displeasure of Susan who was riding a carriage with her sister and Prime Minister Randall.

Why is he following along? My sister’s curiosity about the dungeon we will pass on our way to the farmlands is understandable, because she doesn’t want to be left with the heroes and the princess, but as prime minister, he shouldn’t be in a position to leave the castle so easily.

“Is that it?” Sofia asked

“Yes… That is the dungeon of Helena.

Every human kingdom has a dungeon of its own. In the past, humans would explore these dungeons, in search of treasures. However, as the amount of mana dwindled and humanity’s fighting power became weak. The stairs of every dungeon entrance were destroyed.

This prevented monsters from reaching the surface. Should a monster find its way out, the damage it could do to a local population is unimaginable. That was just how weak humanity had become.

Susan looked at the pitch black whole. She threw a stone but heard no sound of it hitting the ground.

“Weird.”

“The dungeons are believed to be another dimension. That black black whole is the door way there. Long ago stairways stretched from the black whole and adventures would used them to get down.”

“In other words, dungeons are like mini worlds, right?”

“That’s right.”

“Yippy… How smart am I?”

“Very smart. Now that you have seen it, we should continue on our…”

Just as she was speaking, she heard the sound of the cage opening.

“What are you doing?” she asked the guards.

“They are following my orders lady Susan.”

“What is the meaning of this Randall?”

“The hero is to be thrown into the dungeon by royal decree.”

“My father made no such decree!”

“It wasn’t your father who made it.”

“Eh…”

Susan was surprised. She knew her mother couldn't have been the one to do it. That only left...

“Sorry sister. I made it.”

“Why… Why would you do such a thing?”

“I am doing it for the sake of the royal family. Don’t you realize the situation you put us in when you negotiated this deal with father?”

“What are you talking about Sofia? You don’t understand anything. Withdraw you decree at once or I will tell mother what you did.”

“Pfft… Pfft Hahahaha… I knew you would say something like that but still… pfft hahaha…. It still ticks me off.” Sofia uttered before slapping Susan

“What do you think you are doing?” Susan shouted before attempting to slap Sofia, but Sofia kept her composure.

Three figures wearing black clothing grabbed Susan before pinning her to the ground.

“Hahaha… Looking good big sister… That's it… That is what I wanted to see. I know its early Randall, however, i cant wait any longer... "

"As you command."

"Now then, lets change our schedule a little.”

[​IMG]

“Sofia! Have you gone mad?” Susan cried

“You are the mad one here, not I.”

“I don’t know why you are doing this, but if you stop right now…”

"You still don’t get it, do you? Then again, how could you? You have always thought yourself to be better than me, haven’t you?”

“I have never looked on you Sofia.”

“Lies… Just like aunt… Likely for you, I won’t kill you as I killed her.”

“What did you say?” Susan asked with a pale face.

“Shocking, isn’t it? All this time you and mother overlooked me as some hopeless girl who could never rule anything… but I will show you… I will show everyone.”

“We never did such a thing. We just wanted to protect you. IF WE EVER MADE YOU FEEL THAT WAY, THEN ISN’T IT YOUR FAULT FOR ACTING SO TIMID?

“Shut up!...”

The two glared at each other. Sofia was breathing heavily as her frustration began to build.

“Bring him here.” She ordered before Nakimo was dragged to her.

“Let him go Sofia. He has nothing to do with this.”

“Humph… You are in no position to be asking for favors Susan.” She uttered before turning to the lifeless doll that was Nakimo.

“Hero of the goddess Delphi. You know, a part of me feels a kinship with you. You did nothing wrong but because of someone else, you are treated like trash.”

[​IMG]

Nakimo uttered noting in response. He only stared at her, which made her feel uncomfortable and angry.

“Don't look at me you bastard.” She cried before kicking the helpless Nakimo

“Leave him alone Sofia. He has done nothing to you.”

“But he has. Ever since I met him, I have been reminded of my former self. Weak and Pathetic. It makes me sick…” she shouted before she continued her abuse of Nakimo

“Stop It!”

“You don’t like me treating him like this?”

“…”

“Then beg me to stop.”

“…”

“What is the matter? Will you beg me to stop or not?”

“Please... Sofia... Stop this…”

“As you wish…” She uttered before walking back to the carriage. Before the door was closed she choose this for her final words. “Throw him into the dungeon.”

“NO!” Susan cried as she helplessly saw Nakimo being thrown into the black pit.

The last thing Nakimo saw was Susan crying out his name.

“That was epic.” Goddess Rania shouted

“Indeed. I didn’t expect the sister to show her true colors this early on. What a twist.” Goddess Selma replied

“I know right. This must be part of her plans.”

“What do you think Delphi?” Selma asked

“…”

“Come on Delphi… Say something.”

“It can’t be helped. She has just lost another one of her heroes.”

“Hmm… Is he really dead? Perhaps we should check on his condition.”

“No way… We might miss something at the other end. Even if he managed to survive the fall, with his useless stats, there is no way he will survive.”

“Hmm… You have a point.”

Delphi closed her eyes when her sisters came to that conclusion. She too felt that Nakimo was destined for death, just like those that came before him.

There was no undoing what had already been done and she simply said a silent apology.

“I am sorry, Hero Nakimo.”

With that, Nakimo found himself alone. As his thoughts wondered on the hellish life he just went through. He came to one conclusion.

I will *** let it end ***** this.

I will ********* and ***********.

If anyone stands in my way. I will kill them!