Picked Up The Great Sage who returned from another world wants to live quietly

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, Oct 19, 2021.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate Name:
    Isekai Kaeri no Daikenja-sama wa Soredemo Kossori Kurashiteiru Tsumori desu
    異世界帰りの大賢者様はそれでもこっそり暮らしているつもりです

Publisher: Syosetsu

Raws: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9676fu/

Link to Manga Adaptation: https://lhtranslation.net/manga/ise...sore-demo-kossori-kurashite-iru-tsumori-desu/

Cover Illustration:
    [​IMG]

Description:

When Saito was 15 years old he was sent to another world, where he became the Great Sage and defeated the Demon Lord.

Shortly after that, the portal connecting the other world and Earth opened, and Saitou returns to Japan with the power of the Great Sage. However, 19 years have passed since he left.

Saito, who had drifted away for so long, met his childhood friend Kanako, who’s now a single mother. But it seems like there’s someone who’s targeting Kanako’s life… A story of a slow life wannabe Great Sage who came back from another world begins!

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

The premise is somewhat rare and refreshing. There very few Isekai series where the MC returns to Japan. This one takes the MC from a Western-type fantasy setting with his otherworldly magic powers and puts him in a modern Japanese fantasy setting with youkai, barrier magic, exorcists etc.

Plus from the Manga adaptation and what I've read of the novel raws this seems to be quite funny with an original story.

Also MC's special abilities are based on Chess rules and pieces which I haven't seen anywhere else.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  2. ShiinaTL

ShiinaTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    foxgirl reminds me of momiji from creator god since it looks like she's a yokai. hopefully someone picks it up :eek:

3. ilLUMIAnated

ilLUMIAnated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks really promising at first glance, at least it seems better than the absolute dumpster fire I'm reading right now LOL. Here's to hoping it picks up some steam!

4. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read the first chapter of the manga the premise seems sort of interesting, though the protagonist is one of those annoying loser types. You know those guys that always feel sorry for themselves, and blame other peoples happiness for their misfortune. Now I'm not sure if the novel will be any good, I mean we all know how it is, even if the premise is amazing, a lot of novels do the bare ass minimum when it comes to substance. Still the return from isekai is still kind of a rare troupe, so I'd like see some more.

5. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gautam1989 likes this.
  6. Gladiator02

Gladiator02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this gets picked up. Judging from manga it looks interesting. The way Mc uses magic looks unique enough and there are mysteries to keep the interest

7. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  8. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link