The Halo Effect

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A video about a poet

Got me to James Brown abusing his wife and his daughter getting abused and ..this pretty scary quot
    There is even some evidence that many of us act on the principle that every good deed earns us licence to do something bad. Psychologists call this “compensatory ethics” or “moral balancing”

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/27/jimmy-savile-sexual-abuse

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    This must be true after all the most peaceful man on earth , gandhi is the perfect example. Pacifist, vegan and when the end was near he said
    "NUKE THEM ALL"

Wujigege and m7vpc like this.
  3. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not hating, but this sounds like a plot from I’m Really a Superstar where the mc uses a poem to "pwn" others. Not super impressive.

4. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, ghandi isn't evil, all he did was consider africans as in inferior to whites and indians, and he liked to test to see if he had conquered his sexual weakness by sleeping naked with young naked girls.

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  5. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an ideology that practically extends from our furthest ancestors.

Some religions believe that good deeds outweigh bad ones, like on a scale, so as long as you make up for your sins, you are pardoned.

In some places, you are free of persecution as long as you have a purpose that cannot be covered by another. For example, in the times of kings, those with exceptionally high levels of authority abused it and did whatever they wanted.

It looks different now, but this is merely the by-product of focus-sighted individuals that cannot see things from other people's perspectives.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going for a civ reference but yes. A another indian example is mother theresa that refused to give pain reliever medication to death terminal patients because if they didn't feel pain how could she convert them at the last moment

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Wujigege likes this.