Discussion The hate on ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just based on the rating of 4.0 there isn't that much hate, you are just listening more to the hate than the support @Jojo775
    this and the fact that the author always always always makes every single woman he adds to the harem think that the MC died, the simple repetitiveness of the novel (might be normal in the genre but still sucks) are all reasons to hate on it

for me I also just got too bored of the novel in the cursed arc that I dropped it

Viola and Jojo775 like this.
  2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I stopped reading the story was starting to get dictated by the harem. He was running around to deal with one harem member's matter and then he was running around to deal with another's. Also even though he's a doctor that knows that his woman can't possibly have a kid with her cultivation method his brain was turned off so that he could attack her sect for drama. It had stopped being a story with a harem and turned into a story about a harem to me.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Melody likes this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad news spreads more or something like that. You can't exactly see the support for ATG but the hate is all around.

Viola and DiabolicGod like this.
  4. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    She's going to appear in 1-2 volumes, said by Mars.

My complaint, for now, is that Mars (author) himself loves to post spoilers. You can't ignore them because everyone will talk about it when discussing theories. When he's going to stop writing ATG for some time (1C/week) he posts a lot of spoilers.

SectlessJosh likes this.
  5. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, not really. It's people like you that give good CNs a terrible reputation.
    You've "read over 1000 chapters," yet you haven't understood any of the finer nuances of the novel? That's absurd, and your post is just misleading.
    Yes, a lot of the novel does have to do with getting back romantic interests, but definitely not an element that decides every decision of the MC.
    There's a reason that ATG is always in the top charts to whatever degree, and it's not because of some simple asinine reason of "I want women etc..."
    Stop slandering the novel.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, let us just broadly without any factual basis say that most people who dislike this novel is because it has Harem in it or because they want to maliciously down vote any novel that they deem at all inferior.

Anyone can make a broad statement without basis. If someone was so against Harem they wouldn't read it and shouldn't rate it. Some do but not "most".

And if you drop a novel it is because it is not good enough or interesting enough to keep their attention. And if you are reading a novel with a better plot than ATG and the plot for ATG isn't good enough for you to continue with it then it deserves a bad rating from you. Isn't that how it works, wouldn't you do the same for a different novel with worse plot that wasn't good enough for you to continue reading. Why make it sound malicious?

dabluesky, Nimroth, Waaazzap and 2 others like this.
  7. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there was also a lot of defending comments back when the hate on ATG was going on in a grand way, but yeah, there simply was like 1 thread saying ATG is great for every 5 or so that said it was bs
    same with MGA, when the rape scenes got translated there was a shitstorm here
    ^this

Viola likes this.
  8. Kagutsuchi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, more or less. Though we can respect their opinion, it gets annoying at some point due to their reasons to spread hate. "I don't like Yun Che's overpowered sht" "The harem is bad"
    I mean, some of them simply hate ATG for stuff they can simply skip if they would have properly read the description, or tags. (I have seen a guy complaining about the harem itself... man... it's a harem novel...)

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone that says ATG is the worst novel ever is simply a troll, or they actually haven't read anything of it (or they're reading a novel that isn't a part of their preferred genre).
    ATG had, and still does have many defining elements that allow it to prevail over other novels on the charts.

Eternal Harem King and Jojo775 like this.
  10. Kagutsuchi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry here, months ago there were a lot of people hating it simply because it's harem... that confused me...
    And if you are reading a novel with a better plot than ATG and the plot for ATG isn't good enough for you to continue with it then it deserves a bad rating from you.
    Well, I have a long list of novels to downrate then, the plot isn't good enough to satisfy me because there are better novels...

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Little Fairy, nuff said.

12. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate??? maybe because this

Man: Riajuu go die!! EXPLOSIONN!!!
    Woman: MC has no faith, pervert, lolicon, beast

13. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like questioning a Buddhist why they're a Buddhist and not a Christian or Muslim. It's a matter of taste and opinions. Different person have a different taste and opinions, you can't force someone to like something. Some people like yaoi genre, some people hate it. Some people hate dense protagonist, some don't mind it. So it's about the taste and opinions

SectlessJosh and Kagutsuchi like this.
  14. SectlessJosh

SectlessJosh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn: I hate the slow release rate :blobpopcorn:

15. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading because I didn't like the MC and the incest.

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that ratings and rankings dont mean shit on nu? Some of the reason it is on top is coz, fast releases, popular translator, had good starting chps so most decided to continue treading the shit, it is a power fantasy and fastfood novel.
    ---to the op---
    Xianxia/xuanhuan novels dont have to be repetitive. There are many which aint. Atg is not one of them. Another problem is that even if it is repetitive, it fails to have even a slight twist or something that makes you go 'doesnt matter if it similar to last arc, this one is fun'.
    You are only comparing it with mga for some reason, mga is indeed worse that atg, but that doesnt imply anywhere that atg is a good novel.
    Then again if you like it, just read it. No point in creating this thread. You are late by like a year or more to create this one...

SectlessJosh likes this.
  17. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same reason why I dropped MGA, and Shura's Wrath. For every fun, epic moment it had, there were just as many moments I really didn't care if the MC died or got cucked. It's a love-hate relationship. I like it because of what it is and there is no holds barred when it comes to the harem and his enemies. But then, the main characters themselves are pretty close to being the biggest douches and pos's in the story that they might as well be the villains.

One reason I stopped reading ATG at around ch 800ish is cuz It got annoying with how many times Yun Che would be like " yo, where is my woman at that I raped? She also gave birth to my baby, god I really need to find them." And yet, were at 1000+ and the author just NOW confirmed that she should be appearing in a volume or two. Lol, okay.

Again, just one reason. For every reason I like it, there would be a reason to dislike it and Yun Che being the biggest reason to not like it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Sabruness, Viola and SectlessJosh like this.
  18. SectlessJosh

SectlessJosh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really... really forced. So forced that it should be called rape.

19. SectlessJosh

SectlessJosh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens (not that exaggerated tho, lmao)

20. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually liked ATG quite a lot, and it is one of the better harem novels even but after MC went to the Realm of Gods this all changed for me. Especially after "the massacre" part I started to hate MC. Mars' MCs has this weird thing, the more story proceeds the more stupid they become. I don't know what happened after MC started to act like a meek little girl in front of his master so yea... I wish that part never happened. Also Little Fairy :(

Eternal Harem King and Delirious like this.