Discussion The hate on ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. ATG is really good. Don't listen to those losers who hate on ATG. I've noticed that the fools who write reviews rarely echo the real sentiment of the fans who actually read the stories. What I mean is that ATG has been a top 15 novel practically since it's inception here on NU. Numbers never lie. Those dumb clowns who think they're some hot shot book reviewers but are actually just snobs do lie. Either they simply don't like the genre (action/harem) or have some other ulterior motive for bashing the novel.

After all these years ATG is still ranked #10 All Time, #11 of the Month, and #13 of the Week. Enough said. Those snob clowns are just hating because no one likes their shitty novel.

2. LazyPrince

LazyPrince Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped this cause somehow the world is small. Yes there are different realms explained as "vast" but never explored much.(or maybe my imagination has not yet broken through from mortal realm?)Too much conflict conversation. Unlike Desolate Era and Long Live Summons that I can imagine the vastness of the world building and it was being explained/explored.

PS: Also because little fairy was missing along with their child. WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Eternal Harem King and Sabruness like this.
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link

Usually the vocal ones can be like that. They only project the part they disliked the most and everything else gets lost. Or they really just decided to read a novel they knew they weren't going to like then whined about it. If they had arguments about the harem and how it was handled then it's fine. But to just spout hate over something as broad as the genre is no good. Anyone making that arguement and only that arguement needs to critically review the novel and actually identify their problems with it.

To the 2nd quote response. I'm on mobile sorry.
    Yes... to a degree. A degree which is entirely based on your subjective opinion of the novels.

For me ATG is below average. There is so much better stuff out there I will never return to it. So if something was worse than ATG for me it would get a real bad rating personally.
    But change the focus of comparison to Mother of Learning say, and if something was worse than that then is may not necessarily deserve a bad rating.
    It is all about the object of comparison and what you are actually comparing it to.

Hopefully that clears up my statement more. In context concerning ATG I stand by it but I can see the confusion out of that context and how the statement doesn't work.

Ai chan and Kagutsuchi like this.
  4. Hikicarl

Hikicarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still like it.. but I hate yun che expanding his harem.. the love interests before his ascension to divine realm is my utmost limit for his harem.. but still good that I'll read it to completion..

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    100% Guaranteed.

The sucky part is is that there is no real way to combat that. :(

SectlessJosh likes this.
  6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan is proud of being one who hates on ATG. The repetitiveness is insane. There's the rape too, but since it's been over 2 years since Ai-chan read it, Ai-chan probably mix the rape up with Rapist God Asura.

mrttao, Razogul and Viola like this.
  7. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    Comparing ATG with SW tho, ATG is p blase.
    In sw, the ml is having sex with girls and nurturing girls to be his sex partners when they grow up.

Talk about child abuse

8. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate ATG and the other ww novel like MGA, AST, ED. Wasting my time for reading 1000ch+ for hoping they're becoming better. Eventually it's becoming more and more trasher. All of them become repetitive.

>Found treasures.
    >Become stronger.
    >Fairy attracted to mc.
    >Arrogant young master's not happy.
    >Kill arrogant young master.
    >Their ancestor show up.
    >Kill their ancestor.
    >Their allies show up.
    >Kill their allies.
    >There's no stronger enemies.
    >Moved to the another area.
    >Repeat.

Either i hate the author or i hate the mc. That's it.

9. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    In Evil Dragon Against the Heaven that's worse, there's a loli (full loli, she's literally a kid) who eats his semen to grow up...yeah. :blobdead:
    (Same author)

mrttao likes this.
  10. OppaiDaisuki

OppaiDaisuki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all many people hate ATG because...
    1. Repetitive - from my point of view, i didn't feel its repeating completely, why? First of all the events is different, the characters involve is different, the set up is different and lastly the power up of the mc is still reseasonable.(for fvcks sakes if you want the mc to not have power ups when facing a 3-4 stages(minor realm) cultivation above him or an entire clan then just please kindly end the story.)
    2. Information - basically people says that it spills out everything in the story.(hell no at the very least did you guys already know that the mc will end up in the snow song realm? No right? And did you guys end up predicting that little fairy became the dragon queen? No right? And also did you guys know that qingyue will be marrying the person who's her mother should be married to? No right? If you knew everything about this novel then you must be a time traveller or the author itself.)
    3. Harem - mc's way of getting the woman is the same.(no not at all, also for those who really read the novel will see that not every woman likes the mc at first sight (you think everyone of those beautiful woman is a b*tch in heat when they saw the mc they lost all reasoning that makes them want to give everything they have to the mc?) jasmine didn't like the mc first, but they are together from the very beginning (you think its impossible to develop feeling to the person you're together with?) xia qingyue - she didn't like the mc at all at first but she was betrothed to the mc by their grandparents.(even i dont know if xia qingyue love the mc...i realy cant remember any interaction between the 2)Lan xuero(cang yue) - the queen of moon palace, well i think the mc likes her for being elegant and being down to earth. But lan xuero didn't like him but values his potential not untill they were pursue by the xiao clan.(also pls note that lan xuero falls for the mc because he disregard his life in order to saves her) huan caiyi - she even tried to kill the mc and almost killed him (surely its not love at first sight right? If it is then this girl is mentally ill). She fell inlove with the mc after helping her clean those traitors for the demon realm. Chu yuechan(little fairy) - mc helps him with the poison in her body in exchange of protecting him but then was crippled after fighting a flood dragon and in order for the mc to save her they have intercourse which makes her gets pregnant but the mc bas no knowledge of it, she is the regret of the mc in this life. Feng xuer - mc met her after being injured and help him recover then teach him the world ode of phoenix and in exchange he taught her the last stage of the world ode, then they met again in a competition (i forgot its name but i think it has a ranking on its name..) then the pnx clan invade the blue wind and almost capture it but the mc comes to rescue then he goes to the pnx city to do some massacre and was stop by feng xuer then he force his father to kneel in the tomb of the king of blue wind and feng xuer became his fiancee. Su ling'er - his wife from his last life. Xiao lingxi (little aunt)- she took care of yun che even though he's branded as trash.

I'm a fan of ATG you have the rights to criticize my comment and im ok with that but pls before judging a novel at the very least read it first then comment. Don't be those who reads comments then judge the novel without knowing it.

Also about what i said about qingxue going to replace her mother as the husband. It's my own speculation sorry for putting it there but i think more or less it should be her.

philosopher, Heraclitus(1), once said 2,500 years ago: “no man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  11. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's start with the fact that pregnant woman is MIA for at least 500 chapters(I don't know if she's back yet since I dropped it).
    That would be a good start , one of his love interest is a child , one does not love him he keeps nagging her until she does... and that just the start of the problems

mrttao likes this.
  12. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok? and you're looking at it from a subjective point of view. I could say objectively, ATG is a good novel due to it's consistent high ranking on a system that objectively ranks novels.
    You also seem to be severely lacking in understanding that ATG doesn't necessarily have "fast releases" and the ilk, there's a plethora of complaints on WW forums on how slow Mars is regarding his releases. Sure, ATG is faster than novels that releases 1-3 chapters per month, but those aren't by any standard "normal" releases. ATG by contemporary standards has a relatively normal release rate, and I would even argue that it has a slow release rate, as Alyschu isn't even keeping up with the raws, and we have a chapter every few days. This by no means constitutes as "fast releases" for ATG.
    You also have no basis to state that ATG is only popular through superficial reasonings such as release rate, TL popularity and such, only speculation. Give me an objective sample size of individuals that only like ATG for your aforementioned reasons and I'll take back my words.
    P.S
    And yes, I do agree that a lot of novels are popular due to superficial reasonings such as fast release rates, but you can't group all popular novels into this category (and I will say again, ATG doesn't really have a fast release rate, TMW does, which is why it continues to be popular even though it actually is filler novel).

Kagutsuchi likes this.
  13. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Read both of those for hundreds of chapters and man, I'm glad I dropped them. So repetitive and the rape...

Ai chan likes this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blatant lies. This is a terrible novel.

Worse, it started strong which meant a lot of people got hooked on it and then got burned later on as quality drastically dropped. For more detailed explanation see
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/against-the-gods/comment-page-2/#comment-57082

Sabruness and ZeroBlink like this.
  15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be something that put me off about ATG, probably how MC forgot all his harems after he met a new one. Still, the repetitive plot isn't bad, but if there is no in-between plot to put some distance between them, it gotta get boring real quick.

I'm still reading Emperor's Domination and it still remained one of my most enjoyable novels.

mrttao likes this.
  16. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    i never said its a bad thing jesus... everyone keeps tagging me in this... i just said THATS why it gets so much hate because at first glance to casual readers thats all they freaking see like seriously the op of this topic asked why it gets so much hate my response is exactly the reason

Jojo775 likes this.
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is that magic objective ranking system and how does it objectively rank highly on it?

18. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet they're reading other shitty harem xianxia novels, so it's not really logical to trash one of the best ones while reading generic ones.
    Hm that's actually valid, yet I don't mind any of those points. I just don't care that he tehnically raped 3 girls so far. I read it for the action and humor.
    It's still better than MGA, PMG, ED, AST and whatever, it kinda pisses me off to be compared to those novels. Especially ED, it's one of the worst novels I've read and people are putting it on a pedestal.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously guys, stop it with the "Yun Che is a rapist" crap.
    MC has magic healing sperm, a woman who is madly in love with him and clearly reciprocating is crippled and dying and he can heal her. Despite actually wanting to (both because she is in love with him and because she doesn't want to die), she declares that she needs to die because her sect law bans relations with a man and as much as she loves him, she would rather die than disobey her sect.

At which point he "rapes" her, she makes a full recovery, and we discover the reason the sect has that law is that their cultivation technique is copied to anyone they have s*x with and they rightly know other sects will be lining up to gangrape them if they knew.

This is extremely contrived and unrealistic scenario the author has set up, and it is technically rape because she said no, but it's not really fair to brand the MC as a rapist over it due to the actual implied scenario of the word rape
    The story is garbage for many reasons, but the so called alleged "rape" is not the problem with this story.

There is the repetitiveness, the time travel, the plot armor, the stupidity of everyone, the hypocrisy, the plot holes, and many many other issues.

20. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, yes, it's rape. Pretty damn sad you actually consider it not to be. Was it for a good reason? Sure, doesn't change the process tho. Throughout the WHOLE thing, Ice Fairy didn't even want him to even touch her, and would rather have died. You said that yourself. Fyi: Reasons don't matter. If it's unwanted, it's rape. End of story. It was nothing more than a shitty excuse the author gave so he could have his character rape a woman as his fetish and have her added to his harem collection. Not the first time he's wrote something like this. Don't kid yourself. If it wasn't rape, or even considered rape, it wouldn't have a tag for it. Also, lol on the whole "madly in love bit". No, she wasn't in love... Yet. She was interested in him and for a woman like her, that's the closest feeling of "like" she has ever had except for her sister and master.

Also, one the reasons I even kept reading the story was for Ice Fairy. Easily the best heroine besides the princess. I didn't stop reading after it happened because I wanted to see how Shitty Che would make it up to her. 900 chapters later? I ain't seen nuffin. Oh, wait, just him collecting more women along the way while swearing he's in love and misses her dearly. Lolz. Like I said before, it's a love-hate relationship with me. For everything I like about it, I can probably name something I hate about it.

eray.gns and Jojo775 like this.