Discussion The hate on ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Duh, because a girl told him not too. Even though the reason why he slaughtered everyone was to not leave any "weeds uncut". Lolz.

tmark0099 likes this.
  2. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to counter your reply to my comment with some snarky post, but your response to these blinded white knight betas just makes me want to post in appreciation of your pragmatic approach to the novel.

mrttao likes this.
  3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    The part where he bangs the ice girl..
    she bare his child.
    She gets banished from her sect with all her power destroyed despite being the girl every young master want for years and never gets.
    I can just imagine the terrible things she will experience in that kind of world realistically.
    And yun che decide to ignore her and his newborn and begins to target another fire chick on another continent to bang.. .
    Coincidentally after hundreds or thousands of chapters I droped it, he is still targetting another girl's ass while that ice girl and her child is not even searched or mentioned at all..
    Yun che is an ass.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    GDLiZy likes this.
  4. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll show you proof!! ...is what I want to say to this 'She was not drugged by anyone, iirc she was injured due to fight' scene but I don't want to spoil my eyes by re-reading ATG so I'll let it be. It's really been long since I last read it so I may have forgotten some details but that's how i recall that part.

So you said he was coping his loss by sect crashing, fine. If that was it, then the author should have just wrote it like that. After all, YunChe is human. We aren't expecting him to behave like a Saint. But the author had to make his sect crashing action as the 'right' thing to do with the 'reason' being he was saving all the Ice Sect girls from being brainwashed by the Ice sect Leader. That's a total bullshit in my eyes. Like I said in my post, ancient girls without cultivation especially those beautiful ones are often abused by men and made man's plaything. With cultivation, they can avoid such fate.

And, what do you mean by he wasn't spouting lies? He was randomly coming up with the theory that if girls don't know Man's embrace, then these girls are living a pitiful lives.
    So basically, he was condemning all the woman who cultivates Ice Cultivation as pathetic all because they refuse to lose their virginity for cultivation. And the author even wrote that after YunChe said that, the sect girls suddenly 'realize' that they were very tragic because they had not intercourse with a guy before which doesn't make sense!!!

Then I think back, in the story, Yuechan is a LOT older than YunChe. When she meets YunChe, seeing his potential, she helps him out like a big sister or a kind aunt. To me, YunChe feels like a jinx because she was living a respected life with bright future before meeting YunChe. He not only took her virginity, making her unable to continue cultivate Ice path, he also stole her Ice cultivation rank and method. Because after that intercourse, Yunche was suddenly able to use YueChan's ice method in battle. Also, in wuxia, the sect you are from are treated almost like your family. By sect crashing YueChan's sect, it was equivalent to crashing her family members.

5. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, that's a joke. He's done everything viable in order to find LF. If it weren't for the fact that she teleported to some random place outside of everyone's purview apparently, YC would have found her long ago. He asked the merchant guild to find her on his home planet, then had Jasmine do a search of the entire planet when her strength was restored (and I'm only using two examples as they are the most obvious), but I guess this constitutes as LF not being searched for or mentioned at all.
    Which "another girl's ass" are you talking about? Jasmine? She's the central heroine that showed up even before LF, I really doubt that YC trying to make amends and get her back is really an issue.

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for the fact that he keeps on going on his journey and didnt even think much of her fate and his newborn child and begin to chase another girl's ass disgusted me so much..
    I dont even wanna read another chapter of this novel.
    And do tell if the current latest chapter even have any hint of info of the ice girl and her child. Im betting its a no.
    He just wrote off a dissapearence of a helpless mother and her child with zero cultivation as "doing the best I can" and ignore them to get more harem members.

GDLiZy likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Le Sigh..
    I need ideas to solve actual problems.
    Maybe use your brain power for that.
    Any rational suggestions on how to combat the beast that is Qidian for small sites like mine?

To answer your question. It's all subjective.
    One man's crap is another's treasure.
    Doesn't make either wrong but doesn't mean either is right too

8. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    You're hilarious. I guess calling rape for what it is white knighting? No, seriously. That was a comment about me because I considered rape to be what it is, rape. That was literally my only point about that scenario and apparently, I'm now considered a white knight because I call things for what they are? :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, she didn't lose all her powers. She lost the ice arts which are a high grade art which she cultivated to a high level and was her main means of attack in combat. However, she retained her cultivation level of emperor.

This means she will get rekt by same level cultivators unless she can find another high grade combat art, but very few people of such high cultivation level exist. Even with the crappiest attack arts, just by sheer Qi quantity she would defeat anyone in lower major realms (unless he is a cheat like the MC who can transcend realms). For example, the MC's original home town had literally 0 people who could fight her even after dispersing her ice arts.

Although she could start over once the baby is born with the same high grade ice arts, her level would be quite low, so she will fare poorly against same cultivation level enemies for a long while.
    Actually, only the MC's wife needed to keep her virginity for cultivation benefits because of the special arts she cultivates (the divine art that nobody could figure out except her and the MC. also, it is not a requirement, merely makes cultivation faster)

They refuse to lose their virginity because if word got out that one can copy decades of training in ice magic via sex with one of them then all the other sects will gang up to gangrape them. This is why their sect law bans it so strictly, and it is why she was supposed to kill the MC after he discovered this to keep it a secret at all cost, but couldn't bring herself to do so.

What is pitiful is how their sect was literally founded to be a shelter for raped women, yet mutated into refusing to accept non virgins and only accepting the most beautiful women. And why the hell did that immortal woman from higher plane impart such an art to a sect designed to be a shelter for women?
    Actually, he didn't steal it but COPIED it while leaving her with a perfectly intact copy. Not being a virgin does not in any way shape or form prevent her from cultivating in it.

Her sect master was trying to trick her into performing an abortion and lied to her, saying that her only way to prevent a miscarriage is to destroy her ice cultivation, so she should just have an abortion to preempt this.

But unexpectedly she actually went through with dispersing it. It was later revealed to have been a lie meant to coerce her into performing an abortion. Furthermore, the sect master who was allegedly her adoptive mother has responded to said dispersal by banishing her, instead of just having her restart on it after she gives birth.

So, very abusive family. Also, sects are generally NOT a family, you are thinking of CLAN. Sects are a school that recruits from many different families (technically the term has religious connotations too; and sects are often dominated by several families that have been in it for generations... so you could have young masters)
    Yes, MC is a neglectful husband/father that is too busy chasing ass to properly care for his babymommas. its really disgusting
    Yes, that was quite concerning. Especially when he, in character, admitted that this one guy he is sparing is literally the one guy in the clan he genocided that would be a genuine threat to him if left to grow... yet was not the whole purpose of massacring them in the first place to prevent this? The only justification for this was PLOT.

Also his insistence of being a hero while engaging in genocide and mass slaughter of cities.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to both (and a lot of others). I just completely lost interest somewhere around the 6-700s when the young master from one of the 4 saint(?) lands became a shitty, and repetitive, plot point. That and the whole Chu Yuechan saga just sapped all the interest i had.

Like quite a lot of wuxia/xianxia/xuanhuan stories, the start was strong and awesome and easily hooked you. Unfortunately, again like most, after a few hundred chapters the quality started an inevitable decline into shittiness

mrttao likes this.
  11. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sect was trying to protect it's own techniques and secrets.

What does yun che do? starts molesting the other faeries right away

12. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh I drop this novel long ago...
    Reasons are:
    1. I don’t know why the author love to make yunche a damn lolicon (like seriously. A loli is a loli no matter how old the loli is.)
    2. The harem are just bullshit.
    3. The main character act like a tyrant and care about nothing and no one (he believe that he’s a great person or sth tho, I don’t remember)
    4. The main character’s only goal in the whole story: “get stronger and get more girls”

But really tho. I just drop it because too much loli in the harem (not that I like harems anyways)

PS: nearly forget the fact that the mc care no shit for his lovers and let all of them be in danger. Having a harem is one sin (think affair) but having one and being irresponsible, I would be happy if he’s cucked to death (after this, imma go read a FanFiction about cucking the damn mc)

13. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you have obviously not read further than that point because this sect crashing issue gets resolved pretty quickly with Yun Che apologizing and later joining them. Well that is another part I have a bit of a problem with like all the girls are helpless and need a man to save them but it's done in a way that is acceptable with all the foreshadowing and help he gets from different girls. I think you have already decided to hate the novel so your perspective got muddled because it is pretty good all in all.

14. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. What do you expect from a pervert? If you put sheep in front of a wolf they are gonna get eaten.

15. ZeroBlink

Reading List:
    Link
    Or the wolf will get shot down by the huntsmen/farmer. Except in the authors fantasy all the huntsmen are idiots that let their underlings be molested.

tmark0099 likes this.
  16. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it wasn't the sect crashing action that irks me to stop reading but more to the fact the author thoughtlessly justify the mc actions by demeaning the girls way of life. It's made me feel like the author has some kind of antagonism towards females and had projected it out onto the novel. So, I just couldn't continue reading the story any further.

Basically, the entire sect act was like a guy robbing the supermarket because he was angry with the supermarket owner and wanted revenge. But the news report(author) wrote that the guy rob the supermarket because he is helping the supermarket owner to relieve some of the stock so that now the everyone benefits. Customer can get fresh stock. Workers less work for counting stock etc. And everybody goes yeah yeah you are right. We need to praise the guy who rob the supermarket because what he is doing is right as it is benefiting everyone. Of course later the guy who rob the supermarket went back to the owner and said sorry. The owner goes OK and appoint the guy to be manager in supermarket in exchange for robbing the supermarket earlier. Sound ridiculous right? That was what the scene of Yunche sect crashing was like to me.

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the sect was trying to protect its secrets it would have IMPRISONED not BANISHED a woman that knows all their secrets and has officially "seceded" so to speak by disbanding her cultivation in their art (not her overall cultivation level though).

Also, lying to her to try and trick her into having an abortion had absolutely jack fucking shit to do with it.

You are falling into the trap of "one side must be good guys". Since the MC is an asshole you think the sect must be "the good guys". They are not, everyone is a massive asshole in that universe.

MC saying that women who don't know the touch of men are pitiful was utterly cringy. But this doesn't magically make that sect not be shit.

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better analogy:
    And you are going "wow, that cult is completely innocent and in no way shape or form abuses its members... because the mayor said something retarded and offensive."

Your logic is completely and utterly ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing about the mayor (aka the MC/author mouthpiece) saying something moronic and offensive that magically absolves the abusive cult.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this way-way back and even then it was mediocre at best. It reads exactly like your typical xianxia novel, MC gets an OP cheat, some random disrespects him, MC gets revenge, picks up a girl along the way. I would say the only thing that stands out is the harem, the mc's cockiness and how he's like the incarnation of justice and the underage lolis. The loli part is totally unsurprising given Mars Gravity's history of being a closet paedophile. It probably doesn't deserve all the hate given how basic most novels in the Xianxia space are, but I can't see anything that makes this particular novel stand out, it literally has nothing that stands out in terms of plot, character development, comedy or romance. God knows why people read it but if it makes people happy that's good :^)

mrttao likes this.
  20. ZeroBlink

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the contrary I find all sides repulsive and what you presented as argument does not prove that the sect didn't want to protect their secrets. The reason why she was banished instead of imprisoned or even killed is due to her PERSONAL relationship with the teacher.

You are not making the distinction here between personal relations/luck and sect as a whole ,traditions , laws etc.

Keep your assumptions about me to yourself.