Picked Up The Haunted

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Da Xiao Jie, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Haunted
    Raw Link:
    https://m.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/xiesui/
    Or
    https://www.sto.cx/mbook-165132-1.html
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-haunted/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This novel is really awesome. I've been waiting for months but it seems like the previous translator dropped it. It's a horror themed novel. The two protagonists go through multiple reincarnations. The interesting part is that the ML is a pretty much a ghost/vampire/demon etc. I rarely read horror and supernatural stories but this one get me hooked. It's a modern day settings. Very easy to read and there is not much hard to understand words and metaphors. The ratings so far are very promising:
    Rating(4.6 / 5.0, 120 votes)
    5 86% (103 votes)
    4 4% (5 votes)
    3 3% (3 votes)
    2 0% (0 votes)
    1 8% (9 votes)
    It's completed story with 140 chapters (main story) and 41 chapters (side story)
    I hope some translator will pick this gem up because I'm itching to read the English version of The Haunted. I've been reading this story with the help of MTL but I just don't get the satisfaction from it.
    Description:
    Chi Yan always had a weak constitution, and ghosts had always tried to kill him. He tried many methods; seeking help from others, praying to god, but to no avail.

Coincidentally, Third Master Ye of Shiming City passed away, and a priest informed Chi Yan than Third Master Ye possessed the ‘look of demon’ and carrying a bit of his ashes and installing an altar for him at home, could help control the evil spirits around Chi Yan.

Left with no choice, Chi Yan took a gamble. Amazingly, it worked. However he didn’t expect to be haunted by the most persistent evil.

Obsessed with love, undying resentment, possessed by evil.

Az31r4 likes this.
  2. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't seems to notice this before thru MTL but the description is actually creepy:blob_ghost: but give it a try please

3. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already contacted the previous translator about picking it up! She has given me consent. Will be doing this after she release the last chapter for arc 1

Thanks

Az31r4 and Da Xiao Jie like this.
  4. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link

Yeay! Thank you:aww::aww:

redxx likes this.
  5. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know about how long that should take? Sorry if I seem impatient oops I love the series and was gonna just MTL the rest but I saw it was supposed to be picked up so I was gonna wait a while but there's no new chapters so I was concerned aha

Da Xiao Jie likes this.
  6. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The orginal translator said she will be posting the last chapter of arc 1 within this week!

auraizen and Da Xiao Jie like this.
  7. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great ty!