Spoiler The healer demands payment!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ro, Jul 31, 2020.

1. kurojotei

kurojotei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thanks, guys! That clarifies a lot of things. :sushi_thankyou:

I tried reading MTL, I had to stop after three chapters.

2. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Did that girl really cure the plant thing?

3. muriloandrade

muriloandrade Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the disciples relapse afterwards. Then they go beg to Meng Qi to cure then, but she says: Only if you pay me.

kawaii12345 and Kings_101 like this.
  4. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plant thing?

5. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Dam, so I'm guessing they didn't cut the seed but cut the sprout.

yeah I forgot what it was called. That evil vine parasites plant.

6. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened was that the MC and her sect members went to meet up with the group that went to check on the barrier between demons and humans. MC got there and was like theses symptoms look familiar and asked some questions to verify her guess. She then told everyone what the plant parasite was and who needed to be cured. I forgot if this event occured after or before the MC went out to get the necessary ingredients with her two friends and Su Junmo, but the FL of the first life instigated distrust against the MC by having another girl distrust and not believe in MC for various reasons.
    MC collects the ingredients (blood from a specific bird that needs to be killed by a specific skill (only MC trained the skill high enough, so she had to go)) and her small group wants to tape shut Su Junmo's mouth by the time they get back to the camp as he's a chatbox that doesn't shut up.(spent about a week looking for the ingredients) As many if the infected people only had a few more days until they are doomed, the people at the camp were worried. MC comes and says she can cure everyone, but her senior sister(original FL from her first life) says she can cure everyone. The group that distrusted her comprises of the MC's sect members as such they went with the FL. MC on the other hand treated everyone who believed in her.
    MC cures everyone. But the other group is found to not be cured but suppressed in the worse way possible. The FL suppressed the plant parasite but made the next outbreak of the symptoms worse which resulted in them rolling on the floor in pain in th sect's main hall.
    The MC's sect tries to guilt trip her into curing them after the MC explained what was wrong with the FL's cure But the foreign sect elder (an elder that came to bring MC's friend back, the something young master) steps in and speaks on behalf of the MC and states how ashamed he would be if he was part of a sect like this. MC then steps forward and states if you want a cure pay me as well as I accept I owe yous.
    MC then collects the I owe yous and cures everyone. Which also results in MC leaving the sect as well as others leaving the sect because of how ashamed they feel of the sect etc cetera.
    1. MC learned this from Su Junmo in her first life. She found him in his fox form close to death and spent weeks/months trying to cure him. Through various trial and errors, she finally cured him and ran. She considered Su Junmo an annoying never quiet chatbox. (He talked the most when he was in the most pain which the MC knew)
    2. The plant was raised by the red fox clan as weapons
    3. Stuff happened and the demon government banned the growing or creation of the vine
    4. It lives off living bodies
    5. It's a hassle to cure but not impossible to cure. The only known method before the MC appeared was for someone of higher cultivation to sacrifice a large portion of it to completely remove the plant parasite from the body.
    MC basically has people sit in the blood of the bird killed with a certain spell. I think she has them eat a pill to facilitate the removal and some other pills to make the patient feel better. She then casts her signature spell to remove the plant. Eventual the plant will dry out of the human body and be scooped up and destroyed by the MC.
    The patients sitting in blood had to endure a lot of pain just to get the plant out. It's a byproduct of the treatment, but there's no sequel.
    I may have gotten the order wrong but it should be largely correct

Uncopyright, Ceilo27, Migrad and 2 others like this.
  8. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the tiger cub. The "Beyond the Heaven" place can only be access through spirit/mental energy. The novel takes a lot of time stressing that people can change their appearance when they go there because they're not there with their physical bodies, that people can appear young, older, a different gender, taller, shorter, etc. than they really are. So the master was stuck as the tiger cub form due to being severely weakened, but could appear as his "true" human appearance in Beyond the Heaven because it was just his spiritual projection.
    Nooo, this is inaccurate. He does transform into his true tiger demon form at one point and he's a fully grown adult tiger. The master is absolutely an adult by demon cultivator standards still, and it's stated more or less in the novel he's an adult. He's young for someone of his power level, but he's an adult.

It's stated in the novel that the demons don't form cores like human cultivators, but instead form like... natal spirits? I don't remember the term. But basically they form like spirits based on their demon heritage eg. because the master is a white tiger demon, instead of an inner core he has a white tiger spirit inside him.
    It's also stated that these animal spirits are always babies. No matter how old demon cultivators get, their animal spirits will always be cute little baby forms. It's why demon cultivators will never ever take out their animal spirits to fight, even though it would make them stronger -- because it's embarrassing/lacking dignity to have these like, fat little tiger cubs and fox cubs and stuff rolling around on the battlefield. So in a way, the baby form is the "true" form of all demon cultivators, because it's the form of their core animal spirit.

So basically, he appeared as a tiger cub because he was so devastated and weakened that he reverted to the cub form because demon cultivators true animal spirits are all cubs, and also, frankly, for plot contrivance reasonings.

Uncopyright, Kings_101 and Ro like this.
  9. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip those idiots.

10. Negarrr

Negarrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats going to happen to than lu girl? (Orginal heroine)

11. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is still ongoing, but if you mean what happened to her after her treatment of the plant parasite failed: basically during the fuss of healing them, she slipped away and disappeared. MC noticed that there was devil energy in the bodies of the sect members she healed too. After that, she makes sporadic appearances but doesn't really play a huge role.

I kinda wanna say this: while I don't really like the O!FL, I think she's just spoiled, naive, and a little bit entitled. She's not malicious. She never actually schemes against the MC, she mostly seems to feel lost and confused at the MC's success rather than jealous and resentful, and overall is just sort of that type of heroine who is a well-meaning dumbass who hurts people by trying to do the right thing but not thinking things through first. She's not a green tea bitch or fake white lotus or scheming psychopath kind of heroine. I think unless author really makes her character become gradually more twisted, nothing particularly bad is gonna happen to her, she's just going to keeping losing out on all the opportunities she had in the first life as heaven's beloved daughter and show off that she was always kind of mediocre, but only succeeded because of protag halo.

12. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
  13. AoMay

AoMay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers, hope there'll be more.

I read until Meng Qi (MC) met the O.MC then... BAM, I skipped some to where she guessed the little white tiger is her master. But it still ongoing... I really want to know the reason Qin Xiumo and Chu Tianfeng having their memories. Because after that meeting with O.MC, somehow they have the same ability with O.MC to be invisible person.:blobunsure: I mean, if the author wanted to make different relationship between Meng Qi and them, I think having previous life memories are unnecessary. After all, there is no more sentence saying, "He is one of the O.MC's suitors."
    No, there is one more. MTL said his name is Li Che (?) and one of O.MC's suitors. But I don't think he has previous memories. That's why it confused me. :blobdizzy::notlikeblob:

I feel like the summary is not telling the story. Because after that Meng Qi didn't demand payment actively...? Or is it just me because I skipped? Sorry, can't really spoil this one. :sweating_profusely:

Ceilo27 likes this.
  14. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if im not mistaken, the first reason why she demand payment is for the O.MC suitors only, in her logic, the reason she died is because their fate still connected when she helped them, so by receiving payment, she hope it will fulfill their fate, to never cross each other again. You know, she keep meeting them again and again in their past life. So her main subjects to ask for payment are only O.MC suitors. The other reason why she ask payment is because the tiger cub need herbs that are expensive, so she need money

Ceilo27 likes this.
  15. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  16. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    The two other guys having memories of their past life is hinted to be because they were near/involved in MC's death. They also seem to know of/recognise MC's master/the ML, and that they were heavily tortured by him, so it's all sort of implied that the ML in the past life was the cause of MC's rebirth and whatever he did to the two reborn suitors is connected to that, which is why they remember too.

Li Che (?) was just a nice guy and also it's stated he was never romantically interested in O!FL, but just had lifesaving gratitude toward her and respected her as a fellow medical practitioner.

Also I agree the summary is misleading because the "demands payment" part was really downplayed. But as @seabreezemojito also stated, she only sought payment from people who had connections to the O!FL in the previous life. The reason she died is because the O!FL was a "daughter of heaven", and MC's actions (of helping the O!MLs without asking for payment) were considered to be stealing O!FL's luck/heavenly fortune, so MC was mistreated and eventually killed as punishment. MC believes that by taking payment, she will sever the karmic connection, and thus won't be punished by heaven's will for her actions.

The summary was very misleading, and implied that this was more of a petty/spite choice she made. Also, as the novel goes on it gets gradually more and more distance from the "original timeline" and "original FL and her suitors" plot thread, so as she encounters less MLs and people from her previous life that were connected to the O!FL, and even the O!FL gradually becomes kind of an irrelevant joke, the need for MC to seek payment becomes more and more backseat.

I need to catch up on raws, I got up to the part where MC enters a (second) secret realm and then just took a break because I haven't been up for trying to parse MTL.

17. Hikari95

Hikari95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was super enthralled by the novel and read up to chapter 134 (Chinese version), the story was super fluff up to chapter 130 <3. Past that, something really life changing happened to Meng Qi (FL) TT. The story seems so angst now...but the author said she will add more fluff so I'm hoping for that day haha. Let me spoil y'all with some story and fluff in the meanwhile...[read at your own risk]

If y'all haven't guessed yet, the ML is her master in her previous life, the tiger cub Xiao Qi, and the supreme lord of the demon realm. He is really powerful but suffered from severe internal injuries, hence appearing in his young beast form. The reason he treated Meng Qi so well in his past life is also because he loves her (awwww) and treats her as his wife, so when she died he was really REALLY desperate and went against the laws of the world to save her (implied from a flashback that Su Junmo had when he regained memories, not confirmed). But sadly...Meng Qi just saw him as her master lol (I pity the ML...)

ML has been subtly helping FL throughout the journey, but he made a lot more appearances during the medical conference (reason: he's jealous and protective lol). Previously when O!FL tried healing the disciples' poison, Meng Qi found devil energy after. That's because O!FL was together with a guy from the devil realm royal clan (bigshot -.-) and he was the one who did the healing.

Long story short, through various coincidences, Meng Qi indirectly caused him to lose face (cough, Meng qi being a loanshark cough) and he held a grudge towards her. He also doesn't like the medical union. So...he tried to mess up the medical conference. Obviously, things don't go as he planned due to miracle doctor Meng Qi and she ended up trapped with him (Ji Wu Gui) alone in the medical conference test realm (yes...realm created by an ultra complicated formation).

Apparently FL has insane talent for learning formations (and ML is a master of it) and she attracts the attention of Ji Wu Gui (1 more guy in the harem...). He wants to recruit her as his disciple, but ML is jealous. And so...ML refuses to let her listen to Ji Wu Gui and teaches her instead through telepathy, even though it is a huge burden on his body to do so. FL is over the moon with happiness ^^.

Here is a scene from the first test (pardon my amateurish translation):

[Meng Qi and black robed man (Ji Wu Gui) needs to look for 7 medicinal herbs in a barren wasteland, and decided to compete on who can find them first. The loser needs to listen and obey the winner for a day.]

“Hah" The black robed man smirked coldly. "Aren't you good at formations? And yet, you use such an old school method of finding medicines? You're brainless from head to toe! No wonder that guy refuses to accept you as his disciple, if I were to teach you, I'd sooner die of anger!"

Meng qi's face sank, and her eyes glinted with cold sparks.

"Not convinced? Then try your best to win, hahaha----" As he spoke, the man raised his absurd weapon with a flip of his hand. This weapon was longer and narrower than most, with a body of pure black, seemingly more like an blunt knife instead of a sword.

Taking a glance at Meng Qi, the man raised his weapon and started to draw on the ground. His actions were swift, as if victory was already in his hands. Where the knife cuts, dead leaves fluttered, smooth and natural.

Meng Qi retracted her gaze.

Her master...

She grew dejected and depressed. Indeed, she had no right to call him Master. Just as that man said, he never once accepted her as his disciple. Perhaps, her talent truly is too terrible.

Meng Qi took a deep breath. All the formations she had learnt were for defense, offense or refining medicines. Even this Hundred Ghosts Formation was learnt from the Heavenly Book Inn, from the honored senior, and not her master...

Meng Qi bit her lip in nervousness, despite knowing that the black robed man was only doing this to upset her. But she still felt uncomfortable. At times, sharp words truly hurt more deeply than weapons.

In that moment, her heart filled with anxiety, and her mind went blank, uncertain of what to do next.

No!

Meng Qi took a deep breath, and the cold frigid air clearer her mind. She forced herself to cheer up. She mustn't be affected by that man. Such words, can only be spoken to her by one person, and one person only!

And only when it is spoken by that person, will she believe!

She will win this man, and make her obey her commands for the rest of the day...hmph! With that, Meng qi carefully scrutinized her surroundings.

"An idiot will forever be an idiot!" Alongside her, the black robed man stood up, and seven or eight spirit stones flew towards the ground. The ground erupted in bright light with a boom, and the sound of laughter resounded eerily in the air.

An uncountable number of tiny white figures appeared, running towards the ends of the world.

"Exotic tricks or whatnot, are nothing to worry about. Now let me see, how should I punish you in the next 24 hours? Hmm..." Just as the man stopped speaking, a white figure ran to his feet, hands cupping a dainty, pink flower. That flower, was precisely one of the seven herbs required.

The man smirked with irony, and slowly said: "Call me 'Master' in every sentence you speak to me. Do it sweetly, smile, and answer me with 'Yes, Master'."

Meng Qi: "..."

What's with his bad taste?! Lowering her head, she focused on searching for the herbs instead. She mustn't lose! She must never call such a disgusting man 'Master'! She refuses to!

"Meng Qi" A gentle voice of a young man rang in her head.

Stunned, Meng qi stopped moving. Just like that day at Hua Jiang Mansion, the voice like a flute appeared in her mind, music to her ears. Except, the voice seemed deeper, as if it was hiding a great amount of anger--

"Showing off before an expert, hah---"

"Don't be afraid!" He said.

Meng Qi fell in a trance. The voice that held a trace of anger, sounding familiar and beautiful, was a voice she would never mistake. It was not her delusion, she was sure of it.

"...alright." She unconsciously agreed, drawing the irritation of the black robed man on her side.

"What alright?" His looked at her with contempt, "You're giving up?"

"Never!" Meng Qi declared. Her confidence has now been boosted up the roof. So what if the black robed man is strong? She's not scared!

... [imma skip the bulk of the fight, it's long TT]

"Child's play!" In Meng Qi's mind, the man's voice lazily spoke, "You can think about what you're going to make him do in the next 24 hours."

Hearing his relaxed tone, the figure of her master appeared in Meng Qi's mind.

The white robed man had his hair tied with a crown on his head, and wide flowing sleeves. His appearance was more handsome than anyone else in the world, and carried himself with a spirit-like aura. He loves to lie on his cushioned wooden recliner under the cherry blossom tree during spring afternoons, with a platter of fruits on his side. There he lounges lazily, watching Meng Qi cultivate. Those times, were the best memories of her life. Listening to the man's calm and soothing voice, Meng Qi's brows relaxed.

In contrast, Ji Wu Gui's eyes and scarred face became red.

The winner was obvious.

Even though Ji Wu Gui was stronger than her, somehow, Meng Qi relaxed instead. Suddenly, nothing can scare her anymore. No matter what challenges she may face, she will never be afraid! Meng Qi smiled and her face lightened.

18. Hikari95

Hikari95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers, cuz why not haha.

This is the scene where FL finds out ML is Xiao Qi. They are currently at the heart of Starfallen Sea, a place wrought with high level monsters (supposedly...but no, the ML has a frickin' island at the heart of Starfallen sea with countless invaluable treasures). The ML was accompanying the FL in his real human form, and as you can guess, Xiao Qi disappears. FL wants to find Xiao Qi and asks ML for help. They are standing at the edge of the island, and ML (Yun Qing Yan) said that maybe Xiao Qi dropped into the ocean of spirit energy and got devoured. FL wants to dive in and find him (but she'll die if she does do so).

"Meng Qi." Yun Qing Yan gently let her down, "let's return."

"But Xiao Qi..."

"He'll be fine." Yun Qing Yan calmly spoke, and turned to walk back.

"But..." Meng qi frowned. She has never doubted his words, never in the past, and never will in the future. Rooted in position, she stared at the gradually leaving Yun Qing Yan. Clad in a white robe under the stars, he looked like a lonely man standing up high.

"What?" Yun Qing Yan turned to face Meng Qi, "Do you not believe me?"

Meng Qi rapidly shook her head. Though her face expressed worry, her eyes were clear and without a shred of doubt.

"Then come with me." Yun Qing Yan called her once more.

Meng Qi still did not move. Unmovingly, she gazed into his eyes. Meng Qi pursed her lips, and pursed her lips again, her heartbeat gradually speeds up.

A scary thought flashed through her mind, taking root and sprouting with great clarity.

"Lord Qing...Qing Yan..." Meng Qi softly called.

"Hmm?" Yun Qing Yan raised his eyebrows, and met her gaze. Meng Qi stared at him in a trance, and the idea grew clearer and clearer, her heart beat faster and faster, as if it would jump out of her chest.

"That...that..." Meng Qi stuttered, "that is...Xiao Qi, he is also part of the royal White Tiger Clan."

"Uh huh." Yun Qing Yan nodded expressionlessly.

"Even though he looks young, he looks just like you!" Meng Qi continued.

"I know." Yun Qing Yan continued nodding expressionlessly.

"Lord Qing Yan..." Meng Qi took a deep breath. She looked at Yun Qing Yan's perfect facial features. Under the glow of the stars, he carried an air of mystery, making him look even more handsome under the night sky.

Meng Qi suddenly asked: "Are you Xiao Qi?"

As soon as the words left her mouth, even before Yun Yan Qing could answer her question, her face colored in embarrassment.

She did entertain such thoughts a while back, but considering Yun Qing Yan's great might, killing a powerful Violent Death Eagle in one hit, she really could not equate him to the sickly, feeble Xiao Qi. Xiao Qi's injury was examined by she herself after all.

Which was why, as soon as the thought crossed her mind, she immediately quashed the notion. The fact that Yun Qing Yan agreed to help her look for Xiao Qi reinforced this belief.

But now...

He said to return, and that Xiao Qi is alright. Lord Qing Yan has never been a cold and heartless person who cared not a person's life or death. He never was! The thought that was once rejected by her took root once more.

Her cheeks flamed red hot, but she still raised her head, looking unblinkingly at Yun Qing Yan. Under the stars, the white robed man's eyes shined even brighter in comparison.

"Do you wish that I am?" After a moment of silence, Yun Qing Yan softly asked.

"Huh?" Meng Qi did not understand, what has this have to do with her wish?

"Meng Qi." Yun Qing Yan's lips quirked in an inscrutable smile. Looking at her clueless face, he felt the need to remind her of her past deeds.

"Think, about what you did to Xiao Qi in the past." Yun Qing Yan said.

"Ah?" Meng Qi startled, and past memories flew across her mind. When they first met...

Wait a minute! Their first meeting! As if hit by lightning, Meng Qi stood in a daze. When they first met, she, seemed to have...

Meng Qi rapidly looked away, not daring to meet Yun Qing Yan's eyes.

Her previously flushed cheeks, became so red they were about to explode, and her temple throbbed.

"Meng Qi." Slowly, Yun Qing Yan walked towards her. Even with her head down, she could see the black boots just in front of her, and his white robe flowing with his every movement.

"Xiao Qi is definitely doing fine, he is very safe." Yun Qing Yan lowered his head, taking in her long black hair and thin, white neck. His eyes carried traces of laughter, and even his lips seemed to have quirked up higher.

"Do you understand now?" Yun Qing Yan asked.

"Yes, yes, understood!" Meng Qi answered, her voice slightly wavering.

"Now will you return with me?"

"Yes yes yes..." Meng Qi hurriedly agreed.

"Let's go then." Yun Qing Yan turned back.

[By the way...on this same island...the ML and FL had their first kiss!!! It was cute muahaha (though ML was suffering at that time ><) Shall translate that part when I have time. Their time at the island is really cute and fluffy wuffy!]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  19. magstralala

magstralala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this novel but I’m not enjoying the MTL. I made it to chapter ~80 but i think i will wait for the translations now and desperately try to find similar novels in the meantime.

but, i was wondering: who got memories back so far? Still only two persons?

20. Hikari95

Hikari95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, there's more :).
    After she healed Li Che (before the medical conference started), he started regaining fragments of memories. Also, when she was at Starfallen Sea with the rest of her gang, she healed Su Junmo from frost poison, and he also regained his memories, including a memory of ML going against the laws of the world after FL died. The common factor is that she healed the ppl in both lives and the only memories they regain are the ones related to her.