Mini RPG The Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    At first glance it looks ordinary; the lobby of a grand, old embellishment. There's two sets of spiral staircases leading upstairs, located on either side of the lobby. The ceiling extends all the way upwards, allowing those on the ground floor to spot a second and third floor patio area.

The windows and doors are crafted from thick panes of fully transparent glass, allowing people to see outside of the lobby. Most of the time, it's just obscure banks of mist and fog.

Pinned to the old billboard by the empty counter is a single, A4 sized piece of paper, with some words scribbled onto it.

Gone 4 Lunch
    "To ensure a pleasant stay, please make an effort to follow the rules below. Our cleaners do not relish wiping scorch marks/biological products off the walls/ceiling/floor or replacing said parts completely, and it makes the management a tad grumpy.
    1. Hijacking the souls/minds/bodies of others to make them do your bidding is frowned on. Tricking others to do things for you by merit of plain speech alone is acceptable. (No Godmodding. Seriously.)
    2. Changing the layout of the hotel is strongly frowned upon. The cleaners will not be happy finding the structure changed suddenly, and the owner tends to forcefully reset the hotel, trapping people in their own custom-added rooms. (The space outside the hotel is a sandbox. The hotel itself is non-customizable.)
    3. We welcome anyone and everyone, but guests are expected to behave like civilized beings within the premises, for the staff to treat them as guests. For severe cases, ring the bell thrice. (You can RP as basically anyone, even as your old characters from past RPs, but do try to keep drama down.)
    4. Taking into account the rights of eldritch beings amongst many others, guests are allowed the use of reality-warping abilities/items. To a degree. (Anyone can change the lobby setting to other locations, but refer to 2.)
    5. The receptionist assigns rooms. All of them are 12x18 ft large, so no squabbling about room change. (Seriously, the space outside the entrance is literally a sandbox. Do not edit the hotel nilly-willy.)
    6. The staff are many things, but perfect they are not. This is a hotel after all; constructive feedback is really appreciated. (I can be rather dense. If I end up making biased decisions, do PM me directly to point it out.)
    7. The owner might swing by every now and then. For that purpose, kindly remember: within the boundaries of the hotel, forget the guard dog, beware of owner. (GM's word is final, but the ruling can change provided valid reason.)
    8. You are free to stay as long as you like, do whatever you want so long as it does not conflict with any of the above rules. (This is no set goal to this RP, but there are a lot of mysteries. Older RP players, try to find the hidden Easter eggs. ^-^)
    9. Guest Registration is optional. (You don't have to post your character sheet in the thread, just in your signature.)
    The lobby is open 24/7 and refreshments are free of charge, and for any queries, the concierge will be back shortly, after a ■■■■ lunch break."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: So is this a temporary replacement for AG?

Zone Q11 and leegood like this.
  3. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Haxagen likes this.
  4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: More like a throwback to most of the old RPs that didn't quite make it til now. You realise I left it quite liberal.

5. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: more like a replacement for the replacement (SoL-RP) for the replacement (BB-RP) for AG2.

Zone Q11 and Fossil like this.
  6. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    So it's more casual in that it only takes place in the Tavern...I'm gonna expand it.

7. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: So, Haxa-sama the whole RP as of now is only a hotel?

8. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Refer to point 3. But yes, the only established lore now is that it's a hotel.

9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna expand this if possible.

10. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Refer to point 6.

11. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Than from now on the hotel is the size of state or country, with a lot of different rooms that are either full of monsters or puzzles.

12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: So small?

MaliMi likes this.
  13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Changed it, look at it now.

14. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Just to clarify rule 3, players can change the setting. Which means the venue can suddenly shift from the lobby to anywhere else. The hotel is a different matter.

15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you seriously...a hotel has many rooms, so why are you limiting the hotel to such a simple design, give it at least the ability to manipulate space and time, like seriously I want "adventures" not sleep.

16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: That's because like you'd have noticed if you actually read the rules, most of the things here are mysteries. That includes but is not limited to the other areas of the hotel. Which is why the hotel itself is fixed territory.

Zone Q11 and MaliMi like this.
  17. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    '...'

You are lost

'I know that already. No need to keep saying it.'

Sighing, I kept slowly advancing through the fog around me. While I wanted to go faster, I didn't want to make the mistake again of running in full plate armor. It has already been 2 days since I got in this fog-filled plain but there still wasn't any sign of me getting out. I was coming back from a personal request and I decided to take a shortcut... Sometimes I really had bad luck. I knew I could go a few weeks without food, but the water on me began to dwindle.

Sensing my worries, Wisdom spoke to me directly in my head again.

You should have bought the water talisman instead of your enchanted water flask

'Yeah, but the flask can purify what I put in it, meaning that I could use it not only for stocking water. Also, using Mana will make me tired, so a talisman isn't a good idea.'

You should just say that you don't like water created by magical means

'Well, sorry, but my Magic Resistance makes it lose its taste.'

As if water has any taste

While I was talking with Wisdom, I spotted something at the corner of my eye through my visor.

Focus

Slowly approaching of what seemed like a building, I brought my hand on the handle of Despair, my trusty long sword. How could there be anything in this empty plain?

Looking closer, the building looked very out of place. It was too...modern. Well, only one way to find out what this is.

Preparing myself, I went inside.
    "...wow."

Taking off my helmet to better see around me, I couldn't help but be surprised. The place was quite nice, if I said so myself. It seemed to be a lobby of sort. Was this an hotel? In a place like this? Did I get transported to another world again? The fog didn't seem to be magical though...

Focus
    When I read the note, I was kind of reminded of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it. The handwritting seemed familiar...

It says that refreshments are free. And if it's free...

'We take as much as we can; got it.'

My instinct told me that resting here wasn't a bad idea. Before that however, I needed to register myself. Walking towards what seemed to be the receptionist area, I managed to find a guest book. It asked for quite private information, but recognising the format from somewhere, I wrote down my Status.

Name: Derrax Wischard
    Race: Human(?)
    Blessings:
    -Physical Strengthening
    -Combat aptitude (Sword)
    -Poison Resistance
    -Disease Resistance
    -Heat Resistance
    -Cold Resistance
    -Magic Resistance
    -Potential
    Equipement:
    -Abyss' Sword: Despair
    -Full plate steel armor
    -Enchanted water flask
    -Belt of Giant strength
    -Wischard's ring
    Special: A strange tatoo with the letter R on my chest, where my heart is located. I advise to not mess with it.

'That should do it.'

Are you sure to put so much informations on yourself

'Yes'

That doesn't seem to be a good idea

'It should be fine. Trust me and my instinct.'

Well then. Time to drink something shall we?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Zone Q11 and Haxagen like this.
  18. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright then...so you're saying that there are no rooms that are like mini-dungeons, of whom are the size of continents, and have many variable quests that when once completed, you can either leave and go to the next room or head back to the lounge for a rest.

So you don't want us to have any of these?

19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I'm saying that, *bleep*, the whole *bleeping* area outside the hotel is free to play around with. It's a *bleeping* fog. Once you leave the hotel by the entrance, *bleep*, you could end up on the far side of Pluto if your character wants to. You can literally go anywhere and do anything outside the hotel, but I've already planned out what the hotel itself will be structured like. Jesus *bleeping* Christ, why is the first thing I do in a mystery-solving type RP to explain one of the first secrets of the hotel?

Zone Q11 and MaliMi like this.
  20. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Then we know what we can play with, otherwise I would've tried and made a story about an entire kingdom whenever I entered one of the rooms, so thanks for telling me, also @Derrax, I'm gonna join your character in RP if you don't mind.

Zone Q11 likes this.