Mini RPG The Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "...Was that always there?" I asked, pointing at the sign that seemed to pop out of nowhere.

SquadCammander354 and Haxagen like this.
  2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    [Who knows?]

The lady shrugged.

Zone Q11 and SquadCammander354 like this.
  3. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "...Okay then," I replied before slowly making my way towards the food. I almost feel like it would be safer to just walk outside and find somewhere to eat there instead, but I ought to give the hotel a shot at least.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The lady continued looking through documents, most of which were written in various different sorts of lettering. At some point, she snapped her fingers and a glass materialized beside her, and she sipped lightly from it.

*Knock knock*

The sound of knocking on glass echoed lightly, and with it came silence. She glanced at the door, which was now showing not fog, but pure darkness.

"..."

SquadCammander354 and Fossil like this.
  5. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: For fuck's sake, I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to writing the final half of my character.

Daisydacrazy likes this.
  6. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    “You can say that! Whats your biggest room?” I asked. Then suddenly,

“Oh, what’s that?”

Fossil, Haxagen and SquadCammander354 like this.
  7. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    After the lady at the receptionist pointed at the sign, the man was still quite curious as to why she was the only person in the room. Although curious, he obliged like the others before him and grabbed the book at the front desk for registering his stay, that was titled "Hotel Handbook and Registrations," however the strangest thing happened the moment that the book came off the desk.

Though was small, but more importantly was that rather than there being an empty spot on the desk where the book was place, another book appeared in its place. Curious he may be, after understanding what it was for, he wanted to avoid any potential mess that could occur because of his recklessness.

He sat on one of the smaller tables in the lobby and pulled out the chair so he could inspect the book that he was holding, why he was at it, he politely asked the lady at the refreshments for a cup of tea. She obliged and said it would take no time at all.

'Whoa, the people here are pretty nice and aren't like the monsters that I thought would pop-up in such a suspicious building centered in these fogged planes.'

After receiving the small cup of tea and a pot in case he finished his drink before finishing what he was doing, he flipped the book's pages and saw nothing but blanks. Curious as to why there was a blank book that should've been providing useful information, he went back to the front and discovered a few lines of text.

'"If one seeks clues as to where thy stay, then look no further, as the simple act of conjuring a thought is what fuels this books purpose..." so that's why these pages were blank, because I was looking for "a book with pages" rather than "pages within a book," marvelous.'

His procedures over, he conjured the thought of what this building was, and what purpose did it serve. When his thoughts materialized into pages, he saw nothing but a single page that read a few words to him, telling him that he required to do something.

[Please Register Your Name At The Front First!]

'Wow, it even has functions like this, whoever made this must be higher than the Intermediate rank in the magecraft system.'

While thinking such thoughts, the young man (who still had his robe and hood on) took out his quill pen from the bag at his waist, and began writing both his name and date of registration. Curiously he found two names before him, with most text scratched out.

[Malkuth: August ##, 394]
    [ArbelAb### Ju## 1#, #3#4]
    [Chris Hall: September 17, 2019]

With that done, he was about to finish his tea when suddenly the book in his hand shivered in a grey light, and then Chris finally realized what was happening.

"This book is trying to bound with me it seems, it shouldn't do anything detrimental at least."

With that sign of affirmation, the book in his hand didn't wrap chains around his arms like a normal person would think after hearing the word "binding," but instead established a form of connection with his consciousness, so it could appear and disappear whenever needed. Even the title of the book had changed, from the old one to the current [Book of Avarice].

(OOC: In this case it would mean "gain," because it's a collection of recorded records, think of it as the battle logs in most RPGs)

'Phew, that was nerve-wracking, it felt like I was being poked from all sides, I'll probably never get used to these types of artifacts.'

Though the experience was a rough one, he still properly linked his mind to the powers of the book, and with a thought attempted to bring up the information on the hotel, however it appeared that nothing would come up no matter how hard he tried. Before he could try anything else though, he heard the sound of a loud bang coming from his right, the same place from where he came.

Bang!

"What was that foul sound!"

Chris looked towards the lady at the receptionist desk before looking towards the front of the front entrance, and though the fog had covered his foul and wretched body, it could not hide its cascading shadow. When it struck the doors with its large hide, Chris felt his body and soul shake at the tremor.

Though the door had held out and the beast left, he felt his stamina drained, and his heart was pounding so hard that he felt as though his blood was flowing in reverse.

'That beast, it was no ordinary monster, it most likely surpasses anything that I've ever faced, even if I strengthened my spells by cutting off some of my vitality, they will be no match towards it, rather it will most likely ignore everything I chuck at it.'

(OOC: @Haxagen, we worked together now, I think you noticed that I had already mentioned the corpse outside the building, and am glad that you were able to tie it to the story in a way)

Now after seeing that beast, he now understood how that poor corpse outside must've met his end, and felt glad that he had not chosen to wander the woods for an even longer time.

Fossil likes this.
  8. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    [Most of the rooms are the same size, unfortunately. The suites are larger, but most of them are occupied at the moment---]

The woman stopped scribbling on the board and stared at the front doors. It was slowly opening.

*Creaaaaaak*

Even though it was completely made of glass, there seemed to be no one behind it at all.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: @Daisydacrazy
    OOC: Hmm, but I'm still in the lobby?

Haxagen likes this.
  10. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Well, you react to it as well then if you want to.

11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sighs*
    Another one failed. Every single one of them fails. Every incarnation of mine in every single world has failed. What am I doing so wrong?
    *Sigh*

"Hey bartender, something non-alcoholic please."

Ghosts, humans or demons, it doesnt matter. None found anything better then abrupt ends for them.

"Hey bartender, what do you think is the secret to having a fun incarnation?", I ask.

12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    [Drinks are that way---this isn't a bar. Even if you did ask for something alcoholic, we wouldn't have it on hand anyway.]

The lady pointed first to the whiteboard, then to the left.

Ddraig and SquadCammander354 like this.
  13. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    “I see, then I’ll take a room please,” I replied.

Are you sure about this?

About what? Staying here?

Of course. You encountered two possible dangers already.

Its fine. The building held up and it didn't collapse. Meaning we’re safe inside right?

I really don’t see where your logic is at times.

Fossil, SquadCammander354 and Haxagen like this.
  14. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The door opened to about half, staying open there for a few more seconds, and then...

"I'm back from the supply run, yoohoo!"

A girl that seemed no older than 10 popped out from behind the door, which returned to showing the fog outside the moment she broke contact with it. Dressed in a woollen outfit from tip to toe, she laughed, heading over to the counter.

"People finally found this place, eh? We might see some business at this rate!"

The woman remained quiet, handing over a key to the previous girl which had asked for a room.

[Here, the key for Room 87. Just turn it midair, and your next step should take you right into your room. Try it.]

Zone Q11 likes this.
  15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    When Chris saw the front door open, even if it was just a slightly, for a moment he felt worried, but the door quickly shut closed, as if to say that now was not the time. (OOC: Take the hint @Haxegen)

He hurriedly closed his book shut, and emptied whatever tea was left in the cup, and requested a key to one of the rooms in the hotel.

16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    [Room 357. Same as before, turn your key ninety degrees right and walk straight in.]

The key gleamed blue.

17. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    “Thank you!”

I stopped tippy toeing and noticed the girl who was slightly shorter than me. I greeted, “Hello!”

Haxagen and SquadCammander354 like this.
  18. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Utterly confused as to where I exactly am, I go through the door before me. Behind the door lies a surprisingly luxurious (but not abnormally so) lobby, with a few people inside. With a frown I look at the people inside, comparing them with the mental image of my target. It... doesn't seem like he is here. Yet.

But there is no doubt that he'll arrive here sooner or later... wherever this is. Hopefully. If this is a dead-end again, then I... whatever, enough of this.

I swipe the frown off my face and put on my brightest smile, which I know to be just slightly less intimidating than my other facial expressions. "Hello, my friends. I am Romanov. Does anyone here know what the name of this place is?"

SquadCammander354 and Derrax like this.
  19. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    'Fuck, another binding item!'

While gritting his teeth, he took the key and was about to twist it in the middle of the air, right before he heard the voice of a cute young girl behind him, and the introduction of the man named Romanov, who followed up his first line with a question on the name of this establishment.

"Mate, nobody here knows, and if you want to register and look for clues around here, I'd recommend getting the book on the counter over there, next to the receptionist. Who knows, you could probably find what you're looking for. Either way, I should be heading into my room, but I think we should go and talk over at the refreshment stand over there. Oh and my name is Chris, Chris Halls, I hope we can establish a strong friendship."

Chris seriously hoped that this new friend here was someone who was in the right of mind, and quickly began to explain the abilities of the book, and that there were something blocking us from accessing important information.

(OOC: @Blackwater Refer to my previous post of when I found the book)

Blackwater and Fossil like this.
  20. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "No one knows the name?" How strange... well, what I know about such strange things is that I more often than not don't want to know in cases like this. "Nevermind then."

"A binding item..." This brings my signature frown back on my face. Those are always trouble. And if using one is needed to get a room here...

"I guess I'll just sleep on a couch, or the floor then," I mumble to myself before turning back to this Chris.

"Chris Halls, yes? A pleasure to meet you." I grin as I offer him my hand. I like handshakes, they give you a feeling for who you are dealing with - and due to the bit of armor on the inside of my palms, I don't even have to worried about getting poisoned from it.