Spoiler The Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yang Hao, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Aniki212

Aniki212 Newbie

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you... whoa, seems it will be some 2000 chapters or more... :blobpeek:

scriptor likes this.
  2. zack1434

zack1434 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @CodeZero or anyone who is reading the Raws. can you give us a summary of what happened. from 1242 to the current Raw chapter. Thanks.

3. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently in the middle of my exam period, so I'll only be able to start reading and making chapter summaries next week when I'm free. So if you're willing to wait until then, I'll try and get the summaries done asap :blobsalute:

scriptor and Aniki212 like this.
  4. Aniki212

Aniki212 Newbie

Reading List:
    Link
    good luck with the exam!
    I dont know other campers, but I am willing to wait-- I gave up weeks ago reading MTL.. too much... too much

5. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    I'll definitely try and meet your expectations! :D

Aniki212 likes this.
  6. Eers

Eers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Err no it's Taizong > Gaozong > Zhongzong > Ruizong > Xuanzong (Sage Emperor)
    the most telling on why its Xuanzong is Yang Guifei, which is like a super famous lovestory between Xuanzong and Yang Guifei. even the whole stealing her from his son thing was from Xuanzong.

7. jhader2000

jhader2000 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Human Emperor Summary (Chapters 1242-1256)

The next day MC tries to find out who is the main perpetrator behind the recent events. By investigating one of the new people that was recently recruited into the court and sharing the dirt that he found, he was able to eventually meet the perpetrator, who was able to use Spiritual Energy to control others (ordinary civilians for the most part) and talk to the MC through these civilians. They have a short conversation talking about their ideologies, with the perpetrator saying that war causes nothing but hatred and more violence, whilst MC believes that not waging war is equally fruitless, since that too won’t achieve peace. It will simply result in the other nations aiming at and attacking the Great Tang.

When perpetrator claims that peace will only occur when the nations come to a peaceful agreement through mutual disarmament, MC states how naïve he is, if he believes a single piece of paper (peace treaties) will change anything. Against this claim, the perpetrator cites the Qin Empire as an example of what a bad idea MC’s plans are. When MC cites the many benefits that the war with the Caliphate could bring, by using the gold to increase trade, build schools, roads, etc. the perpetrator states that using blood money is ominous and will destroy the country, and is the reason why he returned it to the Caliphate. Talks break down when the perpetrator realises he can’t convince MC to stop what he’s trying to do (arming the nation and waging wars against the surrounding countries including the Caliphate) and allow the Confucian school to take control and bring peace through learning/indoctrination.

Following this event, he blackmails a corrupt official who was helping to cover up the misdeeds of one of the major great generals (Zhang Shougui). Basically, in the past Zhang Shougui tried to become Prime Minister, but failed. Despite that, he still wants to become Prime Minister, and so he bribed this official (who acts as a messenger) to ensure that his deeds are exaggerated a bit. Furthermore, recently, the general lost a battle but reported to the Emperor/capital that he had won. MC has the official inform the general that the matter has been exposed and that if he confesses to the court, things may still be salvageable for him. When the general receives the letter however, instead of seeing MC’s words as an act of kindness, it is more like a threat, which makes him furious and begin taking aim at MC, whom he still has prior grudges against.

After sending the letter, MC goes to his uncle (Li Lin) to deploy some of the city garrison to investigate people who may have been the perpetrator (while he wasn’t able to meet with the perpetrator’s main/actual body, through his Spiritual Sense/Power, he was able to tell that the perpetrator was quite young, in his mid-20s), and based on his past experiences, believes the perpetrator to also have the strange tattoo mark on his forearm, which he also tells his uncle.

The next day, one of the court officials brings up Zhang Shougui’s misdeed, and MC figures that it is the perpetrator attempt to further weaken MC’s cause and possibly have MC clash with Zhang Shougui due to the timing. The First Prince also gets involved in this affair, as he is able to testify against Zhang Shougui (due to the event happening in the First Prince’s city). The scenario forces MC to help out Zhang Shougui once more (in addition to the previous letter as well as the initial matter where he told him about his subordinates possibly betraying him). MC hands over a ‘private letter’ written by ‘Zhang Shougui’ that explains his actions, in that he was going to confess about what happened. While it wouldn’t be enough to absolve him of any blame, it would minimise the punishment. This is the point that the faction of court official emphasise, wanting the emperor to set a precedent using this event. As they were about to continue to make their case, the Emperor intervenes and shuts them down, saying that the official that had previously been bribed had confessed to the deeds and handed over the money that he had received, and so the punishment would be that the general would be unable to be promoted within the next 5 years, pay a fine and be removed from office (though he would be ‘temporarily substituting’ the position). When Zhang Shougui learns about what happened in the capital, you can imagine how grateful he was towards MC. Naturally, at the same time he was also furious as to how the cover up was made known to even more people (the faction of court officials who brought up the issue). At the same time, Anya Luoshan (the person under Zhang Shougui who eventually betrays him) is similarly furious when he finds out about MC’s actions, since he had wanted to make use of the event to help with his eventual betrayal/rebellion. He is forced to slightly alter his plans, and making use of some of his connections in the other nations, and mentions a mysterious person who may send help. (Not sure if it’s referring to the main perpetrator in Tang or someone else from the shadow organisation, etc).

Meanwhile MC goes out for a bit with Xu Qiqin (who wanted to follow MC when he was seemingly roaming the streets) during a religious/cultural celebration. Eventually, Old Eagle sends a message that they’ve found the main perpetrator. He was tracked to a building (I’m not sure whether it’s a religious building or like a restaurant or something) where many of the Confucian scholars are gathered. There, MC meets a swordsman that seems very strong as well as the perpetrator, whom the MC directly names as Li Junshan (?). This was the young scholar/official who had initially mocked the MC upon his return at the city gates. Upon being asked about his methods, MC states that he found him out through a combination of the city garrison search that narrowed the potential suspects down to a smaller number, as well as the Zhang Shougui matter, in that MC knew that the perpetrator would certainly take advantage of the situation that could provides advantages to the officials’ agenda and hinder the military commanders.

Li Junshan takes the opportunity to try and convince MC once more. He explains the reason for the celebration and uses it as an example of the effect learning and knowledge can have, as well as the limits of one person (even if one person was able to unify the world, after that person dies, the world will likely revert back to how it was). He then talks about his own experiences, including how he saw 2 antelope die as a result of fighting one another and how this sight made him first think about cultural assimilation. He goes on to share how he visited the battlefields that MC left behind (first from the southwest war, then at Talas and Khorasan) and how he learnt of the terrors of war through these experiences, and how seeing all the dead bodies and innards lying about made him resolve to implement the assimilation. If people all over the world spoke the same language, and had the same enlightened culture, then they would be able to understand one another and move away from war and violence and more towards a utopia of peace and prosperity, and that what makes the current situation different from other attempts was the fact that Great Tang has, partly through MC’s actions, enabled the Confucian Schools to be built up in the surrounding nations. Li Junshan believes that through this, they had teach, enlighten (and I guess indoctrinate) the people of the world into being the same as one another, and that through this utopia, they would achieve peace. When the MC denies this view, talking about the potential disastrous effects the proposed plan may have, and how it would lead to many more sacrifices than the war casualties, Li Junshan believes the sacrifices would be worth it if their goal is achieved. After MC’s dismissal, both sides threaten one another, with MC threatening the officials planted within the court, using the previous official has an example, whilst Li Junshan threatens the Wang Clan as well as MC’s soldiers. With this, MC leaves, and sends out letters telling his men (led by Su Hanshan and Li Siye) to stay together, and that, without his permission, they are not to obey the commands given to them by the Confucian School generals in charge of them.

Here you go everyone. Sorry about the delay. Chapter 1242-1256.

9. foldingcrane

foldingcrane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! Hope your exams went well!

CodeZero likes this.
  10. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I hope so too! :D

11. Aniki212

Aniki212 Newbie

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @CodeZero .. I've toldyou: u r my hero !!! *hatsoff

12. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happen with:
    • Cousin Wang Li (Ambitious) and her mother Big Aunt Xing Chun Yuan will she betray MC?
    • Cousin Wang Liang and
    • Wang Bei Second Brother
    • the spirit vein problem?
    • Who is the mysterious person in the prison?
    Thanx!! :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  13. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just read chapter 447, and am so appaled at Wang Chong's stupidity, the World definitely helped An Yaluoshan to survive and he thought the World is giving him opportunity to kill all his enemy, please tell me how will this debacle end, I simply don't care about spoiler anymore :facepalm:

14. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happen with foreign Prince?

15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read that part of the story, but from what I can remember, MC helps Wang Li out a bit - I think he lets him take charge of the clan's businesses after Wang Liang tells MC he wants to go out to sea again.

As for the aunt. Lol, you think she can do anything? At most, she complains about MC's promotions and tries to get Big Uncle to go against him, but he tells her off after reminding her how MC's actions have positively affected the clan.

I'm pretty sure Wang Liang eventually goes out to sea again, after he recovers from his injuries. Not much was stated about it if I remember correctly (either that or I skimmed through the chapters and missed it xD).

Wang Bei eventually gets released, though he is framed by King Qi's group I believe (or another of MC's enemies), in a plot to get MC away from his army. If you want more info, you should read some of my other spoiler summaries on the thread.

MC splits off part of the mountain and shares it among the various princes, to allow them to fight each other over it. He keeps the top to himself and uses it to help his group and his master/little sister.

Unknown. It's my belief that he is someone who the Sage Emperor fought against around the time he ascended.

An Yaluoshan's boss (the Great General, whose name I can't remember) arrives to save him and what remains of his group. He questions MC, but refrains from killing him out of respect for his grandfather. As he leaves, MC warms him of An Yaluoshan and their disloyal tendencies and tells him to be careful.

16. kaneabel

kaneabel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What is the highest level of cultivation the MC reaches in recent chapters? Is he at the level of his last life yet?
    2. Does his master recover his cultivation yet? And does the MC come in contact with martial arts sects?
    3. Has the internal politics issues discussed earlier been resolved yet?
    4. How are the MC’s subordinates doing? Any updates?
    5. Any info on the secret enemy that the emperor is trying to draw out?

17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    1. MC has reached the Saint Martial Realm. He has surpassed his last life.

2. Sort of. His master has gained his strength back for the most part due to the new technique that he cultivates, however due to his injuries and the nature of the technique, he is unable to fight prolonged battles. His stamina/endurance is lower compared to others at a similar level.

And no, as of where I've read, MC has yet to meet with martial arts sects. Though he did briefly clash against the people from his master's sect who were looking for him. (can't remember if that part has already been translated though).

3. Which political issues are you referring to?

4. It depends on the timeframe you're referring to. If you're talking about since my last update, then no, not really. But if you mean in general, across the series, then for the most part, they're only briefly mentioned, in terms of updates. Li Siye is the one who leads MC's armies with Su Hanshan's help, and they slowly gets stronger over the course of the series. Li Siye's peak battle (that I've read) sees him fighting against general/great general level commanders, and he manages to hold his own for the most part.

Zhao Jingdian is in charge of the many scions in the capital. At one point in the series he gets the scions to help him set up a road/carriage transport network to increase efficiency in terms of trade and for troop deployment/logistics.

Xu Qiqin is in charge of MC's logistics. At one point she helps MC look after a city that he is in charge of.

Sun Zhiming gets put in charge of MC's ranged contraptions (archers, ballista and catapaults, etc.). At one point he and his unit is able to defend a city's side against an entire army whilst MC's group goes on the offensive on another front.

As for Old Eagle, I believe his range of birds increase, to incorporate more useful and/or powerful birds.

But yeah, for the most part, since the story focuses on MC's perspective, it's pretty rare to learn about what new things the side characters get up to, unless it becomes directly relevant and is related to the MC.

5. From where I've read, not really. I have a couple of theories, but nothing really concrete, or has been confirmed.

18. kaneabel

kaneabel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply @CodeZero
    By internal politics I meant how the Confucian school is trying to screw with the MC by removing all the allied officials etc?
    How does the MC reach Saint Martial Realm? Is that the highest realm in martial arts?
    Does his sister also reach that realm since she is a super prodigy?

19. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    1. It's quite possible, as I'm not yet up to date with the series. But from what I've read so far, it hasn't ended yet.

2. The final boost MC gets to reach Saint Martial Realm is by killing an enemy general and absorbing his energy. You can read more about it in my previous summaries (not the more recent ones, but the ones before that). And no, that is not the highest realm in martial arts. We know of the Divine Realm (which the Sage Emperor was initially believed to be at), as well as one or more mini realms inbetween Saint Martial Realm and the Divine Realm.

3. It's unknown. The sister's cultivation realm hasn't been directly stated, however at the conclusion of a previous war, MC's sister met up with MC, and managed to push him back several metres when trying to hug him (he was either around Saint Martial Realm, or at Martial Emperor Realm).

20. Aniki212

Aniki212 Newbie

Reading List:
    Link
    hi it's me again
    @CodeZero and anyone who read the novel in original language or MTL-ing... is there any more spoilers you guys can share. This novel is damn addicting, I try to read MTL by using this thread as my guide (otherwise MTL is just unbearable lines I cannot grasp --yet it still so slow process to MTL. I thank you all guys who shared the spoilers)

some questions:
    - the rice researcher guy, did he come back to mainland? on what chapter/arc?
    - what happened to the guy who became new minister of war after the southwest war happened?
    - did MC eventually have official military rank? I notice he was not officially in military after southwest war...

thank you in advance