Picked Up The Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by criticalmind, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, though I see it more as that the Mc is very much a us vs them. But at the same time he respects all of the foreign enemies, he sees them as threatening because of what happened, but doesn-t hate them just because they are foreigners.

I haven-t seen the utter disrespect that racism usually brings, he doesn-t call them names, or says about all the horrifying things they have done or are. Or at least not that I remember. Rather he hates more on his tang people for their foolishness, and on himself for his past life stupidity.

You could tell me a specific moment that you have seen racism, that would clarify things. Or we simply have different levels in which to identify thoughts and actions as racism.

SayMrrp likes this.
  2. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I feel the same way you do. I understand where the other person comes from, since the MC does show that there is a very clear divide between the Hu and Han people. However, I don't really consider it as being racist, since he isn't prejudiced against the foreigners because he hates them, but because he knows that it's very difficult and foolish to trust them by allowing them to hold positions of power, due to the events that happened in the original timeline, with them betraying the Empire and being one of the major reasons behind its fall.

Shance likes this.