Novel The Imperfect Girl for Me [UPDATED]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by marcusdwaynelcanete, Oct 25, 2017.

1. marcusdwaynelcanete

marcusdwaynelcanete Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I met this particular girl on one of our P.E. class and eventually made her my Imperfect Girl.

AUTHOR: I do hope some people like my story, I'm not good at making stories, but I hope my story can be understood by people who read it. Also, if you find some error in my grammar, please do correct me.
    AUTHOR: I will be posting this story on RoyalRoadl.com

I'm your typical college student, attending a local university. I'm Asian equipped with average looks; I have pointy eyes, black hair, brown eyes that seem black, overweight. Most of all, I have no experience in love.

There was this girl who I fell in love with, but at that time I don't really know the difference between love and lust.

The first time I saw this girl was during our P.E. practice. We were inside the canteen, rehearsing for our commercial reenactment, or that's what I thought we were doing. While, she was sitting on the ground in front of the classroom; eating bread.

The canteen is just right beside our P.E. classroom which was located on the 7th floor.

I immediately noticed her and asked one of my classmates, Lance, if she was in our group. She was really cute. When I say cute, she is literally cute, her height and looks. She was indeed the prettiest girl I've ever seen, well, based on my taste.

Lance nodded and said she was indeed in our group, so I asked Lance to go and ask her to come inside the canteen and join the practice.

Lance went out the canteen and was walking to her direction when he changed his direction as he was embarrassed to talk to her and decided to take a glimpse at the classroom. Returning with a smiling face, he told me he couldn't do it, as he was shy enough to go and start a conversation.

Having no choice, I went out and talk to her.

“Hey, why don't you come inside? Everyone's inside, practicing.” I told her.

“Hmmm, Okay.” She responded.

She got up and immediately finished her food before we could even enter the canteen. As if, she was afraid of being asked for some of her bread. That sight was really cute though. Greedy and stuff about food, as I also love to eat.

When we got inside, that's when I noticed that we weren't really practicing. The only thing everyone did was sit, talk, eat and play mobile games. I was really ashamed, as I told her that we were practicing and no practice was indeed happening.
    She looked at me and smiled. She sat and took out her tablet and started playing one of the trending games at that time, the subway surfer. I looked at her while she was playing, all my attention was focused solely at her and she started to be a bit self conscious. She would look at me while I look at her and I would smile when our eyes meet.
    A moment later she asked me if I also wanted to play, because I would not take my eyes of her.

“Want to play?” She asked, smiling.

“Can I?” I asked.

“Yeah, you can.” She said while handing me the tablet.

I received the tablet and played, while playing I asked for her name, and also told her my name.

“Hey, what's your name? Mine's Marcus.” I asked.

“I'm Desiree.” She said.

“How old are you?” I asked her, curious about her age.

“I'm seventeen, you?” She said while asking for mine.

“I'm also seventeen, when's your birthday?” Knowing she's the same age as me I asked for her birthday.

She wouldn't answer and tell me when, so I took her Identification card and looked at it for myself, but before I could even see when, she blurted it by herself.

“March, March 20, 1999!” She exclaimed while feeling a little bit embarrassed.

“Ha-ha! I see, I'm born on April, So, you're older than me.” I laughed as I found out that she was older than me.

She was so embarrassed that she was left speechless. I don't know why she was so embarrassed though. Throughout our stay at the canteen, we haven't started another conversation and was only playing subway surfer, taking turns when it is game over.
    A moment later, we presented our commercial without practice. Miraculously we got better grades than those groups that practiced.

It was already late when the class ended. It was 7:30 in the evening. Everyone was on their way going home, when she suddenly asked me where I live, so that she can go with me if were from the same direction. As riding a public transportation vehicle would be dangerous at night.

“Hey, Marcus, where do you live?” She asked me.

“I'm from Liloan.” I told her.

She was relieved when she knew I was from Liloan.

AUTHOR INFO: Liloan is from Cebu, Philippines.

“Really? I'm from Consolacion. Can we go home together?” She asked while smiling.

AUTHOR INFO: Consolacion is also from Cebu, Philippines. But if based from our school, Liloan is further than Consolacion.

Damn, she was really cute when she asked that. Imagine, me going home with her, what a blessing that was. But fate was too unfair, my stomach was acting up and I had to turn down her offer, while giving her some excuse.

“I really can't today. I won't be going home soon, as I have something important to do.” I told her.

My heart was bleeding when I said that. What a wasted chance.

She looked a little down but still nodded. She then went down the building and headed to the jeepney stop.

AUTHOR INFO: A Jeepney is a public utility vehicle in the Philippines.

I immediately went to the toilet to do my stuff. After, I hurriedly chased after her, but I couldn't catch up to her. She had already boarded a jeepney towards Consolacion. Feeling down, I searched her on facebook, and found her. I added her and waited for her to accept me.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. marcusdwaynelcanete

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda.

4. marcusdwaynelcanete

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the chapter 1, if you spot mistakes please do comment.
    The next day, Saturday.

It was around 1 O'clock in the afternoon when she accepted my friend request.

I was doing some household chores when she accepted me. I became excited and immediately chatted her.

“HAHAHAHAH! HI!” I exclaimed in the chat, I was so happy.

But a couple of minutes passed by and my message remained unread, so I resumed what I was doing and was able to finish the chores with a big smile.

My mother, who was helping me with the chores saw a wicked smile on my face or that's what she said, ordered me to go to the market to buy fish for dinner.

“Since your smiling like a villain, why don't you go buy some fish.” My mom said, handing me the money for the fish.

I don't look like those cartoon villains who smiles creepily when they plot.

“Okay.” I answered.

I was riding a tricycle to the market when she replied.

AUTHOR INFO: A tricycle is a motor with a side car used for public transportation in the Philippines.

“Hello! You're fast! ” She replied with a cute emoticon.

“Fast? What do you mean? Hmmm?” I replied back.

“What I meant is that, you're quick to add me on facebook [​IMG]" She said.

“Oh, that? Why would I ever be slow?” I answered.

She didn't reply until evening.

The market was the same as always, the air smelled rotten and fresh at the same time. Freh fish and vegetables smells really great.

“Fresh fish for sale! Very cheap!”

“Fresh vegetables just arrived! Be the first one to buy!”

“Maam, fresh fruits here, want to buy some?”

It was noisy, lots of people were buying and lots of vendors shouted, advertising their product. It was busy as usual.

I arrived at a fish stall with Bangus and other kinds on sale.

AUTHOR INFO: Bangus is also known as Milkfish.

“Hey kid, I have fresh tilapia for only P175 per kilo.” The vendor immediately entertained me.

“How much does a kilo cost?” I asked the vendor, while pointing at the bangus.

“That's P180 kid!” The vendor said.

“I want this, this and this!” I picked 3 pieces of bangus to be weighed.

“Thats 1.25 kilo kid, so that's P225.” The vendor calculated and wrapped the fish.

“Thank you!” I said as I handed over the money and received the fish.

“You're welcome and thank you also.” The vendor smiled as he said that.

I took a glimpse at my phone but still no reply.

I looked around the market for a while to look for things to buy before I went home.

On the way home, when I was about to ride a tricycle, I met my best friend.

He looks like an american teen-ager with an army cut. He's thin, but not so tall but quite handsome. You would never guess he is Asian.

“Rafael!” I shouted as I saw my best friend from afar.

“'Cus! Where you off to?” He asked with a smile.

“Home, I just bought some fish at the market.” I said as I showed him the fish.

“Oh yeah, how are you and Kiarah?” I asked.

“Fine, she's too focused on her studies.” He said, he seemed down.

“Isn't that great? Anyways I met a cute girl yesterday and added her. We have chatted already.” I told him, as I tried to cheer him up and change the subject.

After, I told him about Desiree and how I met her.

“She seems great! Go after her!” He exclaimed as he patted my shoulder.

“Don't worry, I will! Anyways, I have to go, mom should be looking for me right now.” I said and bid farewell.

AUTHOR INFO: The market is located at Yati, Liloan. A kilometer from where I live, Tayud, Liloan. Rafael lives at Yati.

“See you next time!” He said as he turned around and dash off.

“See ya!” I said.

I took another glimpse at my phone and saw that she still has not replied nor read my message yet. I rode the tricycle feeling a little bit down.

When I arrived, I immediately cleaned the fish and prepared it for cooking.

After, I called my mom. She cooks fish a lot better than me.

I played computer while waiting for her reply and then fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was already sun down, my mom waked me up for dinner. It was only the two of us since my dad died 5 years ago, at 2011, March.

“So, why are you sad? Contrary to earlier.” My mom asked, with a worried expression.

“Me? I'm not sad.” I said while smiling.

“You know you can't hide anything from me.” Mom said.

That's what she said, but all the people who knows me could read me through my face. I can't hide what I feel. I show it all in my face.

“Yeah, I know. It's nothing mom, don't worry.” I assurred her.

We talked about the news and after, I washed the dishes and went to bed.

But when I was about to sleep, my phone vibrated.

“Sorry for the late reply, I could only log-in at this time, my connection is not stable.” It said.

Reading her message, my energy came back and I was so happy, that I rolled back and fort on my bed. I wanted to shout but did not, as I would disturb my neighbors.

“It's fine, anyways tell me about your day!” I replied excitedly.

“Why? I just cleaned the house. Swept the living room, washed my clothes and the washed the dishes. You, what did you do?” She said.

“I went to the market and bought some fish, also swept the house. I played computer and then fell asleep.” I told her.

“I see, you must be tired and want to sleep already. Sorry to disturb you.” She said.

“No, I'm tired but not sleepy, I still want to talk to you.” I told her, as I felt like she won't be chatting me anymore.

“There's still tomorrow. Goodnight!” She said.

I really felt like I failed a mission when playing a game. I was so down. I made a mistake on my words.

So with nothing else to say, I also said goodnight to her.

The next day, Sunday.

As soon as I woke up, I chatted her.

“Good morning Desiree! Don't forget to eat your breakfast!” I told her.

But I didn't receive a reply from her until the next day.