The Inverted Dragon’s Scale racist?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Titan LLS, Jun 11, 2016.

?

Racist?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    60.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koijido

koijido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general, until recent years having darker skin was considered to be an unattractive quality because being pale meant you didn't have to work and were rich while being dark meant you had to work outside alot and were poor. So people made light attractive and dark ugly and even though that's changed in some places in alot of the world that's still the standard. In some places they try to keep women indoors so they won't get a tan so they can come off as wealthy instead of a hooker who is going to sleep with you then steal your money while you're passed out like she actually is.

2. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Im half black trust me i know....... in the past my classmate say im ugly because im not white
    Yes there is green skinned man but dont you dare mock him because he is Hulk will SMASH YOUR ASS

3. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    What! Do you only care about black discrimination.

ElDorado likes this.
  4. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link

and he had dark hair ahahahah but hey, I'm not one to turn one someone because of their eyes only, lol. my last boyfriend was overweight (and had brwon eyes), actually.

OK to sum up:

-MC is Chinese, same as everyone there
    -his skin is literalky charcoal black cause he was hit by lightning
    -he may be the only person in that world with skin darker than 'tan', as in these kinds of novels other races other than 'asian' don't even exist.
    -author may live in a place where he has never seen a black person face to face, other than tv. (often, racial discrimination comes from actual interaction between races, or from inherited discrimination, as the Chinese hate the Japanese to the core because of ww2 xD)

I see no racism, just discrimination towards someone who is different from what their whole world is.

ElDorado, Samsara and jackateonetoo like this.
  5. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    white person or asian person people would be up in arms? Da fk? If someone is being racist, that's because that is how they view them. It is wrong to view everyone like that. But, none of that matters in this discussion. It's a fking novel. The one who created this post is an idiot. It's a fiction, everyone in the novel is Asian and the mc was struck by fking lightning.

As for telling other races that it is okay to oppress them. The hell is wrong with you? When did I say that. I'm thinking that something like this is stupid.

6. ElDorado

ElDorado Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah guys, we got a b̶a̶d̶a̶s̶s̶ SJW over here.

7. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not racism, but being rich vs being poor. Basically, if you're wealthy, you don't work outside and you're less tan than a farmer or city worker. That is, the less tanned you're, the best your job is, because the better paid jobs are under a roof, like merchants with a store, government office workers, etc. So, if the character is described as having pitch black skin, is a metaphor for him being the most poor guy in the whole world, since even a farmer working all day under the sun would not be that tanned.

EienMugetsuTensho and ninish like this.
  8. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    You're racist as fuck!

jackateonetoo likes this.
  9. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the real questions here are when do cultural differences become racism? And when should we interpret someones preferences as racism.

Kenma likes this.
  10. jagged

jagged #1 Protester

Reading List:
    Link
    It's obvious from your comment that you were brainwashed to believe that the racisim in this novel is no big deal, but hey who am I to stand out against this racism "I'm just a monkey" for the white men and asian men to mock for his darker skin.

11. ElDorado

ElDorado Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are either a troll or have a serious inferiority complex against white and asian people. BTW, why do you have a white doll as your avatar if you are all about black pride?

kai9004, Baddiez and jackateonetoo like this.
  12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> Civility. It's a virtue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.