LCD The Inverted Dragon’s Scale

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nefasdetestasti, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O_O''.. I see.

On the other hand, 3 more chapters released... and I can't help but to requote what was written.

“The sky is black and the earth yellow, and the universe is chaotic. The sun and moon can be high or low, with stars arranged in patterns. Clouds soar up to deliver rain and dew forms into morning frost. Gold is born in the River Li while jade comes from Kunlun Mountain. Sea is salty while streams are light, scales sink and feathers glide——-”

“Born as a dragon, good fortune comes from all sides. Become an immortal being after death and be virtuous forever.”

“Born a dragon, destroying riotous countries. After becoming an immortal being after death, the divine continent would prosper forever.”

“Born as a dragon, must not disappoint the millions of citizens. After becoming an immortal being after death, the common becomes King.”

Wow, just wow. After being painted like bloody villains that would bring the calamity of the world and what not.... Li Muyang reads straight right up from the "source", and the dragon(s) (or whatever that's left of the dragon race) seems to be very different from the impression that was painted in the earlier chapters.

Earlier chapters=
    dragons are sneaky bastards with contempt for the world, they eat humans ,destroy countries, makes life miserable for humans, etc.

This chapter =
    Dragons must be good, dragons must do good for the country and its people.

Such.. contradiction. I wonder what Li Muyang will think.
    If the second case is true, no wonder why the dragon in Li Muyang feels so vengeful. It's vengeful because everything about dragons that the world portrayed them to be is wrong!

I hope more chapters are released. I can't wait for more!

2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    history is written by the victor and facts become myths by the passage of time.
    both of the assessments of dragon are correct. I mean think about it if they destroy riotous civilization then they are both evil and good.

well be interesting tho how the phoenix well play out, it sounds like the dragons were Sheppards of man but the phoenix stayed out of the affairs of man but did look towards dragons favorable since they guided man

3. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Li Mu yang, oh Li Muyang.

Who was that woman in white, and who why did he suddenly feel a sense of loss towards Qiji?

I hope the mystery gets solved / unraveled fast.

4. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    possible death of a rival via a 3rd party. Your "friendemy" didn't get defeated at your own hands. that kind of sense of lose

5. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha! Friendemy. Interesting

In chapter 179-180 we get a glimpse of how Lu Qiji seems to have this "what happens to the world, I can't be arsed. Let it burn for all I care" .

Yet when it comes to Li Muyang, she acts as if she knows Li Muyang more than he knows himself. Truly baffling.

6. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 180.

The author is such a flirt.

So close to revealing something, then nothing gets revealed.

Then a massive cliffhanger.

But Lu Qiji is fuming with anger. Fuming about something about her sacrifice being in vain, not known by the entire world. What has she sacrificed to the point that she wanted the entire world to know?

There were hints that Lu Qiji and Li MuYang were swapped at birth, at least prior chapters point to this, although very subtle. I think.

Lu Qiji hates Li Muyang. Now, that is an established fact.
    Lu Qiji is hinting something about what's inside of Li Muyang.

However, what is it that she sacrificed? She literally lived the live of somebody high and mighty, and gifted by the heavens.

I doubt she sacrificed anything that requires the worship of the world.

7. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds more like she had a past life with the dragon that is in MC body so she wants him dead again. real question is the MC a dragon in the body of a human, a human that absorbed the dragon soul to be stronger, or a human with the dragon soul asleep in the background till he stronger.

8. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    theres no subtle about it, she is the swapped one, and she knows it. one of the earlier chapters hinted that she was a phoenix and that she [the phoenix] hate dragons and so she hates LM not cause he is the real child and that he can take from her the life she has known.

9. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this better not turn into some two bit revenge story where he discover humans were evil and demonizes the dragons for cultivation resources while committing genocide and now the MC is going to get revenge or some bull like that.

10. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    we shall see

11. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 182 raises my eyebrows, for few reasons.

1. Lu Qiji.
    2. Li Muyang and his relationship with dragons.
    3. Between dragons and humans.

1. Lu Qiji.
    She's tall, she's slender, she's beautiful like a goddess / deity, she has the brains with the beauty, she is part of a very, very affluent and powerful family (with real authority and real influence)..... She also seems to know what Li Muyang is (from the previous chapters). She wanted to harm Li Muyang. Granted that she momentarily lost strength due to Li Muyang, but suddenly getting locked a second time by Li Muyang? And then suddenly "I don't know what's going on, Li Muyang? Tell me!"

Why did she feign ignorance? Why did she had to troll Li Muyang?

and then,

From state A, then to state B, then suddenly back to state A. If she's not a psycho, I don't know what she is. Mood swings? PMS?

2. Li Muyang.
    He first felt all the negative emotions. Then, all of a sudden, everything from inside him (technically so, but not exactly from the real Li Muyang, I suspect the dragon in Li Muyang) burst forth. All that pent up emotions, all that pent up rage. Li Muyang stressed that he is a dragon.

The question was, did he try to deny that he was a dragon, or did he just tried (in the way earlier chapters) consoled himself that there was a dragon in him? Now, all of a sudden, he talks something about what he probably don't have (repressed memories).

3. Between dragons and humans.
    So humans brutally slaughtered every single known dragon. Whatever caused Li Muyang to be a dragon (from birth), and why. Li Muyang said dragons aren't this that this that, but humans are so andamant that dragons are an existential threat to them. Whatever is in Lu Qiji, she's supporting the humans. But why? What happened before?

12. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh...

The dragons seemed so weak despite the humans claiming "the dragons need to be eradicated bla bla bla" genocide.

Finally, the dragon in Li Muyang surfaced. Literally "Chao For Yap Moh", (Cantonese), which literally translates (it sounds broken, but its a 4 syllable term) as in "run fire, demon enter", which should be properly translated as "the heart running amok like uncontrolled inferno, as if a demon had entered and possessed the person".

If I'm a neutral, I can't still sympathize with the dragons. Yes, they've been eliminated, but there's no background story as to why, or how. We've got bits an pieces from the side of the victors (humans) that apparently the dragons are vile creatures. But I don't see any vile in the dragon in Li Muyang, nor properly recorded "tragedies" that the dragons caused, apart from word of mouth that says "we triumphed", that's all.
    Yet on the other hand, the dragon in Li Muyang insisted that dragons are creatures that supposedly protect humans from .... whatever. Like a king that would defend its subjects. So what actually happens?

Lu Qiji, is pretty darn annoying. From the very beginning to the present translated chapters. I feel like she's just toying around, like dicking around with Li Muyang just to watch the dragon in Li Muyang to suffer endlessly. Like trolling maximum, and being a masochist / sadist at that. I trully can't agree with Lu Qiji.

Sigh. How I wish for once Li Muyang would never enter the academy, and pass his life happily with his family (not the Lus, but the Lis). All the journey has brought him nothing but suffering.

13. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    :/ i feel like the dragon king is a nice peep , just look like him getting like this seeing his peeps in that state ...

14. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapters 187-190:

And so.... the backstory reveals itself.

Selfish humans.

Naive dragons. Kindhearted, but naive to the abyss of potential darkness of human hearts, when they fail to control themselves.

About the dragons... I'm completely baffled. In the previous chapters, I found no reason to sympathize with the dragons. Now, I feel that the dragons have every motive for full revenge. I don't know if the dragons should slay every human beings (like total genocide, but I doubt its something good for every party concerned), but I think the dragons will need to have their revenge as promises made to them renegaded, and their alliance broken by the very beings that proposed in the first place.

And Lu Qiji... All she can think of is that the dragon has / can only die in her hands? Has she no sense of justice? Has she no sense of pride? Her justice (to kill the dragon king because the dragons are evil) are unfounded. Its pure discrimination, pure prejudice. Pure malice. Yet her reasoning to 'spare' the dragon is only because 'only the dragon can die in her hands'. Such twisted logic. Such perverse logic. Her obsession with the dragon's death has truly, truly clouded her judgement as a 'superior being'.

15. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    we don't know how far did the dragon king took his revenge. Its seem she has no love for humans either, but its possible drunk with rage the dragon king may have killed someone or some clan/creatures that the phoenix clan did love.

16. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Point taken. Yet I, I still don't see why Lu Qiji is so obsessed with the dragon. In 187, she had a 'conversation' with the dragon. It boils down to "I want to kill you. So badly. But now I really want to kill you, for good." Implying that she just wanted him to die, but die along with him/it. And keep repeating the cycle until the dragon keeps off harming humans. Yet, she's also looking as if she's only seen the malice of humans against the dragons for the VERY FIRST TIME. I quote this from chapter 188

This implicates a few things.

1. She never knew humans were doing more than just eradicating dragons out of 'self defense'. As in completely ignorant. Oblivious to the circumstances.
    2. She has been cockblocking the only dragon left (the dragon king) from enacting revenge, not once, not twice, but for many, many cycles of life. Whilst fully ignorant of #1.
    3. For whatever reason(s), the Phoenix ( a divine creature in the myth) took sides with the human race, after the dragon king started slaughtering humans, or when the dragon king decided that all humans must die.

Hence, I now can really sympathize with the dragonkind. To be betrayed, and to be cockblocked by an archnemesis.

17. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    refresh my memory what was the name of that song that LM was playing with that classmate before the whole pond/frog incident?

18. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    gonna have to check it out. Gimme a moment or two.

found it.

'Phoenix seeking the Phoenix'.

Unless Aran translated it wrong.

anything special about the song, @Odyssey ?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  19. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    God answered your prayers, people.

A calculative, cold blooded, black bellied protagist is now here!

Rejoice!

/sarcasm

Oh Li Muyang... What will you do?

20. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    yes maybe, going back to what you said
    and the fact he called her a "friend" its sounds like Dragon King and the Phoenix didn't start out as archnemesis, and may have been close.....very close. Normal enemies wouldn't have a "let's die together" mindset. Doesn't look like the phoenix really cares deeply for mankind she just doesn't want to see her friend turn into a demon/monster