Role Playing The Iron Puppet and the Village of Dagum

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Yamazu, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
?

Continue the story?

1. Yes, please.

100.0%
  2. No, don't.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dagum Village is your home. It's a small peaceful village well known for its dairy products. North from Dagum is a mysterious forest. Why is it mysterious? Because unlike most forests in this fantasy world, Payahan Forest is completely devoid of any monsters. Not a single demonic soul lives in those woods. It is a common belief in your village that a sort of nameless deity lives within those woods. Commonly referred to as "The Silver Guardian", its presence scares away all evil spirits and monsters that come near the forest. The harvest season is near, and at the end of every harvest season, your village brings offerings of milk and cheese to the Silver Guardian's resting place. The resting place, a ruin seemingly made of silver, gold, and sapphires, is found in the middle of Payahan forest, hidden by stones and vines under a easily recognizable cliff. Shortly after reaching the Silver Guardian's resting place and placing all of the many offerings onto altars with the help of some of the adults, a child from the village, a little girl with golden locks and crystal blue eyes donning a beautiful silk dress, rushes into the ruins. She's the village chief's child, Tina. A smart young girl blessed by the Gods of Water with talents in magic surpassing many her age. Not only is she an important person to the village, but she is also someone you know very well. What do you do?

-RULES-
    This is just a simple role-playing game you can play along with your friends. Just follow these rules and you'll be fine:

1. Make yourself a character sheet before doing anything else! Make sure to show it when you first introduce your character! Here's an example format:

NAME: Example-kun
    RACE: Imp (Don't go too crazy with the race, lol)
    SEX: Male (Feel free to specify your preferences too, if that matters in your story)
    OCCUPATION: Village Hunter (Further explanation may be necessary depending on your occupation)
    SHORT DESCRIPTION: A serious drinker. He can chug a barrel of alcohol without batting an eye and still be alive the next day. Although he's not much of a talker, once he's downed a 4th barrel, he'll be chatting you up from one morning to the next about his depressing love life.

2. Whenever you perform an action, don't forget to have your character's information in a spoiler somewhere on your post. For example:

NAME: Example-kun
    RACE: Imp (Don't go too crazy with the race, lol)
    SEX: Male (Feel free to specify your preferences too, if that matters in your story)
    OCCUPATION: Village Hunter (Further explanation may be necessary depending on your occupation)
    SHORT DESCRIPTION: A serious drinker. He can chug a barrel of alcohol without batting an eye and still be alive the next day. Although he's not much of a talker, once he's downed a 4th barrel, he'll be chatting you up from one morning to the next about his depressing love life.

EXAMPLE-KUN | VILLAGE HUNTER
    That night, I was starving. A morning two days before, I hunted 5 flakrabbits (Large rabbit-like creatures that jump around from tree to tree using a natural gunpowder-like materials made from a special gland to give them a little boost for each and every jump they make). Quick as they were, with my level of skill, I managed to shoot them all down with my trusty bow and brought their carcasses back home at sunrise. However, because of a little drinking competition I had that day (I chugged down 9 barrels that day), I was knocked out from the morning of that day 'till the morning of this day. Because of that, the flakrabbit meat I forgot to dry was now rotten and smelly. They became disgusting blobs of green that covered my entire storage room's in their awful rotting stench. With no dried flakrabbit meat to eat for morning, lunch, or dinner, my stomach was left completely empty. Payday was still a week away, and I only had barely enough coppers (copper coins) to buy even half a handful of hard bread from the village baker. I hadn't much options to choose from to save me from starvation, so that night I left my post and went to visit my older brother, HINT-KUN, to shamelessly beg for food from him. ETC...

3. This thread will update an event whenever suitable.

4. Feel free to discuss things about the story and your characters with other players!

5. The story will continue to change to fit the players' needs! Hopefully...

6. Make sure to follow the rules of the forums!

7. No trolling, I guess?

8. Have fun.

9. I'm horrible at making rules.

10. This thread will go down if we get tired of the story or something, I guess.

11. Let's just get this thing started!

-SIDE NOTE-
    If you have any questions or suggestions for the thread, feel free to ask. This is an experimental thread. I sort of hope to be making more of these in the future and adjust the rules to make it a bit more fun to play around with.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I just put my usual character profile here...

NAME: Panty-kun
    RACE: Reincarnated Panty
    SEX: Does underwear have genders?
    SHORT DESCRIPTION: A human that have died due to massive bad odor of used underwears. This guy died when he slipped and some magical force thrown some bucket full of used panties to his head. Called by a lowly-class God, somehow called as the Goddess of Panties, pity the guy and made him reincarnate to a world of fantasy of swords and magic with the guy wishing to be surrounded by girls. But in an ironic twist of that wish, he turned into a panty. Called as Panty-kun by his first wearer, together they went on an adventure, making "kill the demon lord" as their quest and succeeding it in the end. But Panty-kun died an agonizing death when the husband of his partner washed him in a rough manner. So before this post was created, Panty-kun is dead and will be mentioned by people here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Troll or not, that's a surprisingly detailed background story. Lol.

4. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    When you want to join the roleplay but you just want to be a filler character....

5. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relatable.

6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    NAME: Cadie
    RACE: Unknown
    SEX: Unknown(Prefered as Male)
    SHORT DESCRIPTION: Woke up one day in the village with amnesia. Unknown of his origins nor his identity, he becamea farmer after being taken care of a family who works at a farm after waking up. Very skilled in combat and magic, he solely focuses more in training to protect the people he solely cares for.

7. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMPORTANT EVENT!

The village chief, Carm, watched in horror as his own daughter, Tina, rushed into the Silver Guardian's resting place. Shortly after, recovering from his shock, he ordered the players to bring her back before she wakes the Guardian from his slumber. The trip to Payahan Forest was tiring enough for the players who were made to carry the many offerings the chief had prepared, now they had to follow his own daughter into the belly of a beast. The Silver Guardian must be a magnanimous deity to have given these people's land his protective blessings for decades despite their continued destruction of his forests, however, would he still forgive these mortals for encroaching upon his domain?

The players
    wearily entered the ruins. There, they saw many strange things. Many walls were lined with glowing lines of aqua green from within their cracks, presumably a source of magic connecting to many parts of the ruins. The walls were plated with silver-like alloys, hard and rusted, with gold outlines covered in dirt and dust. Vines and string-like metal hung from the ceilings as they pushed onward into the darkness where many secrets may lie. Several minutes of searching later, the players find a small opening in the form of broken metal doors. After forcing their way through, they find Tina on her knees, bowing her head before a skeleton-like object hanging from the ceiling, bound in golden metal-like strings, encased in smooth red glowing glass, surrounded by metal pipes.

Its appearance bared resemblance resemblance to a string puppet, many of
    the players thought. But unlike a string puppet, its body was made with metal, metal, and more metal. And just like the walls by the ruins' entrance, its entire body was lined with an aquatic green glow from its cracks. A ball-like object protruded from its head, presumably an eye. The eye flickered yellow lights as it observed the small girl below, saying her prayers in a desperate tone of voice.

"Please, oh benevolent one. You have granted us many peaceful years with your blessings of protection, but I ask thee, won't you bring back my grandfather from his eternal slumber? His death was unjustified! I, I can't-"

The eye blinked, the puppet lowered its head, and the players felt an immeasurable pressure holding their hearts down as smoke spewed from the pipes beside them. The earth began to shake, and many of the people at the scene felt fear caging their hearts in place. The glass lifted, and the puppet descended from the ceiling, its feet reaching the ground. It took a step towards the terrified child, crouching down as if to get a better look at her expression. The smoke cleared, giving the players a better look at what was happening before them.

Tina lifted her head, her eyes teary and her nose dripping with snot. When her eyes met the puppe- no,
    the Silver Guardian's, the Silver Guardian took its long rusty arms and embraced her. Tina froze in surprise. And the Silver Guardian beeped as if in delight. Was this its way of saying her prayers were heard and that she would be answered? The party did not know. Neither did they know what to do next. They simply stood there, staring at the metal skeleton embracing the now relieved-looking Tina.

And then, strange sounds echoed throughout the halls behind
    the players. Like metal scraping against metal, the sound began to grew louder and louder as it came closer and closer. The players took to the sides for their safety, and Tina came under the Silver Guardian's protection. The doors that protected this room from invaders, the same one the players entered from, busted open. Ten figures appeared from the smoke and dust that had cleared shortly after the doors' destruction. They all wore ragged clothing and light armor, and many of them had burly bodies trained to kill. One of them, a large-bodied man, took center stage and spoke to the girl hiding behind the metal skeleton in a demanding tone.

"I am Edmond, captain of the Hilton Knights. Little girl, would you please hand over that
    artifact to me? I believe it has great value to the kingdom. It will serve us well to protect us from the demons that seek to claim our lands."

The self-proclaimed captain of the Hilton Knights pointed at
    the Silver Guardian and glared at the once again terrified child. The Hilton Knights were a knight order that served to protect the town of Hilton, a nearby town west of Payahan Forest. If they truly were who they claimed they were, then they must be here under orders to subjugate the village's most beloved deity. Because the village has been under the protection of the Silver Guardian since time immemorial, we had never needed the protection of the nearby kingdom of Bayog, the kingdom that Hilton Town was under. This meant that the village had no obligations to follow by the Hilton Knights' demands. And because it was the Silver Guardian that the Hilton Knights were demanding for, this only served to anger the players.

Many of
    the players quietly moved closer to the Hilton Knights from the sides, still unnoticed by their captain and his men. But one of the men raised their voice upon noticing their approach. The Hilton Knights became alert. Edmond, glaring at the players, spoke to them in a condescending tone of voice.

"Unlike the filthy beasts that live in the forests, you lot are smart fellows, yeah? You'd know what would happen to your village if you were to interfere with our mission. I suggest you all leave here, now."

Now, what will the players do?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't read the yellow.
    I can barely read the green.
    I can't read the white.

The idea doesn't seem bad for now, but make sure to use colors that work on both the light and dark themes.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, and on this post, you reaaaaaaally need to split it into more paragraphs, it's too hard to read this biiiiiig paragraphs.

10. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki

Gotcha. I'll work on it in a minute or two.

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    All better! ^^)/

13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Cadie || Farmer(Blue for Char Speech, red for action)
    One day while i was out tending to the fields, i spot the villager's daughter heading to the shrine as i followed her towards the cave. I was curious as to why she occasionally visit even though i was just a fellow traveler around here...

Upon reaching my destination, i can only see her worshipping some kind of metal statue that seems to be some sort of god towards this village as she ask it to bring back her grandfather back.

This spark a fragment of a memory as i suddenly recall a bit on my past...

"Your swings have become smoother yet you still make big moves. Its impressive nonetheless as you still mature and observe your surroundings..."

It was a voice of an older man whom i recalled but the memories were still dim as i can only recall only a fragment of it until i realised that i had spaced out and see that the girl was being hugged by the statue.

I quickly pulled out my sword and prepared for combat but seeing it unharming her, i just relaxed as i placed my priority on protecting her.

Then, a group of knights appeared and tried to take the statue as the girl aggressively stood between. The leader warned us of what would happen but i only focus on protecting the girl.

The leader grew mad due to us not budging an inch, he unpaitiently pulls out his sword to strike us yet i slice his arm with a quick slash as screams in agony. Since it had come to this, me and the rest begun to fight the knights off as they witness our might and tried to flee but we quickly blocked their exit as we begun restraining them.

As we begin interrogating them, they had no clue except for their leader yet his answers were only unhelpful that we can only think that it was rubbish and instead ignore it.

I head towards the village chief's house to return his daughter and tell what has occured at the shrine. He only give thanks for protecting her daughter from harm as i head back to the farm and recollect my thoughts.

My actions had cause this village to become helpless towards a kingdom that would soon set out and come here to obtain what they seek. My goal is to protect my benefactors and set out to regain my memories...

Yamazu likes this.
  14. Yamazu

Yamazu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy hell. I forgot that this existed.