Novel The Key To Seven Grimoires Defiles Evil

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Yunano34a1, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Yunano34a1

Yunano34a1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hellow everyone!

I am an artist who wanted to try my different take in isekai. It is oversaturated with RPG elements and sometimes we expect it's dull because we all know MC is going to bulldoze everyone with his cheat skills or knowledge from the modern world. (Seriously, are they walking encyclopedias or robots of some sort?)

I try to convince myself that I'm deconstructing (or at least trying to) an isekai fantasy with actual isekai elements where there is other worlds, awesome adventures, and etc. (Not just some humans who try to cosplay fantasy races)

Please note that English is not my native so please expect there would be weird translations or hard-to-read sentences. (But it's not bad as MTL... Probably?)

[​IMG]

Synopsis:
    After a rampant disappearance of young people, A notorious serial killer is terrorizing the augmented virtual reality industry by killing people in-game and in real life. That stopped when the killer mysteriously vanished and was sent into another world.

Gevanni is an odd highschooler raised in a dystopian future. He wants to become part of the world's top players in the most trending augmented virtual reality game, Herscheim. However, when he met a seemingly real female demon, he was transported into another world. But this came with a cost, all Cursed Grimoires users must hunt down each other—He is one of them.

Gevanni possesses a sentient and strict grimoire that can copy and merge skills. With his prodigious wits and adaptability, he'll wage war against the other six Cursed Grimoire users transported in the same world as him.

Release Schedule:
    Writing is my past time and my work as a freelancer artist take as a priority. There will be weeks where I post a lot and rarely. Please look forward to it!

Genres:
    Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Isekai, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Tragedy

Tags:
    Acting, Androgynous Characters, Appearance Changes, Assassins, Betrayal, Blackmail, Blood Manipulation, Boss-Subordinate Relationship, Brainwashing, Charismatic Protagonist, Clever Protagonist, Cunning Protagonist, Demi-Humans, Demons, Dolls/Puppets, Dungeons, Evil Organizations, Fantasy Creatures, Fast Learner, Half-human Protagonist, Loli, Military, Secret Organizations, Wars, Yandere

What to expect:
    Death note level of thinking. The Cursed Grimoire users can either confront the other the traditional beat them up way, manipulate an entire country to aid to fight this certain Cursed Grimoire user/s, and/or others.

While the story's main plot is focused on the Cursed Grimoire users, there will be constant wars and how each country survives and behave differently from one another. As well as how fantasy races and monsters affected by it.

Most of the problems are addressed so misunderstandings are avoided.

Don't forget the Conspiracies and Deceptions.

Proper Power Level Scaling

Oh! I illustrate some chapters! It's a bonus for making that certain chapter more epic!!!

What NOT to expect:
    No smut or overly-detailed gruesome methods. Nobody is immune to plot armor (Yes, eventually they will die but not left and right). Harems. Extreme Fanservice. Dense "prop" characters distracting MC's goals.

Table of Contents:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  2. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

3. Yunano34a1

Yunano34a1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue
    The First Half Of Chaos

Herscheim] A type of ULMMO-RPG (Universal Link Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game)

Year 21xx.

Released with the efforts of various developed countries— mainly America and Japan.

The Universal Link Console, A headset device that lets you create another version of yourself into a game and manage it on your phone or computer.

Since you have sent another version of yourself into the game, that character is certain to do the things you want inside the game even if you don’t manage it from time to time.

Also, you can choose the option of Auto-attack. It’s one of its special features.

The event only Herscheim has that outbests every other console is—the All-Out Decennial World War. Any direct violence against other countries is prohibited until the designated time of war. Every nation and race must participate in the war. The country that wins the war is given an omnipotent wish in the game.

The losing countries are given enough time to recover and don’t have to participate in the next war. Unless that is, they chose to participate again.

Universal Link Console still functions like other virtual reality consoles. In a safe location and a comfortable position, you can use the other link. By using the Universal Line, you are sent directly into the game. There is the option of using the Default Line where it uses the same functions as the standard augmented virtual reality.

You can feel the game as if it is another reality no matter which line you use. Players can use all of their senses. Consistently, you either feel pain or pleasure.

Many think of it as a form of escape from reality. Others believe it to be a monstrosity—it captures the hearts of many and becomes a bad influence.

In the world of Herscheim, players are not able to choose their classes. Most of the time, they are transformed into Heteromorphic races mixed races consisting of unique monsters. Their figures are never human.

Although indirect, Monsters and Humans can breed in-game. Pure humans never exist. As a result, this world is mostly dominated by the bloodline of demons. It boasts the most overpowered ability—Adaptive Anti-Trinity Magic systems. A passive system that covers the main three elements of physical, Magical, and Divine attacks. It adapts based on enemy attacks and negates them.

Over time, the higher the player’s level becomes, the more the player’s personality adapts into one similar to his in-game race’s. For example, a Demon Emperor—the player will adapt his mental and physical capabilities. It then becomes unlikely for him to do any foolish actions. If he did, it restricts him from doing anything unnecessary.

This can make the players go mad. To prevent the players from going into mad-like states, there is also a system called “Passive auto-recovery.” Once activated, the players forget what made them think like that in the game and soothes them. In extreme cases where phase 1 is not enough, the system forces them to log out of the game, and their senses will revert to normal.

There are reports where players resist phase 2 due to their severe addiction to the game so that they unlock the record of the longest hours played without logging out. This achievement is frequently updated every time a new player outlasts the previous. Because of this, the system has to induce its players into a comatose-state before they can safely log out.

The only downside of this game is the God Players—Their never-ending ability to change rules. It even results in Data loss. In simple terms, they can accidentally kill someone in the real world as collateral damage for changing the rules in-game.

However, no one has proven this yet. People all over the world simply die of a heart attack.

For over a century since Herscheim was created, no bugs or problems existed.

With the fruitful success of today’s technology, Herscheim has become a big hit worldwide. The immersion of being there was no different from what you saw as real. Perhaps, it's the last recreation of the good old days humans could ever think of after developing a world of dystopia. A world built on machinery where everything is lab-grown and simulated.

If we were to compare the gamers of the 21st century to centuries from now on, the numbers would be astronomical. Their mindsets and mental endurances are higher than the old generation.

Even the military searches for their country’s strongest player to aid them in the All-Out Decennial World War in-game. They use this in-game war to solve political disputes. If used correctly, no actual lives are lost.

Before the All-Out Decennial World War started, if a player lost his life, he would be resurrected only once. However, he would be sent into the area where he was three hours before his death. The second time he died, he would be forced to start his progress all over again.

Most players looted portions of their dead opponents’ belongings and are jerks because of this original rule.

However, once the All-Out Decennial World War was set, any resurrection skills became unusable.

The stigmata of being a shut-in, introvert, and being afraid of the real world vanished; people looked up to them—and those players were called “Deicide.”

These players were capable of altering the game’s system and imposing their own laws. No matter how much game developers wished to remove it, they couldn’t.

The irremovable system and unwritten rule of Herscheim— high-ranking players can only live in a world or fight with someone who is the same as they were. In other words, a God can only take down a God, and a God mustn’t live in a world of lower lifeforms.

The player who thought of this made the game balanced, unlike before.

The systems players add to the game are so innovative that they cannot be distinguished from reality and in the game. The in-game worlds exist as different natures—systems that offer endless evolution to players. For example, establishing various detailed ecosystems and food chains amongst the monsters.

Even if the player reaches the capped level, they can choose to annihilate other timelines (other servers) or just laze around.

Some call them Prodigies, God players, Secret Game Masters, and many more.

In the end, they are rumored to be urban legends. Only a few could attain that— those who detest their boring life.

“Starting their life all over again in a game. Over and over until they forget their own existence.”

。。。。。。

Somewhere, a fantasy world we imagined exists.

I was a victim of this cruel war between cursed grimoires. My name holds no meaning anymore... I am Euphrasia Estella... forgotten along those who shaped this world.

Humanity crumbled. They had forsaken their only unique title— “The Weak One.”

Everyone sought power as many times as they could. To discard their humanity so easily… It irritated me.

Rage, hunger, and lust; Fundamentals similar to beasts.

With brute force, they dominated this world instantly.

The name of that race— Demons.

However, not everyone was capable of using this cursed power. Instead, they were “eaten” as an excuse for protecting humans. The strong devoured the weak. The weak only clung to their prayers. The wise exhausted their resources. The foolish wasted their lives.

No one was safe. Everyone died with guilt in their hearts. They were never saved.

They were stuck in the abyss.

This reason to live. My immeasurable power. A being who doesn’t age. The responsibility that is bestowed unto me— The destroyer of time. Can someone end the ticks of my clock?

I suppose in the eyes of everyone— I am God; If I were to explain to why I abandoned them— I witnessed the cruelty of life side by side; Happiness and Sadness— I experienced it over and over again because I didn’t know how it feels like— For I am, emotionless, or so I thought. These feeble yet strong emotions greatly hinder my job; At this point, there’s no turning back— is this a curse? Why are we created when we are so fragile?

The skies were white as if the colors had vanished. The battlefield covered the rest with soulless sand. Black ashes flew all over the place. The high-pitched agony of remaining beings echoed from a distance. “This feeling… Why is it so cold despite everything burning?”

I stand atop this mountain of demon corpses. As an assurance, I have to clean this place to its original state—

“I won’t give up!!!”

At first, I thought I was hallucinating. That question was still reverberating in my mind. A line that I had always heard... Until that person tried to move forward to me.

A scene that never ceased to amuse me. A lowly creature approaching a God easily.

“A de- No, A human, yet one that possesses a lot of mana?”

How did he manage to survive? Is he a half-demon breed? I didn’t have time to ponder. As I finished my incantation— I looked at his face. We both had the same eyes— they were full of resentment. And hope— that humanity would not disappoint.

“First pages of Grand Grimoire… Greater Sineagis!”

The fragments of reality cracked. Pieces of collective reality from everyone fell.

“I swear I’ll get my revenge! No matter how many times I get reborn... I’ll hunt you down to the depths of this world!”

I couldn’t hear his words, but I felt his emotions striking into my heart; It was as if I was bathing in countless memories.

“Why are we always like this? We just wanted to be acknowledged… and yet—"

He cried as he embraced my body. His gentle warmth— was this the peak of what emotion felt like? This was way more satisfying than seeing the others I’d killed. However, I couldn’t utter any words.

Everything collapsed until we were surrounded by darkness. In that vast space, where the stars had abandoned us, I didn’t save him.

Like darkness, there was no need to imagine what would happen next. I could sense a faint light, and to satisfy my curiosity— I approached it. “My answer would be… There’s no one for me to blame for.”

The human from earlier, his soul remained with me. It was still pure despite being tainted by darkness. He wasn’t consumed.

“If I have the chance to restart again, throw away your unfairness and give it to me!”

His voice echoed. For a soul to talk when it had already left its physical body truly surprised me.

I, a being whose purpose was only to destroy things, wished only for one thing— to compensate for my unfairness. To have someone who can truly understand me. As I closed my eyes… My heart beat once again.

“I hope we meet again, my dear savior.”

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021