Spoiler The Kind Older Sister Is No More

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 4, 2020.

1. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I have access to kakao ; jumped to chapter 19 randomly (it's free chapter every day).

The gray hair man named Noel (he's our ML obviously). The scene of chapter 19 is Irene (MC) riding a carriage with Noel (ML) together. Irene found being called by her name by Noel heart fluttering and she can't help but glancing toward ML every now and then. Oh, they are in a contract relationship.

Noel wanted to explains something to Irene but she told him that he doesn't need to do that because she doesn't have to know everything about Noel. But Noel insisted that she should know about him (or at least it is okay to know more beyond the surface).

It seems in the previous chapter they met with a man. Noel explained that the man is his cousin who is pureblood (mtl really translated it as pureblood) --- apparently the man used to be candidate for the title that Noel currently has (so a rival). Noel is grand duke / duke, because the cousin is a Count.

Noel explained that he didn't tell things at first because he didn't want to burden Iren with his chaotic situation, but because she's going to be his wife, she should know who is their enemy (seriously----Noel is so considerate). He told her that it is understandable if she wanted to break the contract because her life could be in danger. Irene told him she won't back down.

Then they discuss a bit about the contract. It seems for Noel getting married to Irene is to secure the Grand Duke title and for Iren is to cut ties with her fiancee. Noel mentioned about her cutting all ties even with the Chase family, because apparently being the eldest and engaged to means all inheritance of the family and rights of Count Chase will go her husband (i think this what it meant; edit: this part is a bit confusing). Noel continued that they can discuss their next step once he inherited the title successfully (whether they stayed married or divorced). Noel somewhat promises that he will make sure she will live a prosperous life, although it will be rocky.

Irene told him that she will make up her mind. Noel told her to do it soon so they can hold the trial.

The last few pages were about Irene's thoughts regarding her engagement with her fiance. It somewhat mentioned that her fiance told her that he would never married her. Then Irene thoughts about how her sister seemed to be alright with the situation because they are family after all. Irene decided to leave her house early morning tomorrow (probably to give Noel her decision) and the chapter ended with her parents waiting for her

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) What trial? To hold Chase accountable for trying to seduce and steal the inheritance?
    2.) Wow - her parents were actually waiting for her? The way they acted it seemed like they didn't care for her at all.
    3.) Will they be ok switching her fiance? Maybe right since they didn't like him at all.

3. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow i can open chapter 20 so here it goes (anyway, I'm mtl-ing so if later someone can get access for full raw please do some correction).

Irene froze seeing them, expecting them to get angry, but then her mother hugged her and told her that everything is alright. her mother said how sorry they are and that they never understood that she was lonely. Riel (the little sister a.k.a the white lotus) was standing on the stairs watching the scene smiling (it's creepy tbh).

Apparently, Riel told their parents on how lonely Irene has been, etc. and she continued with, "....You crave love that you meet a guy like Noel Kristan...." (it seems because Noel is not pureblood, he doesn't really have a good image). Irene didn't eat up the sweet word and asked the mother to move away (she really said, "-----Get out of the way."), this angered the father and he was ready to slap her.

The mother and father were fighting, the father mentioned how he couldn't wait any longer and that she was a disgrace, while the mother said that there's no way Irene would take Riel's man.

Irene then said coldly, "Who's Riel's man? I don't know what you mean but Noel didn't do anything to me. It's me who is helping."
    then the mother continued how it was a misunderstanding that the real heir to the grand duke is Count Rigsis (Noel's cousin). irene then shook her head and said, "What misunderstanding, I'm going to marry Noel."

The father swung his hand at her but Irene avoided it (it seems the dad been doing this many times).

Irene: I didn't marry him to be the grand duchess or to give him access to it. it just for me and noel.

Riel who watched the whole thing stunt, not expecting Irene to argue/fight back.

Irene stepped back to the door and opened it and there was a sudden support. Irene turned around in surprise.

"I'm worried" it was Noel.

so after dropping her off. Noel awaited and watched until Irene entered the house. He was worried although he knows there's no trouble that should happen to her. He looked at the unlit mansion and felt like the darkness has swallowed Irene, that made him uneasy. Apparently, Noel has saw her hurt many times before, so when he saw that the light didn't turn on, he decided to go to the front door to check her condition and that's when he hears the arguments when Irene's voice said that going to marry Noel. He was contemplating to open the door when it opened and revealed Irene.

The father then got angry when he saw Noel and screamed, "You ruined my two daughters." (so it seems Riel had decided she 'like' Noel and told her parents that --- or she just want to steal anything that belongs to her sister).

Irene was surprised when she heard the father words. After all, Riel never has any contact with Noel.

At this point, Riel is 'acting' that she is not fine (chewing her nails). Irene remembered the words from earlier that she must have taken Riel's man but Irene quickly understands that everything is only Riel's trick. This revelation only made Irene even more devastated and depressed.

The father about to continue his rant but Riel stopped him by running down from the stairs. This made the mother worried. Riel then started apologizing to Noel. She used the pitiful act, crying and 'fake' puppy eyes by saying, "it's all because of me.". Noel didn't respond much.

Riel then continued by saying, "Actually i have been in love with you for a long time."

Noel frowned at the confession and Irene started to get uneasy at the whole thing. Irene was getting anxious and Noel only replied with a, "I see.". Noel really respond coldly, not really moved by Riel's crying.

Riel was caught off guard but she didn't give up. "I told my parent about it and i think my sister heard about it and started approaching you on purpose. Of course i didn't think she will do that--- but---."

"You got it wrong" Noel answered shortly and moved his hands from Irene's shoulder and took her hand in his, pulled her carefully to stand by his side.

"I'm the one that approaches Irene Chase first."

wow... Riel is really playing the act of white lotus and threw her sister under the bus properly.... wow... this is there first time that a chapter alone enough to make me want to stab a character....

4. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Think the trial is to annul her engagement and I made a mistake withe name--- Chase is Irene last name (will edit my previous post)

the other two questions are answered in my next post of chapter 20

5. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried going to next chapter and kakao let me so here another quick mtl of chapter 21:blobsmirk::blobsmirk::blobsmirk:

Riel was shocked at Noel's answer and shouted her disbelief which caused her to cough (karma) and the parents approached her all worried.

Noel said "From the moment i first laid my eyes on her and I approached her first and said---"
    "Then---." (this is Riel)
    "What are you saying to a sick child? what if she collapsed because of the shock!" (this is the countess)
    "I do not think the Countess can only see a sick daughter without even thinking about the wound she was getting." (Basically Noel called out the mother for only caring about Riel but didn't care that they hurt and gave wound to Irene).

The father looked at Irene and saw her cold, empty eyes which made him quivered. His expression turned grim mixed with embarrassment.

"Irene! Tell me! Is that true? How can you be hurt if you are healthy and get everything you want? You will inherit the estate of Count Hotnall!" The father called out which made both the mother and Riel turned to look at Irene.

Irene ignored them and told Noel, "I told you that I will make my decision as soon as possible." then continued, "I will marry Noel."

Both mother and Riel shouted at her and Irene said, "If you two object, I no longer Riel's sister, no longer your daughter."

The father called out to Irene, "Suit yourself! But keep this in mind, your dogmatic behavior makes so many people sad and you will regret it!"

"I'm disappointed in you Irene" was the mother's quiet reprimand"

Riel shook her head and turned to look at Irene, "Really, you have no conscience sister" then she continued, "Parent who have fed and raised you so far and you betrayed them. is that what you meant? If it wasn't for my family, my sister would be dead----!"

Irene remained silent as Riel stopped herself from finishing her words.

"it's the family who abandoned me."
    "What a nerve. you don't even know what you're up against and you're in our parents' heart." (that some bullsh*t right there)

Riel turned to Noel, "You'll regret it, my Lord."
    "I don't know what you're talking about."
    "She's not as nice and quiet as you think she is."
    "I never thought she was nice, quiet woman, Irene is just Irene." (Give this man ML of the year award please--- he's decent).
    "If my Lord wants an opposite of that, you could choose." (basically she is saying that she is better than Irene)
    "How can I bring a liar as my wife?" (BUUUURNNN)

At Noel's word, Riel stopped breathing and Noel turned to look at Irene which made her also lookup.

"Irene if you don't have a place to stay for the night, why don't you come with me??"
    "But, that's too much---."
    "I will tell my grandfather that you are coming, he will be pleased. But the choice is yours. You can stay here if you want."
    "Sister don't go" (this is Riel)

"If you really go this time, it's really over, can you break their heart? The two people who raised you?"
    "That's why I'm leaving." Irene then continued, "if i stay in this house, i will not be able to cut it out."
    "You're going to betray them! My parents who have raised you so far!"

"It's not a goodwill, but an obligation and responsibility for the two of them to raise Irene. And Irene is an adult. There's nothing wrong with her leaving the house." Noel said coldly.
    "----Leave the grand prince (?) alone."
    "I'm sorry. but Irene didn't say anything so i can't listen to you."

Riel was still too stunned when Noel guide Irene out of the door and closed it behind them.

"Because your life is yours. no one can intervene in your life." Noel said softly to Irene and it called her down.
    "Thank you for saying that."
    "Is there anything to get?"

Irene shook her head at his question. There's nothing that really important to her in that house, the only thing she cared was a painting but it already torn apart.

After the whole thing, Noel brought her back to his grandfather's place. Noel told her that she should rest once they arrived but Irene was already exhausted so he told to take a nap during their right and promised to wake her up. The next time Irene woke up the carriage had stopped, the sky was dark with the moon already high. Noel teased her that she had slept for a long time that he almost fell asleep right there too. When Noel joke he still had a serious face so it was hard for Irene.

anyway.... Riel is really brave after lying like that and still believe that she is on the right and that everyone should love her.

Noel is the best ML! He is considerate and said all the right words

6. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MORE..MORE..MOREE!! we want more :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Thank you for the spoilers @mattomatto !!! Im waiting for the next updates:aww::aww:
    I thought they'll tell the parents that the b*tch sister cheat (or kiss) with Irene's fiance too.
    I can't wait for the parents to realize the truth about the white lotus sister. She really angered me:blobcurse:

Minaeli, Marie_0720, MapItOut and 4 others like this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    @mattomatto, thanks for the sudden release of spoilers today. And her fake sick sister just makes ME sick! Gosh! I just love how the ML just outright told her family that MC is just MC and that why would he marry a liar (I assume I understood your spoilers right? But wasn't the sis aiming for her fiance? why was she going for ML this time? (Sorry, I only read your latest spoilers so far). But definitely glad she finally got to leave that terrible home of hers!

TrinaAngel, Minaeli, macrhh and 14 others like this.
  8. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I was really hoping for Irene to tell them what Riel did but no. I think this is the first time I really want to b*tch slap a character just from reading one chapter alone:blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

The last part about why he would marry a liar is aimed at the sister, Riel, because she is trying to say that Irene is a two-face but the ML just shut her down

That is also what I thought. Either I will need to jump few chapters back to find out or jump few chapters forward, although my theory is that Riel just want to take everything from Irene just because she can and she believes no one will argue with her.

9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, thanks for the spoilers. Don't worry. It seems I did understood your spoilers, even Noel implying on he's aware of Riel's two faced nature.
    And I guess, you're right. B*tch just wants to take EVERYTHING away from MC just to flex on how much their parents adore her. Can't wait for karma to really bite her. Dunno if I want her to genuinely get sick and that no one would marry her in a noble setting if she was to truly become useless as a sick person or just straight up get punished for her lies. Either way, their parents are gonna lose out with one of their daughters leaving, their literal heir is running away and leaving them with the "sick" sister whose only talents are seduction by sympathy card and faking sickness. Good luck on your bridal training and household management training b*tch

10. Katimu

Katimu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on why riel hates and wants to take everything away from MC?? Is there some backstory involved, or is she just a [edited and censored word] in general

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Pipi1989, cutynight, babayagu and 5 others like this.
  11. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really pissed off by the parents and this is only from reading two chapters alone. At this rate, i hope we will get to see that family fall into ruin. ML is going to protect Irene as much as he can and I'm sure if that family make one wrong move, he will end them

12. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure we will get any backstory for Riel's part.. but let see.. if tomorrow i can open up another chapter I try to jump up few chapters and see whether we can get more juicy information

13. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I really do enjoy reading this ESPECIALLY since I've just been reading CN manhuas just now and just have been presented with the usual, "I can't let her know this specific thing because I don't want her to worry/I can protect her just fine, she doesn't need to know/I'll tell her once this is all over, I just hope she understands why I'm doing all this"
    and its really nice of Noel to give her not only one last chance to back out but also warn her of people that are legitimately a threat. Ofc there's also the fact he trusts her/the truth about her situation upon seeing her white lotus sister (for what I assumed to be) the first time meeting and can already tell her two faced nature

macrhh, Inasible, Rin Lee and 14 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it was reference few times in chapter 20 and 21 that at least Noel has a bit of idea regarding Irene's situation with her family. Which makes me wonder if there's reason from Noel's part to offer the contract to her

15. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Are they not blood related siblings? Because it's weird with how evil Riel is to her sister. Usually the evil one is step siblings or half siblings.

16. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    They are blood related. Riel is just.... spoiled little white lotus

17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree with @mattomatto on this one (unless future spoilers prove us wrong like her getting some sort of backstory like the case of non blood related siblings MC and her co orphan "sister" from A star Reborn manhua/novel where the sister fell for the 2nd ML because the 2nd ML would visit her often when she was sick because MC was busy making money to pay off what they owe 2nd ML/gain some level of independence/prove she can stand alongside him and 2nd ML was basically visiting her out of obligation that he's dating her sister/felt some level of pity and that he saw her as his sister too but b*tch sister misunderstood. Meh. My sh*tty memory is at it again and I don't think I can bother remembering even their names).

Back to your question/topic at hand. It depends on the individual on how they'd react but Riel clearly grew up spoiled and got to understand how easy it was to get their parents' attention. I don't know if she's been faking it and if her illness has already been cured (lets speculate she DID get sick at least, cuz it'll be quite hard to believe a little girl would be so manipulative at such a young age and somehow have the the acting skills to pull off faking an illness this early in life) but not only did she get to see how easy it is to get their parents' attention, she knew her kind sister would always back down and give in to what she'd wants too. Not to mention, Riel grew up in an environment where she saw it was okay to treat her sister that way (literally the environment was beneficial to Riel and unfair to Irene in every way, if I remember the adaptation promo right, even random students from the academy would side with Riel and made sure Irene did her job just looking out for her sister just because she was healthier and older/basically to fulfill her role as the healthier older sibling and watch over the pitiable, frail younger sister)

Honestly, what I'm more confused of is Irene's ex fiance. From what little the promo showed, lets assume two things: Since this was an arranged marriage, 1. he has no feelings towards Irene and is marrying her out of noble obligation and 2. lets assume the b*stard fell for Riel's pitiful sickly act and let himself be taken advantaged of or even falls for her. This is incredibly a minor issue I have mind you, and there could be a few explanations down the line but the thing is, for a "sickly" person, Riel conveniently is quite active in being in a secret relationship with a man. Not like she couldn't, but would you seriously have a relationship with her knowing in public, she'd somehow get coughing fits? I'm not sure in their era if the concept of germs/bacteria/virus or their level of medical advancement is that superb but I honestly don't get how'd that guy would voluntarily be with her when she's supposed to be known as someone whose that terribly sickly (I mean, their parents would overreact, the students would get mad AT Irene if she somehow failed to look after Riel)

18. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember somewhere in chapter 20 or 21, it was mentioned that Riel thought it was fine to approach the ex-fiance because he is part of the family. I think it was Irene that remembering things and she remembered how Riel said that it was okay because the ex-fiance is family (but my memory can be wrong).

Oh, this! Riel grew up with the knowledge that her sister will always serve her and be dismissed by others (esp. parents) and i remember reading the translated prologue that Irene's friends got angry at her because they think that Irene was 'bullying' Riel and Riel only response is that it should not be a problem or so and then we see Riel started becoming those girls friends.

Perhaps Riel may have been really sick when she's younger but as she grow up and saw her environment she just learned that it is natural to put down Irene and took everything from her. After all, their parents did that and so Riel did the same thing, except now she outright lie and manipulated people around her

Dofu, MianneChan, TrinaAngel and 28 others like this.
  19. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    I jumped to chapter 31

So Irene was running from one place directly to Noel's place (the grand duke's estate). Apparently, Noel had sent her a gift (a dress), she felt burdened but Noel told her not to feel like that. Noel was looking at Irene with a smile before asking what was in her hand. It was a ring in a box. It was a gift for Noel (if i understand the mtl) and also an invitation for him to join her to go for an exhibition (think it is a couple ring). Irene told him that he could say no, but Noel then asked her what does she want (whether he accept it or not).

Irene told him that she wanted to wear a ring like Noel (I guess couple ring), so Noel agreed to wear it and wanted to wear it but Irene said that she going to do that for him. Irene was nervous as she put on the ring, afraid that it won't fit but when it sat just right on Noel's finger she smiled all proud at Noel. But when she looked up she realized how close their faces were, she notices that they seemed to be breathing the same air and if she opened her mouth her breath will reach him and if she blinks her eyelashes might hit him. Irene thought her heart might explode and she will die.

Irene thought that Noel has beautiful eyes.

Then Noel asked Irene for her hand. He put on the ring while saying, "because Irene said she wanted to wear the same ring as I, so she should wear it.". Irene tensed when she felt his touch. Noel looked up at her and said, "Fortunately, it fits well." and that moment Irene thought that he was the most beautiful person.

Then we switched location, apparently, since Irene had left the Chase household, Riel kept having difficulty of breathing many times. It was because there was no one to take care of the situation properly (it used to be Irene's job). The maids at first felt sorry but as time went by the sympathy was replaced with annoyance because it was troublesome and cumbersome. Riel told the maid that she doesn't need help and that she can go back to her room alone. Riel was complaining in her mind that she found the whole situation to be annoying because she has a weak body. One of the maid said how they miss Irene once Riel turned to the corner.

The maids start to gossip about how Riel's personality and condition changed. They said how it was getting worse and they mentioned Irene left looking for a new one (probably freedom) and that they envy her before saying that they miss her (again).

Riel heard the gossip and complained about why she should be treated like that. It was hard for her because her body was weak and that she can't do anything. All her anger is aimed toward Irene. Riel thought that everything was Irene's fault and that she is ruining her life.

Riel then turned back around toward the maids and asked about whether there are any letter for the day.

well from that chapter... I honestly can say that Riel really feel that she is entitled to everything. I can believe she is blaming Irene

20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! So Riel isn't COMPLETELY faking it. Well, sucks to be you and to your parents (and probably the maids too if they used to treat Irene terribly before as well). I'm so happy for the ship! I know they have to deal with MLs issues too but its really nice that they're only engaged but he's so respectful of her! A very great trait for a man!