Spoiler The Kind Older Sister Is No More

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 4, 2020.

1. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is really decent. I really can't wait for the whole translation to actually see their development but until then I'm just going to roam kakaopage and open one chapter randomly to see what's happening

Priar, bigredqueen, babayagu and 8 others like this.
  2. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers @mattomatto ! we want moreee~~:aww:

Now Irene is not in the house, everyone realizes how good she is. I'm glad that she left.:blobhighfive:
    And good to know that we have decent ML here:blobmelt:

3. alchemisthuntress

alchemisthuntress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg bless your soul for giving all these spoilers :bloblove:

anyways reading this novel kind of reminds me of my sisters friend, she experience the same treatment like Irene. First born but minus the sick little sister. She has to take care of her younger siblings while constantly being compared to them to the point where her younger sibling started to bully her? idk man this kind of thing actually happened and it's really sick. Anyone else also have a friend/someone you know experiencing like Irene?

4. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    @mattomatto Thank you for all the spoilers! I checked on Ridibooks and they have all 4 volumes: https://ridibooks.com/books/2901001963
    I'll try and see if the international payment goes without a hitch. I'm curious what will happen to Reil seeing that she's sick (no bs) but has a bs personality.

Priar, samster, MapItOut and 3 others like this.
  5. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh! Thank you if you manage to do that and able to share the raw please tell me :aww::aww::aww:
    I really want to know what is Riel's angle in this whole scheme of things and whether there will be a proper villain in the story

6. BigMama24

BigMama24 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. Hopefully someone could help me here. I bought & downloaded all 4 volumes from Ridibooks but have no idea how to translate it. I would love to share the raw with anyone that could also help me get it translated. And I don't need a perfect translation. Auto translating (MTL) is fine by me to. =)

7. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Well with ridibooks it is a bit complicated, you need to try to turn it into epub first.

The other method is by taking picture of each page with phone then you can try to OCR each page (if with pdf file you can do it using google docs).

Or you can use either google apps on tbe phone or papago apps and use the cam scanner to mtl the page.

@Needyneedle is looking at how to extract it so try asking them for it!

Rin Lee, bochucha, MapItOut and 2 others like this.
  8. BigMama24

BigMama24 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting..I downloaded the ridibooks app on my laptop. I probably should download it on my phone..
    Once I get it translated I will definitely post the spoilers up for everyone.

Misa_Misa, AnnHime, MapItOut and 4 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 38 --- spoiler

It seems from the previous chapter, Noel heard the rumor about how Irene was mean during her school day and he went directly to Irene to calm her. Irene found that he was very sweet about it. But then Irene started thinking whether she was showing too many emotions to Noel that he could notice that, she thinks that because they are in contractual relationship she should not show too much personal emotions. She acknowledged that she has shown so much of her emotions to Noel, but she is afraid that if it going to continue it will only be a burden. She still not comfortable with the comfort / attention / care that Noel was showing to her, so she thought to be careful from now on.

Irene then told Noel that she would be careful from now on, especially regarding rumor / image, remembering their contractual relationship. This caused Noel to frown and look a bit cold Irene asked whether something was troubling him but Noel told her that it was nothing.

Noel then proceed to act normal, but he was in turmoil. He didn't like it when Irene mentioned the contract relationship. Noel looked at Irene with puppies eyes, all gentle eyes. It made Irene embarrassed when he looked at her like that and it made Noel feel bad that he caused her to feel uncomfortable.

Noel then proceed to tell Irene about a ball and that Count Chase (her father) will attend it, he asked whether she is alright with. Irene didn't like it but she said that it can't be help so she really had no choice. Irene told him that she will try not to panic (it seems that she starts developing panic attack seeing her father ??). Noel caught her clenched hand and led her to sit down. He offered coffee as they are going to have a long conversation (they are in Noel's office).

Irene's impression of the office. It's cool. Neatly tidy.

Apparently, the ball/banquet was a party to celebrate the anniversary of Great Kristan (Noel family) but for them it is to announce their wedding and Noel was the one that arranged everything, so he was a bit busy. Irene thought about how she was the only one that didn't do anything.

Noel asked what she was thinking about when he returned but she didn't tell him. Irene learnt that Noel has a sweet tooth, because the coffee is very sweet (Noel has a tastebud of a child). Irene realized that she can't judge his appearance but it was still a surprise to learn that. Irene like the idea that she can learn something new about Noel, it made her feel closer to him and at the thought, her heart ithced a bit.

They proceed to discuss the banquet. Like the time and that they will enter the banquet together. Irene asked why they need to and Noel told her that it was to gain attention for certain people, especially as they are going to announce their wedding ceremony. Irene didn't really understand but she trusted Noel.

There are only three people that know about their plan to get married and Noel asked her opinion about announcing the wedding in the banquet as he is not sure of the current Duke's (his grandfather) reaction. Irene didn't know when or will something happen, so she should be alert (I'm not really sure about this part---- did Irene turn back time?? I don't remember reading that part.... someone help me:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:).

Noel was waiting for her permission but Irene was worried about him. Noel told her that he is okay and because of Irene he had the courage and he will be responsible for it.

Irene was confused why she could give him courage and Noel told her that her decision to break apart with her family encourage him to be brave as well. Irene never thought of it as courage. it was just a house that she had to get away from.

Noel then told her that she should not be worried about dress, he will prepare it and call professional designers. Irene wanted to object but Noel told her that he should do that to be a great man. It was his job, after all Irene is helping him so it just natural for him to handle that. Noel added that he has more money than Irene thought so she should not be worried.

nothing juicy or groundbreaking in this chapter, but i like seeing them interacting like this. Noel is very respectful of Irene and we can see how Irene is still very guarded but she likes the idea getting close to irene.

Anyway, wordexcerpt update two chapters today which is basically just chapter 2 based on the raw!

I really want to know about their contract and Irene didn't do any time travel right???

anyway read that chapter 3&4 in wordexcerpt (which is essentially chapter 2).

IRENE ACTUALLY SNAPPED! I mean she really snapped after seeing Boris
    (her fiancee) getting all cozy with Riel. She got angry at Boris and then Riel collapsed on the floor and it was Boris who was helping her. Irene didn't move to help her (when usually she did that).

Riel called her but Irene told her not to call her name ever again, because she is no longer her sister. Then Irene proceed to kick Boris out of the house.

Riel's room has this special bell. If it pressed everyone even Irene will be alert that something happen. so Irene never really able to rest properly. One day, Irene was painting and she didn't hear the sound. Since then she was banned to paint (seriously what's wrong with this family).

anyway---- Irene called the butler and asked to have her room changed to the third floor, the butler thought it was because Riel changed her room (Riel very often change her room and Irene always have to follow her). The butler wasn't really sure and Irene snapped at him again for questioning her decision. After that, she went to the study to take some paper that she had made and decided that from that on she is living for herself.

After she went to her new room and cleaned it. Irene opened her door, planned to call the maid for dinner, only to receive a slap from her mother. The mother called her b*tch.

Apparently, Boris told what happen earlier and blamed Irene for saying those bad things that cause Riel to collapse.

Irene: Why is it my fault? It's not my fault that Riel's sick!
    Mom: what? She's not a stranger! She's your sister!
    Irene: Why? Just because we share the same parent? Why can't she sacrifice anything for me? I already gave up everything!
    Mom: why are you still throwing tantrum? You're already an adult and should act like it. why do you think Riel has everything? Riel's body is---
    Irene: it's because she's weak and we don't know she'll collapse. however, mom, did you know that I've thought a few times that i would rather be the sick one instead of Riel? It isn't because i pity Riel's condition, but it's because I'm jealous of her, i resent myself for being heathy.
    Mom: Irene!
    Irene: That's why I'm going to leave her and live my own life, is it wrong for me to do that
    Mom: Riel is your sister!
    Irene: I'm also your own daughter. I was also a person before i was Riel's older sister

The mother then said that she understood Irene and Irene relaxed a bit, smiling, glad that she understood but then...

Mom: I understand. however, can you please go back to Riel's side for now? Riel's alone right now, even though she's stable, I'm still worried and scared that she will collapse again. Since you're a good daughter who has never worried me, you understand my feelings? Right?

Irene wanted to cry when she heard that and realized that there's no hope

I'M SORRY I WANT TO SLAP THE MOTHER LIKE AHDASHDSJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
    chamchaworld, Dofu, Lumaera and 111 others like this.
  10. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont want to hear about all these sad parts :( i cant handle it... please someone spoil her getting revenge or something

Britney123 and MapItOut like this.
  11. eagerreadergirl

eagerreadergirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for all the amazing spoilers, @mattomatto! Really appreciate all your hard work in helping us keep up with this story!

And honestly, what's so great about this story is that it really nails down the dynamics of healthy/sick sibling relationships, where the healthy sibling gets neglected because of the sick one -- and even worse, is often asked to the caretaker of the sick child, which leads the healthy sibling to suffer but get no sympathy for it.

I love love love the fact that Irene is strong-willed enough to get out of this situation, that Riel and the rest of that sh#tty family is realizing how much unpaid for labor Irene did all these years (even if those b@stards no doubt want her to come crawling back), and that Noel is such an awesome ML who truly understands, respects, and is slowly falling for Irene on account of her strength and resilience.

This is SUCH a good story... I can't wait to learn more about it!

12. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    The only workaround I found is to take a picture using Google translate app on your phone. It's pretty much difficult to remove DRM format books. It's just their way of ensuring that stories are not easily passed around on the internet. Just to let you know that the chapter and paging are quite different on Ridibooks vs. Kakaopage too. I will be basing what @mattomatto has currently shared as soon as I get the chance to finish the book! Good luck and rip to us translating! :blobjoy:

MapItOut and rock.doll like this.
  13. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Will jump more further tonight and see if we get something. I don't think Irene plan to take revenge based on the second chapter, but who knows what Riel planned on doing (and I can bet Noel will retaliate somehow).

It is such a fresh take I guess in KR novel to see such polar opposite relationship dynamics. One is very healthy and the other just downright abusive. It is also that we only introduced to ML after Irene made up her mind to get away and the ML wasn't there to be saving her (like the type damsel in distress kind of way). Irene got out on her own and ML just there to support her.

I really like the way the author wrote ML (even from couple of chapters I mtl), he is a well rounded character and very decent.

Paris_Eve, macrhh, cutynight and 13 others like this.
  14. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Noel is the Blacksheep of the house. He was called a genius but people from the family and others questioned about his lineage. The first step for Noel to be acknowledge by his grandfather as successor (candidate) is if he's married (although he is already titled as grand prince). Apparently, the whole country know the rumor that he won't inherit the title

She needed to get out of the house (only able to do that if she's married) and she needed to get out of her engagement with Boris (seriously when i read the name UK PM popped up)

Irene never see Noel before so she first saw him in a banquet and called him handsome in her mind. Noel was in a middle of argument with a drunk mad (the man hit him first but then got angry at Noel). He was asked by Tom (his aide i believe) to attend the banquet to find a bride, he wasn't really keen on doing that. He thinks the banquet just filled with animal (all rowdy) and crowded (he didn't like it).

Noel just ended up apologizing to the man who was expecting a fight. Irene's friend found the whole thing to be no fun (people was expecting a muddy fight to watch on). Irene found the idea that someone take pleasure from other misfortune is disgusting, so she moved away from her friends.

As Irene pulled away, she spotted Noel standing alone. She couldn't help but find herself in Noel's current situation. Alone after being humiliated in public like that. She wondered whether he can help her and if she can help him too. Then Irene decided to follow Noel out of the hall to the garden. She was determined to talk to him. They met in the middle of the garden of lilies and roses, underneath the moonlight (can you imagine this scene being drawn?!)

Irene was speechless and Noel said that he will leave her alone (he thought he was intruding of her alone time). Irene told him not to leave, holding on his sleeve tightly and Noel was just asking what's wrong with her. The next moment Irene said that maybe she can helo him. Both of them are surprised with what she said. Noel thought she was drunk and Irene repeated again that she might help him.

Noel then told her that he won't run away so she can let go of his sleeve. Irene then told him that he should hear him and Noel agreed

Irene told Noel that she was looking for someone that can get her out of the house. She told him that she is having a bit of a problem because she is engaged. Noel then quickly understood that she wanted to marry him (because Noel need to get marry to inherit the title). Noel told her that it was reckless and told her that she must wanted a loving marriage. Irene said that she doesn't need love which made Noel curious why she said that. Irene told him that she doesn't need love, she doesn't need the power or be his mistress. She just need the marriage only.

For Irene she didn't want to love again after being betrayed by Boris. She is tired. She no longer care about heterosexual love or family love. Noel somewhat can understand that she had a hard time, just from the look on her eyes. Irene said, "We may able to save each other."

When Noel heard Irene he said, "A salvation for each other, that's pretty romantic." Then he proceeds asking Irene how could he trust her. Noel was accessing her, wondering if she was sent by the other party (his cousin). However, he concluded that if the enemy want to send a spy they would send more of a 'perfect' woman.

Noel told her that he has a lot of enemy so he can't help but be suspicious of her that suddenly show up and asked for his hand of marriage (finally a smart and decent ML).

After that Irene began to introduce herself, like her name, her family, that she loves painting. Noel asked what is she doing, but Irene ignored him and continued with her words. She told him that she is not joking and he can investigate her if he wants. Noel then asked is there any reason to do so (think about her insisting of marriage).

Irene told him she didn't want to make the same mistake again. Noel who was looking at Irene could tell that she was sincere. However, Noel didn't give any answer and left. Irene didn't chase him and thought that at least he didn't outright reject him, now the choice is in Noel's hand

Remember in the previous spoiler I mentioned about Irene's only valuable thing is her painting? Well she sold it to gain some money on her own. The merchant praised the painter without knowing it was Irene. It only sold for 12 gold (which amount for 2 weeks of living for common people), but Irene felt proud that she able to gain money on her own. For her it was her first step to independence

Irene came back home and met Riel on the stairs. Irene told her to move because she was tired and Riel said how her sister changed.

Riel then said, "Are you still mad about Boris? But sister, think the other away around. You should be glad to know the true appearance of a man who is looking at the sister's fiancee or else you married him without knowing about it. Don't you have to thank me? Why are you angry? If you stay away from me I can't stand it. whenever my sister ignores it, my heart throbs and i feel suffocated as if I'm going to d--."

Irene cut her off and told her not to use her body (condition) as weapon. Irene told her that if she didn't see Boris and her kissing, then yes she would never know about Boris real identity but it was her problem. She told her not to ask her to thank Riel for the whole thing, she didn't appreciate it.

Noel sent a letter to Irene (he didn't write the sender). The maids were surprised to see a letter addressed to Irene. Then Riel showed up, she told the maid that she will handed the letter to Irene herself, but the maid wasn't quite sure. Then Riel pulled the pitiful act, saying how she wanted to make up with her sister and this could be the way. The maid handed the letter and Riel went back to her room, opening up the letter for herself.

The letter is a meeting time and place, wasn't really specified, but it made Riel angry.

The next moment we saw that Noel was waiting for Irene and went the guest came it was Riel. Riel told him that Irene can't come so she came in her stead.

Noel who already did full investigation on Irene, knew who Riel is. Noel immediately didn't like her, because Riel just trying very hard to impress and win his affection. Then Noel remembered that Irene said she wanted to use the marriage to get out of the house. Noel wondered what's actually happening. He quickly thought that perhaps Irene didn't get his letter, because otherwise she would be here.

Riel then told him to come inside because her parents are waiting but Noel didn't move. Noel quickly deduced that Irene would never tell her family about him and he started to have image on how Irene was treated in the house).

Riel then have this 'private meeting', where she is praising Noel and at the same time telling sobs story. She even threw Irene under the bus by saying how Irene always been busy, it was hard for her to have time with Irene, it was always Riel that chase after Irene. Noel wasn't listening (he was already fed up with her).

Riel then informed her parents (well the countess) that they have the grand prince coming in (i guess this explain the whole mess that is chapter 20 & 21).

Once sat down with tea, Noel was asking about where is Irene but the countess started to talk about Riel. It really turned into woe is me, Riel edition. Noel just watched things.

Riel told him how she was lonely, she didn't have friends, she always sick. Then her mother just like, 'oh my poor baby'. The more the family talk, the more Noel's face hardened.

Noel cut the whole chattered and said, that he talked to the family's maid earlier. The count who didn't know what he was talking about was confused while Riel became uneasy.

Noel said that when he asked the maid about Irene they didn't know anything about her, not even about her food or where she is right now, but when asked about Riel they know everything as if it's only Riel in the house.

Noel then continued about how average people will prefer the active/healthy sister rather than the sick one. The count got angry at his remark but then stopped when he saw Noel's cold gaze. Noel then asked, "Is she really the daughter of this house?"

During that meeting for previous spoiler, Irene heard Noel when he asked the question (because she was looking for Riel for stealing her letter).

Noel: How come you only have praises for one children and not the other
    Parent: Because there's nothing to say about the other child
    Noel: In normal household you would always have something to say about all your children. How can you do that and call it family? If you give birth, you are a parent and a sister because you share the same blood."
    Parent: w-what are you---
    Noel" if you can't make her happy at least don't hurt her, because she has feelings

I'M SORRY CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A NOEL FOR MY LIFE. I MEAN THIS GUY ALREADY KNOW SOMETHING FISHY SINCE THE MOMENT HE SAW RIEL! THEN HE INVESTIGATES! THEN HE ASKED QUESTION AROUND THEN HE CALLED OUT THE SH#TTY PARENTS OUT!

LIKE WHEW. IM HOT AND BOTHERED FOR SUCH MAN

EDIT:
    After calling out the parents, Noel came out of the reception room, found Irene who was standing there. Irene was trying hard not to cry, because as she listened to Noel, she realized that she had endured such hard life for 20 years and she had always held herself back from crying.

Noel upon seeing that, pulled her into a hug and told her that she can cry. His big hand patted slowly on her back. He then said, "You have been working hard alone so far, Irene.

Irene then burst into tears for the first time in years (because the last time she did it, her parents scolded her)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
  15. Balmik

Balmik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling Riel would rather have MC chained up in their house so could never leave. I don't think she wants what MC has. (besides a healthy body) I think she doesn't want anyone to take the MC away from her.

Asya.M, Paris_Eve, Meleee and 9 others like this.
  16. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    That remained to be seen. I mean the spoilers I posted are from early chapters (8-11ish). I really don't know Riel's angle, like what is her motivation, i know for sure that she is really sick (i mean after MC had gone she still had her sickness). I don't know why she is so angry at MC (both for receiving the letter and for leaving away). I don't know why she threw MC under the bus (many times), twice with Noel and also with the friends from school. I just know that Riel is not genuine..

Will post more after phone finish charging up (and i want to nap :blobsleeping:)

macrhh, bigredqueen, samster and 6 others like this.
  17. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mattomatto reading your spoilers I have a thought about the family
    If little sis's illness is as serious as she seems to be making it out to be, then it should make her pretty much unable to get married since nobles marry to produce the next generation, not for love and if she is that sick then she is likely to die in pregnancy, or childbirth at best. Plus they would be to afraid of her passing on her illness.

if that is the case, saying that there is nothing to say about the MC makes no sense, since she is pretty much the only one who can continue the line, and the only one who can be married off for political connections. Sis's prospects are concubine at best, not wife.

Simply put if they know he needs a wife, then they should also know that little sis is not healthy enough to meet his requirements, and as such braging about little sis is purely a waste of their time. But MC is healthy enough that they should be considering using her to make a better connection for themselves.

The odds of a gain for the family are vastly better talking up the MC, but they are doing nothing of the sort.

So they are being REALLY idiotic focusing entirely on 1 daughter, since even if she needs more, the odds of her preserving the family line are to small so they should realize that they need the nurture both girls. As even if they have a marriage arrangement they need to be able to upsell her if anything happens, us not being able to say anything positive about the MC could be used as a reason to break the engagement claiming she has jo merit as a wife.

18. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh agree so much, I really don't know what's happening in the parent's mind when they did those things, I understand you want to cherish the daughter that ill, but just like you said to completely neglect the other and can't seem to have any good thing for the healthy one is just... absurd.

19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus if they have the money for servants, and the presence of maids says that is a yes, then the heavy daughter having to give up her entire life for the littls sis makes 0 sense.

If she is that ill, then even in school she's hold have a caretaker that is not her sister.

layyu, Elren, Reeka98 and 4 others like this.
  20. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, it doesn't make sense. but as Asian who lived in kind of family dynamics, I kinda get it.
    in some families, it's a dysfunctional family trait. and in many cases, it's a symptom of favoritism.
    I am theorizing but maybe the parents also show their favoritism towards their younger daughter by forcing a sort of equality - younger sis doesn't have a healthy body but the older sib has. So, older sib should take care of her to make things 'fair'. Parents will just excuse as 'it's your responsibility' or 'don't feel bad for your sis?' talk.
    At worst, the parents are being really manipulative, and dare I say, narcissist.

I have seen friends who are older sibs who basically are the breadwinners of their family and still the source of money for their younger sibs even if the latter are already married and with children. Thye ended up single because they don't have time, money, and space for themselves.

Arryetty, Dofu, ghiel25 and 26 others like this.