LCD The King of the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, May 17, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see it as an act of desperation or willpower, I just can't really see it as an act of strong will. A display of strong will would be "I'm going to get everyone out of this alive," "No one will die if I have anything to say about it," etc.

If you look at the line where they're mentioned, it singles out skill based stats as the ones that get nullified. So I think equipment boosts would stay.

I don't think physically oriented people would be defenseless, they'd still have their equipment after all, regardless of whether or not it granted stats. The main advantage she would have is that she wouldn't lose any stats period and she wouldn't have to worry about whatever strange skills her opponents might have. Unless one of them was to ignore anti-magic fields.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like semantics.

Hmm. Looking at it again seems like you're right.

Didn't MC guy say that a large part of people's power comes from their equipment later on and that's going to stop her from reaching top tier?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Equipment and skills. I don't think he said it would stop her from reaching top tier, just that she would have to work harder than they did. Having an anti-magic field, or maybe some curse type powers, would let her close that gap. Assuming that she worked hard and really made use of her enhanced stat gain, then the gap might not even exist and the field/curses would actually create a gap going the other way. Plus, she'll probably pick up some other powers from her class later on that have good synergy with this strategy.

4. xRift

xRift Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been a fantastic read so far, can anyone recommend something similar that isn't Reincarnator? I stopped reading Reincarnator around Ch.80 just cause the story ended up becoming far more complicated than it should've been.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll hang onto the corpses of the judges or if he'll just absorb their souls? They make fairly strong undead, but keeping them around is super risky.

Well, if you're wanting a "reincarnated into his younger self" story that doesn't require much in the way of thought, you could try TDG. I kinda hated the MC though.

6. xRift

xRift Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, dropped TDG around chapter 100 something myself, I was thinking something along the lines of the reincarnated from failed attempt at saving humanity sort. Lots of reincarnation novels out there and there were quite a few I wanted to like so bad but I could never really get into because the grammar was subpar :/.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhanxian might work for you, its not so much saving the world as it is saving himself and everyone he ever cared about though.

Might also try Mother of Learning. Not really a reincarnation story and there's a strong element of mystery that may make you feel that the plot is too complex, but its well written and the consequences of failure from the MC are likely catastrophic on the order of Ragnarok or similar warring deity induced apocalypses.

Honestly, there's not many good reincarnation-into-self stories out there (that I've found). Most just turn into something like TDG.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect that his dad will be extremely happy. I wonder how long that happiness will last?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, did he eat the Prince's non-Avenger ghouls or something? There's no mention of what happened to them to make room for a full 30 assassins. Unless Fire Dragon Woo managed to kill everyone other than the Prince?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcing himself to his enemy like that just doesn't strike me as very bright. The less aware he is of danger, the easier it would be to kill him.

11. StampedingSquirrel

StampedingSquirrel Unstoppable Sciuridae

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, it wasn't a smart move... btw, I logged in to answer just because I was feeling sorry for you, as you have been pretty much discussing this novel by yourself, even though I also like it.
    I was also wondering what did he do to the other ghouls, because there has been no indication that he has eaten them or that his stats have gone up. Also, how has he put the bodies of the assassins on fire? That was just glossed over, making it quite confusing...

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't see it as being too much different between announcing himself or not. He's already shown that he knows quite a bit about the Forest of Death so the dude would already be on high alert. Maybe announcing that he's coming for him will put Wung on the defensive.
    Out of all the skills he's shown you're surprised that he knows how to make a fire?

Maybe he unbound the other ghouls and made some new talismans.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Suzy will join the new guild.
    And I appreciate it ;)

Yeah, I was a bit bothered by that too, but I just decided to ignore it as a low level skill with little to no combat potential that he picked up but the author didn't mention.
    The less your enemy knows, the better. Also, announcing that he knew the guy's name is going to make him feel even more anxious and get him to respond much more violently than he otherwise would have. The MC is strong for a beginner, but he's no where close to being able to take on the truly strong.

Unbinding the ghouls and making new talismans just seems like a waste of time really. They're far too weak now to be of any use.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Suzy will probably try to stick with her father. Her father's only option will probably be to join that guild.

It doesn't really matter. There are a lot of high level people already looking for him. One more isn't gonna make a difference. Nobody knows who he is and they're not gonna find out until he's strong enough to protect himself. He's pretty much gonna bug out as soon as he gets the skill from here anyway.

He's a Necromancer. Extra undead for the hoard are never useless. They can also be possessed by him and/or used as scouts since he can see through them. Plus it's been shown that his undead can get stronger under certain circumstances. Once his Art of Death skill levels up a few more times they may evolve again.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't need to be whatever guild reached out to them. They could join the guild of the future hero.

I just don't see the point in taking the risk. I understand the emotional impulse to do so, but its not a very sensible thing to do.

Their art scores were fairly low and their stories nearly non-existent, leveling them up probably wouldn't be a good use of his time. He'd be better off just hunting stronger monsters and raising them instead.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I'm saying. Since her father is armless he'll probably only be accepted into the hero guy's guild which means Suzy would probably join too.

It's not really a risk though. Wung can't go into the city at will. He only had permission to act for a single night. He's very unlikely to link Muyoung's actions with a beginner. He's probably thinking it's someone who's been around for quite a while that's pissed at him. He's probably gonna be more concerned about who he pissed off that knows so much about him than going after rookies. When you add that to Muyoung getting ready to leave the area it's not a risky thing. In a way you can say that he made himself even safer and is less at risk.

They could automatically evolve once his skill level increases enough. Plus like I said they can go into the hoard or can be used to scout.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then I'll reiterate that he was already invited into whatever guild recruited Suzy, otherwise, there wouldn't have been a point in putting the Indicator on him. It was pointed out to me that I had misread that section. Still, any group that took Suzy in, would have to take her dad as a package deal. She wouldn't even be considering their offer otherwise.

I disagree, especially since he had to stick around town for several days waiting to be allowed into the library. His appearance in full armor is well known among the noobs thanks to the Fire Dragon Woo incident and Wung and his people are only forbidden from entering as assassins. They can go in as normal people in broad daylight without any real difficulty and he likely has spies or informants in most, if not all of the major guilds and clans anyway.

I'm pretty sure that it was talking about the Prince and his Ghouls specifically, but I could have misunderstood. That aside, such weak monsters wouldn't make very good scouts in the areas he's likely to go to after he leaves town. I suppose he could use them as cannon fodder scouts. Just toss them out and wait for one to die to whatever he's looking for, but that seems very wasteful when he could just eat them, make himself stronger and then half-kill and animate something that's much higher level and more specialized to scouting or whatever.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, her 6th sense will probably help here as well.

I'm under the impression that he put on his armor to kill Fire Dragon Woo and then took it off afterwards. I highly doubt he walked around the rest of the trial wearing it when he was trying to hide. Especially since he didn't do much if any direct fighting in front of the masses. The only people who should have seen him in all of his armor and lived are the people from his temple. I doubt Wung is located close enough to reach the city in a few days. I have the impression that The Forest of Death is out of the way.

Well, he didn't have the Prince when the undead first evolved. That was when they went from zombies to ghouls. I think he can share the senses of his undead. If so then he can set up something of a net. Have them hide in trees or something and he'll know if they walk past. Anyway I'm not sure they're a high enough level to eat.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you're probably right about the armor. Still, it just seems like a pointless risk to me. Information is power and the less you give your enemies the better. Also, Wung doesn't actually need to come to town. Everyone of any importance in that town has a strong tie to him after all.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the most recent upgrade from adding all the Avengers as the Prince's minions. Though, even if he can rank up his undead, there's a major difference between ranking up something with average stats of 100+ and something with average stats of 60 or less. The starting point matters, especially from an efficiency viewpoint. Plus, if he wants to increase his skill to upgrade his undead, he's going to have to create new undead which will almost certainly be much better than those ghouls.

I got the impression that he has to focus on a specific undead in order to see through its eyes or control its body. I don't think he could really use them as a net.

Was there a restriction on which undead he could eat? I didn't think there was.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The information given out to his enemy wasn't anything that could be used to find him. Unless you're saying that he shouldn't have gone after the last 30 assassins. In fact it would misdirect the Wung into thinking that he's a veteran.

I was talking about undead upgrades in general. We've seen that one of the ways to increase his Art of Death skill is for his undead to kill things. Since that's the case more undead in the hoard is never bad. Besides there's no reason he can't use alter the ghouls into some new undead thing in the future.

The undead can send up a signal if they see the target.

The restriction was that they have to have gotten a certain art score. Like 60 I think.