LCD The King of the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, May 17, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm not sure that he should have. He burned a valuable piece of intel for minimal gain, but I was talking about when he called the guy by name. Honestly, I don't think anything will come of it since he's the MC, but that doesn't make it a good or risk free decision.

Ah, right. Totally forgot. Yeah, better to use them as fodder or spare parts than throw them away then.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what you mean by minimal gain. He killed 1/5 of Wung's forces. It might even stop him from kidnapping people for a few months in the future. It's also not really a direct risk to the MC. It's just risky in the sense that Wung will be more prepared when he comes for him.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not even 1/5 though. Its only 3/50 since he'd already killed the other 70. And Wung being more prepared is a direct risk to the MC. The less prepared the guy is, the safer he feels, the easier it is to kill him. Even at the height of the MC's power in his last life, he was only able to kill him by trading his own life, and that was when Wung wasn't expecting it.

4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't there 500 total assassins? He killed the weakest hundred. I think in his past life he directly attacked the entire Forest of Death by himself. This time he will have OP classes, OP gear, and minions to even the score. He also has the horse.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, which is why ambushing him there only amounted to 3/50 of his force. He had already killed 70 of them, the remaining 30 were fleeing through the secret escape tunnel.

Its unknown if he'll still have the horse at that point. Its also unknown if he'll be able to control when he meets Wung now. And when he attacked before he had the element of surprise and started out within the enemy stronghold. For all we know, he poisoned the majority of them at meal time and then mopped up the stragglers.

I'm not saying he won't win. He obviously will. I'm just saying that this was a pointless risk with uncertain rewards that were unlikely to counterbalance it.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that 3/50 is still quite a lot of disposable people for kidnapping.

He said that killing Wung was at the top of his to do list so it's highly likely that he'll still have the horse when he decides to wipe them out. There's pretty much no chance of Wung finding him within the week or so time period that he'll be in the city. Let's not forget the every major guild in the city is already looking for him and can't find him.

The majority of them still leaves quite a few to jump on him at a time. Unless Wung, who's not suppose to exist, invites a bunch of high level people to come protect him there's not much he can do to prepare. What is he going to assume that his opponent knows literally everything about him and act according to that? That's useless. The MC was more or less weak last time because of his lack of a hidden class and relied on assassination to kill high level people. He's already gotten a unique class that covers his bases and he can learn three more.

The thing is that the risk itself isn't really a risk. It's pretty much just letting Wung know that he exist and is coming for him. By the time he goes after him it will be when he's sure to win. The MC even has a failsafe in case of failing.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its safe to say that we disagree and that neither of us is convincing the other, so lets just drop it.

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    lol but then what am I going to do with the rest of my day?

jacobpaige likes this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect his rival will be much harder for the MC and/or his allies to deal with than he will be.

11. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having no leads or intel except that you know someone knows who you are (when you have been extremely careful to hide your presence) and that they are coming to kill you (when you are most concerned about survival) and they've already ambushed your men on a path only you knew about. I think this could cause you to believe there's a leak in your own organization, maybe someone's brain wasn't quite so washed; that theres an alternate secret organization other than yours that's even more secretive that knows about you; or that some powerful group got a skill that let's them see through your information and plans.

I think theres literally 0 possibility the dude will consider an assassin who killed him 40 years in the future has had time reset and is coming for revenge. This will make him feel far less secure and paranoid with his name and organizational information potentially exposed and make him much more defensive. This will cause his organization to have less freedom to operate and be willing to take less chances that could potentially increase its influence or that could kill off heroes. The leader could easily fall prey to paranoia and stress, and could easily impact his judgement making abilities and lead to faulty assumptions.

I believe this is a well planned psychological strike that could pay off quite handsomely, although I kinda doubt the author will consider any of this or make it part of the plot since it would weaken the main villain to the mc besides the demon gods.

kainee and myoniyoni like this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So what would have happened if he didn't have that item? Would he have gone to that room, but gotten nothing for his trouble?

Since he gets two skills, I wonder if his second one will be a travel skill like teleportation. It sounds rare enough to be in the last room and is practically guaranteed to be useful.

13. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    A badass and a loli

14. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to pick up a secret class from this? Like lord asura? That would be pretty fitting considering what he is planning to do.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder. That seems like a warrior class. He wanted a warrior class, a magic class, a priest class, and an assassin class. I was kind of thinking that the Gremory's commander questline would give him his warrior class.

16. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    DAmn, reincarnator and KOTB is truly goooood!!
    Reincarnator = Saving Humanity
    KOTB = YOLO (you only live once) so he wanted to live his life to the fullest by utilizing all his knowledge and vengeance to the leader of the assassins.

17. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me also add...

Reincarnator MC = 7 limited skills but those 7 can be evolved to the fullest type of skill like his past skill of lizard regeneration that turned into dragon regeneration.

KOTB MC = 4 slots for classes (in the past he was warrior, mage, thief and priest classes at the same time)

kainee and BlackBlade like this.
  18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    KOTB MC is also trying to save humanity.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the Hellhorse ;)

Well, he's probably the best master she could hope for. He's insane, but he's strong and he's not likely to lie to her in any meaningful way or someone who would hurt her if he thought she might surpass him. Heck, he'd probably dance for joy at the thought and encourage her to challenge him regularly ;)

myoniyoni and taba1212 like this.
  20. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    well he could be.. but it's secondary objective or more likely a side quest.. his main was to kill the leader of assasin, then live life to the fullest since he didn't got that chance in the past...