Discussion The King's Avatar Anime sucks - fite me

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by FatalStrings, Jun 2, 2017.

1. FatalStrings

FatalStrings Admiral: Third Celestial Armada

Reading List:
    Link
    this thing was hyped up as "Chinese SAO but better" or "its like SAO + log horizon" or some other high praises.

so I tried watching it ep 1-2, looks fine, the motivations are set up.

after episode 3 i started questioning wtf is so good in this thing, I was promised Better Log Horizon and Im not seeing that shit.

by episode 7, I'm furious. this is flaccid SAO. Say what you want about SAO but at least that has production value.
    in TKA I'm already seeing reused animation by episode 3. the 3d models look like shit.

my biggest complaint about SAO is that the game mechanics doesn't make sense, but at least they have the excuse of "its was a new game tampered by a maniac prior to release" but in TKA they dont have that leeway, its actually worse here, as apparently "Glory" is an e-sport. you expect that the game mechanics are well defined and sensible as to not look like the main character is ass pulling his way to victory.

you might say "you just dont get it man, grim has huge APM... of course he will win"

let me tell you why thats bullshit.
    - it doesnt matter how fast you place input on a keyboard if all your skills are in cool down.
    - all attack animation, movement, anything has fixed duration
    - light speed APM can be achieved using keyboard macro. you might argue that its cheating, but remember the story is set in china and if you seriously think there are no MMO cheaters in china, go fuck yourself.

the main grim might be a more solid character than kirito, but he has all of the things kirito has that piss me off, in some instances he is actually more of a gamer jesus that kirito.

to top it all off there is nothing at stake here. no grand conspiracy, no lives at stake (if lives do become at stake then the story just became x10 dumber) just a guy playing video games for bragging rights and to spite his previous employer.

why is this anime hyped up? in general why is Chinese knock offs being praised while the Japanese counterpart gets panned even though they are just as shitty as the other one

2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coz its china, and its semi original.

also have you read the novel, the thing reads like a vr game but its desktop based game. so fans of it aren't as concerned with these plot holes. as there already exist such a massive hole, that it makes all other plot holes about the gaming mechanics in the novel pale in comparasion

3. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not like sao, its actually good.
    whoever made that comparison is trolling...

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffft

Dusk likes this.
  5. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all the mc is a adult so he is more mature
    And at least he doesn't have a harem.
    He is more of a gamer than kirito because he fucking plays games for a living
    Besides how the fuck do you understand how glory works
    It could be an advanced game
    And last but not least you spelled fight wrong in the title

6. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
    It's similar to how hyped cultivation novels... to me they're just dragon ball in disguised

7. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand, I am not fan of vr games, mmorpg, or any other game elements novels but I watch it just because.

8. shinzi11

shinzi11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its more on E sports not a transfer from another world.

BlackBlade and Wujigege like this.
  9. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

10. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, in forums, people will often use 'fite' instead of fight, especially when using the phrase 'fight me'. It's an urban dictionary phrase. It was done to aggravate people, don't be a squeaker. XD
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fite Me

Axiel, Wujigege, Aiiee and 2 others like this.
  11. rakesh2206

rakesh2206 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime is pretty good and your reasoning or rant is all shit.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole premise is wrong, and you're wrong.

Basically assume that for every attack and ability the player make a series of inputs, basically like a very short game of OSU, and depending on their performance things like how fast their attack is made, the direction, special effects, and so on is affected by this.

Glory is supposed to be a somewhat futuristic Action MMORPG, NOT world of warcraft.

Now, is that realistic? I personally don't think it's THAT realistic, at least not if it's going to be fast paced, but what you or me think about whether it could be achieved and played by humans in reality has nothing to do with the premise of the novel.

I can't speak about the anime since I haven't watched it, but at least you're completely wrong about the premise of the game.

13. shinzi11

shinzi11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend to read the novel just dont read it at qidian, qidian sucks

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft sorry but I must say those who make it hype are reader who read the novel~
    and seriously comparing animation and novel is IMO for TKA is pfft
    nyahahahaha!
    counter part?
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OMG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    ehem so :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    comparing VR and advance MMORPG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    remember video about CHINESE SAO? it similar:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

15. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    about cooldown skill
    there in 1 online game that dont have cooldown. its name ragnarok online (2D).
    1st mmorpg online enter my country.
    skill, as long u have mana, u can use skill as many as you want.
    potion, u can always click it as many as you have.

MrSplashy, Wujigege and Astaroth like this.
  16. xtayuyax

xtayuyax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime is actually garbage. The way they animate the fighting scenes, aside from the animation being very obviously cheap and basic, make no sense in an actual game setting. Especially since it's an actual game you can play on a computer, not a vrmmorpg, a lot of the things that they depict the people doing make very little sense. The auto attack animations for the same weapons are different, and the auto attack speeds are completely different as well.

The web novel is actually good though, cuz you don't just randomly see Grim doing things that other players cannot in the scope of the game, not in the scope of their APM not being high enough, and although the descriptions and explanations are vague, it makes more sense in the scope of a game. Lord Grim is a character with many low level skills, and they are explained to have lower cooldowns, but also lower damage than higher level skills. As a result, it is easier for him to chain combos with these variety of different low level skills that focus on crowd control rather than damage. The anime leave out a lot of important details that are necessary to understand the game and animate the in game visuals to look like a vrmmo which is something that it is not and cannot be, with the way they flesh out the MC to be a god in the scope of the game.

Nimroth and Astaroth like this.
  17. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    and about TKA it self, its a lot better you read the novel, our imagination its alot better than the animation.

18. FatalStrings

Reading List:
    Link
    1. he has a harem
    2. he is a being a pro gamer does not mean you are more of a gamer
    3. I would know how Glory works if the motherfuckers explained how it works but Noooooo, APMs bitch!!!
    anyone who actually played a video game before how much bullshit of an explaination that is
    4. its keyboard and mouse e-sport MMO. if your game is too imbalanced it will not attain E-sport status. also monsters clip in wall geometry what an advanced game
    5. I know

19. Damyabo

Damyabo [Butcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    No one in my imagination was eating McDonalds until I watch the anime. xD

Wujigege likes this.
  20. FatalStrings

Reading List:
    Link
    I am only criticizing the anime as I haven't read the Novel, I am not planning on reading it because of the anime