The Kings Avatar Ep. 8

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by hmlss017, May 21, 2017.

1. hmlss017

hmlss017 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah woah waait!!! Steam Bun is on holiday vacation at the Internet Cafe!!? can't remember this scene on the novel o_O

2. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather they have met up in the novel

3. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sorry for yidao and am surprised by sbi's appearance, I think it was different in the novel

Damyabo likes this.
  4. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont watch anime version of manga/novel, 99.99% of them fk up big time, i dont even watch anime anymore, just read manga/novel.

5. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    Well......not exactly 99.99% only 99% m8

6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problems with the animation.
    Its good for what it is.

7. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually this has been done with the consent of the Author after he himself stated that he had wanted them to meet much sooner than in the Novel. And to those above while yes, a lot has been skipped what was skipped was not important.

8. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel to anime or manga to anime is never accurate. I'm surprised you're surprised~

Milanin and Aiiee like this.
  9. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Awe 128, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood was a success and I'm sure some other titles did better because they were changed, since anime can't do the same as written content sometimes. (You just gotta remember how much water spewing, blood coughing, people crying, and people overreacting there was in the novel.)

10. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No im talking about the main detail where they skip/change, like info or interaction anime skip to fasten the pace for short season anime, or filler drag out for long ones.

FMA brotherhood is one of the really rare where the animation company doesnt touch sht, but hard to find anything else

11. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    This anime isn't that bad. Though the time skip was over 400 chapters. Don't watch it as an anime, but as an intro to the characters. That way it becomes a pleasant watch. It helps to immerse yourself into the novel even better.

12. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with all anime against LN's and even some manga is that they only have a fix amount of time
    ( normally 30 minute time slot but in real time 22-24 depending on number of ads showing in the middle of the show and also number of shows in a season),
    so their are going to be screens moved forward or backwards with in the shows timeline sometimes to help the pace of the show or they just don't have the time at all ,
    the pity about it is that you lose some of the background of the characters or some even totally dropped for the show
    sofar for me TKA's show hasn't been as bad as it could have been and the pace is ok so far
    and at least we're not getting loads of crap fillers which is a pet hate of mine after watch bleach and OP for years

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  13. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm okay with this, especially since the anime will probably only last one season. May as well get what we can out of it. It's also enjoyable so all is well.

14. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also realized that Steamed Bun appearing at that point in time in the anime differs from the novel but I'm glad to know that this change has Butterfly Blue's (author's) blessing! :D

Steamed Bun is so funny! XD I'm glad we get to see him more in the anime~

15. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    What I did like about the anime was how the leadership of Wang Jiexi was portrayed. That always struck me as the most outstanding part of his character - he's a guy that many would willingly follow, and you can see why. (Frankly, he's probably the best leader in the game... even compared to Ye Xiu.) The Magician style being portrayed in the anime was okay - I'm glad they made a special point of it - but I felt they couldn't really capture the unpredictability of the style fully in the anime. I was expecting to see a lot more aim-one-way-then-disappear-from-sight-with-weird-magical-trap-waiting-for-you kind of combat scenes. Or a lot more broom acrobatics (circus-rider style), rather than using it as a weapon.

Damyabo and SummerX like this.