Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Raidou99, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the novel get better after the first few chapters or does the pace, tone and other parts remain the same?

I ask because i have read about 10 chapters but i am finding this novel quite boring.... And that is even though i usually like novels of this type...

2. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it for a several months (I paused just after they formed their own team, & haven't started again yet), & quite enjoyed it, but most of what I enjoy about it is how the MC (forgot his name, sorry) is such a blatant & outright bastard, & how he screws anyone who isn't on his side...

Think Tanya Degreuchaff(sp?), but as a "old" gamer...

3. WhiteLotus123

WhiteLotus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read it and i like it, it is fun and good novel to pass the time and laugh from time to time

4. Aoyos

Aoyos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets better. It just starts really slow because it explains most things as if the reader has no previous knowledge on MMORPG's and the server is stupidly full. Once it starts to move away from that it gets a lot better.

5. DazeHero

DazeHero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a slow-ish start. Once he gets everything setup in glory things start to ramp up.

6. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how well a novel keeps your interest. Personally for me I liked it well enough in the beginning to middle and liked the idea of the novel but at one point I found myself reading it just because of an update. It became a novel I did not read for entertainment but it felt more like a chore to read the new chapters.

7. trickshot121

trickshot121 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it does have its lul moments esp with shaotian but if seeing new strategies for every new update piques your interest, then read on. At least, in this age that the internet is readily available, we have guides and tips (walkthroughs) if we're stuck in a certain stage of a game but for the mc, even tho he's made most if not all of the guides, he's still looking for areas where to improve (only bcoz he needs the in-game rewards )

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    10 Chapters isn't really enough to form a well reasoned opinion on how good a Novel is going to be. So it is very good that you are asking before you drop it.

For most Novels but not all, the beginning is used to introduce the Protagonist of the novel and introduce you to some rudimentary elements of the world which they operate in. Very general description but it hits the big stuff.
    Now for a novel like King's Avatar not only does it have to give you a reasonable explanation of its scenario, since it is a novel about online gaming it must also explain to the reader the fundamentals of that world.
    Honestly most people who read a webnovel will likely have the basic knowledge required to at least understand what is happening in a MMORPG but the author can't assume that so they must take a good amount of time to explain the basics so that when they expand their world later, you have a basis to understand what is going on.

Now the reason i say all that is to tell you that TKA does indeed pick up. What you have read so far is definitely one of the slowest parts of the novel... ESPECIALLY if you already know what is being explained. It really does pick though, the interactions IRL grow increasingly interesting and crucial to the overall plot and once we get past the basics in-game the author starts to blur the lines without breaking them which leads to some really well written and intense fight scenes.

All in all i would say give it another 30 chapters and if you still aren't invested by that point then you may wanna drop it.

9. Reyrey

Reyrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You usually like novels of this type? What type are you talking about? You like novels about pro gaming scene? Anyways, it's true it starts up slow since it attempts on giving the reader a sense of it's world, or you can call it "world building" and mere 10 chapters of Chinese novel chapters aren't quite enough to interest someone to like it. Like someone said above 10 chapters is not enough to decide whether you like it or not, I most of the time decided it would be worth reading after reading 50 chapters or more, since Chinese novels "chapter" can be read in a swift manner since they're rather short.

10. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm.... K. Ty

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    if you like Ark or SAO or LMS and kinda expect da story will similar then better stay out of TKA~
    yup yup~

12. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm.... Is that so.... As a matter of fact, i do love sao and like lms (haven't read ark bcoz ppl said it was a cheap rip-off of lms)... So what is the actual difference? Does it focus more on the info and stuff? Or is it something else?

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    SAO more toward adventure with meh meh+ death thingy
    LMS well weed adventure with hoahem irl side + hoahem other thing
    TKA not about adventure but return of peak pro gamer back to pro league
    so if you have lil interest toward MMORPG and pro gamer which not on VR era then there high probability you not into it

SAO and LMS if we kick VR thing they will turn like isekai
    TKA is about game and thing within~ on later stage pro gamer~
    yup yup

oh you should try virtual world close combat mage from same author but it on VR era
    well not pass 100 chap mark yet~

14. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the detailed reply! I will check the recommendation out and try to read till ch 100 of tka and see it if gets interesting....

15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heres my review about chinese VRMMO novels

LMS is pretty good. it is a korean VRMMO. right now we are all reading overgeared also. it's fantastic.