Spoiler The Lady is a Stalker

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by JPeach, May 20, 2019.

1. 1Penny4YourThoughts

1Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

No worries, no feelings were hurt. I was just genuinely curious as to when this humiliation happens. I also just wanted to point out that this is one of the tropes where the ML actually has a legit reason to detest MC

2. evilbonsai

evilbonsai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in promotional webtoon it didn't mention anything particularly like the main reason why ml execute Sarebi so that's why it became more confusing. so after reading the translation chapter 3 now i understand now why ml execute her

zoefleyl and 1Penny4YourThoughts like this.
  3. 1Penny4YourThoughts

1Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see how that would be confusing. But glad to hear you're kinda warming up to the story. It's so often that the ML doesn't have a legit excuse for the execution (and that they are a**holes), but I like the fact that this is not the case here. Too bad MC transmigrated so late in the story, but oh well.

I'm looking forward to the story and I came on this thread in hope that someone would know what to expect ^^

4. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    Abandoned Empress's ml was really a scum but sadly in her 2nd life time fl ended up with him again :cry:

5. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i find the promotional manhwa tho?

6. nii

nii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. luzumafu

luzumafu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If ML humiliated her, then I think that would be the part where he apologized to her in the promo??? Then again I wouldn't know but it seems like it? Cause he said he didn't expect blablahblah or something. And the MC didn't seem to expect an apology either, so she probably thought she made a mistake in approaching him as always. Not that a simple apology would be enough for the suffering he put her through but alas.

In any case with the original's years of stalking ML, I say I have to relate to Penny. It's more surprising that he fell for her at all and even gave her the time of day to notice her differences. Even if the humiliation was terrible (which I doubt it'd be tragically terrible since it's directed to the original and not herself + she has no expectations from him in the first place so there's no reason to be butthurt) I'm sure the retaliation he'd have to face from her when he chases her will be much worse?? At least I'd wish that were the case but atm MC seems like a real softy mommy type....so I feel like she's gonna make it easy for him *is sad*

8. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    @dahlhoney did u read it if you have then u can spoil about ml and mc and in kakao it has low rating.

9. 801yan

801yan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaa, i cant open it in the app bcs the app isnt available on my country even my browser gugel cant translate the page

Elliana likes this.
  10. River_Bank

River_Bank Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So no more spoilers from this novel? :blobcry:

Elliana likes this.
  11. Red-tiger

Red-tiger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Is there anyone who could spoil this novel!?!?!

Elliana likes this.
  12. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
  13. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it myself except the first few chapters, I clicked out after reading the reviews of its comment sections. Basically it's poorly written with unnecessary tropes and twists. I can TL the negative ones(which is 98% of the reviews) if you want further explanations.

14. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you can :*

15. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link

From what I've read they're saying it's like every cringey Wattpad teenage romance/fanfic; everything is too much and ridiculously strained. I don't want to bash the author or a novel so many people are anticipating on, and I don't really have a strong opinion good or bad cause I haven't read the full story myself -but what I can say is that the author definitely lacks writing skills & experience judging by her/his writing style. I'll just summarize different reviews into one.

Firstly, ML slays a dragon at 8 and tame dragons at 14. And it's not like dragons are some small fry lizards you'd see everywhere, they're mentioned to be the most powerful creatures of that world. So the author glorifies him as this cool, aloof guy the gods love and excels at everything(it's like if he was a game character his every status would be 999+ max) yet he becomes the most childish(well to be fair he's like....14.......but even for a 14 yo he's...too much), ignorant, hot tempered idiot ever. He's the type to think "oh my god she likes me" when all a girl did was smile at him while talking, but not in a sweet way. Rather in a way you want to face palm yourself. He films a whole freaking movie by himself bc he misunderstands every little thing MC does, he does it all by himself- fall in love, cry, get heartbroken, get betrayed, cry some more and so on. His mood changes every chapter. Overly dramatic.

And then there's MC. Usually you can like characters even if they're cynical or dull depending on how the author delivers them. I feel like this is a poorly executed example of such character. This is a 'transported into a villainess(character) in a novel' story and MC is suppose to be an adult -the character she became is a teenager- but she acts so immaturely. She's dense, and it's the worse kind of dense cause she's narrated as 'smart and intelligent'. But not really...the author dumbs down the side characters so they can be awed and praise MC like dumb-dumbs instead of actually researching or studying to make the character smarter than average. We all enjoy the "smart yet when it comes to romance she/he's clueless" trope but this one went too far. She doesn't fall in love or even feel something until the very very end. She even flirts with the second ML to the point readers got confused asking "was the 2nd one supposed to be the ML?"

Let's not forget about the ending. Honestly, this is the elephant in the room. Some people kept reading despite the sloppy plot development and poorly delivered characters and the ending really left them frustrated. I vaguely remember a comment even saying that the author seemed to have wanted to narrate -or actually did, I'm not sure- MC as an asexual but didn't really look into what sexuality it is. MC doesn't fall in love, she meekly hints/thinks "ah maybe I like him" and the two goes into a cave for hundreds of years together...? (Yeah, what the hell)

TL;DR: There's suppose to a main plot and in that line there should be little episodes of story, settings, characters and just interestingly developed context in general. This one? Nothing. It's like the author threw in every popular/what he or she likes into the story, resulting a mess. It's like she/he herself/himself is unsure of which way she/he wants to go or how to do so, OR if they did, it's poorly done. And readers can't follow up with the characters; why did they feel or act that way? how come? how did they come to this conclusion? The story and characters jumps here and there lacking reasons & explanations. Too extreme, too much, everything is either overdone or poorly done.

-from comments & reviews on Kakaopage and Ridibooks

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  16. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    Elliana and dahlhoney like this.
  17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what? Cave? Did they become trolls?

18. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    Idek....I have no idea what that means.....they didn't really spoiled the details of the ending. I can't think of any reason why they'd go into a cave for 'hundreds of years' even with the information (about the characters) mentioned in the comments. It's just confusing(n)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  19. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Would this not be worth the time?

20. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone is already translating it, then I say why not give it a try & decide for yourself since everyone has different tastes/bars. If it's not translated yet and you're rooting for it to get translated, then I carefully recommend finding other novels to root for.

Marane101, JPeach, Suzune and 2 others like this.