The Last Human when does he meet up with his lover?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Walter vi Britannia, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by how the translators are popping out one or more chapters each day, I'd say the raws are further ahead in the story. So I was wondering in which chapter do they meet? Have the raws reached that point? Cause the main character himself seems to know exactly which date they are going to meet, and the next city he is heading towards it was shown in his memory that he escaped together with her from there so it should be soon, right? But I have this feeling that things are not going to go as smoothly. Which chapter do they meet for the first time? Does anyone have any idea?

(Also, when does he meet his master? He was supposed to be with him when they encountered that clawed monster at the gas station, right? But he already encountered it a few chapters ago.)

2. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as I can tell the Manhwa translation is only about 4 chapters behind the raw, and so far he never met his master nor his love.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  3. Joseph08

Joseph08 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's still a confusion...Though

4. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet he's gonna create OP chara army later lol, and *cough harem

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    No, this is not a harem. If it does become one, I'd be severely disappointed. The dumb teacher who thinks she's the tragic heroine of a household soap opera forgetting that the world is infested with zombies and ending up endangering her little sister is already a horrible addition. Actually, she is the thing I hate most about this manhua right now. I don't want more. Harems are so stupid and just such a bland addition. Don't get me wrong, they can be done in a good way but not in this manhua. We are not here for drama. His search for his past lover and his devotion towards her is a cute addition to the story, gives the MC a motivation. But any more than that would make all that feel pointless. In general, I just hate harems. They take away from the story. Specially in an action focused apocalypse story, it'll definitely be an unwelcome addition for most people.

And, I don't think he wants to make an army. He doesn't want anything more than to have his friends survive with him and grow stronger to protect themselves. He mentioned somewhere that that was his goal.

6. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, I remember that he say that he just want to survive together with all his friend. And until now, there's no couple found in this manga, so we don't know what author want, will he be loyal lover or harem king, what we only know are FmL (the teacher, his sister, and chibi kid) all love the MC, unrequited love tho.

Remember the bitch that MC give love letter, when they meet again, she not as bad as the first time she appear. So maybe, just maybe, at first he loyal to his past girlfriend, and after meet her, the author create another drama that make the MC become harem king, as we all know the virus took 70% population of humanity. Lol

7. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm quite indifferent about the "dumb teacher", but there are plenty of oddities around her:
    - mc is a high-school kid and seems to be her student's boyfriend. i find it unnatural to fall for him. if anything, she should be wary of him -- hacking zombies, smoking, blowing up car.
    - as a veteran, the mc had a hard time getting a meteorite fragment; yet in a short amount of time she managed to get 2.
    - due to her kindness, the mc lost a grenade. my question: why did the mc threw his body to cover her from the blast? (considering she is an armor type she has higher chance to survive than the mc)
    the high (drunken) plot suggests possible shipping, but it feels too shallow for my taste.

yup,i don't think tian cheng wants to create an army.
    but i think he has the intention to create a super party, consisting of trusted people he met in the current and previous timeline.

hirza likes this.
  8. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like it would make the story steer away from the current pace so I hope not. The little sister of that teacher wants that idiot teacher to get together with him, she has no particular feelings towards him, she looks 5, of course she doesn't.
    His previous master's daughter didn't show any interest towards him romantically. Maybe it got slightly hinted somewhere but you can't draw a conclusion from that. She's honestly a more perfect match with his best friend. They are both so similar and are always together, they would make a better couple. And I'm betting my money that bitch from the first chapter is still a bitch. She was the main reason for MC's best friend's death in his previous life. If she suddenly turns good, then it probably means the author is truly trying to turn this into a harem. And didn't she try to seduce his best friend into betraying him? She's a whore. If it turns into a harem and loses its plot, I might drop it. Many people, like you perhaps, would like it though so I wouldn't say its a bad choice by the author. I would just be severely disappointed that something so interesting to me suddenly took such a turn like that discarding everything I liked about it to the side.

9. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    1. She said in that flash back with her sister after MC left them that she didn't want to get in the way so they'd be going somewhere else, not to the place MC told her to go. In a zombie infested world she didn't want to get in the way of someone's love while she had a little sister to protect. She's dumb as fuck.
    2. They said something about being able to sense those meteorite pieces, right? Maybe turning into a zombie helps it, like, she did eat one and then had it taken. Her body is probably looking for more to evolve.
    3. Her getting attacked so much caused her to rampage like that. He didn't want her to suffer more damage cause that would make it worse, perhaps something she won't be able to return from even. Didn't the guy he fought with after the clawed monster over do it and turned into a monster? Maybe it works similarly.

The answers to your second and third question were already answered in the manhua. Didn't you pay attention? And the first one, they gave a reason for that, but her reason was so dumb that I don't wanna defend her on that one. I really truly do hope she would become an inconsequential character. The black guy that just appeared last chapter is someone I already like way more even though he just appeared.

10. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. you're missing the point. my beef is the superficial reason to "fall in love".
    gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun chapter 104 (where 2 people became a couple over a bad tasting miso / corn potage) is much easier to digest compared to that.
    2. doesn't make sense. if zombies can sense the fragments, most would have been harvested by them already, instead of littered as fragments. and that dam arc, even evolved zombies didn't home in to the big chunk that villain got.
    3. makes sense, though using a foot soldier to protect a tank, else the tank goes berserk ? that is one stupid skill/branch.

11. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I'm not missing anything. I know it's fucking dumb. That's what I've been saying this whole time. And they didn't really fall in love over the miso soup or corn potage, she said that it escalated from there. Which might just mean they met over some bad soup or potage and through that they got close which then eventually led them to going out. She just didn't bother mentioning all that and just told her how they met cause she seems like the type of person to find talks like that troublesome.
    2. Maybe it differs from zombie to zombie...you'd probably have to watch more of it to understand more. It might become an important plot point later on, or the author might just forget about it.
    3. Who's the foot soldier here?