The Last of Us Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been playing old games lately when I'm not reading Novels. I don't own a PS4 but do have a PS3, I want to try out The Last of Us but doubt I'll get really into the story so I'm hoping that the $10 I spend on it won't go to waste and it redeems itself with a great multiplayer. I've seen others play it but I don't know if its still online? I mean fight night champions are online but hardly anyone still plays that. BF4 is still populated, Borderlands was last I checked still playable online so I'm guessing such a newer game is still in service right?

Do you even have to play the story mode to play multiplayer?

2. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last of Us 2 is coming, trailer out.

potatofriez likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but I haven't played the first game, though I've seen the cut scene movie from beginning to end. So I do know the story (not the DLC) at least the good ending where he didn't give the girl up.

4. Ciel88

Ciel88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you playing the last of us for the multiplayer? that mode was tacked on to fill out some corperate's game feature checklist

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know for sure but I can tell you that when the game was first released the multiplayer was fun but didn't last very long.
    Perhaps you'll have a surge of old players online in anticipation for the new game but I doubt you'll find any online games and If you do I doubt they will be high quality.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... not playing for the multiplayer, I want to play the story but don't know if I'll like playing cause I actually have watched the story on youtube. But playing is a different experience, I want the MP to be good so I don't waste money...

7. Ciel88

Ciel88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The multiplayer is passable, but like i said earlier, its just tacked on. I doubt you would find many people playing it nowadays.
    Also, just cuz you watched the full cutscene movie of the game doesn't mean you have seen everything the story has to offer, unless you watched a full playthrough. I'd say you are better off spending that $10 elsewhere

8. Apv300

Apv300 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last of Us is praised primarily for the story and it has great gameplay. You don't need to play the story to do the multiplayer, all you need to know is that there is 2 factions, hunters and fireflies, and the one you pick determines your colour, thats it. I put almost 200 hours into the multiplayer however it is a hit or miss. You dont start off with everything, you slowly unlock perks, weapons, cosmetic gear (no gameplay advantage), and loadout points, either through time or hitting certain goals. There is more multi player dlc than I would have liked but its mostly cosmetic and the ones that do have an effect on gameplay is pretty balanced out so Even if a player spends money, they wont necessarily have an advantage.
    -Loadout points are the games way of balancing out the multiplayer, equipping guns, adding mods to guns, and perks cost loadout points, better guns and perks take cost more points and weaker ones cost less. so the dlc weapons and perks, despite being powerful, prevent you from being fully equipped. If I remember correctly you start out with 8 or 9 then you can get like 11 or 12. You can respec your character however you want, as long as it is within those points. Also you get to run a community thats just a bunch of dots moving in a circle with text to the side of it talking about what they are doing, the better you do in games the better your community survives.

9. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    That's cool I was wondering what those dots were, I'd like to have a mini game like that on a BF4 style survival shooter. I seem to like this so I may try it out.

10. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    heh. . . you consider those old games? demn. .
    i'm really getting old. . . .
    why not go further beyond and play ps1 games? it will be a really time consumer for sure. .

11. Relken

Relken Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PS3 is old? It's not old unless you're blowing on a cartridge and the controller is wired.

kenar likes this.
  12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I play ps2 games but I was never a PS1 kinda guy

By the way I'm 24 so if ps3 is old, I'm pretty much ancient...

The user you're replying to is most likely thinking cartriges are related to the things you put into Nintendo 3DS'