Misc THE LEGEND OF THE WAR DANCERS

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by JiangHu, Jan 1, 2018.

?

How was the 1st chapter?

1. Bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Average.

50.0%
  3. Good.

25.0%
  4. Great.

25.0%
  1. JiangHu

JiangHu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legend of the War Dancers

STORY
    A dark fantasy romance about a demon girl, a human boy, a hummingbird, and martial arts.

GENRES

High Fantasy, Magic Opera, Action and Adventure, Thriller, Grimdark, Horror, Romance, Mystery, Tragedy, Picaresque, Martial Arts, Wuxia, Xianxia, Xuanhuan

Book 0, Selling Drugs with Sleeping Beauty

Hey guys, first-time author long-time lurker.

A couple of months ago I polled a story idea on here - an adult/bloody Romeo & Juliet xianxia, with the intention of making a meagre living from it because it'll take a serious chunk of my life (years).

70% of people said they liked it and to flesh it out, and so I did. To focus on writing I made a struggling author's Patreon page as motivation (aim big guys!), and lo-and-behold I've been writing 30 to 50 hours a week for the past couple of months. Less sleep, less going out, and being downsized considerably at work is a great combo for writing.

1,100ish chapters outlined and detailed, 11 books (with a web novel I figured big-picture planning first was key). Chapter lengths will be a free-for-all, some will be 3,000 words and others 1,500 - but the average will be approx. 2,000. Chapters published 3x a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), more if people like it enough to support a pizza or two (or pause adblockers).

At the end of it all, someone said that you're lucky if you find something you love and you're blessed if you find people to pay you for it. That's all that I'm aiming for. I've found something I love in writing and it scares the shit out of me so I figured I might as well dive into this seriously and with my heart on my sleeve. Thanks for reading my small essay, I'll shut up now. DANCEPROOF.COM

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. JiangHu

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a look around the site/blog if you want guys. Never planned to write a web novel, but I've been writing for years (kinda saved my life). Pay it no mind though if you want.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Feycaller likes this.
  3. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what this is about as I have not read it but it seems like you are writing a novel so I would like to wish you the best of luck.

I might read it after I wake up.

JiangHu likes this.
  4. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you write the description (synopsis), please? So that I could understand a little of what is this story about

JiangHu likes this.
  5. JiangHu

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the well wishes. And I have.

I've already written book 1 of 11 books.
    • 1 chapter published,
    • 100 chapters done/ 1 book (just gotta edit them once more),
    • 1000 more left to write but the whole story is complete. (The story has main characters that don't even show up until books 7-8.)

Planned to release later since I'm behind schedule, but hey - it's January 1st. Time waits for no one.

6. JiangHu

Reading List:
    Link
    ADDED. The synopsis explains the general story, but things won't start to make sense until books 5+. The story is xianxia in nature but I try to be as realistically gruesome and poetic as possible (a bloody Romeo and Juliet xianxia).

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  7. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool I'll give it a read once I finish amber sword.

JiangHu likes this.