LCD The Legendary Mechanic

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Netto Azure, Nov 27, 2018.

1. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It made sense since that pugilist is his seller for his stuff... (seller/middleman) its the fault of thag pugilist who didint think thigs through like giving then to her team... and also 1 fault i found at the mc because of this is that he fucking says use it to find out what it does... ( more like shhhh its a secret)

2. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like this is now locked behind a paywall on Qid.

3. SpinelesS

SpinelesS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan of these "premium" chapters where you have to pay spirit stones to unlock...
    I'm guessing they were holding back a bunch of chapters waiting for the story to become premium too as they just dropped 7 more chapters all of a sudden...

Is novelupdates no longer updating this because it's behind that paywall?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    is it considered latest chapter even if its not the one in qidian?:notlikeblob::blobpeek:

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    going premium means u get a bunch of chapters drop
    tbh the novel isn't very good anyway since i've read ahead in the raws

dont worry, the novel stops making sense once the players become more involved.

6. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest i actually think the players are jz there to make the mc more OP.. they're like mech han vitamins/power boosters -.-'

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep...

He’s as shameless as the Versatile Mage, and as money grubbing as the Omni Mage...love it.:ROFLMAO:

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Now he stole everything not bolted down...correction, he stole everything not wielded down, correction, he stole everything!!!:ROFLMAO:

9. kylokram25

kylokram25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone. This novel was dropped?

10. zecran

zecran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no it become premium in webnovel

11. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone else feel like the mc cracked? he has yet to question why he is in the world or how, and he is so disassociated from himself and the world around him that it is off putting.

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The new arc is unknown to him. So he’s more wary. I think this is more the character he is the first time he started playing...careful, alert and thinking.

The Mo Fan personality is when things are going his way...:ROFLMAO:

13. Occulus

Occulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that he thought about it but still had no ideas on what could have caused him to apparently be stuck in a VR game and travel back in time. But that's probably intentional on the author's part since he just wanted a template story of "went back to the beginning timeline of a video game" with the twist of being able to quickly accumulate power thanks to players. There's a lot of plotholes if you drill down deeper like how a VR game can apparently simulate multiple star systems worth of intelligent beings and physics, why haven't the Devs taken a closer look at his character (especially when he has become a bigger mover) who probably came out of nowhere, etc.

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did that immediately in chapter one.
    That's not a plothole. It's unexplained high levels of technology in a world who's technological level is unexplained.
    We don't know what the Devs are doing to comment on it. If they can see his character then they would know where he came from. If they made a living world then the fact that characters can advance themselves is not surprising. Maybe the Germinal organization leader was the exact same sort of character and is someone who came from nothing and happened to become main character.

userunfriendly likes this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Do any wuxia authors spend time on having the MC speculate on how he got there? :p

16. Occulus

Occulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there were some references to Earth by the players and Han Xiao that seemed to hint that it shouldn't be that far from the present. Earth has space ships and the game is running on a quantum computer system but that's about the most advance tech we've seen on Earth. The countries on Earth are the exact same as the ones that exist right now so there shouldn't have been that long of a time shift. I also could have sworn that there was some talk about lunar or martian colonies but I can't be sure.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's worse, the author just handwaving it for the sake of plot or having human society become so advanced that they can simulate a virtual universe (and potentially travel through time) yet still having people running around and trying to strip their avatars to find out how uncensored the game really is.

I'm more of the theory that (if the explanation actually got released) the game was more of a way for people from Earth to interact with another world and some higher being threw him into the past of the game.

All of the other players have extremely balanced campaigns with a lot of back and forth. However, the China's server campaign ended abruptly. I doubt the devs would accept something like this as normal. If they even just looked at his character, they could probably tell that his character is fairly unusual just from the molding/template talents that it has. Also, this is slight spoilers for the raws but
    his faction become seriously unbalanced and way better than what the other countries got access to. There have been many international players screaming "unbalalanced" in the forums.
    The only way I can see this happening is if they left the world's creation to an AI and played no role in it. Which could make sense; I've read several vrmmo series that do that.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    userunfriendly likes this.
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep...just a wuxia novel.:facepalm:

enjoy it as such. :p

Toralk likes this.
  18. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We know that they still have the same countries, that they still use the internet in a similar way, and that they're less advanced than the tech societies in the game. That's not really a lot of information to base anything on.
    It's almost always handwaved how these massive VR games work.
    It doesn't need to be normal. There could be a 1% chance of something like that happening. It's obvious that the game runs even when the players aren't logged in. Thus they probably had the game run through thousands of years before the players entered. They've likely seen unlikely things like the MC's rise happen countless times. Then they picked the starting planets based on which ones would likely have a good storyline for the players and put them there. They likely knew the most probable way the storyline would play out but a dark horse coming out of nowhere is and throwing things off shouldn't surprise them that much. I would look at HX and think out that he's the NPC that figured out the nature of players first and how to take advantage of them. That would be hilarious to me as a dev.

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...the MC is a Bond villain! He needs a white cat.:ROFLMAO:

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    “This is getting more and more ‘perverted’… I like it!”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

flag9801 and Netto Azure like this.