Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Lol.

2. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

3. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    Merry Xmas to all~

1541-1545

1541 - Zhuoli turned to look at Lu Man: “Look at this. How is he ever going to get the girl? How does he not know the meaning of asking for her contact info?” Lu Man said with a smile: “You were the same. You wanted my number and WeChat and lied to me saying you didn’t have AliPay.” Zhuoli hugged her shoulders: “How else would I be with you now? I’m very glad that I had thickened my face back then.” “I am glad too,” Lu Man agreed, otherwise she would have remained afraid and completely miss out on him. She took out her own phone to look for Shi Xiaoya’s contact and then forwarded it to Zhuoli, instructing him to send it to Zhuoling and remind their elder brother to add it to WeChat as well. Again, Zhuoli dutifully did this and so Shi Xiaoya received a friend request just before she went to bed. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief. Her heart raced… but was also afraid of rejecting CEO Han’s request. She accepted it, much to Zhuoling’s relief. Lying in bed and not sure what else to say, Shi Xiaoya sent a message: “Your necktie is here with me.”

1542 - Looking back, Shi Xiaoya realized her honest statement gave the impression that Han Zhuoling had stayed the night. Zhuoling apologized about forgetting his necktie and she offered to return it to his company, or even to mail it back. He asked if she was working tomorrow, but before she could reply he sent her a video chat request. She was very nervous because she had already removed her makeup to go to bed but eventually accepted it after checking in the mirror. Why was she going through all this, it’s not as if he was her boyfriend. Boyfriend… Zhuoling’s hair was down after his shower and in his pajamas, looked completely different and much younger than usual. “Why did you take so long?” he asked with a frown, wondering if she was so reluctant to accept his call.

1543 - He nearly laughed when he had seen her: Shi Xiaoya was dressed in comfortable furry sweater to keep herself warm and her long hair had been tied up in a ball. There was also an emoji frame surrounding her face with the text: “indifferent/cold”. She was obviously soft and cute, something like “dumbo” would be more suitable for her. He could see her natural beauty and he wondered, where was the difference before and after makeup? I should pay closer attention next time. He remembered asking her about lipstick during Survivor and now knew her lips’ natural colour. Shi Xiaoya honestly said she had been startled and did not expect a video call at all, that was why it took her so long to accept. When Zhuoling asked where she was, she shifted her position so that he could see she was in her bedroom. She picked up a doll to hug and they casually chatted, surprising her with the casual ease of their talk. “What is that in your arms?” he suddenly asked.

1544 - She held up the doll for him to see: “This is Pikachu.” “So this mouse has a name?” Zhuoling asked with a raised eyebrow. “Of course,” she said righteously. How dare he call it a mouse. “It’s a cute anime character and it doesn’t say anything except pika pika pikachuu,” she said, imitating the voice unknowingly. It was like a bomb went off in Han Zhuoling. How could such cuteness be possible! Shi Xiaoya felt embarrassed, why the hell did she do that? “I don’t usually do that!” “Let me hear it again,” they both said at the same time. “Eh? Whatisitthatyousaid?” she asked. Zhuoling coughed, he had actually blurted out his inner desire. He had never lost control before and felt strange. He had always kept a grip on his emotions, how else would he deal with the vicious people in business? But since he had already say it… he might as well go through with it, since he really wanted to hear it. “The Pikachu just now. You can do it again,” he said with a straight face. Shi Xiaoya was speechless. Why is CEO Han asking her seriously to imitate Pikachu? She expressed her reluctance. “No, it sounds good,” he said with all seriousness. “And very interesting.” She did not expect him to be so insistent. How did things turn out like this? So she lowered her head so that he could only see the hairpin at the top of her head as she mumbled: “Pikachuu…”

1545 - She looked and sound so pitiful that Zhuoling wanted to reach through the screen to pat her head. When she looked back up, her face was flushed red with embarrassment. Finally she remembered: “Were you looking for me?” “Ah. I just wanted to ask if you are working tomorrow,” Zhuoling said gently. She said she had to go to the studio and prepare for ‘Survivor’. She will be joining the production crew on Sunday and actual filming will be on Monday. Wanting to be polite, she asked him the same question and Zhuoling said he would be at the company tomorrow. “About that necktie…” she asked. “I’ll get it from you tomorrow,” Zhuoling said. “From my house?” “Is it inconvenient?” “No no… What time will you come tomorrow? I will be at the studio for half a day,” she said, suggesting for him to meet her and take the tie from her studio. Zhuoling ignored it: “Then, I will go to your house once I’m finished with work.” She was still digesting it when he added: “The noodles were pretty good. Tomorrow evening if you are free, make a few other dishes.” Why… what’s going on? How did it become dinner? When did she offer to cook? “The menu will be up to you. If you are lacking in ingredients, I will go to the supermarket on the way to your home,” he added. She was still stunned and seeing her not saying anything, he plunged on: “If you can’t think of anything, I’ll buy as I like.” She gave up: “Well, if you see what you like, just buy it and I’ll make it.”

4. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Merry Christmas.

5. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

6. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1546-1550

1546 - What did I just say, why do I sound like a wife? Shi Xiaoya found their conversation to drift in the wrong direction. Zhuoling: “Call me after work, I’ll pick you up and we’ll go to the supermarket. You should buy what you like too, otherwise it would be a bother if you only just cook what I like.” Then he said goodnight, leaving her still shellshocked. She had even apologized for him making the trip over to her studio. It is only after she had put down her phone that she realized that things have gone awry: wasn’t it just about the necktie? How did it end up with him coming to her place for dinner? So she sent a message, asking if she should bring the necktie with her to work. Zhuoling read it and deleted it, as if she never sent it. Instead he searched online for Pikachu’s voice and decided that yes, Shi Xiaoya did sound good. He went to bed contentedly, while Shi Xiaoya waited fruitlessly for a reply. The next day was a Saturday and Lu Man went to school. The ten students selected by the school to face the NY group were having a meeting: Lu Man, Zheng Yuan, Yu Jingxian, Wang Nianru, Fu Kaiqi, Xu Ziyi, Li Zeyu, Dong Jingxi, Fu Xuebin and He Changze.

1547 - Except for Zheng Yuan and Yu Jingxian, everyone else had participated in the Huayi Cup. Principal Liu explained the format: a single team match only, not the elimination-style like the Huayi Cup. The teachers were still seething about the Education Ministry’s braindead decision of wagering the school banner. The day’s meeting was to decide on adopting a work for them to perform and then decide their roles. They would also carefully choose a director The students including Lu Man were excited at the prospect of working with a famous director. Some like Li Zeyu and Dong Jingxi who worked on TV dramas especially looked forward to having breakthrough, as they are in the awkward position of being better than being third tier but not quite second tier.

1548 - But Director He dampened their expectations: No director had agreed yet, but the school is working hard to find someone suitable. Director He was actually angry: he had contacted a director who was more senior and had won more awards than Director Sun Yiwu but was refused, citing conflicting work schedules, clearly making excuses. There was only a week for them to prepare. Dong Jingxi who had been defeated by Lu Man spoke up, isn’t Lu Man familiar with Directors Sun and Ji? Surely Mrs Han can just speak to CEO Han and find a director, why would the school go through the embarrassment of contacting them one by one? Before Lu Man could respond, Principle Liu answered with displeasure: “This is a school affair. You are supposed to work together to bring honor to the school or face disgrace together, instead of pushing fault to one person. Yes, it is true Lu Man is related to Han Corp, but what does Han Corp have to do with our school? This is something our school needs to solve by itself, we cannot depend on Han Corp like a crutch.” Dong Jingxi felt her face smacked but persisted: “Yes, we are working together. Then, isn’t it appropriate for Lu Man to seek help from Han Corp on our behalf?”

1549 - Zheng Yuan spoke up and reiterated the principle’s reasons. This is a school matter, no matter what kind of friendship it leveraged, the school will be responsible for it. Therefore it’s not about Lu Man, not about Han Corp. Dong Jingxi refused to give up: Lu Man is participating on behalf of the school, as part of a team, shouldn’t she consider what she can do for the school? Zheng Yuan sneered: “Why don’t you do something then? Don’t you have your own contacts?” Dong said she would if she could, but Lu Man had worked with Director Sun, Director Ji, Du Lin and even Wang Juhuai for Classic X-Files, why is it difficult for her to do it for the school? Zheng Yuan accused Dong of wanting Lu Man to get someone famous and influential just so that she could have a chance to approach the person for her own selfish reasons. Dong was furious but the principal interrupted the ugly argument, convenient cutting off her words and letting her know whose side he was on. “If Lu Man didn’t care, why would she be here?” he said coldly, “This is the school’s business. Do you want to look for Lu Man each time there is trouble? Should I step down then?” Dong Jingxi could only avoid his look. Director He: “The most important thing is team unity. If you can’t even do this, you won’t have a chance to win.”

1550 - “If anyone wants to put their personal grudges over the team, leave now. This is not a game, not a joke! We will not tolerate any personal feuds!” Dong Jingxi kept quiet but was still resentful, feeling that they were biased in favour of Lu Man. The meeting was then interrupted by a familiar voice. Lu Man turned around to see Han Zhuoli by the door. The school secretary came in to inform the Principal: “CEO Han has brought Director Deng Xu.” The first thing Zhuoli did after stepping into the room was to give a smile at Lu Man. The principal went to shake his hand and Zhuoli confirmed: “Director Deng had adjusted his schedule and would be able to work with the school for three days. You can coordinate the specifics with him.” Even Zhuoli did not ask for a whole week, to get three days from Deng Xu the internationally critically acclaimed director was already a great favour. His films might not be blockbusters but were artistic and deep. He was famed for being very demanding, but also for bringing out the best from his actors.

7. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1551-1555

1551 - They were of course stunned by Deng Xu's presence. Deng explained that once he was approached by CEO Han Zhuoli about the competition against the NY group, he was more than willing to help the new generation. The principal thanked him and CEO Han. Zhuoli said he had to help: at home Lu Man constantly researched on the exchange group and studied their films even though she had said she wouldn't feel too pressured. "See her going all out like this, of course I have to help. Otherwise I would feel distressed just watching her," he said. Zheng Yuan could barely conceal her triumphant smirk at Dong Jingxi who had kept disparaging Lu Man earlier. What impeccable timing by the CEO. Dong Jingxi could only shoot back an angry look, but quickly looked away so as not to make a bad impression in front of CEO Han and Deng Xu.

1552 - Deng Xu took charge of the room, saying that he would assign the roles after seeing their ability. Dong Jingxi lit up as this meant there was still a chance that the lead role would not be assigned to Lu Man. If it was up to the school teachers, they would surely give it to her even if she was not suitable. This was her own twisted thinking. Zhuoli already knew what she was thinking, but in the first place, how could she match Lu Man in terms of acting ability? If it wasn't for Lu Man, Zhuoli would not have even went to appeal to Deng Xu. The principal led the students and Deng Xu to suitable performance classroom. Lu Man trailed behind to walk with Zhuoli. She asked if he would owe Deng Xu for this favour, she had hoped to keep their private and public matters separate. . She was helping the school on her own accord and did not want to drag him down. Zhuoli: "I am helping you, not the school." It's no big deal to call in favours in the industry, there is always give and take.

1553 - In the past, it was Han Corp who supported Deng Xu when other investors saw no commercial value in his movies. Deng Xu had always felt that he owed Han Corp without the opportunity to pay them back. He was more than happy when Zhuoli had called him up for this. Zhuoli then excused himself to return to his company, promising to pick her up later. They kissed goodbye but she lingered to watch him leave. In the class, Deng Xu asked if they had any idea for a adapting a work. Dong Jingxi immediately and arbitrarily suggested to pick from Deng's works, saying that they loved his movies and it would be an honor to perform a clip from one of them.

1554 - The bald-faced flattery was turning Zheng Yuan's stomach, didn't Dong Jingxi malign Lu Man earlier? Why did she act as if she was the one who invited Deng Xu? Really, it should be obvious that CEO Han did it for Lu Man, so wouldn't it be better for Dong to be friendly with Lu Man? Still, the other students became eager at the suggestion and Deng agreed as it was inline with his own thoughts. After all, he had no intention of using the works of another director, what would that person think if his interpretation was better? And if it was worse, he would be open for criticisms. He was returning a favour to Han Corp, but there was no reason not to benefit from it too, he could ride a new wave of fame from this. He asked for a movie recommendation and Dong Jingxi immediately suggested 'After Sunset' which had won awards at the Venice International Film Festival. Zheng Yuan whispered her dissatisfaction of Dong Jingxi to Lu Man, but Lu Man said it was understandable behaviour. Besides, Deng Xu would still choose 'After Sunset' without Dong Jingxi's prompting. Zheng Yuan was puzzled, not really seeing how Lu Man had come to that conclusion.

1555 - Lu Man explained correctly about Deng Xu's reasoning: it was better to choose his own work due to familiarity. If he won using another person's work, he would risk offending that person. If he lost, he would be criticized, rightly or wrongly. "But why are you so sure about 'After Sunset' then?" Zheng Yuan asked. Lu Man was interrupted when Dong Jingxi suddenly and loudly asked for her opinion, saying that she had kept talking with Zheng Yuan quietly, implying that Lu Man was selfish and not paying attention to the group discussion. Lu Man did not bite but instead agreed with the choice of 'After Sunset'. At this point, the principal signaled at the other teachers and they quietly left the room to convene outside. "Replace Dong Jingxi," the principal said. "Everyone else is fine but she she keeps looking for trouble even before the rehearsal. Will she stop once rehearsals begin? At this rate she will affect the team unity and ruin the entire thing. We should substitute her and nip it at the bud." The other teachers agreed. Teacher Yao suggested Luo Yijun who was also in the Huayi Cup but was overlooked due to her low profile. Teacher Hong agreed and so it was decided.

9. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

10. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I bet she's still gonna make trouble for them.

11. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1556-1560

1556 - Teacher Hong immediately went to contact Luo Yijun, as she was a working student. Inside the classroom, Dong Jingxi who did not know she had been replaced was still egging Lu Man on: "Don't just follow us, why don't you tell us the reasons you chose 'After Sunset'?" Lu Man chuckled and said what she had wanted to tell Zheng Yuan in the first place: "Because 'After Sunset' is Deng's new film. Even though it had won awards last year, it was only just released in China this month. Word of mouth and spoilers for it are already out and so there will be not too much effect if we perform it. It can even be a promotion for the film, and those who had not seen the movie might do so. That is, if we do well enough. Director Deng always has his core fans, but it would be nice to attract new viewers." Lu Man's meaning was expressed well: His movies were deep and artistic and often did not get huge returns, but if they can help expose his movie to more people, why not? She then infuriated Dong Jingxi by saying to her: "Instead of you trying to waste time trying to single me out, we might as well settle things early and start rehearsing faster." Deng Xu smiled and decided on 'After Sunset'. Deng Xu then contacted his assistant to prepare the clip that he had chosen. Meanwhile, a breathless Luo Yijun had finally arrived to greet the teachers. She would not miss this chance for the world and had ran back to school after receiving Teacher Hong's phone call.

1557 - Luo Yijun only paused to take a few deep breaths after being told to calm down by the teachers. She knew it was a once-a-lifetime chance and the teachers could see just how much she wanted to seize it. The principal told her to wait and went into the classroom. The students were just printing and receiving their scripts from Deng Xu. The principle went over to whisper an apology to Deng Xu. He sensed his worry about someone getting in the backdoor and explained that the school was replacing Dong Jingxi due to her behaviour. Deng Xu was more than happy, he was already skeptical about her selection. How could someone who was more concentrated on feuding with Lu Man be chosen in the first place? In order to give her some face, the principle gently called Dong Jingxi over. She had a bad feeling and when she stepped out of the room, she saw Luo Yijun and immediately demanded to know why she was there. The principal said she was her replacement. He said he knew Dong had other schedules and she could go ahead and fulfill them. Dong Jingxi was furious: if she was replaced by the director, it would still be understandable. Nobody liked to be replaced after all. But this is about working with Deng Xu, someone whom she might never cross paths otherwise.

1558 - She was unwilling and argued. Didn’t the school choose her because she was better than Luo Yijun? The principal saw that she was still unrepentant and so told her frankly, “I have already stressed that this competition was of utmost importance and all should put their performance ahead of petty things. But it is obvious that you can’t do this at all. Your strength alone is not enough to keep you in the team.” She was still not convinced but the principal still gave her face: they will give her face by saying she had a scheduling conflict. She could only leave in anger. Luo Yijun saw her face, but so what? She wanted this chance, and if their roles were reversed Dong Jingxi would have been the same. The principal walked back into the class and announced the change. The students heard the excuse but knew it was obviously because the way Dong had antagonized Lu Man and ruined the team spirit. The atmosphere immediately turned better during the rehearsal.

1559 - Of course, Lu Man was chosen as the lead. It was no contest and coincidentally, the lead character was also a woman. Deng Xu gave them their roles and some words of encouragement before adjourning for the day. Tomorrow he would look at their first performance of the roles, thereafter they had to rely on their teachers. He would only come back for the very last rehearsal. The students were very motivated. As Zhuoli had said, Deng only had three days to give them. As Zheng Yuan and Lu Man were leaving, they were confronted by Dong Jingxi. She demanded to know if Lu Man had asked for her to be replaced. “Dong Jingxi, please find out the truth. I was in the classroom with you and I didn’t even leave. Did you see me talk to the principal? I don’t understand why you are against me. I never cared about you, yet you want to bother me. We have no relations at all, so why are you holding a grudge?” Dong Jingxi thought Lu Man meant they were on different levels, Lu Man could get any job via Han Zhuoli while Dong Jingxi had to work small TV shows. “How can you be so proud when you are relying on a man?” she sneered. Zheng Yuan was furious but laughed when Lu Man smiled and said: “Since you know I have a man to rely on, why are you so bold to target me?”

1560 - Even Dong Jingxi realized that Lu Man was blatantly threatening her. She held her tongue, not daring to say anything. Indeed, Lu Man actually took her phone and called Han Zhuoli right in front of her. “Hubby, are you busy?” she asked. Zhuoli was frightened: Lu Man would have never called him hubby in such a soft tone like this. “Oh, just to tell you that I am done here. If you’re too busy, let Xiao Guo pick me up,” Lu Man said, deliberately letting Dong Jingxi hear. Since she was jealous, let her be jealous! Dong Jingxi smiled grimly but Lu Man returned an arched eyebrow. Dong knew she should leave, but did not. When Zhuoli said he would be late, maybe she could come over to the office and wait for him. She agreed and Zhuoli was secretly excited: after he was done with work he would throw Lu Man directly onto the sofa. Lu Man hung up the phone and gave one last sarcastic look at Dong Jingxi before parting ways with Zheng Yuan who returned to the dorms. Lu Man went to Han Corp, being greeted as “Madam President” by the employees. She stopped by her old PR Department to chat with her ex-colleagues as usual, even greeting Director Wu before leaving to find Zhuoli. Wu still remembered the time they had met at the hospital, when Lu Man overheard his mother warning him to stay away from her because of Xia Qingwei who was ill at the time.

12. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1561-1565

1561 - But of course, Xia Qingwei got better and even got married to Wang Juhuai. Lu Man was now a famous star in both PR and as an actress. Wu’s mother was full of regrets, but it was too late. Lu Man did not even really remember Wu. She gave him a polite acknowledgement as she left. Assistant Zheng greeted her at Zhuoli’s office and she did not even knock before entering. Coincidentally Zhuoli was done with his work and so when she came in, he suddenly pulled her into his arms and kissed. Before she could understand what was happening, she found herself lying on his sofa. “You call me ‘hubby’ over the phone just now. If you were right before me when you said that, I would have done this,” he said. “Is your work finished?” Lu Man asked with a flushed face. “Just before you came in. Now it’s time for you,” he said and his hands began to wander. “We still need to go to your parents,” she reminded him. If they went further, it would be too obvious for all to see. Zhuoli continued to roam, “What happened just now. Why suddenly call hubby over the phone?” Lu Man didn’t want to make him angry by mentioning Dong Jingxi and so said she just really wanted to call him ‘hubby’. It wasn’t really a lie. Zhuoli chuckled: “Don’t call me that if I’m driving or holding something.” “Why?” “Because it would be easy to cause an accident. I react when you call me that.” Lu Man realized that her husband was really provoked. “We really shouldn’t be late to go to your parents,” she said nervously. Zhuoli smirked, this girl is truly irresistible.

1562 - He had to be satisfied with just fondling her all over. Lu Man had to check in the mirror to make sure she looked normal before they left for the Han family home. When they arrived, they saw an excited Grandma, Lin Liye and Shen Nuo: their eyes were practically shining. The last time they were this excited was when Zhuoli brought Lu Man home for the first time... The moment they sat down, Grandma asked: “I heard your elder brother is courting a young woman?” Zhuoli gave Lin Liye a withering look but diplomatically said he wasn’t sure but Zhuoling’s attitude towards her was clearly different, even taking the initiative to talk to Shi Xiaoya and send her home. Zhuoli had worded it this way to bring down their expectations, but this only made the women more excited. Grandma: “So he’s really courting a girl! So he finds her interesting. Good, otherwise he will remain a bachelor for his entire life! So you know this Shi Xiaoya?” Lu Man explained that she owned a makeup studio that was a contracted to Han Corp, and felt she was a good person. “This Shi surname is not common.” Zhuoli confirmed that Shi Xiaoya is from the Shi family who had struck out on her own. “I have met Mrs Shi before, she seems very polite and honest. I have not heard a bad thing about the Shi Family,” Shen Nuo said.

1563 - Lin Liye: “Should we find a chance to see Shi Xiaoya secretly?” This was right up Grandma’s alley. “I’ll go too,” Shen Nuo coughed. But Lu Man dampened their idea: Shi Xiaoya was leaving to join the filming of ‘Survivor’. She doesn’t know when Shi Xiaoya would return. “Then we’ll wait for her to return. When will Zhuoling go film the show again?” Grandma asked. “Maybe the third or fourth episode,” Zhuoli answered. Elsewhere, Shi Xiaoya was cleaning up her work when she received a WeChat from Zhuoling. “Are you done?” he asked. She knew he had seen and ignored her question about the necktie, but she couldn’t be bothered to bring it up now. “Just finished. Are you busy?” she wrote. “I am done, I’ll head to your studio,” Zhuoling replied in a voice message. “Okay,” she replied in voice too to be polite and continued to clean. Zhuoling had yet again sent Xiao Zhang with a bunch of flowers this morning, even after they had reconciled. This time Xiao Zhang did not wait for her response, and the this time Zhuoling wrote in the card to thank her for forgiving him. Shi Xiaoya could not help but feel affected, why do her ears get hot when she read the card and imagined his voice?

1564 - She was interrupted by her assistant Guo Yujie. Guo teased her, she was like a maiden in love. Noting the card and flowers, Guo asked if Han Zhuoling was courting her. How many flowers have he sent her by now? “Nonsense!” Shi Xiaoya exclaimed in shock. It only made Guo more suspicious. Shi Xiaoya said she was nervous in case a scandal spreads to Han Zhuoling, how bad that would be? Guo relented and they discussed some business matters. After Guo had left, Shi Xiaoya kept the card with all the previous ones from Han Zhuoling. She could not help but look at the time and felt nervous. She decided to pass the time watching some makeup/beauty videos, but then her phone rang with a call from an unknown number alert. For some reason, she thought it must be from Han Zhuoling.

1565 - She calmed herself before picking up the phone and indeed, it was Zhuoling. His deep voice over the phone was magnetic and she couldn’t help but shot to her feet and knock back her swivel chair against the wall. Zhuoling was concerned at the sound but she hastily brushed it aside and hurried her way down when he said he had arrived. Guo joined her in leaving the studio and asked for a ride as she wanted to go to her parents on the way. Shi Xiaoya apologized as she didn’t drive. “Oh alright…. wait, how are you going home then?” Guo asked. They were now in the elevator and Guo stared at her mischievously. “What?” Shi Xiaoya asked guiltily. “What’s with the look on your face? I only asked how you’re going back,” Guo smirked.

14. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!

15. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1566-1570

1566 - Shi Xiaoya admitted that Han Zhuoling was coming to pick her up. Guo exclaimed and plastered her back to the elevator's wall in shock. After making sure that she did not hear it wrong, Guo rubbed her chin and analyzed what Shi Xiaoya had told her earlier. So, you didn't admit that Han Zhuoling was chasing you... because you two are already together, eh? Shi Xiaoya denied it but Guo shot back: if not in love, why would he pick you up? Shi Xiaoya can't tell her it's all because of a necktie, because then she would have to explain why she had the necktie... So she said Zhuoling asked her for a dinner as an apology. "Sure, I believe you," Guo said disbelievingly. When they stepped out of the elevator, Han Zhuoling got out of his car. Shi Xiaoya immediately said that Guo needed a ride to her parents since it's along the way. "Not along the way, nope!" Guo rejected vehemently and disappeared. Shi Xiaoya could only get into Zhuoling's car and he drove her to the nearest supermarket. "You asked about my preferences, but you didn't tell me about yours," he suddenly said. "I am not fussy, I like spicy and sour things," Shi Xiaoya answered as they walked into the elevator.

1567 - She didn't eat celery as it was said to turn the complexion darker. She doesn't like the texture of okra. "What a coincidence, I forgot to mention that I don't like it either," Zhuoling said, even though he was actually indifferent to it. He mentally jotted down her preferences. Knowing that she would be leaving to film for several days, they skipped buying more vegetables. Shi Xiaoya's eyes lit up when she saw fresh salmon. She asked if he liked sashimi and of course Zhuoling did not want those eyes to dim and urged her to buy some fresh seafood and wasabi. Zhuoling found himself smiling more than his usual quota, and he was unable to object to any of her suggestions. He went along with everything just to see her shining eyes. "Should we make spicy seafood chowder?" she asked. The word 'us' tickled his ears and he agreed. "Do you like octopus?" she asked.

1568 - "Like it," he said. "What about oysters?" Oysters? Aren't they said to be good for men's libido? He looked down and decided he didn't need help in that department. "Buy less," he said and so she picked four out. Scallops? Yes. Abalone? Yes. Crabs? Yes. By now Shi Xiaoay was fully engrossed in the shopping, she even grabbed his arm and enthusiastically called out for shrimp. "Am I the shrimp?" he mumbled, and she was brought back down to earth. "No, not you! It was just for fun," she said, but he was still suspicious. Just before the checkout, she saw some crayfish... She had seen some crayfish served at the school party, but skipped it because it was strong smelling. "You want it?" Zhuoling asked, he didn't expect her to be such a foodie with her thin frame. He saw she was hesistant and agreed to buy. "Just a little, we have so much other food," she said, again using "we" and "us" that Zhuoling enjoyed. The CEO was unflappable as he paid and pushed the shopping cart. Shi Xiaoya followed behind and sneaked looks at him. She thought he would have no experience with supermarkets, being a workaholic.

1569 - "Is something wrong?" he asked, having caught her stealing looks at him. "I never thought you would go to the supermarket." she said honestly. "I never did," he said. He had always thought it was a waste of time, but it didn't felt like it today with Shi Xiaoya. He suddenly noticed a store selling household goods and decided to go in to have look after Shi Xiaoya said it was a place she would go to shop. Shi Xiaoya was surprised: Why would you go, what would you possibly buy? Inside, Zhuoling was almost lost in the huge space with its many shelves and bustling customers. "What are you looking for?" she asked. Then Zhuoling stopped at a row of home slippers. Shi Xiaoya had a strange, bad feeling and it intensified when he bought two pairs (one for winter and one for summer). Was his house so lacking that he needed to buy them himself? "Just needed these," he said vaguely. The shopping done, they finally drove to Shi Xiaoya's place.

1570 - It was a strange sight to see the impeccably dressed CEO holding on to the grocery bags. She reached out to give him a hand and he almost grabbed her hand. If only he wasn't holding the bags... He declined her help but when she insisted, he passed her the small bag that had his slippers. She didn't think much of it... until they reached her home. He refused to wear Qin Zigou's slippers, what now? Oh, he just bought some... wait, shouldn't these be in his car to take back home? Oh, he's reaching for something, right, I'll give them back. Only to see him take the slippers out and ask for a pair of scissors. Her brain was addled in his presence and she fetched him the scissors, only to see him cut the plastic ties and smoothly put the summer pair into her shoe cabinet and wore the gray winter pair. "Uhh..." she went. "These pair will be placed here for future use," Zhuoling said, pleased to see his slippers among her shoes. How harmonious, how matching. He then took the groceries inside, and she went in to get changed to cook.

16. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol! Thanks! Btw, how's your leg doing? Hope all have a happy and wonderful New Year.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  17. Hnix21

Hnix21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy New Year and thank you for your continued updates. I hope 2020 is a better year for you and you continue to heal.

18. Littlepie

Littlepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thos two couple are so cute:aww:

19. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1571-1575

1571 - She came out, wearing yet another loose and furry sweater. "The same as last night?" Zhuoling asked. "I liked the style so I bought a few of them," she replied. He looked at her from head to toe. She followed his glance and looked down at her own feet. Same gray slippers as the one he had just bought. They now had a matching pair. "It's a coincidence," Zhuoling said. What a coincidence, why didn't she notice that he had bought the same kind as she had? Really, her IQ seems to drop around him. She busied herself cooking, telling him to wait at ease. She put on gloves to clean the crayfish, but Zhuoling offered to do it instead: "Your hands are very important to your job, they can't be hurt." But your hands sign off on projects that are worth millions... "It wouldn't be good to dirty your clothes," she said, only to realize that he had loosened his tie and opened up several buttons of his shirt while she was changing. "It's alright... or do you even have men's clothing here?" he asked with narrowed eyes. "Of course not. So you should just sit down," she replied. "It's alright, let me help and get everything done faster." But it's only 4:30... dinner should be ready by 6:30... And so she passed him those gloves. Hmm, he has nice dominant hands. She had always noticed his good looks first, this was the first time she paid attention to those good-looking hands... ah, but they were soon covered by the gloves, what a pity... Han Zhuoling was amused to see her rapidly changing face. She sudden realized he should wear an apron and obediently helped to put it on him since he had already worn the gloves. She had to tip toe to reach his neck and Zhuoling bent his head slightly. Why just the head... why is his face so close? She tried to pull away but found his hands around her waist... Zhuoling thought her waist was tiny. Maybe he could even encircle it with his hands so that his fingers could touch each other with a little bit effort... But for Shi Xiaoya, it was '...why are you squeezing me...'

1572 - For Zhuoling, he was only helping to stabilize her. It was not until he had let go that he felt that her waist was very thin. He then turned around and asked her to tie up the apron from the back. She suddenly saw how wide his back was and timidly tied the strings, causing Zhuoling to stiffen at her touch. They then began prepping the seafood, trying to forget the brief little exchange. Zhuoling stole a few looks as they were working: I should have bought comfortable home clothings as well earlier. After he had cleaned up the seafood, Shi Xiaoya drove him out of the kitchen so that she can start cooking. She was relieved to finally have some space.

1573 - By the time she was almost done, it was 6pm. She went out to call for Zhuoling, but he had disappeared. Oh no, was he in her bedroom? She went to check and yes, Zhuoling was in her room, looking at this and that corner. “I didn’t have a good look last time, I didn’t touch anything,” Zhuoling said. What else can Shi Xiaoya say but “it’s fine”? They went to the dining table and Shi Xiaoya apologized for her cooking. Zhuoli of course did not mind, and Shi Xiaoya became a little proud and urged him to try the crayfish. When Zhuoling admitted that he did not know how to shell it, she taught him how. Zhuoling who only viewed eating as a basic requirement found himself being interested by her food.

1574 - He listened earnestly as she explained. Shi Xiaoya demonstrated with gusto but was flustered when Zhuoling placed the first crayfish he had peeled onto her plate. After some hesitation, she returned the favour and peeled one for him. He was surprised but Shi Xiaoya laughed, and reassured him that her gloves were clean. “I didn’t mean that,” Zhuoling said and ate the crayfish, surprised by the full flavours. Shi Xiaoya continued to peel with speed and told Zhuoling not to worry about her and to enjoy the meal. “Next time, if you are afraid of the smell lingering and affecting your work, I’ll do it for you,” Zhuoling said casually. Shi Xiaoya chuckled: “I work outside and you are such a busy man, how can be such a coincidence?”

1575 - They enjoyed the meal. Zhuoling offered the last few that he had peeled to her. “Do you not like it?” she asked. “It’s delicious, you can make more for me next time,” he said as he gave her the remaining crayfish. He offered to clean up, but Shi Xiaoya suddenly thought of something. She went to get some bamboo sticks and made a few crayfish skewers. “This is popular trend lately, but most shops don’t provide this service,” she explained, neglecting to tell him that most videos about it were by women who had their boyfriends painstakingly peel the crayfish for them. After having a few bites, she asked why he had followed her on Weibo. “Nothing, I happened to come across your homepage and felt like it,” he said easily. They began cleaning up, and Zhuoling asked about her Survivor schedule. “I’ll go to the city at 9am,” she told him. He’s the show’s biggest investor anyway, how could she hide anything from him? “Are you all packed?” he asked, knowing that she was going to the cold north.

20. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I'm doing better. Able to walk without aid. But still shooting pains in the leg every now and then.