Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers.

2. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    1046-1055

1046 – She stopped talking when she noticed something was wrong with Lu Qiyuan. He suddenly toppled over and even hit his head on the floor. Xia Qingyang screamed for help and eventually an ambulance arrived to send him to the hospital. Elsewhere, Lu Qi was in bed with He Zhengbai. They had met up to vent each other’s worries. Lu Qi was depressed from her setback in Performer while He Zhengbai was afraid of crawling back to his family with nothing to show for. His elder brother was in charge of the company and was suspicious of him trying to take it over and he would stuck in a nowhere job if he did return. Lu Qi received a call from her mother about her father’s condition. Xia had him sent to the nearest hospital (instead of the more expensive one). She should come visit as Xia thinks it was a serious condition.

1047 – Lu Qi asked for the reason and Xia told her to look at the news about how Performer had gone on hiatus. Her father had been stunned by the news and fainted. Even at this moment, Lu Qi was not too disturbed. She slowly cleaned up and got dressed. When He Zhengbai asked, Lu Qi blamed Lu Man for provoking their father. He offered to go with her. They met Xia Qingyang outside the surgery theater. It was a cerebral hemorrhage, and Xia was wringing her hands because she had seen people never recovering from such surgeries. He gave some comforting words and said they needed to be strong for the Lu Company now, because Lu Qiyuan would still need to be hospitalized no matter the result. As if suddenly awakened, Xia then asked to speak to Lu Qi privately and took her aside. He Zhengbai looked on, knowing what they were going to discuss. He only dropped a small hint and Xia had quickly taken the bait.

1048 – Xia told Lu Qi that she needs to be present when her father wakes up later. Do not let Lu Man appear and be alone with him. Lu Qi was bewildered… and then furious when Xia revealed that Lu Qiyuan had planned to divide the inheritance. Xia had tried to change his mind, why should they allow Lu Man to have a share. Privately, Lu Qi was peeved when Xia said ‘they’… she should be the inheritor, what does it have to do with Xia Qingyang? But for the moment, she agreed that Lu Man deserved nothing. They should try to persuade Lu Qiyuan to transfer the Lu Company into their name… if he ever recovers. If he doesn’t… then they will use every means to do the transfer. Even if he dies, they must leave Lu Man with nothing!

1049 – Lu Qi agreed to follow her mother decision, further swayed by her words that once the money was theirs they could directly invest into Lu Qi’s career. They went to rejoin He Zhengbai who pretended to know nothing about their talk. The surgery ended and Xia Qingyang immediately asked the doctor; half-wanting her man to recover, yet also half-desiring the opportunity to be free once more. She was actually stunned when the doctor announced a successful surgery without any complications. They were allowed to visit him when he wakes up. Seeing that the situation had stabilized, Xia said they shouldn’t trouble He Zhengbai any longer. Lu Qi reluctantly sent him off.

1050 – At the parking lot, He comforted Lu Qi. She vented that her father still wanted to give Lu Man part of the inheritance. He said it was unfair as she had been by her father’s side, and wasn’t Lu Man responsible for provoking him in this situation? Lu Qi assured him that the Lu family was hers alone. “As it should be,” He said with a smile. He then brought up the matter of the Lu Company in Lu Qiyuan’s absence and offered to help if needed. Lu Qi nodded and went back to the ward. Seeing that her father had yet to wake up, she asked Xia if they should ask He Zhengbai to help manage things. Xia was skeptical but Lu Qi insisted. Secretly, she wanted He Zhengbai to arrange the transfers to her alone later.

1051 – Lu Qi said He only offered to help as they did not know how to manage the business, reminding her mother how He had helped covered up the sleeping couch incident long ago (the one where Lu Man was forced to sleep with a director as a replacement for Lu Qi at the start of the story). Lu Qi said they had to act fast before Lu Qiyuan awakens. Besides, the property would be transferred to their names and not He’s. He will be their accomplice too and so would not rat them out, and once married He would be part of the family. Xia eventually agreed but cautioned that they needed to be careful of He. The matter settled, Xia grumbled that they haven’t gotten the company yet but had to spend her own money to treat Lu Qiyuan. Everything was under his control and so she couldn’t do anything with the properties. She was basically treating him like a debtor now, a useless person who caused trouble.

1052 – Lu Qi cautioned her to watch her words as Lu Qiyuan might wake up at any moment. She then wondered if Lu Man would actually fork out some money for his treatment. Xia Qingyang scoffed. Lu Qi did not like how Lu Man was absolved of any responsibility but Xia reminded her daughter of Lu Man’s influence and backing. They had too little resources to fight her and so must focus on getting the Lu Company first.

1053 – Lu Qi understood, remembering how Lu Man herself had endured years of hardship before achieving success. If Lu Man could do it, why not her? Furthermore she would have the Lu Company and He Zhengbai with her to crush Lu Man afterwards. Meanwhile, ML received word from Chu Zhaoyang about Lu Qiyuan’s hospitalization. Though it was not a Chu Family hospital, he had the connections to find out. ML did not intend to tell Xia Qingwei as she was finally free to be with Wang Juhuai. As for the FL, she probably won’t even attend his funeral. Upon reaching home, he was greeted at the door by the bored FL who had been idling at home alone. She had gone out a few times with her classmates but they had their own plans too. She was contracted as a PR consultant for Classic X-Files but as Lu Dongliu promised, she really didn’t need to do anything. Her friend Han Leilei had teased her saying she was someone who could just do nothing but to count money before going to sleep.

1054 – She was so bored that she wanted school to start faster. ML was undressing normally when he suddenly caught the FL staring at him. “So good to look at?” he teased, to which she said, “You’re my own husband, it’s no problem to take a look. This is for my personal well-being.” “I’m your man anyway, you can look but also touch. You can even ride.” FL was embarrassed into fleeing. After dinner, they watched TV. ML decided to tell her about Lu Qiyuan. Sensing her discomfort, he said the surgery was successful and he would be fine. She asked if it was because of ‘Performer’. “Most likely,” he said with a smile. “That means I did it to him,” she nodded. They continued to watch TV as usual. When the show finally ended at 10pm, he suddenly carried her up into the bedroom, threw her onto the bed and pinned her down. “I have been watching the time, do you think I would forget?” he asked smugly.

1055 – “Didn’t I tell you before dinner: you can touch. And ride. This is exclusively for the personal well-being of Mrs Han,” he said. They had an exhausting night. Later, ML asked if she wanted a honeymoon. Lu Man never gave it a thought before: ever since the certificate, there were two small red books and rings on their fingers. Nothing in their daily life had changed. ML teased her: for being someone so smart and fearsome when it comes to work, she was completely ignorant when it comes to her own engagement and marriage. “I really did not think of it. Maybe because each day is already so sweet like a honeymoon,” she replied, “In another few days, school would start and you would still need to work. We have our certificate but no wedding yet, maybe that is why I didn’t think of it.” ML reminded her of the discussion that they would get a wedding after she had graduated. If they were to get a honeymoon afterwards, wouldn’t it be very late?

3. akaashisjr

akaashisjr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is in the 2000s through 2400s. But what I read in a raw story, she was injured because the big lighting fell when she was going to give a speech on stage. It was a murder plot not an accident. Cmiiw.

wny, KazenoTsuyoi, Nese and 1 other person like this.
  4. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

5. Nese

Nese Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still long way to go...drop soe more as well

6. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was the cliche car ‘accident’ plot

michoux likes this.
  7. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!

8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1056-1070

1056 – ML suggested a honeymoon now, and then another one after the wedding. She agreed for a short holiday after ML said he had done his work for this. Besides, it was easy for her to get back to school a little late. But she had no idea where to go and sleepily agreed when ML suggested an island overseas to be far away from people who might recognize them; not knowing that he wanted to see her in a bikini? Two days later they were on his private jet to a tourist attraction island.

1057 – They were welcomed with VIP treatment and were provided a driver. FL realized that ML must have planned this out for a long time. A bunch of paragraphs describing how the ML was still eye-catching in an airport full of people of all shapes and sizes. ML said he had planned it as a surprise for her and she liked it.

1058 - FL felt a little discouraged: it seemed he was thinking doing things for her more than she could do for him. She regretted having the mentality of being his girlfriend still instead of a real wife. ML laughed, but she told him with all seriousness that she will be a good wife and take care of him. They then took a helicopter to a private island. A bellboy took their luggage to their villa and excused himself while they waited outside. A confused FL asked what was going on and ML told her to close her eyes and walked behind her to cover her eyes too.

1059 – He reassured her of his presence and slowly guided her in. After some steps he allowed her to open her eyes and she saw a carpet of rose petals. She took off her shoes and stepped on it, following it to the bedroom and the infinity pool which was filled with natural, translucent pink water highlighted by the setting sun. It was a sight to behold and the shocked FL asked how it was done. ML said it was specially shipped from a lake renowned for its romantic sights.

1060 – FL was stunned by the romantic surprise and ML’s meticulous preparation. They had arrived just in time for the conditions to be just right to see the pool, and there was even a bottle of wine ready. They shared a drink as the evening gave way to night and soon they were bathed by the glow of the starlights. “Mrs Han,” ML said, to which FL replied, “Mr. Han.” They kissed and congratulated each other on the marriage. On the bed, the roof parted way to a glass ceiling to show the glorious night sky. On an impulse, FL suddenly wished to see the aurora in the future. Of course ML agreed, provided she stop calling him Mr. Han but ‘husband’.

1061 – FL said she wanted to limit it to keep fresh and interesting. ML joked how she seem to find it easier to call him Mr. Han all the time instead of hubby/husband. She thought it was true and laughed. She buried herself into his neck… “Hubby, hubby, hubby, hubby…” Yes, it was a honeymoon for the two of them, but ML really wanted to hear her call him that… They spend the next few days idly: swimming, walking on the beach… There were other people on the island but they were far away from the loud music, partying crowds and vacationing couples. They were resting on some lounge chairs when ML offered to get her a drink. A hot, herbal drink. She watched him go… and saw how he was being hit on by a red-head and an Asian. He tried to ignore them but they were bold to try to touch him. FL flared up and wanted to march over when the ML deftly avoided them and warned them to be polite. FL saw it and calmed down. Still, FL hastened her steps to take possession of him by the arm.

1062 – She gave him a painful nudge and left the place after taking their drinks from the bartender. ML defended himself but FL said it was his fault to be too tempting… After a week, they would be returning home. School had already begun for two days. She was meticulously packing and shooed away ML when he offered to help. ML was hurt enough to go to the bathroom to stare at the mirror, wondering if his face had changed drastically after the vacation to have annoyed her. FL was cleaning up and was speechless when she saw him studying his own reflection. “Is this face not good?” he asked. “It looks good,” she said. “If so, are you tired of this face?” “What the hell are you thinking?” FL demanded. “Why are you so annoyed by me then?” he asked as he touched his face. FL apologized for hurting him; of course she wasn’t tired of this good-looking face. He childishly complained: “I feel that I have been rejected by you”. FL kissed him on the lips: “No, I will not dislike you.”

1063 – FL finished packing up and reflected that the holiday went by too fast. She sighed, knowing that they are returning back to lives of work and pressure. She had just mentally prepared herself for the return when she saw the ML was all dressed up, a change from the casualness of the past week. She inadvertdantly asked if he wanted to go out, he smirked and asked if she didn’t want to go back. She embarrassed admitted it and ML said they could make time for such getaways in the future. He asked her to change her clothes.

1064 – And so she pulled out the long flowing dress that she had just repacked; the one evening dress that she had brought along. ML was mesmerized and commented that he really didn’t see enough of her in the past 7 days. FL thought it was nonsense, where would she find the time to wear it as they had been in a naked mess most of the time. He took her out to a lawn where their fellow island guests were already waiting. They applauded when the couple arrived, and ML explained that he had told them he wanted to hold a private wedding there and then. He apologized to the FL for the simple ceremony, but he couldn’t wait. FL said what was important was the fact the wedding was for the two of them, not how grand it was. ML insisted on having a grand version later, but he still wanted this private moment with her. From getting the certificate, the wedding, the honeymoon… they were all done in haste and lacking in some ways. The order is messed up, but don’t worry about this minor detail.

1065 – She settled his worries by kissing him on the lips. “If you keep giving me surprises like this, I will expect more them in the future. What would I do if you don’t?” she said. “Then I will keep trying to create surprises for you. It is my responsibility to surprise you and make you happy,” ML said. The priest coughed, saying that he havent’t told them to kiss yet. They went through with the ceremony with both of them saying “I do” when asked and kissed again when the priest told them. She passionately took the lead… The next day they were at the airport and were waiting for their flight.

1066 – They walked around the boutiques while waiting. A poster of a watch caught FL’s eye and she dragged ML into the shop, wanting to buy him a gift. The clerk informed her that the watch was of a limited edition and she was lucky to get it. ML asked for the female half of the paired watch, which was actually the last unit. But a woman rudely interrupted them in Chinese, declaring to want the watch as well. They turned to see a slightly older woman staring at ML. It was Ren Jieying and though ML and FL did not know it, she was a close friend/rival of Wang Qianyun in the United States. Wang had showed off her relationship with Han Zhuoli and sang praises of him enough for Ren to recognize him. But seeing how intimate Han Zhuoli was with Lu Man, Ren knew Wang had been lying all along.

1067 – Ren had decided to cut in just to one-up Wang Qianyun later. Besides, Han really looked like a very good catch, and who was Lu Man compared to her? She rudely insisted on having the watch that FL was holding. FL ignored her and asked for the couple watch to be rung up. The clerk was more than happy to oblige her, calculating that it was better to sell both as a pair to FL than just one to Ren. FL took out her card but ML was faster to pay. They then decided to wear the watches there and then. Ren stared at their hands, noticing the beautiful ring on FL’s finger. As it was rare of them to go out incognito on a holiday, ML had her wear the most eye-catching form of the custom ring he had ordered for her. Ren knew now that they were actually married, and she couldn’t wait to see Wang Qianyun’s face when she tells her.

1068 – Ren sneered and left. FL wondered who she was, and turned to ask ML accusingly, “Is it because of you?” to which he said he did not know her. Ren had walked off to make a call to Wang Qianyun. “Guess who did I see here at the airport? Your ‘big brother’, Han Zhuoli.” Wang was stunned and though she knew Ren was on a vacation there, what was he doing there? “You must be mistaken, how could he be on a holiday?” “How am I wrong? I saw him and his wife buying a watch. I even talked to them, I am sure it is him,” Ren said. “What wife!? He is not married at all, you surely have got the wrong person!” Wang shot back. She truly did not know he was married as she had not kept up with the online news. “I know you won’t believe, so I took a picture of them both. You like him so much, surely you can even recognize his back. And I even saw their wedding rings. I thought he was supposed to be your man, turns out it isn’t,” Ren laughed. Ren hung up and sent her the photos, daring her to say that she was wrong. When Wang saw the photo, she of course recognizes ML’s back… and the person beside him was indeed FL.

1069 – Ren mockingly gave her sympathy and words of comfort, but was also annoyed to have been fooled for so long by Wang. If he was truly her boyfriend, why was she so secretive about him and not show him off? She made everyone envious and Ren actually believed her. But she saw the look on his face earlier and knew that he obviously had no eyes for other women except for FL. “Well, he is married now and you don’t need to worry about it anymore, don’t be sad. Though, didn’t you say you were childhood friends? Such a big thing and he didn’t tell you?” Ren gloated. Wang kept denying it angrily and Ren finally found ML’s weibo and forwarded his post about his marriage as irrefutable evidence. It was a deadly blow to Wang Qianyun. Wang had resigned from Maxus (previously translated as Mex) because her uncle Wang Juhuai had bluntly refused to intervene on her behalf, saying business is business and family is family and should be separate; and so Maxus was more than glad to force her to quit.

1070 – She was only employed because of her ties with Wang Juhuai; she had little actual talent. Besides, she had offended too many people previously and so found it difficult to get a new job. She was idling her days and was shopping when the call Ren happened. She immediately rushed home to find her mother Luo Wangyuan. A furious Wang Qianyun confronted her, blaming her for advising her to be patient and stay away from Aunt Lin. In the end Han Zhuoli had actually married. Luo was surprised but did not seem too phased. When Wang threw a tantrum, Luo reminded her how both Wang Juhuai and Han Zhuoli clearly did not like them. I had thickened my face with them just find opportunities for you. You have tried for so long to make him like you but failed and now you blame me? You useless daughter dare to blame me? Before he was married, you had so many chances to meet him with Wang Juhuai. Yet you couldn’t even make him give you a glance. Now he’s already married, what else can you do?

9. akaashisjr

akaashisjr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL injury isn’t too heavy but it’s bcs related to her rebirth soul that FL didn’t wake up and comatose for 9 days. ML and Stepdad invite all of the best doctor around the world, but they can’t help... so ML and one of his friend bring the psychic girl to help bring the FL soul back to the present time. ML already know that FL is rebirth bcs she told him before, so he think that FL can’t wake up bcs related to her rebirth soul.

The “accident” is FL stepdad’s niece and ex-wife plan. At the same time when FL comatose, Stepdad’s ex-wife kidnapped FL baby younger brother and demand FL parents to divorce, but it didn’t happen bcs FL baby younger brother was already saved.

Cmiiw

10. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx for the spoilers

11. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it’s a new ‘accident’ rather than the car ‘accident’
    It feels refreshing to me

Nese likes this.
  12. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You!!!

13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1071-1085

1071 – Wang Qianyun said it was her who stopped her from getting help from Aunt Lin Jinshu (Wang Juhuai’s ex-wife). Luo was aghast as she knew the whole story between Lin and Wang Juhuai. Yes, Lin knew how to plot against Wang Juhuai… but what did she have to show for it? Divorced for ten years and yet she kept trying but failed to get a single glance from him; he completely hated her guts. “Divorced and not getting a single look from Wang Juhuai, is that what you want too? Yes, Lin Jinshu plotted against Wang Juhuai. But you can’t plot against Han Zhuoli! The situation is completely different. Don’t bother to ask her for help when she can’t even help herself! If she really had her ways, she wouldn’t have been divorced from Wang Juhuai for 10 years.” Luo honestly felt Wang Qianyuan had no chance at all with Han Zhuoli and thus allowed her to approach Wang Juhuai. It was pointless to persuade her and Luo did not intervene, knowing that it would never work out. It was better for him to get married and kill off her hopes. When she saw how her daughter’s face changed, Luo said: “He did not like you before when he was unmarried, but you still had a chance. But now he’s married, do you want break them up? He met Lu Man while he had no feelings for you. You didn’t break them up when they fell in love. You couldn’t stop them then, you still want to stop them now?”

1072 – She could not understand her daughter’s obsession as there were plenty of other outstanding men. But Wang was unreconciled, who was Lu Man compared to her, why did Han Zhuoli not look at her but look at Lu Man as if she was a treasure? This was not love or longing. This was about getting someone she wanted and letting others be envious. Luo Wangyuan did not want her to find Aunt Lin? Well, she rushed out and immediately called her. On the plane, FL saw how proficient ML was with the photos on his phone, editing and adding filters. She did not think that he would be so interested in small things like this. He explained that he had been educated since young but did not truly understand ‘fun’. He wondered if she was bored being with him, to which she adamantly denied. She said ‘fun’ like partying; karaoke and having wild nights are not for her. ML smiled, even on their dates she would return early. FL noted that the photos were at the island: “When did you take so many photos of me?”

1073 – They were all very artistic and tastefully taken. ML said he wanted her pictures to stay with him when they were apart. “They look so beautiful, more than me,” FL said. ML: “Nonsense, I haven’t edited anything about you.” Indeed, he had only adjusted the colors, and found it too difficult to select a maximum of 9 photos to be shared to their friends. Eventually he decided and sent them with the caption “Honeymoon, wife” to the group. He received a few praises and sarcasm to which he replied in kind.

1074 – He even posted discreet pictures on Weibo, causing the netizens to wonder who she was. He was not worried about her being exposed; after all FL wasn’t that high profile enough to be recognized from the back. Upon landing, they were picked up by Xiao Chen and decided to meet Xia Qingwei. They found the road into the community to be blocked by filming for four days. They found it strange as this was the only way in.

1075 – This was still the first day of filming too. The police were there for crowd control. The filming crew refused to give way even to the residents of the area, including a young man desperate to retrieve his work documents. The filming crew was rude and overbearing. They were filming a chase sequence for Lu Hancheng.

1076 – ML said surely it was the director’s decision. He decided to find out what was happening. Then they saw a car coming out from the community and allowed to go through by the police, which of course made the film staff unhappy. He was told by the police that the car belonged to Wang Juhuai and had the mayor’s personal endorsement. FL wore a cap and glasses and approached the car; even her mother did not recognize her at first. Wang stopped the car by the side so that they could talk. Xia told her that the filming commenced very suddenly and she was going out with Wang to stock up on food for the next four days. The filming crew wanted to film inside, but the property management refused and so they stayed outside. FL was surprised by the management’s proud stance. She overheard someone commenting that it is already such a mess filming outside, can’t imagine what would happen if they were allowed filming inside.

1077 – The film crew started to shoo the complaining residents away, causing the scene to become more unruly. Xiao Chen confirmed to the ML the details of the filming, that Jiang Guanglai was indeed guest-starring in the film “Cold Sound” and listed the producer and other stars. He gave ML the director’s contact. A very stunned Liang Chengbing was soon talking to the ML who blandly told him: “You have sealed the only entrance and exit of the Yiyuan Community. My mother-in-law lives in Yiyuan. I am visiting her with my wife and we can’t get in.”

1078 – Liang was so shocked to know that the CEO of Han Corp was actually at his filming site and ran in haste to inform his staff. The film crew who were arrogantly blocking the road could only blink as their director huffed and puffed his way to greet Han Zhuoli. The staff quickly apologized and allowed ML to go through, but ML then sarcastically asked if he or the others would be allowed through if they were nobodies. Liang immediately scolded his staff, quickly realizing the other people with ML were his in-laws… including Wang Juhuai. He apologized profusely for inconveniencing people and promised to wrap up filming faster than the planned four days. FL arched an eyebrow and thought if he was that concerned why would he be filming here in the first place?

1079 – ML was on the same wavelength and asked the very same question. Director Liang was unhappy at his tone, after all this was not a Han Corp production. He offered a concession that the staff would not prevent him and in-laws from moving in and out of the area. Wang Juhuai shook his head and commented that filming sure had changed a lot since he had been away for so long. ML turned to give permission for Lu Man to speak freely, he was there to back her up. She took his offer up and asked: “Director Liang, only we can freely enter and exit, but what about other people?” “Impossible,” the director said. He was already giving CEO Han face with this concession, but he was not going to bear the responsibility for any delays or problems in the filming. FL: “You only think about yourself? What about you obstructing the life of others just to make a movie? That is unheard of. If you and your crew keep this road sealed, then we will not enter today. We will wait here and not leave. It’s not reasonable to give us enter but prevent others. Sorry, I am not qualified to have such special treatment.” “You are not giving me face,” Liang said. FL smiled. “I don’t know who’s the one in trouble. You are making a movie for an audience, and they…” she gestured the residents, “…are part of your audience. If you tell them that they can’t go home because you’re making a movie for them, do you expect them to go to the cinema to pay for your movie later?”

1080 – Liang was infuriated at the blatant blackmail attempt. It was a naked promise to boycott his film. He stared at her and still couldn’t recognize the FL. The surrounding people caught her words and were incited. “She’s right! You say we are obstructing your filming and so you’re hindering our daily life by closing the road? Alright, I’ll expose you online and boycott your movie! Prevent us from going home but still want us to pay for your movie? What a good dream!” the young man actually whipped out his phone to photograph the scene. When the film staff stepped forward to stop him, he yelled for the nearby police who came in between them. FL gave Liang an ultimatum: either he stop the road closure or they would wait. There are plenty of people here with many ways to disturb the filming. “You stop them from going home, they can stop you from filming.” Liang was completely furious. The young man from earlier threatened that he will throw bricks at the camera lens the moment they start filming. Even the aunties picked up sticks and stones and dared Liang to film, come on, start filming if you can! Liang said the man was obviously inciting a riot, to which he replied that if he failed to get his work documents he would be fired anyway and so he had nothing to lose. A young woman then asked if his nickname was ‘Old Fogy’ (old fart), because Lu Man herself had forwarded the young man’s photo on Weibo. He admitted he was indeed Old Fogy and was delirious when he confirmed that Lu Man had indeed forwarded his post and had lots of comments.

1081 – Even as the man was cheering, FL discreetly hid her phone. She had forwarded the post while everyone was distracted by the excitement over sticks and stones. Liang heard this, how did Lu Man get entangled in this matter too? He truly did not expect the matter to blow up like this and thought by giving CEO Han free movement would be enough to solve it. He hastened to calm the crowd down. ML smiled at his wife: “I don’t know what sort of luck you have to make such things happen wherever you go.” FL was embarrassed but he dismissed it: “This is quite good, the film crew deserved this. And if we have taken up on the offer it and ignored the other people, it would be more troublesome later. It is good that people don’t recognize you, otherwise you’ll be blamed and get bad word of mouth. And mom-in-law won’t find it easy staying here later. Even if you kept quiet, people will have their own opinions. The film crew was too overbearing. So don’t feel you have caused me trouble, you have said the things I wanted to say. Besides, even if I did not take action, you could have certainly solved it yourself.” FL: “Well, for now things are still controllable. But if you care too much for me, what happens if something truly terrible happens to me one day?” “You won’t. You always have your ways,” he replied confidently. FL gripped his arm, moved by his complete trust. ML will always help her, but even without his help, she would never fail. His help will only make her victories all the more complete and overwhelming.

1082 – FL hugged his waist and thanked him. “If I don’t trust you, who would I trust?” ML laughed. On the internet, FL’s simple act of forwarding the photo was enough to spark indignation. Very soon details of the film “Cold Sound” were outed and backlash began to build against it. It also reminded the netizens about FL’s prowess in doling out setback to those who tried to harm her, as she had been quiet for a while.

1083 – The negative opinion about “Cold Sound” built up momentum, with some actually calling up the mayor to complain. Wang Juhuai had actually informed him earlier but he only passed the matter along. He only intervened when pressure from the internet came, forcing him to contact the transportation bureau to clear the road. The secretary could only swallow his complaint and revoked the film crew’s permission (it was the mayor who first agreed earlier). Director Liang’s face turned purple when he received the call. The police had already begun dispersing the crew and the delighted ‘Old Fogy’ informed his fellow residents what was happening. They cheered at their victory and vowed to remember the name ‘Cold Sound’ so as to avoid seeing the movie later. Liang was in despair, Lu Man was right. Filming had yet to begin but the word of mouth traveled much faster. He refused to meet ML again and walked away in anger, remembering that this all started because of Han Zhuoli.

1084 – He had given CEO Han face and gave concessions to him and his mother-in-law, but CEO Han did not appreciate it. Liang did not dare to offend him, but that did not mean he was angry. ML on the other hand was happy with FL and did not take Liang seriously, and so did not care when Liang went away without saying goodbye. FL then asked if Xia Qingwei could still make it in time for her lessons, and so Wang Juhuai drove her off. Since she would be absent, they made plans to meet up later in the evening and went their separate ways. Liang who realized he did not recognize ML’s wife turned around just in time to see them drive away… not into the community. They caused this much trouble, and they did not even enter the area… were they just playing around? Without Han Zhuoli’s presence, those residents wouldn’t have dared to make trouble. Liang could only order his crew to film elsewhere. This forced change would be a sore point that constantly gnawed at his heart. Meanwhile, ML and FL had lunch and a short nap at the Han family home before returning to Yiyuan community to reunite with Xia Qingwei and Wang Juhuai. They asked about the new villa’s renovation, Wang Juhuai updated them on the progress and everything including the furniture should be done before the middle of the year.

1085 – He had been separated from Xia Qingwei for over 20 years but they soon found a familiar and casual routine. They would move there once renovations were done, there were plenty of space for them as well grandchildren, and laughingly revealed that he had bought the place even before they had married. This was news to Lu Man and she thanked him sincerely, knowing that he had truly been determined to be with her mother. Wang Juhuai then hesitantly and nervously asked if she could call him ‘dad’.

14. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

15. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

16. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1086-1100

1086 – Xia Qingwei could not help but shed tears as she smiled. Wang had asked her about it when FL and ML were away on the island, she remembered how nervous he was about the subject. Xia was emotional because Lu Man did not know fatherly love for over 20 years; Xia simply did not expect Wang to be so willing. Wang said that this was the norm and he would protect both mother and daughter. Wang had been relieved that Xia accepted it, now he had to wait to hear if Lu Man would be as willing.

1087 – Lu Man was stunned that her mind blanked out. She did not expect this at all. Wang explained that she kept on calling him ‘uncle’, but he was already married to her mother. He really wanted her to be his daughter and let everyone know that Wang Juhuai would not let his daughter be buillied. Wang Qianyun was only a niece but she waved his name around, FL would be his daughter so why could she be bullied? Lu Qiyuan had not been good to her and never did a father’s duty. Anyways, you don’t recognize him as your father any more, right? So let me bear the responsibility, let me be the father. Let us be a real family, let there be no distance between us. Continue to call her mom but call me dad too… calling me ‘uncle’ would just make things awkward, and I feel I had separated you and your mother.” FL finally regained her wits and to deny such a thing, but Wang continued: “I know you might be worried as I had been married before and I may have lingering doubts in my heart. But there is none, I was only married because of my mistake in being tricked by others…” He went on to say he bought the big villa so that FL and ML could come to stay too and have the grandchildren there as well (no matter how many).

1088 – FL was moved and Wang said, “Wasn’t Han Dongping against you, because he thought your background brought no advantages? Then I took your mother to the municipal dinner. I thought I couldn’t let anyone look down on you and your mom. One is my wife, the other is my daughter. Let those who see you not only think of you as Lu Man the actress, Lu Man the wife of Han Zhuoli but also Lu Man the daughter of Wang Juhuai. Let no one like Han Dongping dare to despise you. But if you don’t want to call me dad, I will understand,” he said. Afterall, they are not biologically related. “But I still want you to know that you are my daughter. If you need help, if you feel wronged, just come back and tell me about it. I-” “I am willing,” Lu Man interrupted. “I am willing. I just didn’t expect it… didn’t think you would do so… I did not experience any fatherly love and thought so long as you and mom are happy, that would be enough. I never thought I could call you ‘dad’. When you brought this up, my mind was in blank. I never thought I could have a father too. A father to love me, to protect me and support me,” FL said as her lips quivered and tears down her cheeks. “Good child. I will be your father from now on, let the past stay in the pass. I will love you and protect you. I am very good now, healthy. I can protect you for another 30-40 years, be assured!” Wang Juhuai said with a smile. “Though you had not felt a father’s love in the past 23 years, you can feel it now for the next 30-40 years!”

1089 – With her lips quivering and her shoulders trembling, Lu Man called Wang Juhuai “father”. His eyes reddened and exclaimed in return: “Oh, good daughter!” She could really feel the fatherly love from him and so the next time she called him “dad” it was far more at ease. That night the family shared a meal and some wine together. In the kitchen, FL said to her mother, “You truly did not love the wrong person,” to which her mom replied, “Neither did you.” It was true that all this stemmed from Han Zhuoli. Way way way at the start, it was him who drove off Lu Hanli (the casting couch director) from taking revenge and sending her to prison, it was due to him that she got into Han Corp and had a smooth career. It was because of him that she and Xia Qingwei got to enjoy a reunion feast at the Han family home, and it was there where Xia and Wang Juhuai reunited and led to their marriage.

1090 – If she did not know Han Zhuoli, Wang Juhuai would have remained in the dark when he returned to China, he would not have known about Xia Qingwei’s divorce. Everything would be as bleak as in the previous life: Wang Juhuai would not even had known that Xia Qingwei had died while Lu Man was in prison. It was all because of Han Zhuoli that her life had changed. She could not help but excuse herself and shyly pulled ML into her room. He thought she was uncomfortable, but she told him she just needed a hug. She was just too happy, and told him that she suddenly thought it was all due to meeting the ML that everything had changed.

1091 – She told him frankly how she would have been plotted against and be sent to prison if he had not intervened. He comforted her, saying that she could always depend on him from now on. He hugged her close to ensure that she was fine and to reassure her before going back outside for the happy family dinner. That night at their own home they finally unpacked their things and Lu Man was reminded of the rumors and mysteries surrounding the 8 big families. ML said it was true: in history when Qin destroyed the six states to unite the continent, the various royal families went into hiding. They could not take their vast treasures with them and so hid them, to be used when they could make a comeback. But the years passed and they never succeeded, and turned to making fortunes in the business world instead. All the 8 major families could trace their lineage back to the source. The six defeated kings had secret relations with each other and supported each other to develop and grow against a common enemy. It was a tradition to this day. It was said that when Qin united the land, the wealth of the defeated kingdoms were collected but the sum was not as much as they had expected. Of course, this could just be stories and exaggerated rumors.

1092 – Perhaps it was due to the endless wars that the wealth had been depleted. But there are stories that the majority of the wealth from the six kingdoms had been smuggled out long before they had been defeated. And so Qin sent people to search and the families changed their names; only reverted once Qin had been defeated. FL wondered if each of the families could have books of histories about themselves, ML smiled and said they really do have records and she could ask to see them in Grandpa’s study the next time they visit. She had to know anyway, since she would be the lady of the Han family and it would be her duty to teach the children. FL conjured a picture in her mind: she being surrounded by children, grandchildren and their grandsons and granddaughters as she told them the stories and history. ML saw her quaking with suppressed laughter and she told him what she had envisaged. “Very good, but we have to work hard to have a baby soon,” ML kissed her. They had been using contraception all along according to their agreed schedule. “I really want to give you a baby now,” FL said wistfully. This of course lit a fire in the ML but he controlled himself in case he caused a bigger delay in the future due to interrupting her schooling. Speaking of which, she was due back at school tomorrow.

1093 – The next morning she awoke early to find ML still in bed, she kissed him and sent him off to work and told him to come back soon and not to work too hard. She herself went back to sleep for a few hours before having breakfast and chauffeured to school. The moment she sat down in class, her friend Zheng Yuan demanded to see her wedding ring.

1094 – Everyone in the class heard it and was surprised since FL was only still 23 years old. She was a little older than the others in the class yes, but she had such a promising career ahead of her yet she married so young. The anti-Lu Man coven was of course negative about it: Zhuang Tingting said she had just destroyed her own career, while Zhang Xiaoying thought FL wanted to lock down her man fast, like those young starlets keen to marry rich and powerful people. Yu Jingfei snorted, in the end they did not know who the family who stood up for her was, it was hard to believe how rich and powerful they were based on just their cars and Fan Yue thought her words were reasonable.

1095 – Fan Yue: “Look at her ring, a thin band without a stone. What sort of rich and powerful family would give such a simple ring?” They wondered if she had broken up with the rich man’s family and was pregnant with an affair and thus married quickly. “Anyway, have you gals seen Han Zhuoli’s Weibo? About his marriage certificate? Yes, nobody knows who the wife is. No one in the media dares to talk about it without his consent. The biggest media groups like Nan Jingheng surely must know but still did not say anything, and the rest didn’t want to offend them. See this huge ring on Han Zhuoli’s wife? It’s too big! Don’t know who this woman is and what sort of luck she had to land such a catch. Rich men these days are either a combination of being ugly or old, or everything is good but simply not handsome, while the handsome ones are too flowery hearted and unfaithful in their marriages.”

1096 – They began to sing praises of Han Zhuoli who was a cut above such people and perfect in every way and lamented how difficult it would be for them to find someone remotely as good as him. Even Zhang Xiaoying said she was just a small actress and while people think the entertainment world’s idols and stars looked beautiful and unattainable to their fans, so are the likes of Han Zhuoli who are unattainable to these stars and idols. Rich and powerful heirs like Han Zhuoli are rare enough, others merely treat them as playthings but not for actual marriage. They have flings for fun, so don’t dream about marrying such people. Zhuang Tingting did not really give on this dream but knew ZXY was making sense. The conversation turned back to the ring: how poor Lu Man was being treated to be not even given a stone for her ring.

1097 – Lu Man of course did not know what they were talking; she was busy chatting with Zheng Yuan, Pan Xue and Han Leilei. Pan Xue whispered: “Why did CEO Han give you such a small ring?” Zheng Yuan: “No, think back to his weibo. That picture with the certificate, the ring was huge.” FL told them about how the ring’s combo design, the simpler version was easier for her to be worn casually as the combined version was too eye-catching. Han Leilei told her to look around, and sure enough FL saw some people had been staring at her but quickly looked away when she saw them. “They despise you about the ring,” Han Leilei explained and scolded Zheng Yuan for leaking out FL’s marriage. Zheng Yuan apologized but FL didn’t mind it, she had worn it to show people that she was married after all. Han Leilei grinned, saying that the gossip now was surely about FL breaking up with the rich family’s man previously and the thin ring was proof that she had hooked up with someone poorer instead. FL laughed. Pan Xue interrupted them in a hushed whisper: the internet was abuzz about how Han Zhuoli’s wife was Wang Juhuai’s daughter. Her friends were indignant, where did this daughter come from, wasn’t it a fact that Wang had no children? No no, there are rumors that he actually had one but kept it secret, or had one illegitimately, or this was his stepdaughter. They were worried about how to clear things up… until FL said the story was true. “Ah, you, what?” they asked stupidly. She told them how Wang Juhuai had married her mother. Still, she was surprised since she only officially recognized him yesterday, who broke the news? The way this was revealed meant the person knew it was FL and had wanted to take advantage of it.

1098 – Her friends were still reeling from the revelation. It was yet another thing to add to a long list of things to be envious about her. They say that she was indeed too lucky; FL cryptically said perhaps it was because her previous life was too hard. They agreed that nobody would say FL was from a nobody family from now on. FL excused herself to make a call. She found a discreet place to contact ML and told him that there was an internet piece about his wife being the daughter of Wang Juhuai. ML immediately understood and was about to check when Wang himself called with concern. He was angry as it was a breach of privacy, and any announcement should be done by them. He too wants to know who was responsible. That very afternoon, Assistant Zheng reported his findings.

1099 – It was done by Han Dongping. ML was incredulous and asked if his uncle was the direct source. Assistant Zheng said no, Han Dongping merely said something that corroborated the suspicions on the internet. He took a few moments to calm down before calling to inform FL. Hearing his tone, FL immediately guessed it was Han Dongping. He confirmed it, and said his uncle had revealed Wang Juhuai had a daughter but not who that daughter was. He also told her that “father-in-law” had called him too, FL smiled because this made her think of Wang Juhuai and not Lu Qiyuan. ML said he will inform Wang and so FL went back to class. When Wang received ML’s call, he nearly dropped his phone because ML called him “dad”.

1100 – Wang was indeed very happy but calmed himself down to listen to the ML. Of course he was infuriated when told it was Han Dongping. He immediately told ML that he was drawing a line between Han Dongping and the rest of the Han family. Suddenly he asked if Han Dongping was at his company. Since he dared to scheme against his daughter, he as her father had to step out. Han Dongping felt Lu Man was not good enough previously and so he went out of his way to support her, only for Han Dongping to try to make use of her again. If he doesn’t step out, he will keep doing it to Lu Man. ML agreed to meet him at the company and pushed aside his schedule to meet Wang at the entrance of Han Dongping’s company. The moment he greeted him “dad”, the stormy expression on Wang’s face lightened up.

17. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler :D

18. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. Thanks!

19. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1101-1110

1101 – “Let’s go,” Wang Juhuai said, still feeling a little awkward with ML. They went to Han Dongping office where an assistant recognized them and ushered them in quickly. He greeted them with a smile but Wang coldly reminded him how he had told him that Lu Man was under his care. He said bluntly so that Han Dongping would not misunderstand: “Qingwei and Lu Man prefer to be low-key. I thought she would be blamed if she got married and therefore I wanted to make it clear that I was supporting her. She thought it was inappropriate, but this doesn’t mean she can be bullied!” Han Dongping had an astonished face: “Oh? Who is bullying her? How bold, she is after all a wife of our Han Family, who dares to do so! Mr. Wang, rest assured that Lu Man is now part of the Han family, she will never be wronged.” Wang Juhuai did not believe him: “Don’t tell me you’re not involved. I found out today, I know who did it. You first thought Lu Man was a nobody and was dissatisfied with her. But now she has a background and so you decide to make use of her, letting people know my daughter is marrying into Han and so we’re all one family. The movies and productions of Han Corp will be done more smoothly with my help.” This was true since Wang had many established contacts in the US with Hollywood companies and actors. “In fact, you did not need to do this. Han Zhuoli is my son-in-law and I will do my best to help him. As long as it is for the benefit of Lu Man, I would not hesitate. But you just couldn’t wait, and it is really too ugly to look at.” Han Dongping turned red: “Do you have any evidence that I did it? Then again, even if this news broke out, what is wrong with it?” “The matters of Lu Man and Han Zhuoli are their own matters,” Wang said.

1102 – “It is up to them to announce it willingly, at their own terms and timing, it is up to them. The closest people who related to them are Han Zhuoli’s parents and they had nothing to say, neither did me or Qingwei, when was it the turn for outsiders to interfere? Mr. Han, this is the last time. This time, you made this plot so that I would cooperate with you because of Lu Man, right? Rest assured that if this was revealed, don’t expect me to ever help you in this lifetime.” Han Dongping did expect some things, but it was enough for people to know that Wang Juhuai was tied to the Han family. That was why he broke the news of his daughter but not who she was, as it would also indirectly help Lu Man. Letting the world know she was Wang Juhuai’s daughter would only give her more advantages. Yes, this would be revealed sooner or later, but Han Dongping didn’t want to be the person helping her. ML saw the expression on his uncle’s face and chuckled: “Is uncle thinking that even if father-in-law does not help you, it doesn’t matter? Because the world knows that he is now related to the Han family, you won’t even need to say anything and there would be people rushing to seek you out?” Han Dongping stared at him, who’s your family here, why are you helping someone of a different surname?. “Dad, would it be troublesome for you to explain to some of your closer friends?” ML asked. Wang: “No problem, the internet these days is so convenient. One message to ten people and from ten it will spread easily. So don’t make use of Lu Man again, she is not a daughter without a family background! Although I have no big skill, I have enough to support her. In the future, don’t think about messing with her again!”

1103 – Han Dongping was furious but could only shout at their backs to leave. They went on their separate ways and Wang decided to pick up Xia Qingwei from her violin class and went to wait for her. ML too messaged FL saying the situation had been resolved and told her in detail about Wang’s hard stance. He did not need to say anything, it was a stage given to Wang to stand up as her father. She called Wang Juhuai and thanked him. He said he was doing his duty as her father to protect her. She offered to make dinner and he laughed, letting her decide on the dishes. At the music school, Xia Qingwei received a message from Wang, he was coming to pick her up. She was bemused, what was the point of hiring a driver then? She was sending off the departing students when someone stood in her way. Xia moved around the person and walked on, but suddenly the person called her by name.

1104 – Xia Qingwei turned around and saw a face from the past. A stylish, short-haired woman wearing pants and a cashere coat; neat and extravagant. Years passed, the face is wrinkled and the hairstyle different, but Xia recognized her still as the woman responsible for ruining the lives of her and Wang Juhuai for over 20 years: Lin Jinshu. The past from 20 years ago resurfaced and Xia found herself still hating this woman. “Did Wang Juhuai came back to find you?” Lin asked. She had been anxious each time Wang had returned to China for the New Years, afraid that he would seek her out. But after many years of not looking for her, Lin felt assured. But this year was different as Wang did not return. She panicked when she found out he had dismissed his servants and his steward Wei Zhong actually went to China, as if he was not going back. She did not know of his marriage to Xia Qingwei, she only heard rumors about how he had taken her to the municipal dinner. There was no announcement but the stories spread within her circle of acquantainces from China to the US. Even the Hollywood filmmakers were concerned that Wang would not go back, what if he stayed to work on Chinese films? Lin was flustered but at this time Wang Qianyun came to her seeking advice to split Han Zhuoli and Lu Man, and so she took the opportunity to come to China with her. Xia Qingwei was about to explode with fury but kept calm. “I was supposed to be with Juhuai in the first place. If it wasn’t for you, we would have married and have children by now. The many years you had married Juhuai, you stole them.”

1105 – Lin Jinshu narrowed her eyes, surprised that Xia Qingwei had changed so much. She knew Xia was in a bad marriage and was divorced, because she had kept tabs on her even after she had went to the US with Wang Juhuai. Wang Juhuai never knew about Xia, but Lin did. About how she had been mistreated and had her husband stolen. Lin had smiled back then, wasn’t this always the case for Xia? Wang Juhuai and Lu Qiyuan… she made the wedding dress only for others to wear. Still, this was not the downtrodden and stupid woman she had expected. Xia Qingwei was radiant and did not look her age, quiet and elegant as if she had a comfortable life. Was this why Wang Juhuai loved her? How was this any different than a witch? She said: “Xia Qingwei, is that what you want to say? Wang Juhuai is my husband, you still have the face to stand before me?” Xia: “You two have been divorced for ten years. If it wasn’t for your trap to trick us, you won’t even have the chance to marry him.” Lin was gloomy: so Wang Juhuai had told her everything, he must have really wanted to get back with her. Hah! It’s been so many years, yet Wang Juhuai never gotten over Xia Qingwei.

1106 – “How do you know we’re divorced? Did he tell you that? And you believed him?” she sneered. “In the past you harmed us, who would I believe if not Juhuai. You? We are already married and properly registered. If you are still married to him, go ahead and sue him for bigamy,” Xia said and walked off. Lin was stunned and rooted to the spot. By the time she came to her senses, Xia had already entered the elevator go down. What did she say? She has married Wang Juhuai?! So the rumors were true! Lin was about to go crazy. For ten years she had tried to save her marriage with Wang Juhuai, she used everything. She even yelled in his face, but he even sold the house and moved away. He did not want to keep a single memory of her! He hired bodyguards and kept her away from his villa, she couldn’t even approach him! Now he’s with Xia Qingwei and even married her! She went into the other elevator and when the doors opened, she saw Xia Qingwei standing together with Wang Juhuai in the distance. After a long time, she finally saw Wang again: still with the gentle charm, mature and attractive. He did not notice her at all, his eyes were on Xia Qingwei. Lin Jinshu could not understand it, he could have his pick of any young woman, why go back to this old Xia Qingwei? So what if she’s his first love? Was she worthy for him to remember her all these years? Lin Jinshu remembered the pained look on Wang’s face when he discovered the truth. It was full of undying hate. He then used every means to force the divorce and then lived like a block of wood, drinking himself senseless for months, laughing and crying out for Xia Qingwei in his ramblings. He almost died and recovered at a hospital. It was then that Lin Jinshu realized how deep Wang’s love for Xia Qingwei was. In the present, Wang saw Xia’s face and became anxious. “What’s wrong? Did something happen? Or… did I make you unhappy? Was it because I came to pick you up? I’ll listen to you in the future.” “No, don’t worry about it,” Xia Qingwei said. It was obviously because of Lin Jinshu…

1107 – Wang was still concerned and so Xia admitted that she saw Lin Jinshu. He was worked up but Xia calmed him down, promising to talk later. He let Xia get into the car and just when he was about to do the same, he finally caught sight of Lin. The look on his face was enough to stun Lin Jinshu. She steeled herself and stepped forward, only for Wang to ignore her and drove away. Scorned, Lin promised to break them apart again… Inside the car, Xia could see how Wang was affected. She soothed him, saying that they were now husband and wife and could see through Lin’s lies and told him of the encounter: Lin seemingly did not know they had married, trying to say that they never divorced and had even claimed Xia to be a homewrecker. Wang was aghast and quickly reiterated that they were really divorced, Xia said of course she trusts him. The last time they believed her, they were torn apart for 20 years; how could Xia ever believe Lin again?

1108 – Still, Xia was worried that Lin would not give up and try something. Wang asked if he should have a talk with her. Xia was skeptical but Wang said it had been 10 years and Lin should have understood by now. Xia then said Wang could just wait; it would be obvious that Lin would seek him out. Until then, it was better to stay away; she didn’t want him to approach Lin even if it was just to warn her. Xia privately wondered if she sounded too possessive but she did not know what Wang was happy to know that Xia could get jealous. Meanwhile, Lin Jinshu returned to her residence where the jobless Wang Qianyun was waiting. Lin immediately demanded to know why she was not told that Wang Juhuai had married Xia Qingwei, but even Wang Qianyun was surprised at her uncle’s impulsiveness. Lin said it was an old story, and Wang Qianyun felt awkward when realizing Lu Man’s mother was her uncle’s first love. So, the online rumors were true, that Wang Juhuai’s mysterious stepdaughter was the wife of Han Zhuoli!

1109 – Wang Qianyun cussed out Lu Man and Xia Qingwei, a pair of shameless foxes that hoodwinked both Han Zhuoli and Wang Juhuai. It made Lin Jinshu feel a little bit better. Lin had never accepted the divorce, in her mind it was only a matter of time that they reconciled. She promised to help Wang Qianyun. Once they had thoroughly discredited Lu Man’s relationship with Wang Juhuai, would the Han family still accept her? Xia Qingwei had robbed her husband and once everyone knows, the Han family will surely not want the scandal-ridden mother and daughter. Once Lin had taken Wang Juhuai back, Lu Man and Xia Qingwei would be nobodies. Wang Qianyun frowned as this meant she had to wait and first settle her uncle. Lin assured her that this was not selfishness, after all they were closer to Wang Juhuai than Wang Qianyun was to Han Zhuoli. She told Wang Qianyun to lie low while Lin goes to meet up with some friends later and give Xia Qingwei a ‘gift’. That evening, Lin Jinshu went to a restaurant where she met up with some businessmen.

1110 – Lin was introduced to some businessmen and expressed her interest in returning to China. She did not want to, but her husband wanted to develop here and so as a supporting wife she followed him. Who’s her husband? Oh, the musician Wang Juhuai. Her guests were stunned and excited to meet the Mrs Wang. They had not attended the municipal dinner and thus did not know the truth, only rumours that Wang had indeed settled in the city with his wife. Meanwhile, Lu Man was busy with school and fending off minor irritants in the entertainment industry. Wang Juhuai and Xia Qingwei had not told her about Lin Jinshu at all, out of embarrassment and not wanting to make her worry. A week later, Xia Qingwei was back at the music school teaching again.

20. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler